Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Only a Dream ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Challenge: Dreams
Rating: Any
Genre: Any
Canon: Yes
Length: 1,000 or under
Time: One week
anything to do with dreams, precognitive, bizarre, random or otherwise! To put your thinking caps on, include and explain at least two dream symbols - there are numerous online dream dictionaries.
 
Disclaimer: Phantomness doth not own CCS. Do not steal her fanfiction
Pairing: Eh, implied Meiling x Syaoran (Hey this is anime canon), Syaoran x Yukito, and Syaoran x Sakura
Genre: Introspective, General
Canon: Yes
Rating: G
Length: 661 words
Title: Only a Dream
 
He blamed it on the Dream Card. That was the most reasonable explanation. After all, he had already dreamed of being in love with Sakura and giving her his Clow Cards, so it made perfect sense that when he woke up the next morning, flushed and trembling, that the card could have influenced him again.
If you dream you see a couple in love, and expressing it to each other, this denotes that your present undertaking will meet with success. If you are expressing a true and tender love for another then it shows that you will find happiness and contentment in your life.
Happiness and contentment? Was he happy? He wasn't sure…
“Syaoran!”
He was torn from his musings as Meiling hugged him tightly. “Guess what, Syaoran! I dreamed that we were married!”
“You dreamed we were married?” He sighed inwardly.
“Yes! It was wonderful! I had this gorgeous white dress on, and there were roses everywhere…” While Meiling babbled on, Syaoran considered the import of her dream.
Weddings, far from being a symbol of happiness, symbolize a death and a funeral, Syaoran…
He wasn't sure why his mother had taught him dream interpretation, as the gift for prophetic dreams was clearly not his…
But… Cerberus had said that the Dream Card gave dreams of the future… did that mean, that… he would actually; willingly give Sakura all his Clow cards?
That was a troubling thought. He hastily checked his pockets, reassured that they were all there.
Then again, Meiling had dreamed of their wedding, but surely…. Since she did not have magic, her dream could not be true, correct?
But then…
He sighed as he eyed the Dream Card. “I wish you could talk to me, and tell me the truth….”
The dream he had last night was, strange to say the least… he was drowning in a pool of darkness… while wearing a pink dress. Definitely odd!
No, he wasn't sure he could draw any conclusion from that… and he didn't even *want* to think about the reason he was wearing a pink dress.
What had Sakura dreamed of, he wondered? It didn't quite matter, did it? No, he didn't think it did.
“Syaoran, we're going to be late!”
They managed to make it to school on time, but when the names were drawn, and the parts were assigned for their literary festival, he knew something was wrong.
… Princess… princess? Did that mean…?
It couldn't be. He didn't have foretelling dreams! But now that he had the Dream card, did that give him the power to dream of the future?
If so, somehow, he would be stuck wearing a pink dress.
Syaoran sighed. No. Impossible. He was just overreacting…
 
But then Tomoyo said Yukito-san would be unhappy if he didn't play the princess, because then the play would be cancelled, and so, he'd endure this humiliation for Yukito-san…even though that horrible pink dress looked *exactly* like his dream-self's, and it was worse when he was wearing it in reality and could feel every extra pound those long skirts added, and so the play progressed, and when Dark whisked him away, he could deny it no longer…
It was exactly what he had remembered, down to the feeling as the darkness stopped time…
His sight came back as Sakura hugged him tightly, but not before he noticed the pair of cards in her hands. Light… and Dark…
The two most powerful cards in Clow's deck…
And as Meiling came on stage and tried to drag Sakura off, he had a horrible feeling of foreboding… would she wind up with his Clow Cards now? What if his first dream had been true after all?
But then… she smiled, and he suddenly thought that maybe, it wouldn't be so bad… even if he did lose.
 
END FIC
Completed 5/27/05
Aight, this didn't turn out the way I planned it. Not at all, but it's done, so… hope someone likes it…