Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Night Sky ❯ Lights, Camera, Action ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Night Sky

Chapter Ten

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS. It belongs to Clamp. Please don't copy or steal this fic!

Selene: Yippee! Chapter ten already!

Testament: And there was much rejoicing…Yay…

Selene: Hey, you should be excited. This is one of the first fanfics you were ever in!

Testament: Yes, and I was put in the stinking hellhole.

Selene: You have no appreciation my friend…

~Chapter Ten~

"So did Meling make it home safely?" Sakura asked when Syaoran had entered the classroom that morning.

"Yeah, she called me last night when she got home." Syaoran nodded.

"I'm so glad you finally proposed Syaoran!" Tomoyo squealed with delight, which caused Syaoran to blush. "Have you set a date?"

"Not a specific one. We're going to wait until we're both out of high school at least." Syaoran replied.

"Um, Sakura?" Eriol said, from the window of the classroom. "Isn't that Celia down there?"

"What!?" Sakura cried and ran to the window. Sure enough Celia was down at the fence between their school, and Yukito and Touya's school. Sakura hurried out of the classroom and went to her. "Celia, what are you doing here?"

"I was bored…" Celia complained.

"Celia, you know better." Sakura sighed. "The day has barely started and you're bored already?"

"Sakura? Celia?" Yukito blinked and walked over to them on the other side of the fence. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Oh, Yukito." Sakura sweatdropped. "Um…I just saw Celia out here and I came to see why she was here. Turns out she was looking for Syaoran…" She lied.

"Ah." Yukito said as he knelt down so he was at Celia's level. "Why did you want Syaoran?" He wondered. "Is something wrong?"

"No." Celia shook her head.

She was about to continue but was interrupted. "Touya! Their perfect aren't they!?" A voice squealed from behind Yukito. The three looked back and saw Touya and Nakuru approaching them.

"Perfect for what?" Touya asked.

"The movie silly!" Nakuru replied. "We already cast Yukito as the lead, but we still need his co-stars. Sakura and Celia look perfect for the parts." She grinned.

"I don't know Nakuru…" Touya looked at her

"Please Touya!?" She pouted.

"I don't think it's a bad idea Touya. I'd be more comfortable playing next to people I know anyways." Yukito said with a smile. "And Sakura is a great actress."

Touya sighed; he knew that his argument was a lost cause. "Fine...as long as Sakura and Celia agree to it."

"Yeah!" Celia jumped up and down.

"Sure." Sakura nodded. "That sounds like fun."

"Well there now. Rehearsals start tomorrow afternoon. Come to this address." Nakuru handed Sakura a slip of paper with an address scribbled on it.

"Okay. We'll be there." Sakura nodded.

***

"I'm his what!?" Sakura gasped at Nakuru's words.

"Oh, you didn't know?" Nakuru feigned innocence. "Well you'll be playing the part of Yukito's wife, and Celia will be your daughter." She then handed a couple outfits to both girls. "Here are your costumes. Get dressed and the makeup girls will be here soon." She a giggle Nakuru left a very bewildered Sakura and an amused Celia behind.

"This is so embarrassing." Sakura sighed and blushed.

"It's not so bad mama." Celia smiled.

"Of course it is! I've only had a crush on Yukito for years. Not to mention…well Yue's there too." Thinking of Yue seemed to make her blush even more.

"Don't worry. It's all just pretend isn't it?" Celia smiled, starting to get undressed.

"Right. Pretend."

***

"Our child is dying in there and you won't so much as glance at her! What kind of mother are you!?" Yukito said his line to Sakura as they stood up on the balcony.

"I cannot! She has done the unforgivable. I have no daughter!" Sakura followed up with her line.

Yukito turned his back to Sakura and leaned on the balcony. As he opened his mouth to speak his next line a sudden wave of exhaustion hit him. His eyes closed and he passed out, tumbling over the balcony wall.

"Yukito!!!" Sakura screamed in terror and ran to catch his arm as he fell over. The crew on the ground below gasped. Touya immediately tore away from the camera he was in charge of and made his way to the balcony. "Yukito…please wake up!" Sakura begged as she used all her strength to hold on to him. Sakura gasped as she saw Yukito's body fading away. This only made her grip his hand tighter. "Yue…please. You two need to hold on!" Sakura said as tears dripped down her face.

