Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Qin'Ai ❯ Surrender ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Qin'Ai Part 7: Surrender
A Card Captor Sakura Fanfic



Meilin kept her mind empty as the attendants led her to the field. She kept her eyes locked on the person ahead of her, neither looking left or right. Just walking, and waiting. Thoughts would lead her astray right now. She knew she had to focus. When the attendants stepped aside, she stepped forward. Across a designated fighting area, she saw Wei and her jaw clenched. She turned her eyes to the master attending the fight. Dressed in traditional garb, his eyes were hardened as they swept over first her then Wei. "The fight will continue until one or both contestants are unable to battle or until one surrenders." He spoke after a long moment of studying them both.

It was then Meilin's eyes wandered to the crowd outside the ring, finding Tomoyo amongst the crowd. She held her camera, but her small smile of reassurance could not mask the concern in her eyes. Meilin noted it and nodded at the other girl gently before entereing the fighting ring.

"You can do it, Meilin!" Li told her from his position among those lined up on her side of the field. She smiled gratefully at him, then turned to face Wei as he entered the ring.

"Prepare." The master ordered. Meilin crouched into a defensive pose, noting that Wei did the same. "Let the fight begin."

She waited for Wei's first charge, and didn't have long to wait. He sprinted forward, chopping at her head. Meilin grabbed his hand and flipped him away, but he twisted to land on his feet. Before he could turn to face her, Meilin attacted, kicking him in the back. He began to fall, but rolled to his feet - blocking her nect kick. "Hya!" Meilin started a series of kicks and punches, but every one was blocked.

"Hyaa!" He kicked her in the stomach, sending her stumbling back, then dodged forward - elbow heading for her face. Meilin grabbed the elbow, managing a kick to his stomach despite the pain in her own. Finally the pain disolved, allowing her to intake a much needed breath. As she leveled another kick, Wei grabbed her foot, yanking, and sending her backwards.

Catching herself with her hands she brought her other foot up to kick him in the face. He staggered back, unable to hold on, and she twisted herself to her feet to charge forward - fist aimed for another blow to his stomach. Wei caught her hand and twisted her arm roughly behind her. Meilin cried out in pain.

Li's hand clenched angrily, his teeth grinding. Ignoring the anger boiling in him, he concentrated on his cousin. 'C'mon, Meilin, you can do this!' He thought rather than shouted the words.

Wei applied more pressure, pushing her toward the ground, but Meilin swept one leg out, knocking his feet out from under him. Wei released her to balance himself, and she turned to kick him, but he grabbed her leg, yanking her down to the ground. She turned, kicking his shoulder and was rewarded with a cry of pain and the release of her leg. She flipped to her feet, taking a new defensive stance as he lept up as well.

She waited for his next charge, and again it wasn't long in coming. 'He always was a hot head.' She remembered Jibo saying. Wei's punches and kicks were savage, but she blocked everyone, taking a step back, and noted that he followed her without thinking. His hand chopped at her neck. Ducking under she landed a blow to his chest, sending him to the ground. She turned, her heel aiming for his face, but he rolled away and flipped to his feet, taking up a defensive stance - more cautious now.

They studied eachother again, circling. After a minute she charged, feigning a punch to his face, but twisting to land a kick to his side. He stumbled and she lashed out a chop to his neck. He turned, expecting the blow, and grabbed her arm - throwing her. She landed on her feet, but he was one step ahead of her and his foot slammed into her cheek, sending her crashing onto her back.

Tomoyo cried out as Wei pinned her arms, and pressed one hand to her throat. "Give." He ordered, and when she did not reply began applying pressure. Meilin closed her eyes, ignoring the pain. "Give!" He ordered again, and the pressure increased.



"It's a terrible fight. It'll test all your skills...you could lose, but you mustn't...Your happiness is riding ont his fight. You Must win." Liu's words echoed back to her.



"Give!" Wei demanded, and the pressure on her throat increased again, blocking air.

Her vision began to blur, but she struggled to break his hold, her mind whirling. 'Mustn't lose conciousness...have to stay focused...' She thought desperately. 'I promised Tomoyo...I told her I wouldn't let her down...' Blinking to clear her vision, she focused on Wei's position as he knelt next to her, using his upper body to pin hers down, one hand on her throat. She closed her eyes again, concentrating through the pain - adjusting her position.

Her legs lashed out, catching Wei around the neck and yanking him off her and to the ground. She heard him cry out and reached out even before her vision had cleared to grab his hands, holding them behind him. "Surrender!" He did not reply and she waited a minute as eyes and mind focused again. "I can break your neck with one twist - Surrender!"

Silence reigned still for a long moment. Then Wei's voice finally broke it. "I surrender."

Meilin released him, staggering to her feet. She glanced over and met Tomoyo's shining eyes with a weary smile.


To Be Concluded...


Salmon