Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Star ❯ Darkness ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Star ~ Chapter 1 ~ Darkness

It was a horrible, dark, nightmare. That place in her dream was glowing some sort of evil. The faint, dark visions flashed across her mind's magical eyes, terrifying her with pictures of things to come. Images too gruesome to be seen by human eyes.

Although she couldn't see the blurry pictures clearly, she could make out a dark light.

Strange...

Light should be... light... bright... good...

This light was a dark, evil, reddish-black. Its energy level was intense. IT was powerful... and evil...

The light flickered and flared.

And she was afraid.

Curious, she sent out a light pink band of her magic. She didn't dare send too much; only a small, thin band. The pink ribbon extended slowly and gently touched the dark spot of light. Both her magic and the light flamed up uncontrollably.

The pain was unbearable. As the fire burned, slowly eating away her life, she opened her mouth to scream. Nothing came out.

"My child," a sweet, but evil voice said, "You are destined... destined..."

Sakura screamed. Her voice ringing through empty space.

~~ ~~~

The young junior-highschooler scooped up a spoonful of her oatmeal and absently sent it to her mouth. She muttered thoughtfully to herself about the properties and characteristics of the power in her dream. She hadn't told Kero-chan yet. She wanted to figure this out first.

"Black," she muttered decidedly under her breath, "with an evil tinge of dark-red," She tapped her spoon against the edge of her bowl, "... heart," she punctuated the words decidedly with accented clinks of her spoon against her bowl, "... extreme, intense heat," she winced, remembering the pain, "and it burned!" She banged her spoon extra hard against the bowl, nearly knocking it over, "Dark..." She quickly examined her magic. It was bruised-- bits of it were a darker pink than usual, "Very evil..." She stopped banging at her bowl, for which her father and brother breathed a brief sigh of relief together thankfully, "I wonder what it is..."

(Sherry: That was a REALLY long sentence...)

She stood up abruptly, tossing her spoon into her bowl. I'm full," she announced, "I'm going to leave for school."

She stuffed her feet in her shiny black shoes and ran out the door.

"Bye!" Touya said, much too late for her to hear. Fujitaka was heard chuckling softly.

"Honestly," Touya muttered to Fujitaka as he stuffed his lunch into his backpack, "I know her magic is highly advanced... but..." He shook his head empathetically. This was too much for him and his pride.

"If it was anyone else," Fujitaka smiled warmly, "I'd worry," he said quietly, "but as long as it's Sakura, there will be no problem."

"Ja ne, Otou-san," Touya smiled.

"Ja ne," Fujitaka answered, "My son..." and he turned to stare at the picture of Nadeshiko.

He had a feeling something unusual was about to happen.

~~ ~~~

"Morning," Sakura muttered absently to Rika, who was rather disappointed as well as confused at this unenthusiastic reply to her rather cheery greeting.

"Good morning Sakura-chan!" Tomoyo smiled softly, out there was a hint of worry in her blue-violet eyes.

Sakura finally snapped out of her day-nightmare and smiled, "Good morning, Tomoyo-chan."

"Is something worrying you?" Tomoyo asked, concerned, as well as staring at Syaoran, beckoning him to ask as well.

"I hope no new powers broke out," he muttered, "We finally have some peace..." He scowled at the though of being disturbed again.

"Nothing's bothering me," Sakura decided not to worry them. She was the Cards Mistress.

And she would solve this problem on her own.

~~ ~~~

Syaoran stared at the back of Sakura's head. But Sakura had shielded her mind. She rarely shielded her mind, since she loves and trust him.

But it was different this time-- there was something on her mind she didn't want him to know. What was wrong? Something bothered her, and she didn't want to tell him. That hurt. After all they'd been through together...

He snapped out of his day dream and into reality just in time to hear the sensei dismiss them. He hoped the sensei didn't notice. But...

"Li Syaoran," he said presently, "A moment," so the sensei did notice....

Syaoran groaned. He hadn't meant to drift off like that.

"Sakura-chan is hiding something from you, Li-kun," Tomoyo demanded, "Do you have any idea what it is?

Syaoran frowned, "No, I can't believe she shielded her mind from me like that."

"Don't worry, Li-kun," Tomoyo comforted, "she has her own reasons for doing so, and I'm sure she'll tell you soon."

