Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Keep Your Head Down ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: Bzzt-Cardcap-Bzzt-ukra-Bzz-tt-does-Bzzt-b-el-Bzzt-to-BZzzt-me. *gets attacked by lawyers* Cardcaptor Sakura does not belong to me…! *lawyers stop attacking* Hmph.

Summary: Since the birth of the Sakura Cards, the world is finally at peace, and the small town of Tomodea is no longer plagued by strange spirits of the unknown. But, the disaster is about to start again, for Sakura cannot keep them under control...What will happen now?

Keep Your Head Down

~Semmerie

It hit her straight on, the impact pushing her backwards, and all the water carried her forwards-gushing out of Sakura's window.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!"

Firey toppled headfirst onto the hard ground below.

Watery smiled at her accomplishment. Leaning out of the window, she looked at Firey's flailing form…falling…falling…going to fall, going to fall…

Twinge of guilt there, but never mind that.

Going to fall…falling…flailing, toppling, almost there…

Suddenly, a fierce gust of wind snaked out of the window. Watery blinked. What was that?

Firey braced herself for the impact of the fall, and closed her eyes…but then her landed of soft ground…like a squishy marshmallow. Could it be?

She opened her eyes and looked down.

"Windy! Thanks so much!"

Windy nodded her head with acknowledgement and she swooped up, Firey nestled on a puff of air behind her, and dumped her unceremoniously onto the floor in Sakura's bedroom.

…And gave a half-hearted glare at Watery.

Sitting down on the window, Windy sighed in exasperation, and before long, her soft melodious voice rang through the air.

"Didn't I tell you not to cause any magical or bodily harm to the other cards?"

Watery nodded and bit her lip.

"Didn't I tell you not to play around when we are out of our cards?"

Watery nodded again.

"Didn't I tell you not to be irritating to all of the cards, including me, on a regular basis?"

Watery nodded slowly.

Windy's voice had already taken on a sharp edge, and when she continued, it only became deadlier.

"What did I tell you to do when you accidentally, coincidentally, or deliberately cause trouble to the other cards?"

Watery raised her head sullenly.

"I'm so sorry, Firey, for being my untidy and selfish self, and for pushing you out of the window like that. I'm so glad that you are not hurt…please, please-for-give---me?"

Firey looked absolutely unconvinced. Windy wiggled a perfectly manicured eyebrow at Watery.

Watery put on an absolutely dazzling smile of innocence, and looked at Firey pleadingly.

"Puh-lease?"

Firey sighed.

"Oh, alright…"

She promptly got splashed in the face with water.

Watery giggled and flipped her hair over her head, eyes sparkling with mirth.

"That was a testing drive."

Firey (and Windy) felt like clobbering her.

"GET BACK HERE YOU IRRITATING FREAK!"

Watery just smiled and swept away, leaving only a puddle of water where she had last been standing.

Meanwhile…

"Wow, did you see that amazing stunt that Firey pulled just now?"

"Erm, I don't think that that incident was intentional."

"I mean, she just fell out of the window and everything."

"But Watery did push her out of the window--"

"She could have been seen, and we could have been discovered! Thank God Windy saved her, or else…"

The cards gasped in shock and burst into chatters of excitement.

"What would happen then? I mean, we could be like gods. People will worship us, we'll get to have anything we want, and *squeal* I could get that fabulous blue top from that shop that Sakura passed by last week!"

"In your dreams, bimbo. The day we would ever be treated like gods will be when almighty pink sheep of doom fall from the sky!"

Mirror, the ever-conventional one, tried to reason.

"She didn't get discovered, and anyway, Watery pushed her, and there is not such thing as pink sheep of doom. Now let's just all forget about this crazy conversation and--"

"Oh, shut up, Mirror. No offense, but we are expressing opinions here!"

Mirror huffed and restrained from trying to slap Bubble in the face. The dialogue continued, but it stopped after a while anyway. The whole room turned quiet.

