Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Icy World ❯ The New Arrival ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Sorry for ditching my fanfics for so long. Here's chapter 6

Sakura, Tomoyo, Syaoran, etc. are 15. Touya, Yukito, Kaho are 22-23. Fujitaka, Sonomi, Yelan, etc. are about young 30s

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A New Arrival

Sinking in deeper and deeper into the black hole of his fading memory, his chestnut hair whips his face. "Where the hell am I? What is this bizarre feeling?" Syaoran shouts over the roaring wind. Looking down, he saw an opening, and with a great flash of bright light, his blurs vision.

^^^THUMP. "Ouch…. that was defiantly not a soft landing." grumbled Syaoran, as he stood up rubbing his rear end. Looking around, there was a marble fountain with crystal droplets jumping out. There were rows and columns of peony and sakura trees that are in blossom. The spring air fills his lungs as he took a deep breath of the seasonal scent. A giant ancient building stood in front of him. The roof was made of polished jade; the post and frames were made of fine cherry wood. Window and door screens were made of rich beige silk. Walking up to the balcony, he strains his eyes to look through the screen.

A little boy with brown hair was sitting on a young man's lap. A dark shadow overcast the man's face and the little boy looked up.

"Baba, dim gi nay, Mama, tong my ga ge haum? Dim gi di bak tou fat yune ley wen nay?" ("Father, why are you, Mother, and my sisters crying? Why are the white hair people come to find you?") little Syaoran asked his father.

Smiling down to his son with a crestfallen expression, Ryuku said with a hoarse voice, "Su Long, nay da go nay yu gua tong my yu hok ho di mo gon, nay ghi ma? Baba mum wu ha do, nay da go gou jun sei. Baba yu hu wen di ye hia ye gou dia fong…. yue gou nog wen mum dou, hou lun nay…" ("Xiao Lang/Syaoran, when you grow up you have to be good and you need to learn all the martial arts, okay? Father would not be here, at the time you grow up. Father has to look for something in a place…. If I can't find it, then you…")^^^ (A/N: IT'S CHINESE/CANTONESE! ^_^)

Syaoran snapped out of his memory as the loud chimes of the grandfather clock rang through his room. Reading the hands on the clock with tired eyes, he saw that it was half past 6. Then a clicking sound came from the glass window. Outside he saw a pair of red ruby eyes. (A/N: Ehh? I didn't put that in! ?_?) Swinging open the marble framed windows, a dark violet raven flew into his room circling the area that it was in and then settled itself on Syaoran's shoulder. Rubbing its head on Syaoran's cheek, it cooed.

With a mask of surprise, he croaked out, "Meilin…"

With a flap, the raven flew to the floor and transformed. A female with dark black hair wearing it in buns, a smooth red cloak was around her fighting outfit. With a cheery smile and twinkling eye, she squealed and wrapped her arms around Syaoran/cousin.

(M. Star: no, I am soooo not gonna make Syaoran Meilin's fiancée.

Meilin: Waaaaa….. Why not? We're meant to be!

Syaoran: sweat heavily at the overreacting Meilin.

Meilin: *fiery eyes* grrr…… you are soooo gonna pay for that you witch!

M. Star: *gulps* uhh….. Meilin why don't you calm down?

Meilin: I WOULD IF YOU CHANGE THE LINES! OR ELSE, DIE!!!

M. Star: *Chuckles* if you kill me, then who would finish the story?

Syaoran: Umm…why don't we go back to the story?

M. Star: *starry eyes* Of course! Anything you say Syao-chan! Sorry for the interruption! Back to the fic!)

"Meil-Meilin what are you doing here? It's really dangerous with all the snowstorms. You should go home. Aunt must be worried sick and the elders must be franticly searching. They can't have the next nature mage disappear in mid-training! You know what would happen if you get hurt, or worse killed." Syaoran lectured.

Pouting, Meilin said in a hurt tone "Sniff, what? I came all the way to find you and you reject my visit? Can't I visit my own cousin at my will? You don't know how much Aunt Yelan missed you, and myself of course. Plus, I'm here to deliver a message since I had nothing to do at home and volunteered." Handing to him a white silk scroll with a Li insignia tied to the ribbon.

Tearing away the ribbon with assured hands, he un-rolled it and read:

Dearest Son,

How are you? Your sisters and I have missed you greatly, even though you only left us for a week. Have you recovered the Amamiya jewel yet? The elders are expecting you to retrieve it and bring it back to our ownership. Have you been well? Do you need assistance with your search? I know that you don't but just in case, Meilin has greatly accepted the role. Do keep safe and be well. Remember my little wolf, bring home the honor and pride that your father have brought once.

