Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cardcaptors: Clow Reed's Mistake ❯ Cardcaptors: Awakened Loves-Ch.23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
By Maurynna
Author's Note: Hey! It's me! ^___^ Nothing to say right now...OH MY GOD!!! I must be ILL!!...but I'm sure I'll have plenty to say once I see all your reviews for this chapter and the last one. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: I do not own Cardcaptors, nor do I claim to. I am not getting paid for this so please do not sue me.
Warning: Rage, Love, Famine, War, Disease, Death, Hate, and Insanity belong to ME. If anyone tries to take them, I WILL come for you! So be wary. If you WOULD like to use them, ask me first and we'll see. Also, the other five Forgotten that I have yet to bring in are also mine...and I'll list them when they appear. ^_^
Cardcaptors: Awakened Loves-Ch.23
Rage had kissed her...Rage WAS kissing her. Sakura's mind went completely blank, shock the only thing making itself known. She was so surprised that she didn't respond to the kiss nor push him away, and when Rage pulled back and gazed into her eyes, all Sakura could do was stare.
When her mind began working again, two things occurred to Sakura at once; Rage tasted good, and what had just happened had been very bad. She had nothing against Rage, and he was very handsome, but Sakura didn't think getting involved with him would be such a good idea.
Since Sakura had voiced no protest, Rage took that to mean she hadn't objected. Leaning in close, he braced one arm against the tree beside Sakura's head, and he brought his other hand forward to cup Sakura's chin. Tilting her head up, he kissed her once more.
Sakura's eyes drifted closed of their own accord and she found she could not resist Rage's allure (who would want to? *drool*). Drowning in the pleasure, Sakura allowed Rage to draw her lips apart and insert his tongue into her mouth. When Rage released her this time, they were both breathless. Trying to get himself under control, Rage buried his face in Sakura's neck, taking deep, steady breaths. Sakura, eyes still closed, licked her lips, and, without realizing what she did, murmured, "...Li."
Rage went suddenly still, and if Sakura had been able to see his face, she would have seen the utter look of, first, disbelief, then extreme pain on his face. Clenching his fist against the tree, Rage didn't move, determined to stay like this for as long as possible...even if Sakura had feelings for another.
Coming back to herself finally, Sakura opened her eyes and blinked. Alarm bells suddenly going off in her head too late, Sakura lifted a hand and pushed desperately against Rage's chest, hoping he would pull away. After a brief hesitation, where Sakura held her breath, Rage pulled back and walked away from her to give her space, his expression completely closed off. Watching him with wide eyes, Sakura raised her fingertips to her lips, "You shouldn't have done that." she whispered. "Why did you do that?"
Eyes without any emotion whatsoever, Rage said honestly, "I am drawn to you, Sakura. I cannot help but think of your bewitching green eyes every day, nor forget the texture of your hair, soft as kitten's fur, when I had held it for that brief moment after Hate was sealed. Your image haunts my dreams and leaves me without peace. I have tried to ignore these odd feelings you evoke in me, but I cannot." he didn't bring up the word love...he was not so far gone to realize how utterly foolish that would be.
Sakura continued to stare at him. "You're mad." she whispered.
The corners of Rage's mouth tilted upward. "That is very possible."
Sakura didn't know what to do. This came as a complete surprise to her...the possibility that Rage felt anything for her at all had never even entered her mind. She liked Rage, she thought he was attractive, but she had only viewed him as a friend, nothing more. And while kissing Rage had felt very good...it hadn't felt right...like she had been kissing the wrong person. She didn't dwell on that thought too much as it made absolutely no sense.
Sakura was debating on what to say. She couldn't let Rage assume that she would welcome him as a...a...boyfriend. That was a safe word. But she also didn't want to hurt his feelings. Trying to let him down gently, Sakura murmured, not looking at him, "I'm sorry Rage, but I don't think this is going to work."
"I know."
Sakura's head snapped up, and she stared at him, utterly confused.
