Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Cherry Blossom Destiny ❯ Half of a Whole ( Chapter 8 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Cherry Blossom Destiny

Chapter Nine

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS it is property of Clamp. I do own this fanfic though so please don't steal it!

Author's notes: Hi all. Yup you guessed it. Another chapter of CBD! Yay! Almost at the end. Thanks to all who are sticking with the story! This chapter contains the capturing of the final shadow card which means Shatano could come after Sakura at any time now. How will she find a way to stay safe from him? Well I guess you'll have to wait and see!

~Chapter Nine~

Sakura sat Indian style on her bed looking down at all the Shadow cards when she realized something. "Kero! I have all the Shadow cards! I've captured them all!" She cried.

"What!?" Kero exclaimed and fluttered over to her.

"They're all here Kero!" She pointed to the cards on her bed.

Kero peered down at them and double-checked. "You're right…" Kero muttered. He looked back at them for a second. "No wait!" He shouted. "You're missing one!"

"Which one?" Sakura asked in disbelief.

"I don't know what card it was exactly but I bet Eriol does." He winked at Sakura.

"Right! Let's go over to his house." Sakura pulled out the fly card and her staff and Kero transformed into Cerobearous. They both flew over to Eriol's house.

***

"Shatano made a card the Clow Reed didn't. It is very different from the other cards. When Clow Reed learned that Shatano was making the cards he knew he could not destroy the cards because he saw the future and saw it was the next master of the cards, namely you, would be the one to fight for them. So instead he sealed the cards away, along with Shatano, but before doing so he put a spell on the half card. Whoever holds possession over the half card controls it. If someone with a pure heart is the holder, it is a Clow card. If someone with a dark heart is the holder then it will be a shadow card." Eriol was explaining about the final card to Sakura, Kero Spinal Sun and Nakuru.

"I get it!" Sakura nodded. "So If I capture this card I get to keep it, right?"

"That's correct." Eriol agreed.

"But it still means I'm one step closer to the time where Shatano will come after me." Sakura hung her head and tears dripped down her face. "I'm scared…" She quivered.

"We all are Sakura, we're all scared, but we believe in you." Eriol assured her.

"Don't worry. Look at all the stuff you've done already!" Kero landed on Sakura's shoulder. "You captured all the Clow cards,"

"Beat Yue in final judgment," Eriol continued.

"transformed all the Clow cards to Star cards," Spinal Sun helped.

"and defeated Eriol." Nakuru finished.

Sakura lifted her head. "Thanks guys." She smiled and wiped away her tears.

"Come on Sakura, Kero and I will walk home with you." Nakuru offered. "I need something from Touya anyways."

"What, the answers to your homework?" Spinal Sun asked cynically.

"Yes, how'd you guys Suppi!?" Nakuru giggled as she, Sakura and Kero walked out the door.

"DON'T CALL ME SUPPI!" He shouted.

***

When they got to the house Kero flew right up to the bedroom to play video games while Nakuru tried to get the answers off Touya but he refused. "Oh! I hate you!" She fumed and stomped back to Sakura and she suddenly cheered up for her. "Hey Sakura as long as I'm here why don't we go have a girly talk!? You seem like you really need one!"

"Uh…um…" Sakura stuttered. She looked over at Touya for help.

Touya just gave a soft laugh. "Well I have to go to work now." He grinned and walked outside.

Sakura dashed to the window and opened it. "I hate you Touya!" She cried.

"That's two people today." He laughed and walked away.

Sakura closed the window and Nakuru dragged Sakura upstairs. "Come on! We'll go talk on your balcony!" She giggled.

As they came closer to her room Sakura sensed another magical presence other than Nakuru's, Kero's and her own. It was Yue's power. "What's Yue doing here?" She wondered out loud.

As Nakuru pushed the door open Kero and Yue were both just flying out of the balcony.

***

Kero dashed upstairs to play video games, but when he opened the door Yue was waiting there. "What are you doing here Yue?" Kero asked.

"I need to talk to you Cerobearous." Yue said very seriously. (AN: So in other words he said it the way he usually does! Te he he!)

"Well this can't be good." Kero rolled his eyes. "Is this going to be a man to bear talk?" He snickered.

"I'm serious Cerobearous! This is important." Yue shouted.