Your loving mother always,

Li Yelan

PS. Your sisters wish you the greatest in your mission

PPS. Stay away from strangers.

PPPS. Come home soon, your sisters and the elders miss their king greatly

With a big sigh, he plopped down onto his bed. Frustrated, the puts his head into his hands. Meilin walked over to her cousin and patted his back sympathetically. "Don't worry, if you need help, I would always be here for you."

"It's not that…. Its just…" Looking up with worn out eyes, he continued, "I have neglected my duties to my family. I have not been looking for the jewel for the past week. All I have been doing is admiring this place and…"

"By the way… How come you're in this humongous palace anyways? Aren't you supposed to be out somewhere in the city hotel or something? Plus, how come you are living in such a pleasurable room?" she interrupted.

"Ahh…. Well, you see…. I was…" Syaoran looked away, as if he was blushing.

Jumping to his other side, facing him, she saw a dark red blush that lies on his cheeks. With a foxy grin, she began to tease. "Ohh…. Did Syaoran get kicked in here and is never to get out? Did strangers catch our little wolf? How sad…" Meilin said, like if she was mocking him.

Scowling, he dragged his cousin near the balcony. Leaving a very confused and puzzled Meilin, he walked to the desk and scribbled something on the sheet of ceramic color. Browsing around for the string, he saw Meilin out of the corner of his keen eyes. She was twiddling with her thumbs with an innocent look of not wanting to leave. Then almost shoving the paper into her face, he looked at her with wistful eyes.

"Here, bring this home the mother and then DON'T and I mean DON'T ever come here again. It's a dangerous place for you to be." Syaoran said pointing at her.

Tying it to her wrist, Meilin looked at Syaoran with sad rubies. Catching Syaoran off guard, she embraces him hardly. Returning from the shock, he wraps his arms with uncertainty around his cousin. Taking a step back near the end of the balcony, she transformed into her distorted form of a raven. Petting her one last time, she whisked out of the room.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Sitting in her room, Tomoyo cried her heart out. Then without notice, her mother came in to her room. "Tomoyo-chan, what's wrong? Why are you ignoring my calls for you to dinner?" Sonomi placed a gentle hand on her daughter's shoulder.

Lifting her head to face her mother, she saw a worried face. Sonomi gasps at the sight of red blotchy eyes and tear stained cheeks. Drawing her daughter close to her, she said in a soothing voice, "Tomoyo-chan, it's alright. It's okay, moms here. Shh…. Don't cry, you're going to be okay." Taking out a handkerchief, she wiped the teary eyes. Then Sonomi pulled at the bell rope for a maid. Naoko came in and went to Tomoyo's aid.

"What's the matter Daidouji-san? Why is Tomoyo-chan crying?"

"Naoko, please tell Fujitaka-san that Tomoyo will not be attending dinner. Then go to the kitchen and bring some chicken soup and rice for Tomoyo's dinner." Sonomi said without looking up.

Rushing out of the door, Naoko did as she was told. Takashi went to get Syaoran down for dinner. Many maids were running up and down the halls to call the Mistress and Masters to dinner. (A/N: really odd, don't you think?)

After Naoko brought up Tomoyo's supper, Sonomi patted her daughter's head and left her in her own thoughts.

Downstairs in the dinning hall

As everyone sat down, Sakura noticed something odd. Carefully, she pushed out her chi around the room and to the palace grounds and felt something was missing.

Clearing her throat to get everyone's attention, she excused herself from the table.

Walking out into the darkness of the palace garden, she took a deep breath of the cool fresh air. Looking up, the black sky was veiled by a mist. (Sighs…. I wish I could see the stars… they always tell me what's missing. Mother, wherever you are, please give the strength for me to carry on the faithful duty passed on by you. Because I don't think that I can manage alone.)

Running to the water fountain and the rose garden, she looked around and saw nothing. Suddenly out of the shadows near the rosebush, there was a pair of red evil eyes looking at her direction. "Release!" Summoning her staff, she quickly to the rosebush. Reaching there, there was nothing but white sand and black soil.

(I must be worrying too much these days. Maybe a little vacation could help me relax a bit.) Shaking her head to clear her mind, she walked back in.

On the high branches of a great oak tree, a dark mysterious figure with red gleaming eyes watched Sakura as she entered her house.

"Don't worry, dear princess. You will know me soon enough, but not now. Sadly, you would have to join your mother before you can even know me!" with an evil cackle, the figure vanished into the darkness.

Up stairs on the bedroom floor

Walking closer to the curtains, she looked into the lighted city. Heaving herself to a cushioned bench, she sat down and remembered what happened only a few hours ago.

^^^"So Tomoyo-san, what is wrong? You seem to be spacing off very often these days."

"Eriol-kun, I…." as if she can't look into his eyes, she stopped.

