Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cardcaptors: Clow Reed's Mistake ❯ Cardcaptors: Hate-Ch.4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
By Maurynna
Author's Note: Hey everyone! This chapter is the longest one so far. I really hope you like it. Remember to review. All comments are welcome. If you haven't read the other chapters, go back and do so now or you won't fully understand this. Also, if you have any questions, anything you want cleared up about something in the story, just ask me, either in the review or e-mail me. My e-mail should be around somewhere.....0.o;; In case it isn't, here it is, Maurynna_h@hotmail.com. But don't ask me about what's going to happen in the future, like, for example, when I'm bringing Li back, because I'm not going to tell you. I'm sorry, I should say you can ask, but I won't answer. *_^ Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptors or anything in connection to it. So do not sue me.
Cardcaptors: Hate-Ch.4
Sakura supposed she should call Madison and tell her what had happened. She would already be angry over the fact that Sakura hadn't told her she was going out looking for Clow cards. Not to mention the fact that Sakura had already taken this long to call her.
But that hadn't been her fault.
Sakura cringed thinking about it. If she thought Tory had been bad, she had been sadly mistaken. When her father got home from work, Tory had immediately told him what had happened, and that he thought someone had attacked her. Her dad had come up the stairs and into her room unannounced. Sakura still hadn't changed her clothes or fixed herself up and she looked like she had been through a very vicious tornado.
Her dad had looked her over for no more than a few seconds before he started yelling. Sakura had been dumbfounded. She'd never heard him raise his voice before, especially not like this. He yelled about how Tory should have gone with her, how he shouldn't have let her go out at all. After he had yelled himself out, he had taken one look at Sakura's wide-eyed face before he hugged all the air out of her. He comforted and patted her back and made soothing noises. And after he was done that, he abruptly stood up, put his 'Dad' face back on and told her that under no circumstances was she leaving this house anytime soon. Then, turning on his heel, he exited the room without another word.
It was, by far, the weirdest thing Sakura had ever seen.
She shook her head. She hoped she'd never worry Dad that much again, to bring him to such uncharacteristic behaviour.
Sakura put it out of her mind and picked up the phone. She dialed Madison's number and waited.
"Hello?" Madison said from the other end of the line.
"Hi, Madison. It's me." Sakura said.
"Oh, hi Sakura." Madison greeted. "What's up?"
Sakura took a deep breath. "Oh, nothing much, this and that, I came across a Clow card, you know, little things."
"What!? You what? What was that about a Clow card?" Madison asked.
Sakura laughed nervously. "Oh, you caught that did you?" Sakura proceeded to tell Madison everything about what had happened since that morning. Madison was silent the entire time, saving her comments until the end.
When Sakura finished her tale, Madison jumped right in. "Oh my god, Sakura, you're going to be all right aren't you? And poor Li, that's absolutely horrible. You're sure you're fine?" Madison asked again.
"Yes, trust me, I'm fine." Sakura assured her.
"Good," Sakura could hear Madison taking a deep breath. "Why didn't you tell me you were going to confront a Clow card? I wanted to get every encounter on tape. You promised I could video tape form a distance!" Madison complained.
Sakura sighed, exasperated. "Madison, I know what I said, but, there is no way I'm letting you anywhere near any of those Clow cards if I can help it. Screw what I said."
Madison frowned. "I don't know whether I should be angry with you or thank-you for worrying about me." Madison drew in a breath, thinking. Then she became excited as a thought occurred to her. "I'm going to come over." Madison informed her.
"Madison......" Sakura began.
"Now don't say no. I can keep an eye on you while making sure you don't go anywhere without me." Madison said triumphantly. She rolled her eyes as she heard Sakura sigh on the other end of the line. "Besides, I've got a surprise for you." Madison told her.
"Oh really?"
"Yeah, give me half an hour to get it ready. See you then!" and she hung up.
"How am I going to get out of this one?"
~
A woman stood in front of a table, rearranging a bunch of flowers in a vase. She picked up a tulip and frowned. She placed it between two orchids, studying it. She smiled. She resumed her rearranging.
