Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ No More Sorrow ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
No More Sorrow-Prologue and Chapter 1!

Disclaimer- I don't own CCS or its characters… Only in my dreams!!
Author's note- Hey everyone!! This is Sakurafans24!! This is my new fanfic-called No More Sorrow. I hope you like it! S+S forever! E-mail me with your comments! They are greatly appreciated!!^-^ ssforever@clowmistress.com
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The teenage boy gasped because of an unbearable pain in his left shoulder. Blood oozed out of him…. Dripping fine streaks of red onto his black clothing. His right hand held the wound, trying to stop the blood. He tried to ignore the pain… for he knew it would get much worse if he didn't complete the task his master gave him.

The task was a simple one. He was told to capture a person, the one with the most power, in the town of Tomoeda. The one with the most power was supposedly the Clow Mistress, holder of the most powerful magic in the world, the Clow Cards. After the boy had the girl he was suppose to bring her to his boss…. and the task would be finished. His boss would then kill the girl and soak her powers into him. The boy had one month, 31 days (this is October), to bring the girl to his boss. The only problem was that the boy had no powers. He had to find the girl on his own. If he brought the girl in time, he would be granted his own powers and the release of his family who were being held hostage by his boss. If he did not complete his task then his family would be killed and he would be sent to his grave also.

He sighed. The pain was starting to lessen. Today was October first… Saturday, 1:00 am. The blood was starting to slow from his wound… he would not die but would be severely pained for days without aid from someone. His boss had took his sword and jammed it into his left shoulder… to prove his point that no one crossed him. This pain was nothing compared to the real damage that his boss could do. The boy sighed yet again. He needed to find shelter till morning. His blood loss prevented him from going far, but he was already in Tomoeda and all he needed was something covering his head. He spotted a huge slide… and decided that that would be his resting place for a few hours. His pale blue eyes drooped down and he was asleep.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sakura's house---
*BRINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG* the telephone in Sakura's room rang.

Sakura was still in bed… sleeping like a log. As she heard the phone go off she drowsily sat up in bed and grabbed the phone.

"Moshi moshi?!" Sakura asked dazed.

"Sakura-chan?" A small, sweet voice called from the other end of the phone.

"Hai! What's new Tomoyo-chan?" Sakura answered, starting to feel more awake.

From across the other line Tomoyo said, "Nothing. I was just hoping that if you have nothing to do today we could hang out. Maybe go to the park, eat somewhere… something like that."

Sakura smiled. Hanging out with Tomoyo today sounded like the best thing she could do today. "Sure Tomoyo-chan, let's meet at the park… the penguin slide. Then we can go shopping or something. Sound good?"

Tomoyo laughed, "Of course!! Sounds like fun… now I'll have to bring my video camera… to videotape you of course, lots of extra tapes…"

Sakura sweatdropped. Tomoyo was still talking about how she wanted to record Sakura's every movement so Sakura interrupted her ramblings and said, "Meet you at the penguin slide in an hour, ok?"

Tomoyo replied, "… and then we can go to the movies where I can tape kawaii Sakura buying popcorn and eating! Ok! See you at the penguin soon! Bye!" Then she hung up.

Sakura hung up and laughed to herself. Trying to be as quick as possible she changed and combed her hair. Kero was in a corner of the room… still asleep and hanging in midair. He emitted a light snore which made Sakura laugh again. Sakura decided to wake the sleeping doll to let him know she was leaving.

"Wake up, Kero-chan!" Sakura said. Kero's sleeping form didn't budge, so Sakura tried again. "WAKE UP, KERO-CHAN!!"

That time Kero heard her. Sleepily, he opened his little eyes and yawned. Slowly, he floated gently to the ground. Kero said groggily, "What?! What's wrong? Why are you waking me up?!"

Sakura said happily, "I'm going to meet Tomoyo-chan. You want to go?"

Kero responded, "Sorry, Sakura… but I don't want to. I'm too tired…" And with that Kero fell back to sleep.

Sakura looked at the clock, shaking her head to herself about Kero's behavior. The clock read 7:30… and she had to be at the park by 8:00. Sakura had plenty of time. She walked downstairs to be greeted by Touya and her dad.

"Wow… you're actually up this early." Touya said sounding impressed.