"Continue." Eriol urged.

"I have a confession to make. It's just that I…" Tomoyo squeezed her handkerchief and kept her eyes shut. Taking a deep breath, she looked straight into his eyes.

"I like you, Hiiragizawa-kun."

Eriol, sat with a composed face, and did not reply abruptly. Taking a deep breath he said, "Tomoyo-san…. I don't know if I could answer you… right away." Glancing up at Tomoyo, he saw tears welled up in her purple orbs. She quickly and hastily wiped them away with her handkerchief and mumbled an apology to Eriol. Then she fled from the room and to her room.^^^

"Why? Why? Why Hiiragizawa Eriol, am I not good enough for you? Or are you just afraid? If you are, then what are you afraid of? Tell me… I can help; I can lend a helping hand. Just tell me why." then feeling a bit dizzy, she tried walking back to her bed. Swaying back and fro, her vision hazes. Then feeling her knees giving away and her eye lids droops, she plummeted to the carpeted floor.

"Why…" Tomoyo said with a soft whisper before falling into deep dreamless sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Otou-san, I've been feeling a bit tensed up after all these long shifts. Would you let me have a rest by spending about two weeks up in the mountains with onii-chan and onee-san? Tomoyo-chan said she wanted to have a look too, so could she come as well, Sonomi-san?" Sakura asked eagerly.

"Sighs, I'm not so sure… But only if another can go, then I might." He glanced around the table.

"Maybe Eriol-kun can come, right Eriol-kun?" she said with puppy eyes.

"Eh… Sakura-san, if you might have forgotten, I uh…" looking sideways at Syaoran and clearing his throat, gave the clue to Sakura that he can't come.

Without success, she excused herself once more and went up to talk to Tomoyo. Syaoran sat there, keeping thoughts to himself. (Mountains? How can there be mountains in this kind of terrain?) The chains of thoughts were cut off when he heard his name. Peering over his bangs, he saw Fujitaka looking at him.

"Li-san, would you like to go…. What I mean is, I would like you to explore around town. Ever since you've been here, you most likely didn't do anything rash and stayed cooped up in the guest room for a while. So do you consider this?" Fujitaka said with a warm smile.

"Uh…Okay," he said with a little hesitation in his voice. "So when will we be leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning the latest." Touya stated.

"Touya, don't you think that is a bit too early? I mean, he is our guest…" Kaho protested.

"If the gaki can't make it, the better for Sakura and me…" Touya murmured under his breath that only Yukito could hear. (A/N: no duh, he's right next to him!)

"My, why are you so quiet Sonomi-san? You look upset, what's wrong?" Kaho asked with concern.

Leaning over, Sonomi whispered something in Kaho's ear and then Kaho nodded. Giving a peck on her husband's cheek, she and Sonomi excused themselves to their rooms.

Closing the door quietly, they walked up the stairs. Sonomi walked up to her daughter's room and opened the door quietly. Outside, Kaho heard a gasp of shock and went in quickly. Seeing Sonomi next to Tomoyo on the floor, she rushed to their side.

"What's wrong? Tomoyo wake up…" She shook her daughter gently. "Kaho-san, please check if she's alright. She's got to be… she's the only one I got left." Tears streamed down her cheeks.

Taking Tomoyo's left hand, Kaho checked her pulse. It was weak but still alive. Then her heartbeat and her forehead. Sighing in relief, she and Sonomi was able to carry Tomoyo into her bed. "Sonomi, I think all Tomoyo-chan needs is a good rest and break. Maybe you should consider letting her come with Touya and I to the mountains. It would help her clear her mind with some clearer air."

As if taken aback, she asked unsurely, "But won't it bother you and Touya? I mean, it would be a handful to take care of three teens in such a big place. Wouldn't it disturb your privacy?"

Shaking her head, Kaho said jokingly, "No, it won't be a problem…. Unless they start having a fight with magic… then otherwise I could handle."

"Then I suppose I have no other choice but to let her because she would follow Sakura just to capture every moment for her to wear the costumes. I wonder where she even have such talents… she should leave all this to the tailors. But then again, she ought to be perfect with such a wonderful father…" Sonomi rambled on.

"Sonomi-san, lets leave her to rest. I'll send some maids to pack her stuff and maybe Sakura could wake her up in the morning."

Next Morning

RINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG…

"Ugh…. What time is it?" Glancing at the bed stand, she saw it was 6 o'clock in the morning. Turning over to her other side, she saw the sky was still dark. Yawning widely, she slipped out of bed and to the bathroom. Looking into the mirror, she saw her red-auburn hair was loose from the tight French braid that she made last night.