"How can you stand being in a place like this?"
The woman didn't even pause in her work as the man's voice rang out in the cavern. "It is not whether or not I can stand it, it is whether or not I will allow it to bother me." she informed him.
A draft made it into the shallow cave, ruffling the woman's long red hair. Her green dress rustled about her, veiling her in a haze of colour.
The man lifted his arm, indicating the vase and other valuable furniture situated around the small living quarter. "And where did you acquire all of this?" he inquired.
"I stole it." she said simply.
The man frowned, not amused. Not pursuing the subject, he said, "But still, situating yourself in an enclosed space so soon after your release? Are you not a trifle nervous?"
The woman placed a daffodil among her artistic accomplishment. "Do spare me the idle chatter. You are here for a reason. I know you do not like me, nor do you approve of my actions," she said, referring to the stolen items. "So do not waste my time. What is it you have come to tell me Rage?" she picked up a rose.
Rage stiffened, affronted. He relaxed minimally, refusing to let the woman get to him. He came right out with it. "Clow Reed is dead."
The woman froze, the rose clutched in her hand, the only indication that she had heard him. "Oh?" she said coolly.
Rage smiled slightly, knowing he had her attention. "I had a very interesting encounter with a certain wizard. Kero Beros. We had an enlightening conversation, where he so graciously informed me of Clow Reed's demise."
"Well," she said. She still had not moved. "That little complication has been removed." she reasoned.
"There is something else you should know," he said. "The wizard had not been alone. A girl, a woman, was with him. There is something very....odd about her. All I could sense from her was Clow Reed. So much so, that I had mistaken her for him. Not to mention the fact that Kero Beros had been extremely protective of her." Rage paused, looking to her for any movement. There was none. "I think the woman is going to be extremely important. I do not know how or why, but I sense it."
"Since when have you taken on Insanity's odd character traits?" she finally spoke.
Rage turned away from her, preparing to leave. "I just thought you might have found this information useful. It is quite obvious that you were planning to strike soon. Do tell me how your investigation goes."
"How do you know I will go to this woman?" she asked, betraying nothing, or so she thought.
Rage smiled a bitter smile. "Because I know what you are like, Hate." with that, he turned and exited the cave.
Hate stood there for a moment, doing nothing. Then, she tightened her hand into a fist around the rose she was holding, crushing the delicate flower. Her face twisted into a horrible mask. If looks could kill, the rest of the poor flowers would have withered and died.
~
There was a knock on Sakura's door. She looked up from her Clow cards which were arranged about her on the bed. Kero, who had been watching her, froze.
"Come in." she called.
Tory opened the door. "Your friend is here," he informed her. Sakura's face lit up. "But I told her you weren't up to seeing anyone."
Sakura scowled at him. "Tory! How could you have done that!? I'm fine, send her in here."
Before Tory could react, Madison brushed by him and entered the room. Under her arm was a box. Turning back towards Tory, she said, "See! I told you she would want to see me."
Tory snorted and left the room.
Sakura smiled. "Don't mind him, you know Tory."
Madison didn't answer. She seemed to be staring at the door.
Sakura frowned, confused. "Madison? Earth to Madison! Hello!!" she peered at Madison's face. Her eyes were distant and she had a dreamy smile curling her lips. Sakura looked at the door. Not finding anything out of the ordinary, she looked back at Madison as confused as ever. That look was familiar somehow...like she'd seen it somewhere before.....
Sakura started laughing as realization struck.
Madison snapped out of her stupor and glanced at Sakura. "What?"
Sakura laughed all the harder.
Placing the box on the bed, Madison placed her hands on her hips. "What's so funny?" she asked exasperated.
"You, you," Sakura couldn't get the words out she was laughing so hard. "You were...you were making gaa gaa eyes at my brother!" she chortled.
Madison's face went beet red. "I-I was not!" she protested, stuttering.
"Oh, yes you were!" Sakura stopped laughing for a moment, drawing in a deep breath. She looked up at Madison from her sitting position, completely serious. "Do you have a thing for Tory?" she asked.
