Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Saraba no Tegami ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Saraba no Tegami (Letter of Farewell)

You would think I would have learned the first time.

Silly me, to believe I could compete with the light of the stars.

I can't even say it to your face; that I've given up, that I want to be more than just a substitute. I don't want to see the guilt and pity in your eyes.

I gave up months ago, actually; I packed my bags more times than I can remember right now, even got as far as the door once, but I could never make myself go through with it.

It was so easy to start this, wasn't it? Falling into each other's arms, crying inside over mutual loss; finding sympathy in the body of the only other person who understood. Looking back, it was a very empty beginning.

I thought things had changed. So long we stayed together, becoming closer, and I began to truly love you.

I love you.

But you still have eyes only for her, even though you know you have no chance of being with her.

Why couldn't you just let go? Why couldn't you fall in love with me, instead of holding on to her? Why must I always be in her shadow?

I don't hate her; how could I? She is the embodiment of kindness, selflessness, and friendship. No one hates her. No one could. But I can't help but be bitter; can you blame me?

I suppose it's really more my fault than hers; after all, I'm the baka with the bad habit of falling for people who fall for her.

It doesn't matter now.

By the time you read this, I'll be long gone. Please don't come looking for me, or try to contact me. I'm not saying that we can't be friends, but I need some time before I can face you again; maybe a lot of time.

I hope that someday you'll get over her, and that you'll find someone who makes you as happy as you deserve to be; I just don't have the patience anymore. I'm tired and I'm lonely, and I want to be loved, truly loved, by someone who has eyes only for me.

Saraba, Tomoyo.

Gomen nasai.

Meiling