Rage chuckled, but he wasn't happy. "I know that your heart belongs to another." that remark shocked Sakura enough that her mouth fell open in astonishment. What was he talking about? Suddenly, Rage sobered. Looking right at her, he declared, "But that does not mean I am giving up." he informed her. "I will keep trying to win you in hopes that you will tire of the one whom you care for. And when you do, I will be here."
Deciding Sakura was way in over her head, she changed subjects. It took her three tries before anything sounding remotely like words would come out of her mouth, "So...what does that mean?"
Rage arched an eyebrow in question.
Sakura gestured around her absently. "What about your threats to kill me? Are you still going to fight me?"
Rage laughed, the sound holding no mirth. "I could not kill you, Sakura, if my life depended upon it. I cannot fight you." sighing, frustrated, he muttered, "This is going to kill me."
Thinking about what this meant, sakura asked, "Then...what will you do now? What about your revenge?"
Rage considered. "I could always fulfill that obligation via Li Syaoran." and, he would have gladly killed the boy right now if he could have. But, one look at Sakura's face had him saying, "Do not worry. I will not kill him." ...but I may cut off his sword arm. Sighing again, he murmured, "I do not know what I will do."
Speaking up hesitantly, Sakura ventured, "You could always fight with me against the other Forgotten."
Rage looked like she had just suggested he sit down for a cup of tea with Disease...and like it. "I think not." he answered, his voice sounding strained.
"Why not?" Sakura cried.
Rage scowled. "I cannot fight with you. It would be too much like fighting with Clow Reed once again. I cannot do that...I can't."
"But...are you sure it was Clow Reed who..." one look at the intense glare Rage was sending her had Sakura snapping her mouth shut. "Fine...do what you like then." making a quick decision, Sakura said sadly. "Since you have no excuse to seek me out now, I don't expect to see you again."
Rage took a quick step forward before he could stop himself, but Sakura didn't stay around to see what he would say. Whirling around, Sakura grabbed her bag and fled.
~
Sakura's next stop was Li's. She felt bad about what she said to Rage, but, it was much more simpler this way. Sakura kept telling herself that...she would have one less thing to worry about...but Sakura couldn't stop feeling guilty. She had done it so that her mind would be clear and she would have nothing to distract her from capturing the other Forgotten. Sakura nearly snorted...she was beginning to think like Kero; forget everything but the mission! Sakura mused.
Ignoring the odd looks she was receiving from people on the street, Sakura crossed the road to Li's apartment. Being summer, the door was held open to allow any cool breezes to blow through the building, and Sakura walked inside. Taking the elevator, Sakura waited until it reached Li's floor and then stepped out. Walking down the hallway, Sakura stopped in front of Li's door and knocked twice. Then she let both hands rest by her side and waited for Li to answer his door.
When the door opened, Li stood in the doorway, in his green ceremonial robes still. Sakura smiled at him warmly and prepared to say hi...but whatever she had been about to say only came out as a squeak when Li suddenly enfolded her in a bear hug without warning.
"I'm so glad you're back..." Li whispered, his face buried in Sakura's hair.
Sakura blinked and awkwardly lifted her arms to hug him back. Li was obviously very glad to see her. The thought had never occurred to Sakura that he would be this worried. Well...she knew everyone would have been worried, but the implications of that really hadn't been made clear in her mind until now.
They stood there, just hugging, not moving, for what seemed like hours. But that was fine...Sakura smiled gently, being in Li's arms felt nice. She realized with a start that she'd never been hugged by Li before. Well...he never was a touchy feely person anyways. Sakura knew this was something she'd hold in her memories for a long time. It occurred to her that, though this felt nice, it also felt like something else, too. Sakura frowned a bit, thinking. It felt...right. That was really the only word Sakura could think of that fit. She was startled by that, and what Rage said ran through her head again...'I know that your heart belongs to another'...Sakura's thoughts began turning over on themselves. Sakura had had no idea what Rage had been talking about, but, where other countless hints from Madison, sly remarks from Kero, and even signs from Li himself had failed to make Sakura realize what her heart was telling her...one remark from Rage finally got her thinking. (does anyone else see the irony there? ~.^)
Sakura had always regarded Li as one of her best friends. She had always felt safe with him, had always felt protected. She would never admit it, but their verbal spars and physical competitions to see who was the best...Sakura always enjoyed those. She enjoyed spending time with Li, but, they had been eleven, and at the time, their relationship couldn't have gone beyond that anyways. She certainly never once viewed him in a sexual way at all. And then she had gone away. By the time she had come back, Li had grown up, as she had. When she first saw him again, when he'd saved her from Rage, she remembered thinking he looked very handsome. And, on that subject, Sakura grudgingly admitted that she might be attracted to him...just a little.