Madison's gaze darted around the room, settling on anything and everything that wasn't Sakura. "Maybe." she confessed.
Sakura went into hysterics again. "You do! You do!" she clutched her stomach, "Ooh, don't make me laugh, it hurts." she looked at Madison. "How long?" she asked.
Madison glanced down. "A while." she admitted. She sat down next to Sakura. "I really don't know how it happened! At first, I thought he was just cute, you know, like adorable." Sakura made a face. "Then, when I kept seeing more and more of him, I began to get these.....feelings, whenever he was close. I started thinking he was good looking, then handsome, and sexy, and...."
Sakura held up her hands in horror. "Whoa! Stop right there! This is my brother you're talking about. I do not want the details. She giggled. "You think Tory is sexy!?"
Madison blushed. "Oh, nevermind! Forget I said anything!"
Sakura looked at her like she was crazy. "Yeah, right! So have you made a move?"
Madison just looked at her. "I thought you didn't want to know." she pointed out.
"I lied. Besides, this is different, you're not telling me about Tory's" Sakura almost gagged. "Physical charms."
Madison sighed. "I haven't done anything yet. I can't help but stare at him when he walks into a room, but does he ever notice me? No, never, at least, not that way." she amended. She buried her face in her hands. "Oh! It's hopeless!" she mumbled.
"No it's not!" Sakura reassured her. "You haven't even tried yet. Madison, I know for a fact that you could get any guy you wanted. So stop moping about! Go catch my brother!" Sakura said, raising her arm into the air. She blinked and the arm came back down. "I cannot believe I just said that."
Madison giggled. "So you're O.K. with this?"
Sakura shrugged. "Yeah, it's about time he found somebody. Geez, I wouldn't want him to grow to be a lonely old man, living by himself, coincidentally close to his sister," her eyes grew wide in mock horror, "Then I'd never get rid of him."
The two burst out laughing. Kero, who was still sitting on the bed, had had just about as much as he could take, "Would you two change the subject!? This is making me uncomfortable."
"Then go do something else." Sakura suggested.
Kero harumphed. "Well, you should at least put the Clow cards away. It's not wise to leave them lying out."
"Right." Sakura began gathering them up. "So what's in the box?" she asked Madison.
Madison jumped up. "Oh, yeah! I almost forgot! Your surprise!" Madison grabbed the box and handed it to her. "Here, open it."
Sakura smiled. "What's this?" she took the lid off, and gasped.
Madison grinned. "I made a few changes and re-sized it to fit you, but, it's still the same outfit."
Sakura lifted the blue one-piece from the box. She remembered this. She used to capture the old Clow cards in it, one of Madison's many designs. It was the blue outfit that had tight long sleeves and a hem that only reached mid thigh. There used to be yellow wings on the front of it, but they had been removed. In their place was an oval sized hole that would show off the tops of her shoulders and maybe the very beginning of her cleavage, bu not by much. The high blue boots that reached her knees had also been modified. Instead of having flat soles, the boots now had heels. The plastic wings that adorned her head were gone, but the two white stripes on each side of the front of the outfit were still there. The two tails that had been at the back were gone as well.
"I only had time to complete one outfit before you arrived, and even then I worked like mad. What do you think?"
Sakura looked over to her. "Wow, Madison. Thanks. It looks great. I didn't think I'd be seeing any of these again." she put the garment back in the box and placed it on her dresser.
"Well, I'm glad you like it. I wasn't sure if they would still appeal to you after all these years."
"No, it's great." Sakura told her. She began picking up the rest of the Clow cards. "I really love it. It's a change from the ordinary, you know?" Your designs are always....." Sakura trailed off as she sensed something. She looked down at the card she held in her hand. The Flower card.
"Sakura, are you all right?"
