Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Spellbound ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* Syaoran's Place *
 
Syaoran hid his glee as he watched the clan elders. He had done what they believed to be impossible. Syaoran had not only mastered the fighting arts, he had created numurous new moves which no one else could even attempt. The elders knew that even if they were all to fight him at once, he would still beat them, and he wouldn't even break a sweat. At last one of the elders spoke to him, "Although you have mastered the fighting arts," he told Syaoran, "you do not yet have the ability to take control of this clan." Syaoran was shocked, he had become the best fighter in the history of the clan, what more could they want? "You have still to master your magic," he continued, "until you have learnt that, you will never be clan leader." Syaoran spoke to his mother about what the clan elders had told him. "Unfortunately there is no one in the clan skilled enough to train you," she replied, "I'm afraid you'll have to study that abroad," with that she left him to his thoughts.
 
* Tomoyo's Place *
 
Tomoyo heard the doorbell ring and flew down the stairs, knowing who would be waiting for her on the other side.She opened the door, preparing to leap into Eriol's arms when she realised who was standing infront of her. "Hi," said Tomoyo, "uh...Li!" Tomoyo was shocked to find Syaoran standing on her doorstep, she had always thought he liked Sakura. "Um," Syaoran started shakily, "have you seen Sakura around?" Tomoyo beamed, she knew how much Syaoran had loved Sakura, but she had always feared that love would die when he left, now she realised that it had infact grown stronger and deeper then ever. "I'm afraid you won't find her here," said a familiar voice behind him. Syaoran turned to face Eriol. Eriol noted the confussion on Syaoran's face, "She left for a boarding school abroad a few years ago and hasn't returned since." Syaoran's head fell, he had pleaded with his mother to take allow him to have a few weeks holiday in Japan before continuing onto a school to teach him the magic he needed to rule the Li clan. He had meant to use this time to tell Sakura how he felt about her.
 
Tomoyo ushered everyone inside to sit and talk. Both Eriol and Tomoyo wondered why the Li clan had allowed him time to visit Japan when he was still training to become clan leader. "I finished my martial ats training, mastered it actually," Syaoran told them both proudly, "but I'm still yet to master my magic, and until I do, I can't take the clan, and no one in the clan has the skill to teach me." Eriol nodded, he knew that to be a clan leader you needed to wield both steel and wand, but that still didn't explain what Syaoran was doing here. "I'm actually on the way to a school for magic," he told them. Tomoyo suddenly found herself wishing that Syaoran would be studing with Sakura. "I think my mother said something about America," Continued Syaoran, "so that's where Hope and I are headed." Tomoyo's hopes fell, knowing that Sakura was in London. "Hope?" asked Eriol. wondering if this was him trying to get something about Sakura off his chest. "Yeah," replied Syaoran as he held out his arm for a large phoenix to land, "Hope," as he pointed to the phoenix.
 
* At the Dursleys' *
 
Ami had a more relaxed holiday this time. She spent most of her time cleaning the house, because Harry was far to taken with the sorrow of losing his godfather. She finally realised how she could help him. Ami sat Harry down and told him how she lost her only love, because she never had the courage to tell him how much she loved him. Ami saw that seeing how happy she was now comforted him some what, but she knew that it didn't take his pain away. She knew that he would have to live with this pain for the rest of his life.
 
A month into the holidays, Eriol returned to London and sought Ami out. After what had happened at the end of last year, he didn't want to leave her alone for too long. He met up with Harry and Ami as they made their way to the Order's Headquarters, Sirius's house. They spent the remainder of the holidays within its safe walls, cooking and cleaning. At last the holidays were almost over and it was time to buy their things for the next school year.
 
Ami and Eriol walked to a clothing store in Diagon Alley. In the past year, Ami had turned into a woman, and her old pjyamas just couldn't hold her breasts anymore (they had grown quite alot over the past year). She also realised that she would need new school robes for the year. On the way back to the Leaky Cauldron they stopped at the Quidditch store (both Eriol and Ami had decided to at least try for the Gryffindor Quidditch team this time), and the pet shop. Eriol was sick of having to use the school owls to send letters to Tomoyo, he wanted an owl of his own. While Eriol walked along the rows of owl cages, Ami wandered around the store. A glimmer of light caught her eye and she slowly walked towards its source. There she saw it, a tiny, silver-grey wolf pup, with tiny lightning bolts playing over his fur. She stuck one long, dainty finger through the cage. The pup immeadiately started to growl and bare its teeth at her. A shop assistant came up behind her, "I'd walk away from that one if I were you," he told her, "he's very hostile that little pup." Ami ignored the assistant and opened the cage. she stretched one arm into the cage and let the pup sniff her fingers briefly before she began scratching him behind his ears. The pup began to lick her fingers and Sakura was painfully reminded of her Syaoran. She quickly withdrew her hand, closed the cage and was about to turn away when she heard the pup's low whine. she stared into his miserable face, and realised that she couldn't bare to leave him behind. She had turned her back on her feelings for Syaoran and had regretted ever since, she couldn't bring herself to do it to this pup.
 