Had all those times when she'd felt close to him? felt safe with him? Had all those times he'd gone home after a battle with the Clow cards and she had longed to ask him to stay for a little while longer...had all those things that she had felt so long ago been her heart trying to tell her she'd found the One?
All too soon, Li let her go looking sheepish. Sakura's train of thought was broken, but it didn't stop nagging in the back of her head. Even if there was any merit to what she had been thinking...Sakura couldn't act upon it immediately. She had known Li too long to make such a drastic change in their relationship by telling him that there was a possibility that he was...maybe she was overreacting here...her soultwin? Besides...Li may have missed her and worried about her terribly, but that didn't necessarily mean he felt the same confusing things for her that she felt for him.
"Sorry." Li muttered apologetically, looking nervous. He looked her up and down once, then seemed to dismiss her odd form of dress. Then the questions started, "Where did you go? What happened, exactly? Are you all right?...of course you are...you wouldn't be here if you weren't. What did you do while you were gone? How did you get back?"
Smiling ruefully as Sakura realized she'd have to repeat her whole story again, anything short of the long version wasn't going to satisfy him, she said, "Well...I could stand out here in your doorway and tell you the whole thing...or I could come in and sit down."
Blushing, embarrassed by his lack of manners, Li muttered apologies and opened his door wide, allowing Sakura to enter.
Sakura had never been in Li's apartment before and she looked about her discreetly as she walked inside. She gave the place a quick once over. Kitchen to the right, closet on the left near the door, living room straight ahead, bathroom, and a closed door on the far right that Sakura could only guess was the bedroom. And everything was spotless...this place was far neater than any place had a right to be.
Walking into the living room, Sakura sat down in what looked like a comfortable chair. As soon as she had, she literally sunk into it. "Oof!"
Seeing Sakura's predicament, Li grinned before he could stop himself, "That's my 'comfy' chair."
Sakura arched an eyebrow. "I see that." righting herself as best she could, Sakura then placed her bag on the floor by her feet.
Li took a seat on his couch across from her. Sakura looked around again. There was a T.V. in front of Li's windows, sitting on a nice cabinet. There was a small glass table at the end of the couch, and there were various Chinese paintings set on the walls around the place. In the corner was a small table and two chairs. By that, there were stacks of books, sitting precariously upon each other and looking ready to fall over at any given moment; the only semi-messy part of Li's apartment.
After her inspection, Sakura turned back to Li and smiled. "I like your place." she said politely.
Li shrugged. "It's okay. But I want a bigger place." getting back on topic, he said, "Your story?"
"Oh...right." Sakura grinned sheepishly. She retold her story again for Li's benefit, leaving nothing but the part about Rage and Clow Reed out.
"So, Clow Reed was the one who sent you back?" Li said thoughtfully. "It's good that you sealed the War and the Famine card, Sakura." then he smiled shyly. "I'm just glad you're back, safe and sound." then his expression did a one-eighty and he became totally serious. "But...just in case, maybe you shouldn't see Rage about those Magic lessons anymore?" Li suggested carefully.
Sakura mentally grimaced...there went her conscience again. "I...I don't think that will be a problem anymore." she said quietly.
Li stared at her a moment, not sure he's heard her right. Then he smiled. "Good."
Magic on her mind, Sakura remembered what Clow Reed had done and what it meant. Smiling brilliantly and completely dazzling Li, though she didn't know it, Sakura said, "When I was in the past, Clow Reed did this...thing. He did some Magic on me and I think I might be able to use Magic now!" she finished excitedly.
