Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Pride and Reputation ❯ The challenge of Syaoran Li ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Pride and Reputation
Anime: Cardcaptor Sakura
 
Summary: Sakura is 15 years old, and studies at Shinjuku High, Syaoran is a transferee from China. Sakura is one of the smartest, most beautiful and strongest martial artists in the whole school; Syaoran is also one of the smartest, most handsome and strongest in his school back in China; in this fanfic Syaoran is kind of a delinquent troublemaker.
 
 
 
Chapter 1: The Challenge of Syaoran Li
 
Second week of school and everybody knows each other already. Sakura kinomoto is one of the strongest, smartest and most popular student in Shinjuku High School, she is known as one of the strongest martial artist in the whole school… The school bell rang, and all the students ran to their respective classrooms. The door of room 1 - A, opened and everybody went to their proper seats and there was silence “Ohayou mina-san.” Said Mr. Toreda. “Ohayou sensei!” “Everyone please listen, I have an announcement to make. We have a new student, he is from Hong Kong, you may come in now.” The door opened, and a handsome guy came in, he had messy chestnut hair and eyes. “Please, introduce yourself, go on!” Mr. Toreda said, moving to one side to give the new come some space. The teen looked snobbish, and boastful. And when he introduced his self, he talked as if he was bored, and was just forced to introduce his self. He sighed and said, “My name is Li Syaoran, I am from China.” “= Why do I have to do this? This is so stupid!=” “Okay, let's see where can you sit? Humm? Oh, over there behind Ms. Kinomoto.” Then Syaoran nodded and said carelessly “'Kay.” He walked towards the chair behind Sakura. At first he stared at her emotionlessly, and then he went to his seat. “Okay, let's begin our lesson. I hope everybody studied their notes last night, coz we're going to have a pop quiz!” All of the students sighed, and some said, “oh man!” After the pop quiz, the bell rang. “Okay, don't forget to read page 294 of your history book.” “Hai!” said the students in a disappointed tone.
 
 
***********************
In the School Cafeteria…
 
When Sakura entered the cafeteria, somebody called her name, “Sakura! Sakura! Over here!” Sakura looked around and saw a black-haired girl waving at her, sitting with two girls and a boy, also waving at her, Sakura smiled and walked towards the table where the people who called her were sitting. “Hi Tomoyo!” Sakura said to the long-haired, black-haired girl. “Hey Chiharu, Rika, Yamazaki! Thanks for saving me a seat! Harigatou!” “Don't mention it!” The boy called Yamazaki replied. When they were about to their food, they heard a loud crash, “BANG!” The cafeteria door opened wide and a 4th year student went crashing straight to a table near the door. Everyone in the cafeteria gasped for they did not see this kind of scenery for a long time, since the 4th years of a year ago had a rumble inside the cafeteria. For some of the new student who haven't heard of the story they were frightened but some just looked at the 4th year guy then continued to eat. “Who does he think he is!” said Yamazaki angrily. “He's a transferee from China, his name is Li Syaoran.” Sakura said in a serious manner. “How come you know him Sakura-chan?” Chiharu asked Sakura worriedly. “He's my classmate.”
 
******************
Under a sakura tree that is not yet in bloom…
 
 
Li Syaoran sits under a Sakura tree thinking. “= I'm just wasting my time in this school. I thought this school has the best fighters?! I guess it's just a rumor=” he then felt weird, he felt a very strong aura. “= where is this power coming from? It's so strong yet so warm and gentle. No! it's impossible! I didn't sense this power when I entered the school gate. Could somebody here be a sorcerer? =” he then comes back to his senses hearing the school bell ring. “Darn! I' gonna be late!” he then runs to the building to go to his classroom.
 
*******************
Inside the classroom...
 
Arriving just in time he opened the classroom door and felt the same aura. “= what the- this is aura is just like what I felt last time outside!=” he looks around searching for the source of the aura. Sakura notices the new guy looking for something then she notices that the guy was emitting green aura. “= is he sensing me? Oh great! Now I have to hide my aura.=” then Syaoran stops when suddenly he didn't feel the aura any longer. He went to his seat, opened his bag and took out his book for the next subject.
Sakura looks out the window and the image of Yukito enters her mind. Then she blushes and shakes her head to remove Yukito from her mind. (and to stop her blushing) the school bell then rings and they were all relieved to hear the school bell coz it only means it's the end of day. Sakura then forgets that she is hiding her aura and accidentally releases enough amount of power to be sensed while stretching her arms. Then Syaoran quickly senses the aura and sees that it's from Sakura. “= the strong aura is coming from her?! How can a girl have such strong aura?! Unbelievable! =”
 