Eriol and Ami walked out of the pet shop with a cage each. Eriol's containing a black owl with tiny white flecks in her feathers he had named Stardust, Ami's holding the silvery wolf pup she'd named shadow. If Eriol thought that Ami's new pet had anything to do with her feelings for Syaoran, he kept it to himself. The wolf, true to his name, refused to let Ami out of his sight, and would face down anything to protect her.
 
Finally it was the first of September, which meant everyone was scurrying about trying to get to the station before the Hogwarts Express left for Hogwarts. Ami and her friends took their usual compartment on the train and pulled out thier new books to begin reading. Malfoy seemed to have learnt his lesson, because he didn't even make an appearance for the whole journey. The welcome feast was as good as every other year, and before long, Ami and the now-sixth-year boys went up to their dormitory to practise their magic and fighting skills.
 
Ami caught up with Harry on sunday morning to ask a favour, "Harry," she whispered, "I...I was thinking of trying out for the Quidditch team this year...as a chaser, could you help me train for it?" Harry smiled, Ami was a fantastic flyer, and her co-ordination and timing was so good, it was bordering on pre-cognition. He guessed it was from all the fighting she did. He also knew that as the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain, he could garentee her a place on the team. "It would be an honour my dear lady," he replied.
 
* Hogwarts Grounds *
 
That afternoon Ami and Harry made their way down to the quidditch pitch, with Shadow at their heels. Harry and Ami flew aroundpassing the Quaffle to each other, doing some of the more advanced Chaser techniques he'd seen Alicia, Katie and Angelina doing in previous years. Ami managed them all with perfect accuracy. Ami felt like they'd only been playing for a few minutes when Harry told her it was time for dinner. Touching down on the pitch, Ami realised that night had fallen. Where had all the time gone?
 
* The Great Hall *
 
While Ami and Harry were practising Quidditch, a new boy had arrived at Hogwarts. He was a late enrolment, but he would be joining the sixth-year boys. Everybody watched as Kai FireStorm place the Sorting Hat on his head. after a moment's silence. GRYFFINDOR. Kai stood, and placed the hat back on the stool before sitting at the Gryffindor table, right next to..."Eriol!" Kai exclaimed, "what are you doing here?" Eriol simply stared at the boy, there was no mistaking his messy brown hair and amber eyes, or the Phoenix that sat on his shoulder. "Hello Syaoran," Eriol replied, "I thought you were going to America to study magic?" Syaoran nodded his head, "so did I," he replied, "I got to America, only to get a message from mother that she'd heard that Hogwarts was better." Eriol nodded, he knew Hogwarts was one of the best schools for magic there was. "So why the name change?" Eriol asked. Syaoran stared up into Eriol's eyes, "becuase the Li clan is a powerful clan, which means its known by many people," he gazed at the ceiling, "I just didn't want the sort of attention the name would attract." Eriol laughed, "so, my cute little descendant, you chose a name that would stand out even more!" Syaoran's cheeks flushed, "Don't call me that!" Eriol simply smiled, he wouldn't call Syaoran that, if was going to be far more fun to watch him realise who else was staying at Hogwarts.
 
Ami and Harry entered the Gret Hall, broomsticks overs their shoulders. They spied Ron and Hermoine and decided to eat dinner with them. Ami was a little late finishing her dinner, so she told the others to go upstairs without her and she'd catch them up.
 