Li smiled himself, Sakura's grin contagious, "That's great, Sakura!"
"Of course, I won't be doing anything BIG, just, you know, little things." she paused, thinking, "I forgot to mention this to Kero and Yue, but, when I see them again I will. I'll ask them to show me some things. And I got this book from Clow Reed that'll help me learn." Sakura never even considered asking Li to teach her. It wasn't because she didn't think he could...but simply because it just never even entered her mind.
Li was slightly hurt that Sakura didn't ask for his help as well, but he kept that to himself. "Now you can use more than just the Clow cards to help you battle the other Forgotten as well." he said instead.
"Yeah." glancing at the clock on the wall, Sakura sighed, "I should go, I only stopped by to make sure you knew I was back. I still have to tell Tory that I'm back...and hopefully explain to him what, exactly, I am."
Li smirked, still at odds with Tory, "Good luck." he said sarcastically.
Sakura stuck her tongue out at him. "You wanna explain it to him for me?" she asked sweetly.
Li shook his head and laughed. "I'll leave that pleasure to you."
Sakura stood up and grabbed her bag again. Li jumped out of his seat and rushed ahead of her to get the door. Sakura smiled secretly at his gentlemanly behaviour. Walking out of the apartment, Sakura turned around and faced Li again before she left, "Bye Li." she said quietly
"Bye Sakura." he said, just as quietly.
But Sakura didn't leave, and Li didn't go back into the apartment. They stood and just looked at each other for a long time. Then, blinking, Sakura suddenly smiled shyly, and, like a skittish mare, made her way to the elevator. Li watched her with suddenly hungry eyes until the elevator doors closed and Sakura was gone. Then, sighing to himself and wanting to kick himself for not just saying something about his feelings for her, he closed his door and went back in to his apartment.
"And what exactly would you say, Syaoran? 'Sakura, I love you, I've loved you since we were eleven but was too much of a chicken to tell you. Don't ever leave me again, please?' " Syaoran shook his head. "I'd never get that far."
~
Rage walked into his little clearing, not happy. Realizing that Sakura was in love with that boy had not been a pleasant experience. It had cut him deeply, to realize her heart did not, and probably could not, belong to him. If Rage had any sense, he would have left this alone and let Sakura be happy with Li, but he was just too stubborn to let it go.
"So? What did she want to talk to you about?"
Rage glanced at Love, who was lying on his back in the grass, staring up at the clouds in the sky. Unbuckling his sheath and sword from his belt, Rage set them down on his infamous rock. Moving to lean against the willow tree, Rage said calmly, "She knows I fought as Clow Reed's ally against our kind."
Love bolted upright into a sitting position, eyes wide. He took in Rage's calm expression and frowned. "And...you're not upset about it?" he asked warily.
Rage shrugged. "What is there to be upset about? She had a right to know, she is his descendant."
Love took in Rage's blank expression again and the frown grew deeper. "What else?"
Rage arched an eyebrow. "What else what?"
Love snorted. "Don't play dumb...it doesn't suit you. I can tell something is bothering you, and if it's not about Clow Reed... then what?"
Rage stared at Love in disbelief. "What do you mean...you can tell something is bothering me!? Have I lost control of my facial expressions? Because I could have sworn my face was blank."
Love smirked at him. "I can tell when you're troubled, Rage." was all he said.
Sighing in exasperation, Rage said, "I kissed her." his mood was plummeting again, remembering Sakura's rejection of him.
"You what!?"
"I kissed her," Rage repeated. If he had been paying attention, he would have seen the look of complete shock and pain on Love's face. But Rage wasn't paying attention, and Love quickly covered it up with his cheerful mask. "Unfortunately, she has feelings for another. Li Syaoran, Clow Reed's other descendant." Rage scowled. "The amusing part is, I do not even think she realizes she cares for him. And that fool of a boy probably doesn't realize it either."
"I guess that's three fools in total." Love said, too quietly for Rage to hear.
"I have told her that I care for her, and I also told her I shall not give up." Rage's face crumpled for a moment, before he collected himself. "However, she does not wish to see me again. I think, though, that it is simply because she is running and does not wish to face more problems then she can deal with."
