Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Rivals...or Allies? ❯ Strange Characters ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Chapter 2: Strange Characters


Japanese Words:
Kaiju: Monster
Baka: Idiot
Gomen: Sorry
Hai: Yes
Dare Da: Who's There?

* * * *= Dreaming
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~= Change of scenery
"" Taking

"I'm home!!!" Sakura yelled. Tori appeared.
"No need to yell, Kaiju. I'm not deaf...yet."
Sakura stomped on her older brothers feet.
"Tori! I...am...not...a monster!" Sakura yelled, her fist clenched and her face turning beat red.
"Coulda fooled me," Tori said laughing, before he retreated to the kitchen.
"Baka...." Sakura muttered as she stomped up the stairs to her bedroom. She burst through her door, tossing her book bag towards the bed.
"Stupid Tori. Can't ever leave me alone. He needs to get a life...or a girlfriend...." Sakura muttered as she turned toward her bed. She gulped. There sat Artemis, neatly removing Sakura's book bag from her lap.
"Gomen," Sakura said, taking the book bag from Artemis and throwing it across the room.
"No prob. Tori being a pest again?" Artemis asked, rearranging her long green skirt. Her black nails began to glow with some sort of magical light. Her long hair was pulled into a high ponytail, and as usual, it was dyed some different colour. This time it was bright, bright pink. It hurt Sakura's eyes just looking at it.
"Hai, but that's not unusual. I had a strange dream earlier," Sakura plopped onto her light blue rug.
"Oh? Do tell." Artemis sat down next to her.

When Sakura was done telling her story she glanced at Artemis, who's face was unreadable.
"So?" Sakura asked, propping herself up with her elbows. Artemis shook her head, then opened her mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a sharp knock on the door.
"Dare da?" Sakura asked. The door opened and Tori entered.
"Dinner's done." He glanced around the room. "Who were you just talking to?" He asked.
"My self." Tori slowly nodded and left the room.
"Crazy kid. I think I should call the Tokyo Health Care Center." Sakura made a face and waited until she could hear him downstairs before tuning around, only to find Artemis gone.
"Art? Artemis. It's safe to come out now." Sakura glanced around the room. Kero popped out from under her bed.
"Sorry kid. She left." Sakura sighed and ran out the door and down the stairs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

I can't figure out who this new enemy is." A raven haired girl said, looking up from the fire.
"According to my computer, they are very strong. We may have some difficulties beating them. That's all it says, except, well, they're not all here yet." A shy blue haired girl spoke up.
"Not all here? How many are there?" A blonde cried.
"Ah, I just say we beat them all to a bloody pulp!" A girl with short blonde hair spoke up, slamming her fist on a coffee table for emphasis.
"Yeah, I'm with Blondie." A muscular brunette responded.
"Don't call me that." The short haired blonde said leaning forward.
"Or else what?" The brunette moved forward so they were almost nose-to-nose.
"I'll...."
"That's enough!" A tall green haired girl said, her knee length hair swaying as she jumped off a couch. Everyone was surprised, for this girl rarely spoke, but when she did she was very helpful and wise.
"Yes," A new voice spoke up. Ten girls looked up in surprise at the figure floating before them.
"Artemis," a little pink haired girl said, kneeling. The green haired girl followed in suit, but the other eight just sat there, two of them, the raven haired girl and another blonde, arguing about who was cuter, Marc Blucas from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or Leonardo DiCaprio.
"Marc!" The blonde shouted.
"Leo!" The other shouted.
"Marc!"
"Leo!"
"Marc, definitely." Artemis said, surprising the black-haired girl. The other beamed with pride. "Now both of you shut up. And Setsuna, Rini, please stand up. I hate it when you bow. You should know that by now."
The green haired girl called Setsuna rose slowly, her red eyes sad.
"I fear someone may be learning the Soldiers identities. We cannot have that." Artemis said as she took a seat next to and aqua haired girl.