* The Boys' Dormitory *
 
Eriol introduced 'Kai' to the rest of the boys in their dorm, then left Kai to unpack his things while the others began to stretch. The door opened, and a girl with long black hair walked in, wearing a black singlet tee which didn't quite reach her belly button and black pants which rested on her hips. Her tattoo of a wolf cub on her back, just above the right hip was clearly visible. A silver wolf pup ran to Eriol's bed and curled up, ready to watch his mistress kick some major male butt. "You're late," Eriol remarked, his gaze taking in Kai staring avidly at Ami . "Sorry," she replied," Malfoy and his gang decided to play." All the Boys except Kai knew what that meant. Eriol gave her a questioning glance. "So I kicked his prefect butt through a wall, after that the others didn't seem to feel like playing." Eriol chuckled, as did the others, all knowing from their own experiences what Ami could do if she wanted to. "By the way," Eriol said as he grabbed Ami's arm and led her towards Kai , "this is Kai FireStorm." Ami stared at Kai, there was something familiar about him, "Kai, this is Ami DragonHeart." Kai stared into her green eyes, they seemed to glow with an innoscence he'd only ever seen in one other person, his own true love, Ami . Kai stretched his hand out, Ami grasped it in her own and gave him a firm handshake. Kai then introduced his phoenix to the group, and Ami introduced Storm and Shadow to Kai. Eriol and Harry then cleared the floor to prepare for their nightly excersize, before turning to Ami. She sighed, "Not just yet," she told them, "I want to read this first," as she held up a letter, "You can read it after if you want Eriol." Eriol took one glance at her eyes and realised that it was from Touya and Yukito. He watched as she sat down by the door and began to read, trying to hold back the tears which stung her eyes. Kai spent the time while the other boys fought to unpack his things, his bed was the one closest to the door. Kai finished packing as Ami finished her letter. Kai stood up and turned around to stretch his tired muscles, as Ami stood to pass the letter to Eriol.
 
Neville and Dean were sparring, Neville took aim and shot a curse at Dean, but since Dean had better reflexes, he dodged the beam. Ami and Kai noticed the rogue spell at the same time, although Kai realised that the spell was coming for him. Kai knew he wouldn't be able to dodge in time, and Ami knew she couldn't deflect it. Kai braced himself for the inevitable, but it never came, instead a painful cry sounded next to him. Kai opened hi eyes to see a large, black, leathery wing infront of him, with quite a bad tear in it. The fine membrane that surrounded the tear was badly burnt. Kai's gaze flowed from the wing to what it belonged to. He was shocked to find that it was Ami's. Pain marred her face as she withdrew her dragon wings back into her body. While she could use certain elements of the dragons' powers, she still hadn't learnt anything about their resistance to magic, and in her desparation to save Kai she had used the only thing that could stretch the distance, her delicate wings. Kai raced to her while she swayed on the spot, catching her in his arms before she hi tthe floor.
 
Kai bent over her and noticed that her back was becoming increasingly damper. Placing her on his bed on her stomach, he realised that a new wound had opened on her back, and was bleeding quite heavily. The boys rushed over to her. Eriol gently slid her top off the wound, but before he could place his fingers on it, a pink-tinged-silvery light blossomed over it, and it closed itself.Eriol hadn't realised until now, the effects that being a Beast Rider would have over her magic. Ami's usually bright pink magic had been steadily becoming more silvery, but it seemed now that Ami had become more Beast Rider then Cards Mistress. Eriol knew that she didn't know how to heal herslef, but he surmised that her body's need for it pulled the magic out of her. Shadow whined and licked her back where the wound had been, as if he was trying to kiss it better. Harry pulled her shirt back down, then turned her over. Denied of his access to her back, Shadow began to lick her cheek. A smile crept onto her soft lips as she scrunched up her face against his tongue, before giggling helplessly. Her eyes fluttered open, and she slowly pulled herself up into a sitting position. "I feel like I've been trampled by a Hippogrif," she proclaimed. Neville hung his head in shame, "I didn't mean to hit you," he whimpered. Ami smiled groggily at him before beckoning him to come closer. She pulled him into a hug, "don't be," she told him, "I'm so proud of you." Neville gave her a questioning stare. "Part of what I've been teaching you, among other things," she answered, "is how to defend and attack. Now, if that had been aimed at a Death Eater, he would've been in serious trouble." She gave him one of her famous, heart-warming, innocent smiles. Neville's face fell even more, his eyebrows knitted together, "but I could've killed you!" Ami almost laughed, "but you didn't," she pointed out, "and it's going to take a lot more then that to get rid of me!" A cheeky grin found its way onto her lips, "now go to bed and stop fussing about me." Eriol handed her a small vial of potion to stop her head from pounding, before making her drink a goblet of water. Ami only managed to drink half the water before falling asleep, the magical workings finally taking their toll on her. Eriol gingerly picked her limp form up and carried her over to her matress beside his bed, tucking her in for the night before climbing into his own bed.