Face a complete blank, Love asked, "What will you do now?"
Rage sighed. Slipping down against the tree trunk, Rage sat down unceremoniously. "I have told Sakura I cannot fight her, and I have promised not to harm the boy." he raised his head and looked at Love with amusement. "I do not know what I will do now. I cannot leave her, not with Insanity, and Death, and the others still loose. But now it seems I cannot be with her either. If only...if only Clow Reed had not betrayed me. Damn him!" Rage swore passionately, "If he had not, I could be with Sakura and help her fight without my ignoring my own honour." leaning his head back against the tree, Rage looked up at the sky. "As I said, I do not know what I shall do now. I suppose...I suppose, you could leave if you want to. There really is no point in hanging around now. I'm afraid I cannot offer you any amusements to watch any longer." Rage didn't look at Love when he said this. Rage didn't want Love to go, he was Rage's only friend, and Rage admitted that he enjoyed the rogue's company..he made him want to laugh, though he never did. But, he couldn't keep him here, and his pride wouldn't allow him to ask him to stay.
Love shrugged, apparently not too concerned about the whole situation. "Where else would I go? I think I'll stay a while longer. Who knows? You might just get into more trouble that I'll need to get you out of." Love said cheekily.
Rage snorted but didn't look at him. "You wish."
When Rage focused his attention back on the sky, Love lay back down and did the same. Since Rage could not see Love's face, Love let the mask drop. Gazing sadly up into the sky, he whispered, "You fool...I could never leave you."
~
Sakura opened her door and walked into the living room. Frowning when she didn't see Madison or Tory, Sakura headed into the kitchen. No one there either, she headed up to her room. Opening her door, she found Kero playing video games as usual, a sure sign the crisis was over. Ignoring him for a moment, she placed the bag on her bed and opened it. Taking the jar with Cherlindrea out, Sakura carefully unscrewed it and took the little hummingbird out. Smiling gently at it's happy chirp, Sakura set it on her pillow. She walked over and opened her window, making the decision to let it go. It would be happier in the wild. It didn't make a move from her pillow, it just sat there and stared up at her with huge eyes. Sighing, Sakura said, "Fine, stay as long as you like. If you want to leave, the window's open." then she took Clow Reed's book from the bag and set it on her headboard gently, making a mental note to continue reading it later.
Sakura left the rest of her stuff in the back for now and headed straight for her closet. The sooner she got out of this dress, the better. Pulling out a pink T-shirt and some old jeans, she exited her room and went for the bathroom. Once she was done, she came back to her room and put the blue dress in the bag with the others.
Finally done, Sakura turned to Kero. "Where's Tory?" she asked.
Eyes glued to the screen, Kero said, "He's at Madison's."
Sakura's eyebrows headed for her hairline. "What?" that was odd...Tory's been to Madison's a total of two times, and both were to pick her up and the other time to drop her off. Tory never went to Madison's unless Sakura was there. When Kero didn't answer and continued to try and beat the controlled to a pulp, Sakura shook her head and said, "Nevermind. Did you tell them I was back?"
tap tap tap "No."
Sakura frowned. "Well, why not?"
"...they were...busy." Kero said. He didn't venture any other information.
Refraining from slapping her irritating Guardian, Sakura headed back out the door with a, "Going to Madison's."
She took a taxi, as it was too far to walk, and within ten minutes, Sakura was at Madison's apartment building. Sakura tipped the cad driver and walked up to the front door. Buzzing Madison's apartment, she waited.
No answer.
Sakura frowned. She pressed the button again and held it for a good five seconds. Then she waited.
Nothing.
If it wasn't for someone walking out the door and, therefore, opening it for her, Sakura never would have gotten into the apartment. She decided to take the stairs, and, as she was jogging up them, she couldn't help but wonder why no one had answered the buzz.
