Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Dead Angels ❯ ~A Chance After All~ ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
(A/N: This part will probably be very confusing. (Damn, my ideas are way too hard to explain!) Just remember Tomoyo and Eriol's talk earlier in the fic. Other then that, well, good luck in understanding it! I am not good at explaining stuff, and it really shows in the fic. Plus, I was writing throught a block. *sigh* Well, enjoy!)
Dead Angels (part 7)
~A Chance After All


by: AniDragon
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
**********One after the other**********
Syaoran leaned his forehead on the trunk of the willow tree and let the tears fall freely down his face. He felt so helpless. He hadn't been able to help Sakura, and now he hadn't been able to help Nadeshiko. Who was next? Who'd be the next one to be torn away from him? Meilin? Eriol? Tomoyo?
He couldn't think straight. He hadn't been able to since he'd found Nadeshiko. The images of her hanging by that tree, silhouetted against the sunset, had been stuck in his mind. He tried to get his thoughts organized, even just a little bit, but his mind kept returning to that one images, almost to the brink of insanity. He even went as far as considering taking his own life, but knew it would do more harm then good. He didn't want to burden his friends with yet another death.
He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even notice at first when a gentle breeze tickled his cheek. Not until the breeze became a freezing wind, and he felt a presence.
A card.
And not just any card. One of the most powerful ones. He turned his eyes away from the bark of the tree and slowly turned, finding himself face to face with the Dark.
"What do you want?!" He demanded.
~*I want the Light that resides within you. The life, the will to live. My counterpart.*~
"What? What are you talking about?"
~*Forgive me for coming at such a time. I really had no choice. But my sister is part of your soul, and I must be reunited with her.*~
"You're sister? You mean... the Light card?"
~*Precicly. If I am not reunited with her, you're world will collapse.*~
Syaoran looked away, "Right now, I really don't care. The rest of the world can just burn in hell."
~*Tell me something, Li, Syaoran. Would you like to see your daughter again?*~
Shock crossed his face and he looked at the Dark in disbelieve, "More then anything!"
~*So you would give anything to see her again?*~
"Yes. I would."
~*Even your own life, which you have no choice but to give up, whether you want to or not?*~
"What?! Hold on a second, what do you mean by that?"
~*My sister is sleeping in your soul. To reunite with her, I must meet her there. However, there is no way you can survive that.*~
"And what if I refuse?"
~*Simple. You can't.*~

**********Posession**********

"Stop it!" Nadeshiko almost screeched, "Leave him alone, please!"
Sakura put a hand on her shoulder. Nadeshiko briefly wondered why they could touch now, while they couldn't earlier, but that soon left her mind and she hugged her mother around the waist, crying in her arms.
"Why?" She sobbed, "Why does he have to die? Why do we have to suffer so much, what did we ever do?"
"Shh..." Sakura soothed, "I know it's hard, but there's nothing we can do."
"There must be something! There must be a way! Somehow! We can't just let him die! I understand now! I know it was the Dark that made me so unhappy! She's the reason I killed myself! It's too late for me now, but there must be a way to save Otousan, at least! We can't give up until he's too far gone to save, and right now, he isn't! Please, don't give up on him!"
"Musume... Gomen nasai, but I don't think there's any way to save him."
"Don't you see? Giving up is what caused my death, do you want the same thing to cause his?"
~*Perhaps I can help.*~
At first, Nadeshiko thought it was Dark that was talking to her. But when she turned around, she saw a woman who looked almost exactly like Dark, but she was completely white, from her flowing hair, to her skin, to her dress. And she knew that this was Light. And she smiled, for she knew now that there was a chance after all.
"Light..." Sakura murmured, "Aren't you supposed to be with Syaoran?"
Light shook her head slowly.
~*I woke when I felt Dark's aura change drastically. I heard everything, and I know a way to save your father. But one of you will suffer greatly.*~
"That doesn't matter, just tell me how to do it!"
Light looked away, ~*For a reason that is beyond my comprehension, Dark and myself must join together while inside another being. What Dark doesn't know, is that this can also be done within a soul, weather it be dead or alive. Since I am awake, we can decide which soul we do this in.*~
Nadeshiko understood right away, "Use mine! If you use my soul, then I don't have to worry, since I'm already dead!"
~*It is much more complicated then that, child. Do you have any idea of the pain you will go through?*~
"If it'll save him, it'll be worth it! Please, just don't let him die!"
~*Very well,*~ She glanced at Sakura, and the card mistress smiled and nodded at her. She bent down and pulled Nadeshiko into one, final hug.
"Good luck, and say hi to your father for me."
Nadeshiko only had time to wonder about this briefly before she felt a wonderful feeling pass through her. She closed her eyes, lost in the sensation of the Light becoming a part of her. When she opened her eyes again, they were glowing white.
~*DARK!*~ She shouted, and the other card turned away from a now unconscious Syaoran. She gasped when she saw Nadeshiko.
For Nadeshiko was no longer the same. To start with, she had gained a physical form, but it was different from what she used to look like. Her hair had grown down to her feet and had turned completely white, and the blue dress she had been wearing took the appearance of a white kimono. She was hardly recognizable as either Nadeshiko or Light at a glance. But Dark recognized her.
~*Light? But how? How did you manage--*~
~*It is much too complicated to explain. I managed to possess her for a short time, so that we could be reunited.*~
~*But what about the consequences?! Did you not think of those?!*~
~*Of course I have. You see, even without wanting to, you used your powers on this child. It is your powers that killed her. So, if I use my powers to bring her back, it will rekindle the balance, while at the same time allowing us to join.*~
Dark nodded and smiled, ~*I see. I did not realize that this was possible. You have done well, sister.*~
With those words, Dark embraced the form before her. Syaoran was watching with complete confusion on his face. A bright flash forced him to close his eyes, and when he opened them again, neither Light nor Dark was there.
Only the form of his smiling daughter was in front of his eyes.
Alive.
And happy.

~The End~

(A/N: I am DONE! Finished! Fini! Owari! *does a happy dance* I was going to write an epilogue to this, but then decided against it, due to the fact that I had no ideas whatsoever for it. Anyway, sorry if this part was so short, and a bit weird, too. I had a block throughout the entire thing. Not fun. But anyway, I'm glad I'm finally done with this. It's rare that I actually finish a fic. In fact, I believe that this is just the second series that I actually finished. And now, I can finally work on some of my other fics. Feedback is welcome! Compliments are praised, constructive criticism is appreciated, and flames are used to roast marshmallows. Ja!)

~AniDragon, aka Ryu-chan~