"Yeah," Syaoran managed to squeeze out a smile, something he rarely did, "I'm sure she will."

~~~~~

Deep in the secrecy of her room, Sakura meditated. She searched her magic for traces of the evil energy, hoping to find a trace that would lead her to some answers to questions she had, and found none.

Someone rapped at the window. It was Kero-chan.

I can't afford to break off my meditation now!

She raised her left hand while keeping her right hand on her pool of magic, steadying its energy. Drawing out a small portion of what power she could, she began shielding her room.

Kero-chan saw what she tried to do, and stopped her while heavily shielding the room with his own energy. Sakura nodded her appreciation and concentrated on her work again.

~~ ~~~

Yukito opened his door.

"Hm?" Was he seeing correctly? A... golden... stuffed animal flying.. wings.. Yuki was very confused indeed.

"Please return to your true form, Yue," Kero stared at Yuki intently as snow white wings covered him.

~~ ~~~

Beads of sweat dripped down Sakura's forehead. She felt a faint red power somewhere. The problem was where. Its creator didn't shield its existence, but shielded its location.

She tried to find further clues to the power's location, to no avail. The power was easily detected, but she was baffled by its location.

Then she saw a dark light with her magical eyes (inner eyes, etc). It was identical to the one in her dream. Shielding her magic first, she used her pink magic to reach towards that light.

Just... a little bit ... closer... She bit her lips and beckoned her magic to move on.

Suddenly, her shield was no more. The intense heat burned her.

This time, it hurt even to move. She fainted.

~~ ~~~

Syaoran banged on her window, "Damn! It's shielded!"

A few minutes ago he felt a big felt in his magic-- something had happened to Sakura.

He reached out with his own green magic. It was a combination of Ceberus' and Yue's magic. That means that, although his powers were stronger that Cerberus', and his powers were stronger than Yue's, Yue's and Ceberus' powers combined was more powerful than his alone.

He tried to bust the shield with his magic anyways. It didn't work.

"Hey Kid-Priest!" Ceberus and Yue were flying towards, "What'cha doing here?"

"TAKE OFF THIS DAMN SHIELDING SPELL!"

Ceberus snorted, "What do you think we came to do?"

In just a few seconds, the shield was gone and Syaoran was tending to Sakura, who was still unconscious.

He examined her and found out that although she had received no physical damage, her physical and magical energy was drained out, and her magic was damaged. He thanked his ancestors that it wasn't permanent and shoved some of his magic into her. Her pink magic mixed with the green and turned brown where it was damaged.

"Won't her magic reject yours?" Ceberus asked with superiority, apparently annoyed.

Syaoran found the time and energy to glare at Ceberus briefly, "No."

Ceberus glared back, "Hmph." But he let Syaoran work.

The forest green magic of Syoaran slowly blended in with the pink, and became Sakura's own pink magic.

~~ ~~~

"But..." Tomoyo bit her lip, "but.. will Sakura-chan be alright?"

"Yes," Syaoran hoped so, "she, er... just needs a few days' rest from school. That's all."

"Okay..."

"I'm going to visit her today," Syaoran said thoughtfully, "why don't you come along?"

Tomoyo thought for a minute, "Are you sure you want me to come along?" Maybe Sakura-chan would want to be alone with Li-kun.

"Sakura would want you to come," Syaoran smiled; it was obvious what was going on in Tomoyo's mind (that is a rare luxury for Syaoran, who can never seem to penetrate anyone's mind).

"Really?" Tomoyo's eyes were ridiculously starry and hopeful.

"Really," Syaoran reassured.

~~ ~~~

"Li-kun!" Takashi called out, "Rika, Chiharu and I are going to that new shop..."

"A really nice one!" Rika smiled.

"I heard the Chinese tapioca is really good!" Chiharu taunted. Everyone knew Syaoran missed the delicious tapioca back in Hong Kong.

"No," Syaoran smiled, "I'm going to visit Sakura with Tomoyo today."

"Oh," Chiharu nudged Rika with her elbow, and whispered," We all know that tapioca, chocolate, and dim sum put together couldn't beat Sakura-chan!" And the girls broke into hopeless giggles.

Syaoran, of course, was very red by now, and stuttered something inaudible.

"That reminds me," Yamazaki smiled, Syaoran thought that smile was suspiciously familiar... as if... as if...

"Girls, quiet down," Takashi continued, "Tapioca started when a man in the United States from China though that rice and marinated vegetables were too dull...."

"Lies, Takashi! Lies!" Chiharu dragged him off by his ear.

"But is it true?" Syaoran asked, confused.

Tomoyo shrugged, "Probably not."

~~ ~~~

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang cheerfully.

"Coming!" Touya walked to the door, annoyed that he was interrupted from his studies.

He opened the door, "It's The Brat," he half-said to himself.

Briefly, he and Syaoran had a glaring contest (Syaoran won), but he let Syaoran and Tomoyo in.

"Sakura-chan!" Tomoyo exclaimed, rushing to sit by Sakura-chan's side on her bed, "You look so pale!"

"Oww!"

"Huh?" Tomoyo wore a very confused expression/ sweat drop.

"Mmph Hmpph mm mmn!"

Tomoyo gingerly lifted herself from the comforter (a pink cherry blossom pattern), and then lifted the comforter.

"You sat on me!" a very swirly-eyed Kero-chan repeated indignantly.

"Gomen..." a very big sweat drop slid down the side of her head.

"Ahem!" Syaoran coughed, breaking an awkward silence, "Are you feeling better, Sakura?"

"Yes," Sakura did look pale, "But I had another dream last night..."

"And?"

"And he left me this..." she held up a thin silver chain with a beautiful clear crystal pendant.

"He?" Syaoran frowned.

"Clow-san."

--------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes: Hi!! I'm so very, terribly, horribly, sorry that I haven't written for ever so long! But here is a nice, new, long fanfic just for you! The entire inspiration for this new series came from the name of a street I was in-line skating on. IT expanded from a piece we're playing in Pasadena Youth Symphony (it'll be mentioned in later chapters) and Wish's fanfic (www.geocities.com/wishluv)

So I give thanks to Mr. Meyers (conductor of PYSO) and Sarah (Wish).

Also, umm... thanks to... some guy from school for editing this for me...

(Sherry, typing away... : Aww! No thanks to me for typing it out??? I'm HURT! ... =D... Not REALLY...)