Reaching the seventh floor, Sakura opened the door that led into the hallway and kept going until she reached apartment 702. If buzzing hadn't gotten an answer, Sakura doubted knocking would either. So, reaching up on her tiptoes, Sakura felt along the top of the doorway and pulled down the emergency key Madison kept up there just in case. Inserting it into the lock, Sakura turned it and opened the door. Taking the key out before she shut the door, Sakura stuck it in her pocket, then she walked into the living room.
What Sakura saw in there had her eyes bugging out of head in sheer disbelief.
There was Tory, sitting on the floor with Madison in his lap, his arms around her and cuddling her like a teddy bear. They were both watching tapes of Sakura's card captures (what did you think they were doing, you hentais? ;P ) with Madison explaining what was going on in quiet tones to Tory, whose chin happened to be resting on her shoulder.
Sakura couldn't help it...she giggled. "You two are so...KAWAII!"
She must have startled the hell out of them. They both jumped up from where they sat like the carpet was on fire. Madison had this stricken look on her face, you know? the deer-caught-in-the-headlights look? But Tory looked even more embarrassed than Madison.
"Sakura! It wasn't what it looked like! We were just...it's not like we..." Madison stopped abruptly and blinked. Then, before Sakura could run, Madison launched herself at her friend and hugged her much the same way Li had...except...Li hadn't squeezed the life out of her. "Sa~kura! You're back!!"
"I missed you, too, Madison." Sakura wheezed.
Pulling back, Madison grinned. "I KNEW you'd come back in one piece. You've gotta tell me what happened!"
After Madison released her, Sakura looked over at Tory. "Hi Tory." she said hesitantly.
"Hi, squirt." but he didn't move to hug her as Madison had.
Madison glanced from one to the other. Then, backing up, she said, "I think I'll go make some tea." and then she disappeared into the kitchen.
Tory and Sakura stared at each other for a moment, but then Sakura broke eye contact and her gaze slid to the floor. "Maybe we should sit down?" she suggested.
Tory shrugged and took a seat on the couch. Sakura, not sure exactly what was going to happen, took a seat on one of Madison's chairs to be safe. "So..." Sakura began, "you know I'm a Cardcaptor, right?"
"Why did you keep it a secret from me, Sakura?" Tory asked.
Sakura flinched, thinking there was condemnation in Tory's voice. "I-I didn't want you to get hurt." she whispered. Straightening suddenly, Sakura asked, "Do you know what a cardcaptor is, Tory?"
Tory nodded. "Madison explained it to me." then, surprising Sakura, he said, "It's not so hard to believe."
Sakura blinked. "Oh."
Tory shrugged. "At first...I didn't believe it, I absolutely refused to, but, I've suspected something was off for years. I guess... having my suspicions confirmed after all this time was just a shock to me...I knew there was something wrong with that stuffed animal," he muttered. "But, I've had time to think about it, and, I can accept it, even though I don't like the idea of you being in danger." he mumbled. "And...I guess I really can't blame you for keeping it from me." looking nervous suddenly, Tory said, "I-I have my own secret that I've been hiding from you, Sakura."
Sakura's eyes widened. What possible secret could Tory have? "What are you talking about, Tory?" Sakura asked carefully.
Tory ducked his head a bit. "This is why it's really not so hard for me to believe in magic, Sakura." looking right into Sakura's eyes, Tory said, "I can see the dead, Sakura...I can see Mom."
Sakura's breath froze in her lungs as her mind just seemed to...shut down. Staring at Tory, Sakura heard herself say faintly, "What?"
"It first started when I was ten. I would see her hovering around the house. Sometimes, she would just be watching us, other times, she would be hanging around Dad. One time, I saw her in the kitchen when Dad was cooking, hovering behind him, running her fingers through his hair, a happy smile on her face."
"You can see Mom?" Sakura asked, still not over that fact. She felt suspiciously close to tears. She had always loved her Mom, and when she'd died, Sakura had been devastated. Sakura had managed to get over her Mother's death, but she never forgot, and whenever she thought about her mother, she always got this pang inside her chest. Now, now...Tory was bringing her back into Sakura's life, and bringing the grief with it. Especially due to one fact...Tory could see her, and Sakura could not.