"Jeesh!" Kero sighed. "Calm down would you!?"

Suddenly they both felt Sakura's magical aura coming closer. "Hurry! Outside!" Yue ordered. They both flew up to the top of the tree next to the balcony.

When they got there Kero sighed. "This is about Sakura isn't?"

"Yes…" Yue nodded reluctantly. "How did you find out?"

"Well I wouldn't have if it weren't for what Touya and Tomoyo said.

"Touya knows!?" Yue gasped. "I'm surprised he hasn't tried to kill me already. Though I would most likely kill HIM first but…"

"So you love her then…" Kero guessed.

"Yes…but I don't know if she feels the same why, and you know what happened last time…" Yue explained.

"Well there's only one way to find out she feels…ask her!!!!!!!!!!!"

"It's not that easy." Yue sighed and shook his head.

***

Sakura and Nakuru sat on the balcony, unnoticed by Kero and Yue. Nakuru was babbling on and on. Sakura caught little of what she was saying because she was paying more attention to looking at Yue. Suddenly Nakuru said something that made Sakura snap out of it. "You love him don't you?" She asked.

Sakura gasped and starred at Nakuru. "Excuse me?" She choked.

"You heard me." Nakuru grinned. (AN: Let's see how many people now? Hm…Tomoyo, Eriol, Nakuru, Kero, Touya, Yukito…)

"Me? Love…Yue?" Sakura's eyes widened. "I never really thought about it but…" Sakura paused. "Now that you mention it I've really wanted to be around him a lot lately and I'm always trying to be strong and powerful in front of him. And other times I could just care less!"

"Ah ha! Just what I thought! I never lie!" Nakuru laughed.

Suddenly Nakuru froze with a blank stare. "Nakuru? Are you all right?" Sakura asked and shook her a bit, but Nakuru did not respond. Then she started to fade out and Ruby Moon appeared. Then she went back to Nakuru. She kept going back and forth between forms. "Nakuru!" Sakura cried. "What do I do?" She whispered. She remembered Yue and Kero were in the tree so she started to climb up.

Yue and Kero were so deep in their talk that they didn't notice Sakura's power coming closer. She popped her head out from between a couple of branches. "Guys! I need you help!" She cried.

Yue and Kero immediately stopped their talk. "Did you here anything Sakura?" Yue asked.

"Huh? Oh, no. I wasn't paying attention."

Yue let out a sigh of relief and Kero chuckled. "What's wrong?" Kero asked.

"Something's wrong with Nakuru!" Sakura told them.

"Well that's nothing new!" Kero laughed.

"No, I'm serious Kero! She's…" Sakura started then noticed that both Kero and Yue had frozen just like Nakuru. Then Yue faded into Yuki and back and Kero faded into Cerobearous. They kept changing just like Nakuru. "Not you guys too!" Sakura cried. `Well I need to get them back to the house but I'm not strong enough to carry them. Oh wait! I know.' She thought. She pulled out her key and began to chant. "Oh key that gathers powers from the sun the moon and stars, release the staff that I may use against the cards that he will chose!" She then pulled out a Clow card. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow! Power card! Release and dispel!" Now she easily picked up her two guardians and brought them to her balcony as well.

Then she heard the doorbell so she ran downstairs. She opened the door and it was Eriol, holding Spinel Sun. "Sakura, is anything wrong with the other guardians?" He asked.

"Yes! Their changing between forms! Why isn't Spinal Sun?" Sakura replied.

"I used a spell to keep him in this form so I could carry him over here but it won't last long." Eriol explained.

"Come on, we can bring him up with the others." Sakura led Eriol up to her balcony. Eriol put Spinal Sun down. As soon as he did Spinal Sun began switching between forms.

"It's the half card, right?" Sakura wondered out loud.

"Yes." Eriol nodded.

"How do I capture it?" Sakura asked. "Wait! I know!" Sakura gasped.

"What?" Eriol inquired.

"Remember when you put that spell on Kero and Yue that wouldn't let them change back to their false forms?" Sakura asked.

"Yes! I remember! So you can…"

"Use the shield card like I did back then!"

"Right!" Eriol agreed.

"You think I'm going to let it be that easy!?" A voice cackled. Sakura looked up above her balcony. It was Shatano (Well actually it was Kyle, but…).