Madison's voice seemed distant. She was losing sight of reality. Instead of seeing Madison's worried eyes, she saw a field, covered in flower blossoms. And there, sitting among them, was a woman. She had long red hair and was wearing a green dress. At first, Sakura thought the woman had been gathering flowers, but on closer inspection, soon realized that she was brutally shredding them. At what, at first glance, appeared to be a calm, graceful woman, turned out to be an ugly creature as her face became twisted with hate. Sakura sensed a strong Clow card presence around her, in her, she was a Clow card.....
"Sakura!" Kero nearly yelled, peering into her lifeless eyes with concern.
Sakura blinked as the scene dissipated and reality cam rushing back. She focused on Kero. "I think I just saw a Clow card Kero."
Kero frowned. "Can you tell me anything I might make use of?"
Sakura nodded. "I saw a woman, in a field full of flowers. She was destroying them. Kero, she looked so hateful."
"Are you sure Sakura? I mean, maybe you're just overly tired and imagined it." Madison suggested.
Sakura shook her head. "No, Madison, the vision I saw was real. I could feel it. The woman definitely had the sense of a Clow card." she turned to Kero. "Who do you think it is?" she asked.
Kero's brow furrowed. "There are a few possibilities. Could you narrow it down a bit?"
Sakura closed her eyes and concentrated, recalling the vision of the woman. "She had red hair. She wore green. And her face, beautiful, yet ugly at the same time." Sakura opened her eyes. "Does that make sense to you?"
Kero nodded. "Unfortunately, yes. You saw the Hate card."
"We should go after it, right?" Sakura questioned.
"Yep. If the cards showed her to you, that means it won't be long before she shows herself of her own accord. And I don't want to see what would happen then." Kero said.
"O.K. So now we need to pinpoint her location." Sakura reasoned.
"I can help you there," Madison said speaking up. "About three months ago, they put up a botanical garden about two miles from here. No problem."
Sakura nodded. "Right. We should wait until after dark," she suggested. "It would be much easier that way. I won't have to worry about running into anyone at the garden, and I won't have to worry about Dad or Tory interfering. If they guessed that I was leaving, and at night to boot, they'd have my head."
Madison quickly agreed. "Good. That'll give me enough time to run home and get my video camera."
"Madison," Sakura protested.
"Don't you tell me I'm not going, 'cause I am. There's no way you're keeping me away this time. Don't worry, I'll be careful." she promised.
"Fine!" Sakura threw up her hands. "Fine! But if something happens to you, it's not my fault."
"Everything will be fine." Madison assured her. She made her way to the door. "Oh, and Sakura?"
"Hmm?"
"Wear the outfit."
Sakura grinned. "You bet."
Madison left.
Sakura glanced down to find Kero string at her intently. "What?"
"Are you sure you're up to this? You're still pretty banged up."
Sakura put the rest of the Clow cards away. "I don't really have a choice, do I Kero? I have to confront this card or people could get hurt."
Kero nodded reluctantly. "True, but remember, you're actually going to fight this time. Last time, it was mostly self defense, and Rage was being lenient."
"I know. I really hope this goes well."
Kero floated up in front of her. "Hate is one of the easier cards. But be careful Sakura, she is still stronger than your Clow cards. Listen, Hate is very cool, very collected. She's the kind who bottles everything up inside. She rarely lets her temper get the better of her, but when she does, look out. Her hate is very powerful, and there is something she hates more than anything else, Clow Reed. So be on guard."
"I will be Kero, I will be."
~
A stone connecting with her window alerted Sakura that Madison had arrived. She motioned to Kero. She silently opened the window and climbed down. The moon was full so Sakura had no trouble seeing into the darkness.
As she approached Madison, she whispered, "I'm not too sure about this," motioning to the blue outfit she had donned. It was made tight and clung to her body like a second skin. It hadn't been so bad when she was a kid, but now, she didn't feel comfortable. She had certain...assests now, that she''d rather not make a public show of.
"Nonsense." Madison quipped, already video taping Sakura. "You look great."
Sakura rolled her eyes. "Just show me where the botanical garden is so I can get this over with."
Madison frowned, not at all happy her recording had been interrupted. Sakura shook her head, same old Madison.