Jealousy, hot and pure, ran through Sakura' veins for a moment. It wasn't fair! for years after Mom's death, Sakura had wished for her to come back. And now, when Sakura finds out she is back...it's even worse because she couldn't see her. The jealousy left her in a rush though, the feeling unfamiliar anyways. She should be happy...right? Mom was watching over them, and that was all the counted. But...those tears were still threatening.
Tory was watching her closely. "When you were getting ready to leave for Canada, I saw Mom moping around the house looking extremely unhappy. Then, when you left, Mom stopped appearing. I don't know if she followed you to Canada, or, if she just...went back to where she was supposed to be."
"She was supposed to be with us. Alive and happy." Sakura burst out, unable to help it. Then she felt one of those traitorous tears escape and her lips quivered.
"Sakura?"
No, no, no...don't bother me Tory. You'll just make it worse. But it was too late. Another tear escaped, and, before Sakura could protest, Tory was kneeling down in front of her. He pulled her to him and hugged her and she cried. She cried for all the lost years, for all the memories she didn't get to have, and for Mom.
When she was finished, Sakura looked up into Tory's face. "Did...did Mom seem, happy? most of the time?" she asked in a small voice.
Tory smiled gently and his eyes were suspiciously bright. "Yes, yes, she was very happy, all the time. Especially when you, me, and Dad were all together."
That made Sakura feel marginally better...but she still wished she could see Mom.
Madison walked into the living room then, carrying three cups of tea. She stopped short, though, when she saw Sakura's tear stained face. "Do you guys want to be alone again?" she asked quietly, already backing up towards the kitchen again.
But Sakura shook her head and smiled at Madison from her position on the floor. "No...it's okay, Madison, I'm fine. Besides... I could use some of that tea."
Sakura reseated herself in the chair and Tory moved back to the couch. Sakura scrubbed at the remaining moisture in her eyes as Madison placed the teacup on the table in front of her. Then she took a seat on the couch beside Tory and handed him his cup.
Sakura watched discreetly as Madison and Tory kept glancing at each other over their tea cups, sending each other 'looks'. Finally, unable to stand it anymore, Sakura said, "So...when are you two going to go out on your first official date?"
Madison giggled and Tory choked on his tea. Not able to hold it in, Sakura started laughing. Tory, glaring at her with tears in his eyes from the choking, said, "I'll remember that, squirt, and when you get a boyfriend, I'll make sure I torture him mercilessly."
That made Sakura sober...in Sakura's mind, the only man she wanted as a possible boyfriend right now was Li...and if Tory found out she was dating Li, he'd kill him.
They resorted back to easy conversation now, but Sakura's mind was still on her Mom. She didn't really feel so sad anymore, though...if Mom was happy where she was, then so was Sakura. One other thing was still bothering her though...Clow Reed. Had he really done that to Rage? Trapped him like that, even though Rage had been his ally? Even though she couldn't go back in time herself, Sakura was going to find out what happened.
Tomorrow...she was going to have a chat with Yue.
To be continued...
__________________________________________________________ ________________________________________
Okay...there's the second one. Didn't quite turn out how I wanted, but, considering how it's 2:00 in the morning...I think I have some leeway here. *blinks as screen goes all blurry* I think I'm going to go to bed. I finished this tonight...this morning ^_^a... for you CreatiStar. ^_^ Have fun on your vacation!!
Next chapter...I think I'm going to bring in the next card, but I'm not sure. We'll see how it turns out. Don't expect the next chapter out on the weekend, though...I'll be working so I won't have time to write it. Hmm...well, I put in some romance for all of you that have been waiting for it. Phew! Let me tell you...it almost KILLED me! ^.^ Joking! So, Sakura finally knows Rage likes her, Sakura FINALLY realizes she likes Li, Li likes Sakura, and Tory and Madison are getting...better aquainted. ~.^ But...there is someone else out there that is being neglected. Someone who loves someone else but they don't know it because they're seriously obtuse! hehe...sorry. *ahem* if you can tell me the name of the poor person who I'm talking about... I'll be EVER so HAPPY. ^.^ I'll be waiting for your reviews!! Until then!