Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ ignorance was bliss ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note - This chapter has not been beta-read, and is a rough, I mean like burlap sack, rough. Once more people read it, I may edit and improve on it. Reviews would be mighty helpful. ^-^;



"So! Whose ready for some tea and snacks!" Fujitaka said, cheerfully, as he began stacking the dishes in the sink. He took a fatherly stance, with his hands and his hips, "I hope you don't forget it's your night to do the dishes, just because you bought your friend over..."
His tone was scolding, but it was soft and gentle. Sakura was relieved by it... her father always knew what was wrong and how to make her feel better. And right now, all she needed was distraction from the pair sititng across from her.
In another section of the house, poor neglected Kero-chan fluttered in the lonely hallway, with tears brimming his dot-like eyes. 'I want snacks!!... HOY, that chinese gaki gets snacks and I don't?! How could you Sakura!' And the yellow creature sadly lowered his head, and slowly drifted back up to Sakura's room to sulk. 'She better save me some...'

*-*-*-*

Syaoran and Touya were still glaring at each other... It was as though the two were frozen in time, while the rest of life continued.
"Anno, Sakura-chan...?" Yukito piped up. He thought it might be a good time to try and have a word with her, some idle chit-chat. He had to ensure that their relationship didn't crumble to nothingness, as his fears would predict.
However, he surely didn't expect that Sakura would shoot up dead-bolt in her seat, as if she'd seen a ghost. Her mouth moved for several moments without anything coming out, and eventually her voice resurrected, "... hai, Yukito-san?"
"Did you have fun with your friends after school?" He smiled warmly, which would often put Sakura in stitches but right now, she felt awfully ill. Frankly, she regretted eating anything at all. Her mind was branching out, searching for her resources of strength within her... and apparently her hand felt to do the same without her permission, and entwined itself with Syaoran's.

*-*-*-*

Touya studied his adversary. He wanted to kill him. 'Twice, if I could manga it.' ... Twice if he could manage it. Although, funnily, the glare broke, and snapped Touya back to reality. Both his sister, and the chinese gaki were sitting dead bolt upright... Sakura was blanched, and Syaoran face was heating up in geometric proportions.
"And just WHAT are you thinking about?!" Touya stood up suddenly, almost knocking the table over, slamming his hands - palms down - onto the table, shaking off some innocent pedestrian silverware.
"W-wha-wha..." Syaoran was still in a state of shock, as his entire being was now lost in the enclosed hand... every thought, feeling, and nerve, was now from the wrist down.
"'niichan! How rude!" Now Sakura's face was starting to turn red, for different reasons.
"Touya-kun, maybe you should calm down a bit..." Yukito started to reach for him, to calm him, but then saw the look in Sakura's eyes. Her emerald eyes flickered, and she was taken back and pressed back to her seat. He whispered softly beneath his breath, "Sakura-chan..."
But she wasn't there. There was the faint utterance in the air, "...may-I-be-excused-thank-you..."

*-*-*-*

Syaoran looked at his hand. 'I will never wash this hand again.'
And then logic hit him. '... well, I will, if I got it really dirty -- HEY!... what the hell just happened?' He was half way up out of his seat, his head swishing back and forth as his eyes darted from one side of the room to the other.
"Syaoran-kun, please, take a seat... Sakura is probably just off to the bathroom to freshen up a bit..." Her father pointed out as he set a decorative plate of cookies, biscuits, cheese, and crackers on the table. Really, it looked more like a gourmet center piece. "Touya... could you get the tea?"
"For THIS GAKI!?" Fujitaka just looked at him. He was a gentle man, their father. Not one of many words, but when he said them, they had a profound effect on an individual. Well, okay, just on his kids. "... fine. But don't you go getting any more funny ideas just because I'm letting you sit next to my sister, you got me?! If you try anything - ANYTHING --!"
"Anno, Touya-kun. I'll watch him for you," Yukito sweat-dropped, and scratched the back of his head, with a little nod to Syaoran.
The younger boy, his hair thoroughly tossled now, eased back down into his seat. There was a soft pink hue on his features, embaressed under the welcoming gaze of Mr. Kinomoto and the gentle gaze of Yukito. Syaoran couldn't help but envision Yue when he looked at Yukito, although he knew that the two had little if anything in common other than their physical being. But right now, he felt more fortunate that Yukito had little if anything in common with his... '*gulp*... significant other.'

*-*-*-*

As Syaoran held his tea cup in both hands, enjoying the warmth eminating, he had a few brief seconds to himself. He hadn't quite decided what to think of Yukito and Touya. He honestly couldn't judge. At least it was a two-way love affair.
'Affair?!' ... he nearly dropped his tea cup, and to recover, he gulped down the whole thing. Settling his nerves as well as he could, with his shaky hands setting the cup down, and putting on a huge stupid grin.
".... what. Are. You. Thinking," Sakura's elder brother was grinding a biscuit between his teeth, crumbs sputtering over the front of his shirt, as he cracked his knuckles under the table.
"I-i... was just wondering.... where-Sakura-is!" he quickly shot out. Bad idea.
"Thinking about. MY sister... were you?..." Touya's voice took an unsettling calm nature. His eyes were downcast, and a very peculiar aura seemed to come from him. The fact that he was emitting any aura at all worried Syaoran to no end, till he was backed up in his seat with his toes ground into the floor.
'Didn't... he... give all his power to Yue???... then how can he... I'm a dead man...' Syaoran rarely admitted fear in or of anything. But this guy's bloody out of his mind.
"Oh here comes my little girl..." The girl walking into the room had all eyes on her. This was the last thing she wanted.

*-*-*-*

In the bathroom, Sakura had paced back and forth, wringing her hands anxiously, rustling with her hair, waving her hands madly in the air... She even grabbed a towel and screamed into it. When she worked out all of her frustrations on manic gestures and inanimate fluffy objects, she sulked and slouched onto a lidded toilet.
She was still trying to figure out what it was she saw. There were rumors from the older kids... the older students got to see videos in science, that sent them talking for days upon days. Their teacher, Syaoran's and Sakura's, told them that they shouldn't rely on other students for that kind of information, and they should just wait till it's time for them to know about those things.
'Those things? Well whatever the heck they are, now would be a good time to know, I would say.' Sakura cupped her face in her hands, as she shook her head. Then she nearly hit the roof when her mind went into hyper-warp, and suddenly images of herself and Syaoran in a similar... disposition started flying into her head.
'Why do I feel so warm... and why... oh my god oh my god!!!' Her mind screamed as she tried to flush her face with cold water, to stop the redness. After that panic attack was over she slowly slumped down to the floor, her hands lingering in the sink, and her head resting against the side of it.
'... why do things have to change.'