Madison turned the camera off and motioned for Sakura and Kero to follow her. "It's this way." she started walking.
"You know," Sakura commented. "It would be a lot faster if I just flew us all over."
"It would be," Kero agreed. "But, we don't wasn't Hate to know we're coming." Kero pointed out.
Sakura sighed. "All right, all right."
After a few minutes of silence, Madison asked, "Did you get out O.K.? Tory and Mr.Avalon didn't suspect anything?"
Sakura chuckled. "Nope. I played the obedient patient the whole time." Sakura paused guiltily, "Well, except when I threw my pillow at Tory's head."
Madison looked back at her with an incredulous look.
"What!? He was really beginning to annoy me. He wouldn't leave me alone, so I had to resort to pillow throwing violence." she said solemnly.
Madison rolled her eyes.
They walked the rest of the way in silence, Madison leading the way, followed by a determined Sakura and an ever watchful Kero. They were approaching a large circular building that was labeled Viewmont Gardens.
"Well," Madison said, stopping. "Here it is."
"Good. Thanks Madison." Sakura stepped up to the glass front doors and tried them. Locked, just as she'd expected. "Well, now what? I suppose I could use the Lock card to open....."
Madison stepped past her, smiling. "Don't bother." she extracted a lock pick from her sleeve and stuck it in the keyhole. After a few twists and turns, there was an audible click and Madison pushed the door open. She could see the questions forming in Sakura's eyes, but before they could reach her lips, Madison grinned. "Don't ask." she stuck the lock pick back up her sleeve with a flick of her wrist.
Sakura shook her head in wonder. They ventured forth into the building.
"O.K. Sakura, where to now?" Madison asked.
Sakura concentrated, looking for the unique signature of a Clow card. There! "This way." she led the trio deeper into the building, down corridors and hallways, following the trail of the Clow card. She stopped in front of a set of double doors, one was slightly ajar.
Sakura looked at the two. "Both of these doors should have been closed and locked. She's in here."
Sakura cautiously pushed the door all the way open. She stepped inside with Kero close by and Madison just behind her.
Inside there was an array of different plants and flowers in bloom. It was breathtaking. It was like wandering into a wonderland. Part of the place was a woodland with many different species of trees. The other part was a meadow of flowers and small trees scattered about here and there. It felt like they were in a sort of dome. The roof was made entirely of glass and Sakura could see the full moon if she looked up, it's rays splattering the scenery in silver.
The field of flowers drew her attention again. It looked just like the place in her vision, with the exception of a certain red haired woman.
"Madison, if you're going to tape, don't come too much closer." Sakura told her. She started ahead, not waiting for an answer, Kero sticking close.
She passed the trees and stopped at the boundary of the field. She could still sense the card, she knew it was close, but, again, as with Rage, she couldn't pinpoint it.
"Be careful Sakura." Kero whispered.
Sakura nodded. She started into the field, the flowers brushing against her legs. She kept twisting her head about, trying to look everywhere at once, searching for possible threats. She reached what she gauged to be the centre of the field of flowers. She turned every which way, thinking that there must be some sign of the Clow card by now.
"I don't get it Kero," Sakura began. "She's supposed to be right here. Where is she?"
"I don't like this Sakura, this feels like a trap." he observed.
"So.......Rage was right." a feminine voice said behind them.
They both spun around.
And there she was, her hands clasped behind her back, studying Sakura. "You do feel like him." she said noncommittally.
"Who?" Sakura stared back at her.
"Why, Clow Reed of course," she said matter of factly.
"A coincidence, I'm sure." Sakura said dryly.
She smiled slightly, "Quite." her attention turned to Kero. "And you're here as well. Another coincidence no doubt." she tilted her head in acknowledgement. "Greetings Kero Beros."
"Hate." he said through gritted teeth.
She faced Sakura again. "Rage seems to think that you are a key factor. I haven't the faintest idea why, but you seemed to catch his interest. How odd." she bent down to pick a flower. She brought it to her nose and sniffed. "I might be able to understand if I knew who you were. What is your name?"
