Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Star Sanctity ❯ Chapter X ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Star Sanctity

Chapter X

by: the Lioness

I do not own any CSS or SW material, I think you all know that by now.

Sakura sat crossed legged on the moss, closing her eyes. She threw out her dark Force energy, seeing everything through it. She scanned the area, no danger signs…yet.

Sakura felt a suddenly tickling in the back of her mind…

Sakura gently probed…Someone…was…right…BEHIND HER! In the blink of an eye Sakura rolled to the right and was on her feet, lightsaber ignited. Sweeping her lightsaber in a crescent arch, Sakura was guarded and ready. It was then that she got a good look at who had surprised her. It was a boy about her age with chestnut hair, wearing a rebel flightsuit.

"What do you want, rebel?" Sakura sneered.

"I could ask the same for you," was the cold answer. His pair of amber eyes were as cold as Canfik's winters.

"You don't know who you're talking to, if you did, you'd show some more respect," Sakura's eyes flashed a dangerous ice -green.

"And whom am I talking to, besides the obvious fact that it's a mere girl," was the calm reply.

Sakura's anger flared up. Who did this rebel think he was? "I'm Sakura Kinomoto, or more widely known as 'Black 2'. And who do I have the…pleasure…of addressing?"

"Syaoran Li," was the curt reply.

"Prepare to meet the dark side, Syaoran Li!" with that Sakura jumped toward the rebel, using her lightsaber to enhance the dark net she was spreading over him.

Suddenly, Sakura's lightsaber was repelled and she was washed in blinding, pure white light and-surprisingly-happiness. It lasted only for a moment and when the light and happiness vanished, she was enshrouded in her own black will again. She recovered in time to see her lightsaber flying above her head and into the forest, deactivating as it went. The rebel was no where in sight.

Sakura slowly closed her eyes again, letting the dark side of the Force flow through her, guiding her movements. Sakura suddenly sensed something, quickly she dropped and rolled as the rebel suddenly jumped down from above. Sakura recovered and jumped up, kicking him in mid-air. Syaoran crashed back into the surrounding foliage. Sakura landed on her feet, while Syaoran quickly recovered and attacked. Sakura blocked the rebel expertly as she swung her gun up to fire. The two grappled over the blaster. Sakura elbowed Syaoran hard in the face while she judo flipped him over on his back. Syaoran hit the ground hard but rapidly recovered as Sakura moved to attack. Sakura's blaster was lost in the process.

Syaoran ducked and managed to trap Sakura's foot. He spun Sakura in mid air and brought her down hard. Sakura retaliated with a swift kick to the rebel's head, knocking him back. Syaoran stumbled as Sakura quickly got to her feet. Syaoran rolled up to his knees, and aimed with a hidden blaster that he always kept with him. Sakura managed to barely leap over the blasts and onto Syaoran's shoulders, pummeling him, then flipped herself back and over, flipping the rebel over onto his back, his blaster skidding into the surrounding darkness. Syaoran quickly rolled to his feet and moved in to attack, chopping at Sakura's head, who blocked it. Syaoran ducked a swing from Sakura and grabbed her around the midriff. He swept her bodily off her feet and flipped her over, bringing her down hard over her bent knee. Sakura was momentarily stunned as Syaoran spun and threw her bodily. Sakura landed and skidded over the damp moss. Then she came to a halt and spotted something: her lightsaber.

Stretching out her hand, she called her lightsaber to her. It flew to her and she deftly caught it. Quickly she got to her feet, activating her lightsaber on the way. She pointed the ruby red tip at the rebel cautiously.

"Surrender, rebel," Sakura said menacingly.

"No," was the calm reply.

"Then die!" with that Sakura arched her lightsaber down in the first part of the crescent drill. With a thunderous crack, the red energy of her blade met another blade, this time green. Sakura looked up, startled. "So you have a lightsaber, why didn't you use it before?"

"I have my reasons." The rebel executed a perfect spiral jab, immediately putting Sakura on the defense. Sakura quickly retaliated, arching her lightsaber again and finishing the crescent drill. She immediately followed up with a triple stroke, pushing her opponent back three paces. Then Syaoran quickly brought his lightsaber down. Sakura managed a sufficient block. That was all the time he needed; Syaoran jabbed down while quickly flicking the tip up. If Sakura had been any less opened to the Force at that moment, her lightsaber's handle would have been a smoldering mess. But she jumped back at the last second and Syaoran's blade missed its mark. They battled on as it grew darker; lightsabers, their light and the Force; their sight.

Sygnif Darkim was in a good mood, his apprentice's plan had worked with satisfying results. Now the rebels were back where they should be.

Suddenly the Dark Lord's mood darkened, his apprentice had not returned yet. Darkim knew she was alive, the Force had not rippled with her death.

Abruptly, Darkim felt a being open up to the Force with surprising rage. He smiled behind his mask, it was his apprentice. Yet there was something else, something that he had not felt in a long, long time…the light side of the Force.

The Sygnif Lord abruptly turned to Admiral Koas. "Prepare my ship."

Darkim's ship flew silently in space, like a black carrion-eating bird; like a nightmare insect. Darkim stared out of the viewport into the infinite darkness, probing for his apprentice. Finally when the ship appeared above a lush, green planetoid, the Sygnif Lord ordered his ship to a halt.

Sakura swung a hard blow to Syaoran's left, feeling her arm jar a little as the rebel blocked her expertly. They had been going on like that for how long, Sakura didn't know. It could have been a few minutes or years. All she knew was that she was tiring steadily-though she fought hard not to show it-and the rebel didn't give a sign that he was any different then when he had started.

Suddenly, Sakura realized, for the first time, that she might not win. The rebel was beyond her level. Instead of the onrushing anger that she had hoped to feel, she only felt she had failed.

Sakura struck out another blow. Syaoran blocked partially, letting Sakura's blade just graze his. That left a few seconds opening. With inhuman speed, Syaoran hit the handle of Sakura's lightsaber with his own as hard as he could. Combined with the momentum of his swing and the Force, Sakura's lightsaber flew out of her hand…

End Notes: Okay, okay, I'm extremely sorry for taking so long to post on Media Miner. I was really busy. On top of that I started school. Actually, I had finished this earlier, but I thought it was extremely bad so I deleted it. Anyway, this was suppose to be a lot longer, but I didn't have the time and I didn't want to keep you guys waiting any longer so I just cut it short.

I know this chapter didn't quite make sense, but I promise in the next chapter all of Syaoran's thoughts will be explained.

Again, I apologize for taking so long and making this chapter so short. (It's not great either).

Thank yous to Kirei Miko, Otaku-hime, and Chen-chen for reviewing.

September 2, 2001

the Lioness