Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ First Time I Love Forever(fanfiction contest) ❯ Chapter 6

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 6

Eriol shivered again.He rubbed his two gloved hands together and blew on them.Merciless gusts of chilly wind attacked his body but he didn't even budge from his place.He looked up again at one of the windows of the Daidouji mansion where Tomoyo was standing,brushing her long,glossy hair.She was unaware of the wistful and longing eyes of the lonesome figure amidst the white snow.

He enveloped his arms arounfd himself and shivered again.He knew what he was doing is,in Li's words,pathetic.Being a human snowman would not get him anywhere.If he's a real man,he should have knocked on the front door ages ago and told Tomoyo what he had to say.

"I'm sorry for kissing you without permission."

"I'm sorry for betraying your trust in me as a friend by falling in love with you."

And the hardest word to say.Goodbye.

He suddenly exhaled when he saw Tomoyo move towards the window.He thought he saw her eyes widen before she drew the curtains to a close.

"No..she has not forgiven me yet."He clenched his fists in frustration before his shoulders sagged dejectedly.He walked away.



Tomoyo arrived outside minutes later.She looked around,but found no one.

"Must be my imagination only."she whispered.She was about to turn around when she saw a black scarf on the ground.She kneeled down and took it.

"He was here."she whispered.



That night...

Eriol's screams of agony tore the placid silence of the night.

"My powers aren't working anymore!"exclaimed Kaho.

He banged his head on the floor repeatedly."Help me!It's killing me!!"

Ruby Moon's face was wet with tears."Hang in there,Master!"She embraced her beloved lord.

"We may need the help of Keroberos and Yue."said Spinel Sun as it shielded the others from the rampage of powers Eriol could not control anymore.

Kaho nodded and summoned Keroberos telepathically while Ruby Moon summoned Yue.

Spinel Sun shut its eyes."The beginning of the end."It all began when Eriol arrived in the house that early evening,face as white as a ghost.His body was numb with cold,and his pupils didn't look normal.As they were warming their master up,he suddenly complained of a heavy chest and shortness of breath.This led to this more painful attack.

"Just when we thought he's going to be OK."the feline whispered.For the past few days,he looked more lively and cheerful.Behind his stern-looking glasses,his azure eyes twinkled,and his lips were always twitched in a trying-hard-not-to-laugh-but-can't smile.For the first time since he moved to London,Eriol was genuinely happy.This was all thanks to Tomoyo Daidouji.

Yue and Keroberos arrived at the same time."W-What's happening?"asked the animal,staggered.

"Questions later.Help us treat Master,NOW!"ordered Ruby Moon.

The four of them united their powers to help him.After a few minutes,he calmed down and lost conciousness,but his body was still trembling from head to foot.

"Not good."murmured Yue as he touched the boy's forehead.He turned to Kaho."What happened?"

The woman looked down.




December 22

Tomoyo looked at the empty seat beside her worriedly."I wonder why he's absent."

"Ms.Daidouji!"yelled their Science teacher.

"Y-Yes Mam?"She stood up,cheeks flushed with embarassment."Eriol's going to be OK."she told herself soothingly.



Meanwhile...

He looked at the jolly Sta. Claus on TV,announcing that it's three days before christmas. It mocked his heart.Only three more days to live.

A tear dropped down his cheek.

"Master!!"Kaho exclaimed,alarmed.

"K-Kaho.."his voice dropped into a whisper."I'm scared."

"Master.."

"For the first time since my illness began,I'm scared.I don't want to die yet.I still want to apologize to Tomoyo for loving her.She doesn't want my feelings..she doesn't need them What a fool I am for hoping that she feels the same way for me too."Another tear dropped down."God,help me..I'm so scared."




December 23

Tomoyo finished the last few stitches she was making on the toy.She leaned on her desk and stared at Eriol's vacant seat sideways.

"He's absent again.There must be a problem.Hope he's not sick or something."She checked her empty classroom.Everyone but her was in the canteen,taking lunch.

"How boring lunch break is without Eriol."She sat on his seat and sighed.They used to converse here privately,exchanging school woes and cake recipes.Sometimes he would tell her about the books he had read and he then would listen attentively to her anecdotes about Sakura and Li.

Every moment they spent together was always another memory to treasure and cherish.He was a perfect boyfriend.

She blushed.What she meant was a friend who's a boy.A male companion.

"Oh Tomoyo!No use in denying it!You do like him.You really,REALLY like him."she scolded herself.She had a crush on him ever since she first met him in the corridor,but she was afraidto show her feelings because he might think she was being too aggressive.

"But he kissed me.That should count for something."she reasoned.But he has not yet said anything about it yet.In fact,he was PURPOSELY avoiding her!

She buried her face in the crook of her arms."Maybe the kiss meant nothing to him.Maybe he just regarded it as a stolen kiss and nothing more."



"What is this,Master?"asked Nakuru,staring at the giftwrapped box he was giving to her.

He chuckled a little."My christmas gift,sweet Nakuru.Now be a good girl and take it."

She eagerly unwrapped her gift and squealed when she saw a big box of chocolate.Meanwhile,Eriol turned to the cat and handed him another wrapped box."And for my clever lttle pet.."

Spinel nodded gratefully and opened it.

"Kaho.."

The woman stepped forward and dutifully held her hand out.

"You'll get your gift as soon as you do two small favors for me."he smiled mischievously.

The woman smiled tearfully.Her master looked so fragile and weak,slumped on his favorite chair,but his wit and humor was still as sharp as ever."But of coure,Master eriol."

"Get the videocamera."he ordered.


Author's note:

Next chapter shall be the finale of the fanfic,so I shall give no more preview.Meri Kurisumasu,minna-san!