"Shatano!" Sakura gritted her teeth and gave him an evil glare. "What do you want!?"

"What do you think I want?" Shatano grinned. "So go ahead, capture the card!"

"Do you think I'm that stupid!?" Sakura shouted.

"Sakura, I'll distract him." Eriol whispered so Shatano couldn't hear. Sakura nodded.

Eriol called his staff foreword and used his magic to float up in the air and be even with Shatano. "I will fight you now Shatano." He pointed his staff at him.

"What!? It can't be!" Shatano gasped. "I feel Clow Reed's magic emanating from you!"

"I am Clow Reed's reincarnated self." Eriol explained. "Now we fight!" He shouted and sent out an attack of magic.

Shatano blocked and shot one of his attacks right back at him. Eriol moved out of the way so only his arm was hit. It singed his shoulder and burned some of his sleeve off.

"ERIOL!" Sakura cried.

"Don't worry! I'm fine! Now capture the card!" Eriol shouted.

Sakura hesitantly nodded and pulled out the shield card. "The shadow of night is upon us now so I call upon the cards of Clow! Shield card release and dispel!" An invisible shield formed around and the four guardians stayed in one form. Yue, Nakuru, Kero and Spinal Sun (the little one) lay on the balcony. Sakura sighed. `They're all right.' She thought. "Half card! Return to your powers confined! Half card!" The half card came out of the shield in the form of a young woman with a glaive in her hand. It glowed and became its card form. It floated in the air and a female voice rang out.

"A new master must be chosen to decide the form that I shall take. Shall I belong to the world of light or dark? The hands that hold me decide so I shall wait here."

Shatano immediately snapped his head in the direction in the card. He and Sakura both had the same distance between themselves and the card. The both rushed foreword. Then Sakura remembered. "Dash!" She cried. She shot ahead and grabbed the card.

"NO!" Shatano cried. Then he calmed. "No matter. I will get them from you soon! And then you will die." He disappeared in a cloud of smoke.

Eriol descended down to the balcony. "Are you okay?" Sakura sniffled as she pointed to his shoulder and held back a tear.

"Ya, I'm fine." Eriol replied.

"You're lying." Sakura grinned.

"Okay, you caught me." Eriol chuckled.

"Go to my bathroom and clean it up and get a bandage. I'll wake up these guys." Sakura told Eriol.

"All right." Eriol agreed. He left and went to the bathroom.

Sakura walked over to Yue first. She knelt down next to him and placed her hand on his shoulder so she could wake him. When she did a light emerged from him and shot outside, far away. `What was that!?' Sakura wondered.

Then she heard Yue slowly coming to. "Are you all right?" She asked.

***

Yue felt someone's hand on his shoulder. They were trying to wake him up. He felt warmth spread all around him like a light shining on him. `What's going on?' He wondered. Then suddenly the warmth shot away from him. He slowly opened his eyes.

He saw Sakura. She was the one trying to wake her. "Are you all right?" She asked him.

"I'm all right, but what happened? One minute I'm talking with Cerobearous then I'm here." Yue said in confusion.

"The half card attacked Kero, Nakuru, Spinal Sun and yourself. It made you all switch between your forms and I guess you went unconscious when it happened." Sakura explained.

"Did you capture it already?" Yue wondered.

"Yes." Sakura hung her head.

"Hey, Don't worry about it." Yue told her and put a hand on Sakura's shoulder. Sakura looked up at him. She had tears in her eyes. Sakura jumped foreword and wrapped her arms around Yue's neck and cried into his robes.

Yue awkwardly put his arms around her to try and comfort her. "Shhh…" He said calmly. "Don't cry. Everything will be fine."

At that moment Eriol had popped his head into the room, unnoticed. `I'll go wait in the living room for Ruby and Spinal Sun.' He thought with a smirk.

After a few moments of crying Sakura's tears stopped and the two of them went to wake up the others.

All the while Shatano sat in the tree, hidden watching the scene before him. Finally he had found another weakness to the little girl. He gave a silent laugh and disappeared.

Author's notes: Well we're almost done. Sakura has captured all of the cards, but what in the world was that light!? I know and I'm not telling! Mwahahahahahahahahahaha! Well see you in the next chapter!