Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Race to the Top ❯ Expect the Unexpected ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Card Captor Sakura. I wish I do but it belong to CLAMP not me.
 
___________________________________________________________
 
Chapter 4: Expect the Unexpected
Sakura made it to school just on time today as well. She huffed as she got into her seat next to Tomoyo.
“Ohayo Sakura-chan, you're just in time.” Tomoyo told Sakura happily.
“Ohayo Tomoyo-chan. Oh, can you come to my house today? My cousin wants to see you...” asked Sakura nervously.
“OK… but who's your cousin?”
“It's a surprise…” Sakura smirked.
“Good surprise or bad surprise?”
“You'll see.”
“SAKURA-CHAN…you are acting so strange.”
“Why thank you.”
“Eh…it wasn't a compliment. I don't know why you would say thank you.”
“BECAUSE I WAS trying to act strange. That means I succeed in that.”
“You lost me from because…”
“Never mind.”
“What do you mean-”
“Quiet down class.” the teacher interrupted, walking into the classroom. The class then began their class for today. During the whole lesson, Tomoyo tried to get Sakura to talk but Sakura would say anything else. Tomoyo continued until the teacher got really annoyed and told her to be quiet or she'll get sent out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The last lesson they had were P.E. They were doing gymnastics on the trampoline, uneven bars and the balancing beam; even the boys have to do them. They got into groups and were asked to go on the equipment one after one. The groups were assigned by the teacher and arguing weren't allowed.
Luckily, Tomoyo and Sakura still remained in the same group. Unluckily, they were with Syaoran and his slut girlfriend, Claire, and their friends. The so-called cool people in their groups laughed at them knowing (or thinking in Sakura's case since she used to be head cheerleader of her school in Japan) that the nerds will mess up.
Their group were on the balancing beam first. Tomoyo was pushed by the others to go first. She tripped onto the beam as she wasn't really physically active. She moved on the beam really slowly with Sakura holding her hand tightly. When the others instructed her to do some special moves, she was afraid to move in case she fell. That's when she fell.
Fortunately, Sakura caught her and they both landed on the thick gym mat. Unfortunately, the other kids were grabbing onto their sides, trying to hold in laughter as they witness this hilarious (A.N. to them only though, to others it would be a painful and scary scene) scene.
Claire burst out laughing right away though while Syaoran remained silent, staring at Sakura as she struggled to lift Tomoyo up. Eriol, being the kind gentlemen he is, immediately went forward and offered his hand to Tomoyo who accepted it, blushing hard. Sakura bounced up from the ground on her own, being oblivious of her friend's red face, and dragged Tomoyo away to check if she was hurt.
Claire, being the show-off, struck-up brat she is, announced that Tomoyo sucked and told Tomoyo to `watch and learn'. She bounced onto the beam and nearly fell off. Nevertheless she continued to do the all movements that she could muster without falling. They were nothing special though, very simple and basic. She did movements like small jumps, dip steps, side-stepping and so on. She then carefully walked to the end of the beam and jumped off messily.
The crowd looked at Sakura, wanting to embarrass her too. Claire looked at her smugly and looked happy that a nerd was not going to dim her performance.
Normally, Sakura would just have pretended to be like Tomoyo…but not today…not when people are teasing her best friend. She ALWAYS stands up for her friends and show the bullies who is the boss.
Sakura looked at Tomoyo, who inturn was looking at her pleading, silently telling her not to go. Sakura moved forward a little and Tomoyo's hand shot straight out and took hold of Sakura's hand. Sakura turned around to talk to her friend.
“Don't worry about me,” Sakura whispered. “I always hated this kind of people…no one does this to ANY of my friends.” She smiled and looked into Tomoyo's eyes reassuringly. She slowly pulled Tomoyo's hand away.
Tomoyo smiled at Sakura and thought that it was really wonderful to have a friend like Sakura. She would do anything for Sakura as Sakura would do anything for her.
Sakura walked up to the beam, with Claire smirking at her. “Do you want someone to hold your hand, nerd?” asked Claire teasingly.
Sakura smiled at her mockingly and shook her head. “Just watch and learn…” she muttered to Claire.
Sakura skilfully bounced up to the beam. She did a perfect walkover and earned gasps and looks of awe from everyone in the audience. She smirked as more people were gathering around to watch her performance…even the gym teacher herself!
Meanwhile, the amazed Tomoyo watched her friend happily…with a video camera in her hand, recording what Sakura' doing, of course.
Sakura then did a cartwheel. (A.N. her glasses are GLUED on, so they won't fall when she does these things!) She did a handstand and twisted her legs around and did all sorts of things.
She also did a half-in half-out, which is back flip with a 1/2 twist into a front flip with a 1/2 twist.
Just then, Sakura realized that all this gymnastic aren't going to help her with her nerdy image. She mentally shrugged. She can redo the whole image later. She really should finish her show off for her audience. Or else it will be rude.
