Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Forever It Will Stay ❯ I'm Back ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kristy Selean: Okay, I finally finished this one!

Forever It Will Stay

Chapter 2: I'm Back

"Flight 502. Landing has been cleared. Please remove your seatbelts and exit through the front. Thank you."

Syaoran had finally made it. Back to Tokyo at last. Syaoran stepped off the plane and looked around. The airport was the same as it was when he left on it a long time ago. He hoped that he could find Sakura without too much difficulty. Syaoran stepped out of the airport and got his bags before calling a taxi. After getting into the apartment that he rented, Syaoran tracked down Sakura's aura to a college class. In order to keep from being caught, Syaoran hid in the trees near a window where he could observe Sakura for the day.

'I wonder what classes she's taking.'

~*~

The halls were filled with footsteps and bits of small talk. I sighed. It was going to be another long day. Lucky for Tomoyo that she was going to be a music major. She has an amazing voice, and I bet that music is a lot more fun than this boring stuff. Well, maybe her schedule was a bit hectic, but at least she would be bouncing out of the classroom with a tune in her head. Meanwhile, I'm stuck in modeling class. Walk this way, strut this way, turn, smile, put on an appealing pose, make sure that smile is plastered tightly. It was just so fake! After that, we have to study anatomy for goodness sake! What does anatomy have to do with modeling? I could understand health, but anatomy? Oh brother!

"Miss Kinomoto, it is now your turn."

I sighed. I hated these stupid model tests. You would have to learn how to deal with an angry manager, a skeptic crowd, pathetically revealing outfits, and managing to be all right on the stage no matter what comes your way. I'm already modeling for a job, so I thought this was pointless. Well, here I go. I walked to the back of the stage where they had the costume ready for me. I put on what was a pathetic excuse for a dress and heels that felt like I was lifting boulders with my feet before trying to do well on the stage. I felt like a mummy wrapped to silk fabric and had my feet chained down or something. It felt awful.

"Miss Kinomoto, we don't have all day."

"Coming."

Well, here goes. I plastered on another smile that would be considered perfect, only there wasn't an excuse to. Everyone loved it for some reason. I never got braces, but my teeth were always straight and white. I guess I'm luckily born with the gift of good looks unlike Touya. I decided that with these heavy shoes, I should try a different pose. Instead of walking delicately, skipping, and all the other things I've tried before, I started sliding my feet out in a new groove as our teacher called it. Luckily I had sunglasses and a scarf to match the outfit, so it fit in a sense. I leaned back my body in a relaxed mood, had a hand on my hip and used the other to lower my sunglasses, just to fit in the look. Walking off the stage was a bit harder though. After I gave my impression, I barely managed to get to the back within the time limit. The class cheered while the teacher seemed impressed.

"Wonderful, Sakura! Nobody gets by me with a perfect score on the final, but you've outdone yourself! Congratulations!"

I smiled and took a bow just to play along. Hey, modeling was acting after all. Ritane-sensei's finals are usually impossible. She knows just the way to make sure you get into a heck of a lot of trouble. I didn't even have that much trouble at the studio, but I guess they really want you to be prepared here. I changed and got off the stage ASAP and sat down. Those "shoes" were horrible! I took off my own shoes and started rubbing my feet. They were killing me, and I never wanted to see those rock shoes again!

Meanwhile, Syaoran had been watching Sakura's performance. At first, he had to contain his laughter and keep his composure when she stepped out in that ridiculous outfit. It was a billion times worse than Tomoyo's outfits she had to wear for card captures! Syaoran chuckled to himself when he remembered those days. He never agreed to wearing one of those things, and he was eternally grateful for his stubborn will. (A little side note, the void card had never happened, but the first movie did occur.) Then again, when she glided along the stage with her own style, he was impressed and awed. His eyes were glued to every move she made. It was impossible to tear away from them. When her performance was over, Syaoran was about to clap when he realized where he was.

'I guess I'd better follow her until her classes are done.'

Syaoran followed the unaware Sakura throughout her classes, including anatomy. It was particularly in that class in which he fell asleep. Luckily he managed to catch a glimpse of Sakura walking out the door of the school with Tomoyo by her side.

"I heard anatomy was boring."

"Yep. I could have sworn the whole class fell asleep."

"Including you, Sakura?"

"You bet. Hey, those ridiculously heavy platform shoes for the modeling finals were killing me!"

Tomoyo and Sakura giggled while talking about the rest of their classes and the events that took place that day, when Sakura paused. She had felt something... strange. It usually wasn't like her to feel some sort of vibrating sensation in her head.

'Didn't Kero-chan say that that's how Clow used to sense other people's aura? Then... It can't be... Oh, please, don't let it be...'

Tomoyo gasped as Sakura grimaced while turning to face someone that she had expected... He seemed awfully cheerful today. He still had his ruffled hair and the same deep eyes, but his height and his build have definitely changed over the years. Still, it was not a pleasing sight to Sakura.

"Syaoran..."

"Glad to see that you've recognized me, Sakura."

Tomoyo wanted to say hello and be friendly, but what about Sakura? What about Sakura? She was freaking out completely. Tomoyo turned her worried expressions from Syaoran to Sakura as Sakura's eyes were shadowed. Syaoran walked up closer to offer to carry her books when Sakura started to lash out.

"No! Go away!"

"Sakura..."

"Don't come near me!"

"I don't understand you. What did I do to deserve this?"

"Sakura, can't you liste-"

"Don't tell me what to do, Tomoyo."

Sakura gave her best friend an icy glare, and Tomoyo recoiled, shuddering at the look on her innocent friend's face. It was a horrendous sight. The kind, caring, gentle, and carefree card captor was a wreck because of one thing, or one person, rather.

"Why, Sakura? Why do you hate me so much?"

"Don't you know? You left me alone!"

Syaoran stared wide-eyed in shock at the figure before him. What had happened to her? Did his going away truly affect her in this way?