Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Christmas Resolution ❯ Conflict ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Christmas Resolution: Part 1/2
By: Starlight Rose
Rated: G
Email: starlighto_rose@hotmail.com

A.N. No I'm not dead. I warned that I would be taking a break from fanfic writing for a bit, but now I'm back. I've been really busy lately with college and then finals, but I'm done with all of it now or at least for three weeks. The epilogue of "An Unfinished Task" has been rewritten from the airport scene one. If you haven't read it yet, I think you should because it's much better and more detailed. It has about five more pages to it due to me adding or expanding scenes. I'm also going to start another long CCS fic soon. I'm really excited about this one. It'll be a retelling of the Grimm's fairytale "Thousand Furs". I'll be changing a lot of the beginning and end to fit more with the characters, but the basic storyline will come from the story. So look forward to that story. Well on with the story. This story is mainly concerned with Touya and Syaoran (I'm feeling guilty about not having more of Touya and Yukito in the other story) and it'll be two parts. It's just a short story.

*****************************

Ring! Ring! Ring! The phone rang imperatively before a dark haired man around his mid-twenties went to pick it up. "Moshi moshi, Kinomoto desu." He drawled into the phone casually.

"Ohayo, onii-chan!" a cheerful voice on the other end of the line answered.

"Oh. Ohayo, Kaiju. You're up early." Kinomoto Touya replied smiling as he pictured his younger sister on the other end fuming at his pet name for her. He soon got the reaction he was expecting.

"I'm not a monster!" Sakura screamed into the phone.

Touya winced in pain as he pulled the phone from his ear. His sister may have been eighteen years old, but she still acted like a little kid at times. He had to admit though, all those years of cheerleading had helped her to develop a strong set of lungs of which he was currently learning how to not appreciate. "Whatever. So, why are you calling me today?"

Touya could almost picture his sister perking up, as she replied, "Well I was planning on going Christmas shopping tomorrow and I was wondering if you and Yukito-san wanted to join me and the others."

Touya thought about it for a bit before asking, "Who else is going?"

"Well Tomoyo-chan and Soujiro-kun are coming along and..." Sakura's voice trailed off.

"And. Who?" Touya prodded already knowing he wouldn't like the answer.

"And Syaoran." Sakura finished, hesitation filling her voice.

A vein popped out on Touya's head at the mention of the Chinese boy's name. "You expect me to go around with you with that gaki coming along?"

"He is not a brat!" Sakura replied indignantly defending her boyfriend, "And yes I want you to come along. I know you and him don't get along that well, but I really wish you two would at least try. This is a good chance for you to try and get to know him better."

"I don't need to get to know him better." Touya retorted stubbornly.

"Onegai...onii-chan. Please come." Sakura tried once more putting as much pleading into her voice as she could.

Touya sighed warily as he pictured her on the other end giving him puppy dog eyes. He cursed his weakness for his sister and how she could get him to do anything for her even when she was not physically present. Finally with a resigned air he answered, "Fine. What time are we meeting?"

"Would tomorrow at ten in the morning be okay for you?" Sakura asked all her cheerfulness restored.

"Hai." Touya practically growled.

"Great! Then we'll meet you at the mall at ten-tomorrow morning. Ja ne, onii-chan!" Sakura said and hung up before Touya could have a chance to change his mind.

Touya tiredly hung up the phone as Yukito's voice came from the kitchen, "Oi, To-ya, breakfast is ready!"

Touya walked into the kitchen and sat down in his chair looking extremely grumpy and dissatisfied. Looking carefully at his lover Yukito asked in worried tone, "Who was that on the phone?"

"Sakura." Touya replied tersely.

"Oh. It's nice to hear from Sakura-chan again. What did she want?"

"She invited us to go shopping with us and her friends tomorrow."

"Really? That's wonderful. It's been several months since I last saw her, but why do you seem unhappy about it?" Yukito asked clearly being able to read Touya's mood.

"She's bringing that Chinese gaki with her."

"Syaoran-kun, you mean? I didn't know he had returned from Hong Kong."