Touya moved towards the edge of the bed and muttered, "What the hell?" Opening his eyes slowly, he was nearly falling off the bed. Franticly he reached for something to hold onto, but fell from all the moving.

THUD. "Seems like someone is finally awake." Said a cheery voice. Standing up, with the blankets and all, he saw Kaho leaning on the bathroom door fully dress. Walking over, he entered the bathroom as Kaho went to the balcony.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Standing outside of her balcony, she waited for the sun to rise from the dark fluffy clouds. A click was heard as Rika entered her room.

"Morning Sakura-chan."

"…" Sakura looked as if she's in trance.

"Sakura? Hello Winter Gaia to Sakura." Rika waved her hand in front of her face.

"Hoe?" Sakura said dumbfound. Swerving around she saw her friend waving her hand. "O-Oh morning Rika…. Sorry if I wasn't paying attention. I kinda spaced off." She replied sheepishly.

Understanding her friend, she asked, "Can't sleep?"

"Yeah… Same nightmare. I didn't have the heart to wake the maids up just for lifting the stress out."

"So, what are you going to do? You can't always keep it to yourself… it could end up causing more stress. Maybe you would want to talk?" Rika inquired.

"Maybe later, I have to get ready for the trip. Would you mind to wake up Tomoyo?"

"No problem."

As Rika was about to step through the door, she heard Sakura whisper, "Mother…"

Walking out of the bathroom chamber, she went to find her brother. When she saw Kaho walking out her bedroom, she stopped dead in her tracks. (Wait…. Where's onii-chan? Don't they usually come out together? Where's onee-san going?) Seeing her brother come out of his room, she put aside her suspicion. "So when do we leave for the mountains? After breakfast or right now?"

Looking down at his sister, he said, "Maybe after breakfast because I don't think that that gaki is awake. Would you be a good kaijou and go wake him up instead of sending the maids?" Flashing her a sly grin, he descend down the stairs.

Sakura stood there gaping at what her brother just said, and then stomped towards the left wing. "Mou, why do I always have to do these things? Boys are so mean." Fuming, she stopped in front of the guest room door. Swinging the door open without even bothering to knock, she saw Syaoran half dress with only a pair of green jeans and no top.

Turning around, after hearing the door open, he shouted. "What the hell? Don't you even know how to knock?!" Quickly throwing on a t-shirt, he faces Sakura with a look of an explanation.

Blushing at what just had happen, she quickly said, "Hurry up. We would be leaving after breakfast," Actually it came out to be more like "Hurypwebleavinaterbrekfat" As Sakura speeds out of room; Syaoran just looked annoyed and was trying to decipher what she just said. "Never mind, might as well as to bring down the luggage." Looking at the pile, he sweat-dropped. "Then again, maybe later."

"Onii-chan is soooo mean. O-Oh, I can't wait till I get my hands on his neck!" Twisting her handkerchief as if it was his neck. Not watching where she was stepping, she lost footing on the stairs. Panicking, she hopelessly grabs at the railing but slips. Giving a big EKK, Sakura waves her airs aimlessly in thin air. Quenching her eyes tight for a painful fall, a strong pair of hands grabbed hold of her's. Looking up, she saw Syaoran trying to pull her up. Without success, both tumbles down the three flights of stairs.

THUMP THUM THUD!

Groaning, Sakura opens her eyes just to meet a pair of warm amber. Eyes widening in shock, she tried to get off, but only to be pulled down. Syaoran was holding onto her waist, and their foreheads were touching. Footsteps were rushing towards the stairs, then as they both looked up. They saw maids, servant, and the family. Gasps ran through the crowd, Touya was furious of the state that they are in, Kaho and Yukito trying to hold him down, Tomoyo recording away with the lavender camcorder, and Fujitaka and Eriol were hiding their amusement.

"Hoeeeeee/Ehhehe…." Both said in unison.

Touya exploded, "What the bloody hell are you doing with my sister, you gaki?!!!! Get the fucking hell away from her!!" Rushing into the scene, Kaho tiredly drags Touya to the study to give him a good yell.

"Ugh, get your hands off me!" Wrestling out of his hands, Sakura squirmed and then punched Syaoran on the chest because he wasn't loosening his grip. (A/N: O.O) Snapping to reality, after from being dazed, Syaoran drops his hands as if she were a hot piece of metal.

Clearing her throat, the employees took it as a dismissal and went to work. "I suppose you all would like an explanation, ne? I would be glad to explain it to you after breakfast." Sakura said chin high in the air, while Syaoran blushes lightly.

A/N: There, one of the stories I owe to you readers. Two more to go! And if you don't review, I am soooo gonna come and haunt you! SO JUST CLICK THE PRETTY VIOLET PURPLE BUTTON ON THE BOTTOM!