Everyone turned their heads just in time to hear a distant rumble from not too far away.

===================================================================== < p>

Don't worry, Watery and Firey are not causing some ultimate world disaster. Not at the moment. They are just … playing.

"Will-you-ever-shut-up?!" Watery was mad, really really mad.

Firey smirked proudly and bared her wolf like canines, making her look particularly sinister. "How was I supposed to know that my dear little tormentor could not stand just a teensy pinch of nonsense talk when she does that all the time to me?" Watery blushed momentarily, but soon embarrassment gave way to mild irritation.

"I do not talk nonsense! Anyway, I'm not as patient as you!" she snapped and tried to grab hold of Firey, but she was much too fast.

"Well that's a good thing. Of course, I am quite a few good months, no, almost a year older than you, so that's expected of me." Firey retorted, grinning.

"Well, I can show you how immature I am!" Watery shouted childishly. "I wanna challenge you…to a match! A real smash-boom-bang match!" She pouted cutely. Firey looked desperately like she wanted accept the offer, but then thought about how angry their Mistress would be.

To accept or not, accept…or not…

Her face took on a pained look. But then, Watery ended the debate with a few words. "Chicken, aren't you? Don't want to show how immature you are, big grown up?" She waggled a finger and stuck out her tongue, laughing impishly. That took the last straw.

To heck with Mistress Sakura!

"Of course I will accept!" Her hands moving to fast to see with the naked eye, she grabbed Watery's slender wrist in a vice-like grip, making her wince in shock. "Not too eager please, it will start soon…just don't take it out on my hand!" Watery tried to pry her fingers off, but to no avail.

Firey's eyes glowed like burning coal. "The match will start now. Agreed?" Watery nodded. "Agreed." She snatched her hand away, rubbing it furiously. "Didn't Clow-sama teach you to use brute force only when necessary?" "Whatever." And with that, the match began.

Firey and Watery released their first attacks. As Watery avoided her fast moving fire blasts, Firey retreated towards the far wall and smirked. "The fun is just starting."

===================================================================== < p>

The rest of the clow cards sweat-dropped.

"THEY'RE FIGHTING AGAIN!?"

===================================================================== < p>

"OW-WOW-OW!" Watery shrieked as a fire blast went right through her arm. "That hurt!" She shouted, switching to offensive and pummeling a sudden stream of icy-cold water back to Firey.

"Well, I didn't say that you wouldn't get hurt…" Firey muttered. She barely dodged the attack in time. "Watch it!"

Watery's second attack hit its mark. Firey got thoroughly drenched.

"Why you little brat!" Firey began to give chase.

===================================================================== < p>

The Sakura cards watched wide-eyed at the spectacular battle unfolding before their eyes. The two elementals seemed to move with ethereal grace…

"Wow! That dive was amazing!"

But then, the two battling clow cards started heading towards the audience.

"My God…GET OUT OF THE WAY EVERYBODY!"

All the cards ducked, flew, and jumped into safety, avoiding many fire/water attacks, as they steadily drew nearer, bringing destruction in their path.

To Be Continued.

===================================================================== < p>

Semmerie: Yare, this is short…and a bit boring. The plot really starts to unfold in the next chapter, don't worry. It's just…the story is just moving quite slowly. Did you like it, though? Please say you do. *begs*

Suppi: It's the author's problem, not the ficlet's. Stop blaming non-living objects for your utter laziness!

Semmerie: o_O Erm…*blushes* Oh, darn you. Why did I even bother hiring you when all you can say now are bad things?! Desperate situations need desperate measures. *stuffs Suppi with candies* ^-^ Please Review.

Suppi: Ugh…@_@ *drunk* Puh-lease Reveeiw, Laddees and GentilMan! *dances the tango with a clothes hanger*

Semmerie: My word. You do dance the tango nicely Suppi. Did you take lessons?

*curtain tumbles down*