"Un. He got back a few months ago, I remember her mentioning it. I can't believe he has the nerve to come back after all these years." Touya growled as he thought about the pain that Syaoran's leaving had caused his younger sister. Though he had to admit one good thing came from the brat. He hadn't needed to worry about Sakura dating anyone all through high school because she still missed the gaki. That at least saved him a lot of trouble scaring away Sakura's prospective boyfriends since she wasn't interested in any of them to begin with, though he did have to scare off a few persistent ones. Though Touya realized with dismay that this particular one would not be scared off by him.

Yukito smiled as he realized why Touya was so annoyed, "The onii-chan still doesn't want to let go of his imouto, does he? You really do have a sister complex, don't you?"

"I don't see why she likes him so much. I mean he left her for several years and during that time she was miserable."

"But he's back now right? That means that he does care for her."

"Yeah. But still I don't trust him to take care of her yet. He hasn't proven to me that he really loves her enough yet." Touya replied.

*****************************

"Syaoran!" Sakura yelled as she barged into Syaoran's room. She knew Syaoran had a habit of leaving his door unlocked just incase she needed him for some reason. After the event with Christian he never got a new roommate and he also didn't trust Sakura to stay out of danger. So he left his door unlocked so she could call on him anytime she was in trouble. Unfortunately though this time she almost wished he had locked his door. Almost, but not quite considering what she got to see. Sakura's face turned bright red and her eyes about popped out of her head as she saw Syaoran standing before her wearing only a towel. Beads of water glistened on his wet skin and a towel that he was using to dry off his hair was in his hand as he stood there looking at her in shock and embarrassment. Sakura just stared at Syaoran's muscular body clothed with only a towel around his waist before realizing what she was doing and turning quickly around screaming, "Gomen ne! I think I'll try and remember to knock next time."

Realizing the position he was in and the fact that he was standing in front of Sakura wearing only a towel, Syaoran blushed red as a tomato. With an almost audible groan of horror he quickly secured the towel around his waist, picked up his clothes that were on his bed, and ran back into the bathroom. He re-emerged a few minutes later still blushing furiously, but this time clad in a pair of black jeans and a dark green button up shirt that remained open at the collar revealing some of his muscular chest. The towel that he was using to dry his hair hung around his neck and the towel that was covering more sensitive areas was nowhere to be seen. He noticed as he left the bathroom that Sakura was still standing turned towards the door. Chuckling slightly to himself he told her, "It's okay Sakura. You can turn around now. I'm decent. It was my fault for not locking the door."

Still blushing Sakura tentatively turned around and Syaoran couldn't help a small chuckle aloud as he noticed that she still had her eyes glued shut. Walking over to her he grabbed her face gently in his hand and watched as Sakura slowly opened her emerald eyes to see Syaoran peering at her with a small grin on his face. Gently so as not to embarrass her Syaoran asked, "So why were you running into my room so urgently? Is something wrong?"

Smiling sheepishly at him, Sakura replied, "Well no. It's just that, I wanted to tell you that onii-chan and Yukito will be joining us tomorrow."

Syaoran visibly paled at the mention of Touya as he thought about the imposing young man that had seemed to have always hated him. Syaoran supposed that he couldn't blame the guy for not liking him, considering that the first time Touya saw him he was picking on Sakura. The guessed that Touya had figured that things had changed between Syaoran and Sakura, but even Syaoran knew that first impressions are long lasting. He sighed warily, let Sakura's face go, and turned away, "If Touya is going to be there maybe I shouldn't go."

"No. You need to come. I know you don't get along well with onii-chan, but you should at least try to. This is a good chance for you to get to know him a bit better." Sakura pleaded.

"Sakura, I would love to get along better with your brother, but I don't think it'll work. There's something that I'm doing that he doesn't like me for."

"I know, but you two haven't seen each other in years. Maybe things will change. His agreeing to come with us means he's willing to at least try and be around you. Maybe he wants to get to know you better and you two will end up liking each other."

"I doubt it. He's probably coming along to watch over you and make sure I don't try anything."

"Please Syaoran. For me." Sakura pleaded with as much sincerity as she could.

Syaoran turned around to tell her that it would be no use, but realized his mistake as soon as he did so. Sakura stood before with him emerald eyes shining with almost tears in her eyes. She turned the full effect of her puppy dog eyes on him and Syaoran felt his heart melt and heard himself saying, "Alright." before he realized what he had said.

Sakura brightened immediately and hugged him impulsively saying, "It won't be that bad. I promise. I'll be there with you and onii-chan wouldn't do anything bad to you."

