Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Once in a Life Time ❯ Prologue: A Mist of Dreams ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prologue: A Mist of Dreams
She was being herded through a dirty, coble-stoned square, much like the ones in all the towns across the land. Here an old woman sat, with no teeth, asleep, and there 2 children stood, too thin and begging for money from the soldiers that had captured her. Suddenly, the soldier holding her bonds (which didn't allow magic to be used) slumped over, dead. “We're under attack!” yelled a soldier. The men strung their bows and shot all over the place, regardless of whom it hit, even if it was a fellow soldier. “Whisper this to me,” said a voice from behind her, “are you for the Resiôn, or against it?” “Against, you baka, or why would I be standing here?!” “Good. Then come.” “Wait. I have a magical bound on. Will you take it off?” “Gladly.” “Thank you. I am Sakura, an emerald mage.” “And I am Syaoran, leader of the Resiôn.”
~*~
 
Sakura woke up, breathing hard. This was the 3rd time she had had that dream! In her family, the protectors of the Emerald Sakura Shrine, that meant something. But what? She settled down for what would be a sleepless night.
~*§*~
 
He was crouching in a dirty, coble-stoned square, much like the ones in all the towns across the land. Here an old woman sat, with no teeth, asleep, and there 2 children stood, too thin and begging for money from some soldiers that had captured some thing. OK, now it was time for the plan. He shot an arrow at the soldier that was carrying it, and the soldier collapsed, dead. “We're under attack!” yelled a soldier. The men strung their bows and shot all over the place, regardless of whom it hit, even if it was a fellow soldier. “Whisper this to me,” he said from behind it (which turned out to be a her), “are you for the Resiôn, or against it?” “Against, you baka, or why would I be standing here?!” “Good. Then come.” “Wait. I have a magical bound on. Will you take it off?” “Gladly.” “Thank you. I am Sakura, an emerald mage.” “And I am Syaoran, leader of the Resiôn.”
~*~
 
Syaoran woke up, breathing hard. This was the 3rd time he had had that dream! In his family, dreams meant nothing, although to have the same one 3 times in a row was supposed to be magical. But what did it mean? He settled down for what would be a sleepless night.
~*§*~
 
A/N: Wow! Wasn't that kinda weird? They both had the same dream! Well, look at the title; it's called “Once in a Life Time”, no wonder!
 
See ya next time!!!