Sakura gave a short glare towards Touya and said, "Not fair, Onii-chan!!"

Her dad smiled and said, "Ohayo, Sakura-san. What brings you up this early?"

Sakura smiled back. Her dad always had this happy effect on her. "Tomoyo-chan called me. We are going to go to the movies, I guess…. Walk around a bit."

"Ok, have fun! Would you like to have breakfast before you go?" Sakura's dad said kindly.

"No… that's ok. I'll pick up something later. Bye! Bye onii-chan!"

Sakura walked out the kitchen and into the living room where her mother's picture was, "Bye mother!" Sakura said. She'd been doing that for years… ever since she caught the illusion card. Sakura figured that her mom needed to be remembered… and saying a simple 'hello' or 'goodbye' was very reassuring.

Touya saw Sakura saying goodbye to their mother's photograph and smiled to himself. To see his not-so-little anymore sister, who was now 15 years old doing things since she'd done since she was younger made him comforted. He could see in her eyes when they talked that some of her life was not so easy in the past… but she didn't want to talk about it obviously. She was growing up, leaving behind some of her childhood thoughts. Sometimes he worried that his younger sister was growing up too fast… but these little quirks that Sakura did made him think that she was the same inside… the same kind of good-hearted, sweet, and innocent girl she was when she was in elementary school. He still made fun of her though, it was a habit. He'd done it since she was a toddler, and he knew that he would continue to do it until he was an old man with a walking stick.

"Good-bye, Sakura!! Have a good day!" Touya yelled was Sakura walked out the door.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sakura paused for a second, looked back and smiled her genuine smile at Touya then continued.

Touya laughed to himself. He really DID have a 'sister- complex' that Yuki always made fun of him for. "Well dad, I'm off to work." Then he too, left out the door.

Sakura walked to the park… the fresh air feeling great to her lungs. No sad thoughts filled her mind, she only thought about the great day ahead of her. The park came into view. Tomoyo was not at the park yet. 'Oh well,' Sakura thought. I will just enjoy the wait. Sakura walked to a bench. The King Penguin Slide was directly behind her. Sitting on the bench, Sakura waited patiently.

Then, as if a dead person was walking out of a grave, came a moan. It came from behind Sakura. Sakura quickly looked behind her, suddenly a little scared. Another moan came. Sakura stared at the slide behind her… very surprised. The moan was coming from the slide!

"Hoe!!!" Sakura exclaimed out loud. 'The slide is coming to life!' Sakura thought fearfully.

Through her dismay, Sakura walked closer to the slide. Now the moaning had stopped and Sakura was tempted to turn around and run. But she thought of her cardcaptoring days… and how Meilin or Syaoran would have laughed at her cowardly behavior. As she neared the slide she saw a thin line of blood streak the ground towards the inside of the slide. Sakura was now terrified, but was standing right next to the slide. With a quick motion, she peered down into the side of the slide (where Tomoyo and her had hid when the Thunder card had struck many years ago) and saw a teenage boy propped up against the inside side of the slide. He looked up at her, piercing vulnerable blue eyes at the girl.

Sakura sighed. It was only a kid. 'Probably just a prankster trying to scare a girl out of her wits with moaning,' Sakura thought. Then she remembered the blood streaked on the ground outside of slide… leading to where he was sitting. Peering at the boy a second time Sakura was alarmed to see a huge rip on his shirt in the left shoulder that the boy was desperately trying to hide with his right hand. Messy patches of dried and fresh blood ran down his shirt, covering his hands and everything around him.

Sakura gasped at the horrific sight. "Are you ok? Let me help you to a hospital!"

The boy looked at her in surprise and said with effort, "You want to help me?"

"Of course! I need to get you to a hospital!" Sakura crouched down to be on the same level as the teenage boy. "Here, let me take your arms… I'll support you till we get to the hospital."

The boy still looked stunned. 'Such kindness! But if I go to a doctor, they'll want to know information about me that I can't give' he thought. "Oh no!! I don't want to go to the hospital! I… um… I am scared of doctors!" he said panicked.

Sakura gazed at the blue- eyed boy suspiciously. "Nani? Well, ok then… if you insist. Let me take you to the bathroom then to help you get cleaned up.

"I'll get you bloody!" the boy protested, "I don't want to mess up such a beautiful, kind girl's clothing!"