"I hope so. I really you're right." Syaoran replied hugging her back.

*****************************

Christian Mauler watched the scene taking place before him with Sakura and Syaoran and couldn't help but laugh as he watched Sakura barge in on a half-naked Syaoran. He had meant to warn her, but couldn't do it in time. He caught someone floating next to him watching the two also and a gentle feminine laugh that startled him a bit before he turned. He smiled at the spirit of a beautiful lavender-haired woman with green eyes floating next to him. Kinomoto Nadeshiko smiled back at him and remarked, "I guess you couldn't warn her in time. You know she used to not be able to see spirits, but only feel us. After her fight with that daemon though she's become stronger."

"Yes. I'm glad something good came out of that and all the trouble I caused her." Christian replied saddened by the reminder of the daemon.

"I don't know. I think more than a little good came from it. Sakura now has two spirits watching over her happiness now. You shouldn't feel guilty for the things that thing did." Nadeshiko told him knowing what he was thinking.

"Nadeshiko-san, can I ask you a question?" Christian said.

"Go right ahead."

"Well, I was just noticing that Sakura-san's onii-chan and Syaoran-kun don't seem to get along with each other. I mean Sakura-san's onii-chan reacted badly to the news of Syaoran's coming along and Syaoran-kun is now reacting badly to him coming along. Why is that?"

"I died when Sakura was only three. Since then Touya has been really protective of her. She is probably the most precious thing in the world to him. I remember when she was born Touya swore he would always protect her. He has watched over her and protected her all his life. Well when Sakura started capturing cards, Touya was really worried about her, but Sakura never told him what was going on. Touya suspected but never told her and Sakura never knew that he had some idea of what was going on until later when he gave his power to Yue. He couldn't protect her while she was capturing cards because she didn't tell him about it. In a lot of ways he felt hurt when she didn't tell him, but he tried to help her however he could.

"Later when Syaoran-kun came, he didn't make the best impression on Touya because when Touya saw him he was trying to take the cards from Sakura. So those two really disliked each other from the start and whenever they saw each other they would always get into glaring contests. It was actually somewhat funny watching them and you'll probably get to see it tomorrow. But back to the subject now, Touya saw that Syaoran was often with Sakura after that helping her to capture the cards and felt jealous that she trusted Syaoran-kun but not him.

"He slowly saw Syaoran-kun becoming friends with Sakura and then falling in love with Sakura. He felt that Syaoran-kun was stealing his imouto away from him and he couldn't forgive him for that even though he knew that Syaoran-kun would never intentionally hurt Sakura. But eventually he was willing to accept that Sakura liked him though he didn't like losing Sakura. For her happiness he was willing to give her up, even if he didn't like the person.

"But when Syaoran-kun left Tomoeda and returned to Hong Kong, it left Sakura very depressed and sad. Touya was upset at Syaoran-kun now for first taking his precious imouto away from him and then making her sad by leaving. So now he still doesn't like Syaoran-kun any better because he wants to be the one protecting Sakura."

"So that's why Sakura's onii-chan doesn't like Syaoran-kun. And knowing Syaoran, he doesn't like being threatened and challenged." Christian commented understanding the situation now.

Nadeshiko sighed, "Yes, but those two really shouldn't be such enemies with each other. They are so much alike in many ways. The most important thing to both of them is Sakura's happiness and protecting her happiness. They both love her and they only dislike each other because they see each other as competition."

"Yeah they are very alike. Both of them were willing to give her up for her happiness, and they both have hot tempers too. Maybe if they had a chance to talk to each other alone, they could come to understand each other and get along." Christian suggested.

"Yes, but they would never willingly talk to each other alone." Nadeshiko pointed out.

"Well then they will just have to do it unwillingly." Christian said a mischievous gleam appearing in his eyes.

Nadeshiko quirked a fine eyebrow at him before catching his intent and smiling herself and replying, "I guess we will have to get them to do it unwillingly won't we?"

"Un. For Sakura-san's happiness. If they can get along I'm sure she'll be even happier than she is now and I want to see her happy. Tomorrow would be a good time." Christian added.

"Yes, we'll have to arrange something to get them alone together tomorrow. There's no guarantee that they'll talk with each other, but it is worth a try." Nadeshiko agreed her eyes gleaming with mischief as well.