Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ She Thinks I Don't Know ❯ Touya's POV ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Cardcaptor Sakura isn't mine.
Author's Notes: This is my first attempt at a CCS fanfic, so this won't be mush (....yet....mush is all I'm good at though so it will happen!). Let's see... This POV is of Touya. And its pretty short... Vignette: a short scene. So, this basically is that... to a degree. Also many thanks to PallaPlease, like always, for her help in beta-reading! :)

She Thinks I Don't Know
***

Its kind of funny, you know? My whole life I've played the overprotective brother, the one to rescue her when she makes a mistake. I remember countless incidents when she was younger. Playing outside on the jungle gym, getting a little carried away for her age, trying to do a flip... inside while trying to move a doll house all by herself...
I remember all the good times, too, and I take them nearly with as much pride as her. When she got chosen for the cheerleading team? I was as happy as her, secretly, though. When she brought straight A's home for the first time? I felt like a proud parent. I've been through every little problem, whether she wanted me to know, or not. Now she's keeping secrets from me. She thinks I don't know.
I still remember the first time I figured something was up. It was almost stupid, really. There had been hints along the way, that something was off with her, but I didn't figure it out until I saw her... "stuffed animal" move slightly, the day she was unexplainably sick. Things like that only happen in Science Fiction. An unexplainable sickness that no one can understand. She did understand, though, and she kept that little piece of information from us.
Many times I've seen light bruises on her ankles, or arms, lightly colored, barely visible to a passerby. But I've learned to watch her carefully, look beyond what meets the eye. I first thought they were from the Brat, that Syaoran, but quickly dismissed the idea. They were getting closer, much to my amusement. I didn't really mind, but she's my baby sister. I have to keep everyone around her on their toes. Its part of the unspoken agreement. Hurt Sakura and you die.
I once overheard Sakura talking to herself. She was talking lightly, muttering in anger. The name 'Kero-chan' had come up multiple times. I thought she had maybe fallen asleep, but sometimes, the name could be heard whenever something went wrong in town -- or when someone got hurt. So I know its not talking in her sleep... She thinks I don't know.
I've talked to Yukito sometimes about this. About how I know Sakura is keeping secrets from me, from him, from probably everyone. He tells me not to worry about it. If she needs me, she'll come. I just nod, follow the advice, and continue to be oblivious. To make her believe that I don't know.
Sometimes, though... I hate that she feels like she has to lie to me. How many times can the excuse of "I have to meet Tomoyo-chan at the park!" work? Or something of the similar lines? I ignore it, or try to. I know I annoy her at times, with the constant "Monster!" sarcasm, but I can't help it... I don't want her to see the real me... Face it, I'd never live through it.
She still thinks I don't know, even months after pushing herself to all her limits. The Brat watches out for her when I can't, or when she won't let me. I continue to ignore the exhausted looks she musters sometimes at night. She thinks I don't know.