* * * * * * * *

Sakura was at the bottom of the long flight of stairs again, but this time Li stood next to her, frowning as usual. Sakura began the long climb up, then stopped, getting an idea. She grabbed her key, and pulled it off her neck.
"Key of Clow, power of magic, power of light; release the wand, the force ignite. Release!" Sakura yelled. The tiny key transformed into a staff.
"Fly card! Release you power into this wand! Fly card, release and dispel!" Sakura slammed the staff into the air, and the pink wand grew long white wings. She turned Li.
"Hop on,"
"I...um...ahhhh...I'd...rather walk...." Li responded, going slightly cross-eyed. Sakura sighed and grabbed Li's arm, hauling him onto the now floating staff. Sakura jumped on in front of him, and the quickly flew up to the temple. They jumped off and faced the temple. The nine figures stood there again, the moonlight falling upon them, but their faces hidden. Cherry Blossoms fell to the ground as a soft wind blew by. Then the light appeared again, transforming into Artemis, her long hair fluttering, and her dark wings glowing with a magical light. She glanced at a young woman standing next to her. The woman looked back, then stepped forward. Long, dark green hair fell past her knees. Part of it was pulled up into a neat coil on the top of her head. Her outfit was much like Artemis'. Her skirt was black, as were her collar and the two bows. Her boots were knee length and black, with thick heels on the back. On the bow on her chest sat a dark red heart. She wore a black choker with a little yellow star on it. In one of her gloved hands she held a huge key, with a big red ball on the top. Her facial features were all hidden, except for her glowing red eyes, which seemed to cut through the darkness like a red-hot knife through butter. Her eyes seemed to burn right through Sakura. The woman's eyes were angry, and sad, and yet they somehow seemed friendly.
"Who...who are you?" Sakura asked, turning to Li, who had disappeared. Sakura sighed and turned back to the mysterious woman.
" I am the Guardian of Time, young one. Who are you? In all my years I have never before seen your face." The woman took a step forward, her pink lips shining, and the strange red earings in her ears tinkling. Her eyes stopped glowing.
"I am a Cardcaptor. My name is Sakura." Sakura responded confidently. The woman looked puzzled. She turned to Artemis.
"A what?" the woman asked, turning to Artemis.
"You'll find out." Artemis replied. She turned to Sakura. "Time for you to go, Kura." Sakura looked puzzled. She blinked, but when she opened her eyes she saw a tiny yellow mouse with little white wings floating in front of her.
* * * * * * * *
"Better get going kid, or else your going to be late for school again." The mouse-ish thing said. Sakura threw a pillow at Kero, who easily dodged it. Sakura jumped out of bed, quickly pulling off her pyjama's and yanking on her uniform. She dashed down the stairs, running into the kitchen, not finding anybody. Then it dawned on her. She slowly walked up the stairs, then threw open her bedroom door.
"That was very mean Kero." Sakura said, pulling off her uniform and replacing it with a pair of black jeans and a black Calvin Klein t-shirt.
"What?!" Kero asked, only glancing up from his video game for a split second. A little Pikachu danced across the screen, a Charmander running after it, fire spurting from its mouth.
"It's Saturday," Sakura replied as she pulled and a pair of socks. She stood up and marched to her door. "I'm going for a walk. I'll be back later."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Li was sitting under a huge oak tree in the park, thinking about Sakura.
'I should just tell her I like her....' he thought. He heard a soft 'thud' next to him. He opened his brown eyes, meeting a pair of bright green ones.
"What...or who...are you thinking about? You're blushing. Never mind. I have to tell you about the strange dreams I've been having." Sakura rushed. Li just blushed lightly and nodded. Sakura quickly relayed the events of her dream in class and the one she had last night. Li listened intently, as did the figure hiding in the branches above their heads, its eyes slowing turning from dark green to a red and blue colour. The figure flipped backwards, disappearing.

It reappeared in a very hot room. Eight girls were sweating immensely. Another sat before the flames of a fire, chanting. Not a drop of sweat lay on her face.
"I am flame, flame is light.
I am fire, fire is sight."
The mysterious figure glanced around.
"Holy silver moon, Mars stop it! You'll kill all the girls!" The figure said loudly, waking a purple haired girl. The one called Mars snapped her head around,, her trance broken.
"Artemis!! Goddess, you scared me." The raven haired girl bowed slightly, then stood up. She ushered the girls outside, onto the cement steps of her temple. Cherry Blossoms stuck in their hair as they collapsed onto the cool surface. The tall green haired one nearly fainted, but Artemis held her up.
"Thank-you," she murmured, resting her head on Artemis' shoulder.
"Mars, what the heck were you doing? Never mind, we have other problems. A young girl is somehow begging to learn of the Sailor Scouts identities." The green haired girl suddenly bolted up.
"Set?" A blonde haired girl asked, her hair swaying as she looked at the tall girl. The girl called Set faced Artemis.
"This girl, is she a...card collector...or something?" Her red eyes were wide. Artemis nodded.
"Card Captor, actually. So did you see her in you dream last night, Set?" Set nodded.
"That's how she's learning of you identities. She doesn't mean to, but for some strange reason their coming to her. And I'm afraid I can't prevent them. Sakura, the girl, puts up a block so I cannot access her dreams." Set gulped. Artemis called only Setsuna by her real name. All the others had planetary names. If she ever did call one of the other girls by their real name, she was obviously really mad at them, which was rare.
"I've known Sakura for six years, and I do trust her, but your new enemy seems to look into peoples dreams. They might target her, then discover who you are. Then there would be trouble. I mean, I don't want to start dressing in a little mini skirt and start fighting. Don't you guys get embarrassed when you do that?" Artemis asked sincerely. The girls all frowned.
"Nope." They chorused. Artemis laughed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sakura had left Li sitting under the oak, and continued to wonder around Tokyo. She soon found her self in Juban, an area she had only visited once before, when buying amulets from the temple. She had brought her wallet, so she decided to go buy some more. She wondered past the arcade, when a cute blonde was sweeping the sidewalk. His name tag read 'ANDREW'. Sakura gave him one last glance, then jogged towards the temple.
'I'm gonna have to bring Madison here. I'm sure she'll like to check out that cutie.' Sakura smiled and looked up, towards the temple. She gasped. It was the temple from her dreams! She glanced around. There were too many people to use a card, so Sakura began the long climb up.

Sakura was out of breath by the time she reached the top. She looked around. 'Just like in my dream.' she thought. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a black haired girl appeared before Sakura, a thin piece of paper in her hand. She begun to wave it around.
"Evil spirits, be gone! I curse you! May thou perish at the hands of our great goddess, Artemis. May you be trapped in Tartarus for eternity!" The girl shouted, slapping the piece of paper and Sakura's forehead.
"Raye! Don't!" a voice called out, but it was too late. The voice was the last thing Sakura heard before she blacked out.
****************************************************************** *************************************************