She turned to the nearest end of the beam and did another cartwheel towards the end. As she reached the end, she used her hands to push herself upwards and tucked in her knees and did a roll in mid-air. After falling some height, she twisted her body so she faced the beam and landed perfectly with her hands in the air.
As soon as she landed, she rushed to Tomoyo who was still recording her every movement for some reason. Somehow, Tomoyo clapped with her video camera in one of her hands.
The gym teacher snapped out of her stupor and clapped. The rest of class slowly started to clap. Sakura blushed at all the attention she was getting.
On the other hand, Claire angrily clenched her hands and feeling extremely annoyed that a nerd suddenly dimmed her `excellent' performance.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
After school, Sakura and Tomoyo both got into Sakura's Mini Cooper and arrived in front of Sakura's mansion.
“Wow…it is even bigger than my house…” Tomoyo exclaimed in admiration.
“Come on, come in.” Sakura waved to Tomoyo after getting out of the car and to the front door. After going in and greeting the maid, Sakura ran up the stairs, yelling. “Wait here a second…your surprise is coming.”
Tomoyo stood there awkwardly until the maid invited her into the gigantic living room and brought out some tea and cake for her mistress and mistress' friend to have for afternoon tea.
Footsteps approached the room. “Tomoyo-san, no?” A girl appeared in the doorway. She had silky auburn hair that flowed down to her waist. Her searching emerald eyes landed on Tomoyo. Her lips curled into a lovely smile. She only had lip gloss on and no other makeup. She had an hour-glass figure and was wearing a milky pink tank top with a cherry blossom picture in the centre. The tank top was matched well with her white mini-skirt. On her feet were pale pink and white wedge sandals.
Tomoyo stood up abruptly and stared at the girl at the doorway. “Y…yes…I…a…am.” she stuttered nervously.
“Please sit down,” Tomoyo sat down obediently and watched as the girl made herself comfortable on the seat next to her. “Hi, as you might know, my name is Blossom. My cousin, Sakura, told me that you are a fan of mine. For that, I must thank you. Sakura had also mentioned that you have quite a talent for drawing and designing outfits, furthermore you wish to work at my company.” Blossom announced everything elegantly in her sweet voice and with an air of command. A wide smile was gracing her pretty features now.
Tomoyo relaxed immediately, seeing the smile and remembering that Blossom was supposedly very kind. “Yes, I am very interested in working for your company. My mother owns a toy company and I often design clothes for the dolls and all. I simply love designing clothes.”
“Yes, and Sakura showed me some of your drawings that you gave her. It is really good and unique too. I would love it if you could work in my company. However, no offense but why do you hide your great figure and fair face?”
“Huh?” Tomoyo was very confused over what Blossom was saying to her.
“Tomoyo-chan…can I call you that? Anyways can I give you a makeover?”
“Of course to both questions.” Tomoyo answered, eyes sparkling in happiness and gratefulness for the kindness Blossom was showing her. Suddenly, she realised something and asked. “Where is Sakura?”
Blossom giggled and replied. “She doesn't want to get a makeover by me. I always try to get her to have one but she doesn't want to…I guess I shouldn't force her. She's hiding in her room, absolutely refusing to open the door until dinner…sorry about my cousin, Tomoyo-chan.”
“No, no, Blossom-chan. It's quite okay and I wish nothing more than for her to be comfortable and happy.”
“Of course, let's go! We're going out.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tomoyo was taken to various beauty salons and taught how to put on makeup and do her stunning deep-purple-nearly-black hair. Also she was taught how to protect her fair face from being and wrinkled and covered with pimples and so on.
She was also taken to a room in Blossom's company, where she was given beautiful and RIGHT-SIZED clothes. Some were a tad revealing but all completely adorable and totally likeable.
She didn't need to be taught how to choose outfits because she already knew...except she doesn't use this skill on herself. She was also introduced to other designers as a fellow clothes designer.
By the end of the day, she was transformed into gorgeous-looking teenage girl, mature-looking but still cute and adorable. Also she was to start working tomorrow, which she willingly agreed to.
She knew that she was going to shock the whole school tomorrow. In addition, she was going to astonish the students and teachers that she will be working at Blossom's company, starting tomorrow.
Their private school allowed their students to work since most of the students were going to have to try to work at their parent's company. Since there wasn't any restrictions, she was going to show that Claire Linton who's the best in the school.
Of course, she was still going to be friends with Sakura though. Sakura was the one who introduced her to Blossom and helped her when she was in trouble.
Tomoyo sighed contently as she thought about tomorrow.
After all tomorrow is another day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A.N. I am sorry that I haven't update in such a long while. Well, here you go. Also for these who wonder, I did read DkWolves' story `Racing Hearts'; it is one of my favourite stories as you can see. I swear didn't mean to make my story like somebody else's though. I guess I liked it so much that I kind of copy the idea for the first few chapters. BUT from this chapter on, my story will be nothing like DkWolves' story. Everything is invented by me!