Sakura smiled politely and said, "It's no problem. What matters is that you get cleaned up and your wound can heal."

Ignoring the weak protests from the teenager she grabbed the boy' s arms and propped him to a standing position. Then she took his arms and let him lean against her. With grace, Sakura led the wounded guy to a bathroom.

"I don't suppose you want to go to the girl's bathroom?" Sakura said with raised eyebrows.

The boy looked like he was going to choke. "What?!?!" he exclaimed in surprise.

Sakura laughed and replied, "Don't worry… We won't go in there." Sakura led him to the boy's bathroom and yelled inside the room, "IS ANYONE THERE?" There was no reply. Helping the boy inside the restroom, she leaned him against a wall and sat him down. Taking paper towels, she got them wet. Then she faced the boy and said, "Take off your shirt."

The boy almost choked again but managed to say, "You can't be serious!! I'm not going to…"

Sakura interrupted him and said, "Don't worry… I just want to help… I don't know why actually, I just feel that I should."

The boy hesitantly took off his shirt. With ease, Sakura cleaned his severe wound. Every once in a while he grimaced in pain, but didn't complain. After she was done, she got a bunch of paper towels and put them in the boy's right hand. "Here," she said, "Hold this to your wound. That's all I can do for you. The bleeding has stopped… so you should be fine."

"Thanks… Thanks a lot," was all he could manage to say. His gratitude was enormous. He put his shirt back on and stood up on his on his own.

"It looks like your ok. I got to go… my friend is expecting to meet me at the slide… I think I'm late," Sakura said, suddenly a little shy.

The boy's audacity seemed to be healing, along with his wound. "I'm sorry I made you late. Maybe for a return of the favor, I could take you out somewhere sometime…"

Sakura interrupted, "Now I'm sorry. Actually, I can't. Don't worry… I'm not charging. Good-bye!" And with that she left the awestruck boy in the bathroom, watching her leaving figure.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Sakura ran back to the slide, hoping that Tomoyo would be there. She was very late now… probably a half hour late by now. The wind rushed into face as she ran.

'What was I thinking? Why did I help that guy?' Sakura wondered to herself as she returned to the park. 'And I forgot to ask what his name was…'

Tomoyo was waiting at the bench that Sakura was sitting at previously, looking patient and happy. Sakura rushed up to Tomoyo and sat down next to her.

"Gomen Nasai, I was helping a guy with a wound…" Sakura said in a rush.

Tomoyo interrupted her, "That's ok, Sakura-chan. You can tell me later… Your clothes… they are all bloody! Good thing that I brought something for you to change into!" Tomoyo took out a casual dress. It was pink with long sleeves that went a little above her knees. It had a U neck and a flower design on the sleeves.

"Thanks, Tomoyo-chan!!" Sakura said and went to the girl's bathroom to change.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Meanwhile… in Hong Kong
"I'm going to Japan!" Syaoran told his family.

"Wha? Why this decision so suddenly? You're not happy here?" his younger sisters asked.

A girl with back pigtails yelled out, "Syaoran wants to see a loved one…"

"Meilin!! I just want to visit some old friends…" Syaoran said firmly.

"Well then… I bet that not even I can convince you not to go. You want to see that magic girl, meet up with your loved one… I understand," Syaoran's mother said smiling.

Syaoran blushed. "Thank you," he said.

"Can I go to?!" Meilin pleaded.

"Why not? I'm sure that Syaoran would enjoy the company…" Syaoran's mother said, still smiling.

Syaoran groaned. Just what he needed. Looking after his cousin who will drive him crazy.

"Yay!! Hear that Syaoran? I'm going with you!!" Meilin cried out in joy.

Syaoran smiled politely and said softly, "I'll go tomorrow then."

Quietly, he walked away. His heart was swelling up with joy… to be able to see Sakura was the high point of his day, his month, even his year. A faint echo of voices was behind him going, "Syaoran's in love!! Syaoran's in love!!"
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Author's note- Hi again! I know, I know, long chapter. Well, hope you liked it. Don't worry S+S fans!! There will be A LOT of S+S in the following chapters. If you're wondering why Syaoran is going back so suddenly, cause why would he choose now to go to Japan? I'm writing about that in the next few chapters^O^ Bye for now!