"Do you plan on harming people?" Sakura countered with a question.
Hate smiled minimally. "If I must. If anyone seeks to stop me, if anyone gets in my way, I will not hesitate to destroy them." she said without remorse. "Now that I have answered your question, you must answer one of mine. Who are you?"
Sakura narrowed her eyes in disgust. How could this woman be so heartless? "I will not give you my name, you don't deserve to know my name." Sakura saw Hate's lips thin. Kero's warning about not angering her ran through her head. She ignored it. "But I will tell you why it is I have the sense of Clow Reed."
"Here we go," Kero muttered, backing up a bit.
The Clow Key appeared. "Oh, Key of Clow, power of Magic, power of Light! Surrender the wand, the force ignite! Release!" the Key turned into the Clow wand. Sakura twirled it up until it came to rest in front of her face in a defensive gesture.
Hate flinched back, hissing, "That wand, how did you....?"
"You want to know who I am?" Sakura demanded. "Well let me tell you! I am Mistress of the Clow cards, and I will capture you! For I am the blood of Clow Reed and I will avenge him by doing right."
Hate's mask of ice cracked. "You are a descendant of Clow Reed? You are blood of his blood?"
"That's what I said."
Hate began laughing. Sakura frowned, annoyed, this was not the reaction she had hoped for.
She should have known Hate was not laughing because she was amused. Her laugh was a bitter, malicious thing. When Hate focused her eyes on the Mistress of the Clow cards, Sakura knew she had succeeded in breaking that monumental temper Kero told her about.
"Clow Reed's own, how fitting." Hate said, her eyes glittering. "When Hate told me of Clow Reed's death I hated that sorcerer even more for denying me my revenge. But now, now I shall finish off any remainder of Clow Reed from this world! You shall not stand in my way!" Hate lifted her arm, and what looked to Sakura to be blue fire came racing towards her from Hate's fingertips.
Sakura cried out as she dodged it, surprised. "Kero! You didn't mention anything about this!"
"It's magic Sakura!" Kero yelled flying upwards and out of harms way. "All of the new Clow cards some magic on some level. Clow Reed himself taught it to them."
"That's just great Kero!" Sakura yelled, a ball of blue fire whizzing past her and exploding into a tree, setting it ablaze.
"Sakura! Her specialty's fire! Use the Water card to extinguish her steam!" Kero advised.
Sakura took out the Water card, desperately dodging the blue fire. "Water card! Release and dispel! Release!"
Water exploded from the card and rose majestically into the air. She shot a spout of water at the poor tree that had been encased in flames and put the fire out. Then, she rushed at a surprised Hate, who continued to shoot fire at water, but to no avail. She quickly changed tactics and set up a shield of fire around herself. Water slammed into it, but it held no matter how much Water punished it. Water screamed in outrage.
"It's not strong enough, Sakura! Call it back!" Kero yelled.
"Water card! Return to your power, confined!" Sakura brought the Clow wand down and resealed the Water card.
Hate's shield of fire disappeared. "You fool! Did you really think that puny card would be able to defeat me? How naive you are! Let me give you a taste of true power!" Hate upped her energy and shot a wall of flame towards Sakura.
"Jump card! Release and dispel! Release!" Sakura jumped over the flames.
"What a clever one you are." Hate said mockingly. She closed her eyes and raised her arms up high.
For a moment, all was still, then, six columns of fire erupted out of the ground in a circle around Sakura. The columns reached as high as the ceiling and Sakura knew there was no way she'd be able to make a jump like that, not even with the Jump card. She decided to make a quick run between them, but just as the thought formed, columns expanded. They became one solid cylinder of fire around Sakura, completely closing her off from Kero and Madison. All she could she were the flames.
"Sakura!!" she heard Kero yell.
The wall of fire began inching towards her, slowly becoming smaller, and Sakura knew it wouldn't be long before it engulfed her. She had to act quickly. "Shield card! Release and dispel! Shield!" a pink bubble formed around Sakura, protecting her from the oncoming fire. Sakura remembered how Water, one of her strongest cards, hadn't done much damage to Hate's fire shield. She raised the Clow wand up in both hands, gripping it tightly, concentrating on strengthening her shield and keeping it that way. Sakura closed her eyes and gritted her teeth. She really hoped she'd live trough this.