 
*******************
By a sidewalk outside the school gate...
 
 
“ oh Tomoyo, I'm so happy the day is over! But the problem is I have a lot of homework to do.” *sighs* then suddenly a guy appears in front of them out of nowhere that caused Sakura to fall on her back. “Sakura!” said the worrying Tomoyo helping Sakura to stand up. Sakura then shouts at the person that bumped her. “Hey! Can you watch where you're going!” then her eyes widened when she saw the guy. *gasps* “it's you! You're that arrogant new comer who thinks he's so strong!” then the guy smirks and says “I really can't believe that the strong aura I felt is coming from you.” Sakura then gasps her eyes widening with surprise and at the same time irritation. Tomoyo gasps as well surprised that somebody else aside from her knows about Sakura's secret. “oh my!” says Tomoyo. “so, my hunch was right. You did sense my aura, that's why you looked like you were searching for something or someone.” “I see you also sensed me. you know, I really can't believe that you own that aura.” He then emits a strong aura. “= I'll show you my power=” Sakura was a little impressed but then she... *yawns* “what?! Are you insulting me?!” Syaoran exclaimed his power getting stronger because of anger. “ you know what? You're so hot-headed. I'm a little impressed with your power demo is that all?” Sakura asked Syaoran in an insulting tone. “let me show you a portion of my power Mr. Li” without any effort Sakura released an amount of power so strong that Syaoran's power vanished. Syaoran's eyes widened with amazement and at the same time anger. He was so angry that he just blurted out the words “I challenge you to fight me tomorrow after school!” Sakura just sighed and said “look, Tomoyo-chan, another idiot wants to be sent to the hospital again.” Tomoyo looked at her friend with a gaze of worry. “= oh dear, she has really changed a lot ever since she had been receiving challenges to fight or to have a duel. How I miss the old Sakura, the Sakura that is gentle and sweet one=” Tomoyo then went back to her senses when Sakura pulled her arm away from Syaoran...
 
 
 
 
 
Chapter II: Put your differences aside for the meantime!
 
 
*********************
Sakura's bedroom...
 
 
Tomoyo still in deep thought while drinking tea. Sakura then notices and worries about her friend. *clears throat* and Tomoyo looked at Sakura “do you have a sore throat Sakura-chan?” Sakura then holds Tomoyo's hands and asks “is something bothering you Tomoyo-chan? Are you feeling alright?” Tomoyo smiles and tells Sakura “oh Sakura, don't worry about me. I'm more worried about you. Don't you notice the changes that occurred to you? You've changed a lot Sakura-chan.” “I see you noticed it as well” Tomoyo looks baffled “huh? So you know that you've changed?” “Yes Tomoyo-chan, I also noticed. I feel like I'm a different person. I get involved in fights more often and enjoy seeing how my opponent is defeated. I even boast my power to other people and don't even bother if they find out about me being a sorceress and the cards mistress.” “Um sakura-chan, please don't be angry of what I'm going to say.” “What is it Tomoyo-chan?” “Oh never mind, I've changed my mind” “oh Tomoyo-chan I promise I'm not going to be angry, I promise” “are you really sure? Do you really promise you won't get mad?” “I promise! Now tell me!” “Okay then, well I thinks that you and the new guy who just challenged you have a lot in common.” “What?! I am so different from that idiot!” “See! I knew you would be mad!” Sakura then stops shouting and apologizes to Tomoyo. *hugs Tomoyo* “oh I'm so sorry Tomoyo-chan! Gomen nasai Tomoyo-chan!” then they hear footsteps coming up the stairs. Then somebody knocked and opened the door. “You know your voice is heard downstairs kaijuu. That's why dad asked me to see what's happening here.” Sakura glares at her brother Touya and throws a pillow at him but Touya managed to close the door before the pillow hit him, then he opens the door and tells Sakura “you missed me MONSTER.” “TOUYA YOU BAKA!” then they heard another footstep coming up the stairs and a smiling guy with light-grey hair and glasses popped his head through the door and said “oh, hello there Sakura! How are you?” “Yukito,” Said the red-faced Sakura. “Oh Touya, Sakura's not a little girl anymore. You shouldn't treat her like that. Don't listen to Touya when he teases you, alright Sakura?!
“Hai!” Sakura said happily. Touya just sighs and said “I also came up here to tell you that diner's ready you two better go down.
 
 
********************
Downstairs at the dinning room...
 
 
“What took you so long? The food's almost cold, so let's eat” “oh, the food looks delicious Mr. Kinomoto! It smells good too!” “why, thank you Tomoyo, I'm glad you like it.” “Oh daddy, you're the best!” everybody enjoyed their dinner. After dinner they all helped in washing and drying the dishes and cleaning the table. “You know kids, you don't have to do this.” “Oh no Mr. Kinomoto this is the least we can do after serving us a very delicious dinner and I bet Tomoyo will agree with me.” “Yes, Mr. Kinomoto. He's right.” “Well, thank you for helping!” after helping, they all said goodbye to Tomoyo and Yukito. “Hey Tomoyo-chan, are you sure you don't want me to walk you to the bus stop?” Sakura asked. “How `bout you Yuki?” Touya asked his Best friend. “Don't worry Touya, you don't have to.” Then they waved goodbye to each other.
 
 
*********************
Grounds of Shinjuku high...
 
 
“Hey, have you seen the new guy of class A - 1?” “Yeah he's so cute!” “Yeah! But he has an attitude problem though!” the girls sighed dreamily as Syaoran passed by. “Oh, I don't care if he's a trouble maker! He's still cute and his attitude makes him look even cooler!
 
*********************
Classroom.....
 
 
“Ohayou minna san!” greeted a cheerful Sakura as she enters the classroom. A Li Syaoran entered the classroom after Sakura and everyone was staring at him as if he was going to attack them. “=what are these idiots staring at?!=” while he was walking towards his seat the students just tried to ignore him. When Syaoran was near Sakura's seat he glared at Sakura. Even though Syaoran was already glaring at her she just said “Good morning Li. “ then all her classmates looked at their direction. Syaoran was confused and angry at the same time. “=what is she thinking?! Is she trying to mock or insult me?!=” Syaoran just went to his seat, still thinking what that “good morning” meant.