Just when she felt she wouldn't be able to hold Yukito up anymore, Touya came up from behind and grabbed Yukito's arm with Sakura. Together they successfully pulled him up to safety. Sakura collapsed to the floor while Touya picked Yukito up. "I'm going to find a place where he can lie down. I'll be right back. You'll be okay?" Touya looked down at Sakura with concern.

"Yes, just take care of Yukito." Sakura nodded.

Touya hurried inside and moments later Celia ran out to the balcony with Sakura. "Mama! Are you okay!?" Sakura cried, tears in her eyes.

"Yes, I'm fine. I'm just worried about Yue and Yukito. They were fading…right before my eyes." Sakura trembled.

Celia leaned forward and gave Sakura a hug. "It'll be all right. It just has to be." She knew what was coming, and she knew her mother would soon be even more upset than she currently was. "Why…why don't you go find where Uncle Touya brought Yukito?" She suggested.

"Yeah, I'll go do that." Sakura nodded as she stood up and dried her tears. She left the balcony and made her way through the many hallways of the mansion in which the movie was being recorded. 'This place seems so familiar.' She thought and looked around.

As she passed by she heard a voice. "Are you sure?"

Sakura gasped. "Yue!?" She whispered. 'Who could he be talking to?'

"Yes. But since I won't have my powers anymore, I'm trusting you to protect Sakura." Touya's voice replied. Sakura merely starred at the door, eyes wide open. She didn't know what to do so she stood, frozen.

"With my life." Yue's voice came through strong.

"No, you and Yukito must stay alive as well, that is my price."

"As you wish."

"All right. I'm ready."

Sakura suddenly felt an overwhelming power come over her. 'Touya had powers?' Sakura thought in shock. 'And now he's giving them up…because I wasn't strong enough.' Tears were once more trailing down Sakura's cheek as she slowly reached for the doorknob.

She opened the door to see Yue placing an unconscious Touya on the bed in the room. "Y..Y…Yue?" She managed to say, still crying.

Yue looked over at the doorway where Sakura stood. "Sakura?"

Sakura said nothing, but slowly approached the bed, starring down at her brother's sleeping face. "I…I'm not strong enough to help." She finally whispered. She looked up at Yue her face showing her devastation. "It's all my fault that you and Yukito were going to disappear!"

Yue showed a bit of shock in his expression. To his own amazement he reached out and pulled Sakura close to him, letting her cry into his chest. "I'm so sorry! I saw the two of you fading, leaving me but I couldn't do a thing!" Sakura's muffled voice cried.

"It's not you're fault. With all the strange things going on at once you've had to drain your power to change the Clow cards into Sakura cards. That in itself is a great feat. One day you'll be strong enough for anything, I know it." Yue calmed Sakura with his words, but she still clung to him.

***

From the other room Eriol and Celia watched Yue holding Sakura tightly in a warm embrace, a shock for Eriol to say the least. "Well you seem to have pushed things right along Celia." Eriol smiled.

"I suppose. But I really haven't done all that much. Plus Auntie Tomoyo has helped me a lot!" Celia smiled.

"Yes, Miss. Tomoyo does have a way with meddling with Sakura's affairs." Eriol blushed slightly.

"Kind of like you!" Celia pointed out with a giggle.

"Yes." Eriol nodded. "Like me."

***

Sakura had finally completely calmed and was now sitting on the edge of the bed next to Yue. She sniffled a bit and looked up at the guardian. "You know Yue, it would be really nice if you were like this more often. You try to hide it, but you really are a sweet person." Sakura managed a watery smile.

"Sweet?" Yue questioned her. I am nothing of the sort." She looked away from Sakura.

"Oh, of course not." Sakura hid a giggle.

Selene: Whee! Slight fluff in that chapter!

Testament: Woopie…

Selene: If you're this excited now I can't wait to see what you'll do at the end.

Testament: Are you kidding!? I'll be overjoyed because it'll finally be over!!

Selene: Uh uh uh! Didn't I tell you I'm planning a sequel!?

Testament: You have GOT to be kidding me!

Selene: Nope. ^_^

Testament: Got any rope around here?