~
Kero watched on in horror as the flames engulfed Sakura. He knew there was nothing he could do, he just wasn't strong enough in this form! But he knew, for a certainty, that if Sakura died her and now, he'd never forgive himself.
~
Hot. It was so hot. Sakura fought the fire with everything she had. She knew she couldn't take much more of this. The Clow wand was shaking violently because her arms had begun to spasm. She could feel the shield weakening around her, disintegrating. Any moment now, a few more seconds and her shield would break, leaving her to die by fire.
Suddenly, the flames disappeared altogether. Sakura's shield faded into nothingness and she fell to her knees, gasping for breath, exhausted.
"Well," Hate mused. "You're still alive. Imagine that. You must be stronger than I thought to have survived that." she smiled an ugly smile. "But you won't be alive for much longer." she lifted her right arm towards Sakura.
This is it, I can't defend myself, I'm too tired. But no, NO! There must be a way out of this, there must be! But how? Think Sakura, think! I won't die this way!
Just as Hate was about to shoot with a small fireball, a group of clouds passed overhead, hiding the moon, effectively blocking it's rays and the light it produced. The Gardens wa plunged into almost complete darkness.
Sakura's eyes adjusted quickly to the darkness, seeing as how there hadn't been much light in the first place. Her eyes quickly darted to Hate.
Hate had lowered her arms and was blinking owlishly, looking this way and that, as if she couldn't see a foot in front of her face. The her eyes widened in panic and Sakura heard her whisper, "Not again. Please no, don't put me back in the dark."
Sakura's eyes widened as well, not in panic, but in realization. Hate was afraid of the dark, from all those years of being trapped in a mountain of rock.
The clouds were beginning to move away from the moon and the shadows were fast receding. Sakura had to act fast, while Hate was still stunned,
"Dark card! Release and dispel! Dark card!"
DArk moved swiftly towards Hate, eradicating any light that had been in it's path. It surrounded Hate and Sakura wasted no time. She raised the Clow wand, "Hate card! Return to your power, confined!" she brought the wand down with force and Dark began to be sucked towards it with Hate.
When Hate realized what was happening, it was already too late. "NO!!" she screamed in outrage as the last of her being was transformed into a Clow card.
The Dark card and the Hate card floated back to Sakura. She immediately put the Dark card away, but she studied the Hate card in her hand. She was happy that she had managed to capture this tough card, but she was also extremely weary. She sat down right where she was, taking a breather.
Kero and Madison came running up to her.
"Wow Sakura! That was great! And I got it all on tape." she said, patting her trusty camcorder.
"Nice work Sakura." Kero complimented her. "You're all right? You weren't burned?" he asked.
Sakura shook her head. Kero opened his mouth to say something else, but someone's clapping interrupted him. They all turned their heads in the direction of the sound.
Rage stepped out of the shadows of the tree line, slowly bringing his gloved hands together, clapping. "Well done." he said calmly.
"Is that Rage?" Madison whispered.
No, not now. I can't battle a fly right now! "Yes, that's Rage." Sakura struggled to her feet. She held up the Clow wand. I must protect them....
"So, you are a descendant of Clow Reed." he said idly, walking towards the group.
Sakura pushed Madison behind her and stepped forward herself. "Let's just do this Rage, leave Kero and Madison out of it."
Rage glanced down. Sakura reluctantly lowered her own eyes as well. Her arms were trembling, and she knew Rage had noticed.
He rested his left hand on his sword sheath. "What an odd garment you have on." he commented.
Sakura blinked. Was he toying with her? She was in no mood for this. "Let's just do this, stop wasting my time."
Rage smiled. "You misunderstand me. I am not going to fight with you. I'm going to let you go."
To be continued....
_________________________________________________________ _________________________________________
Dum dum dum! Don't forget to review! *_^