Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Renewing Trusts ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Aug 03-Dec 03

Title: Starting Over Series #10

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: Touya + Yukito/Yue

Warnings: Angst, sap, pesky guy/girl, violence, whatever

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Sequel to When You Lose Hope

Renewing Trusts

The room was dark and felt slightly cool. Turning over onto his side Touya moaned and shifted again. His whole body hurt from his fight earlier and not even the soft bed helped. It had been four hours ago since Kero and Sakura had brought him home. His sister and the stuffed animal had patched him together, drugged him, and sent him to bed. It had felt nice to be comforted by someone but the person he wanted the most had not come. He wondered what Yue was going to do to Ryu and hoped it was not something pleasant. Getting out of bed, he stood up and took a few cautious steps forward.

"Should you even be out of bed Touya? I don't think the mistress will be to happy about that and neither will my brother."

Whirling around, he would have fallen if not for the warm arms that caught him. Leaning into the embrace he let out a tired sigh before gazing up. Cold silver eyes regarded him thoughtfully and he knew that he still had to resolve some issues. Squaring his shoulders, Touya took a few steps back and was relieved that he didn't still feel faint.

"I know that Yue but I don't need them to go the bathroom."

The Moon Guardian cocked an eyebrow at that but didn't say anything. Closing his eyes for a moment, Touya took a deep breath and decided to say what needed to be said.

"Look Yue about Kaho and that kiss…."

"No Touya I don't want to hear it."

"But."

"No! Leave it be Touya."

They both glared at each other for a minute and then glanced away.

Yue closed his eyes and wrapped his arms more tightly around him. A part of him did want to hear what the other had to say but the other side didn't. What if Touya told him to his face that he liked Kaho more and not him? Or possible that he liked women only and not men? Too many situations were running around in his head and it was so hard to think.

Touya glanced up off the floor and gazed across at the guardian. He could tell something was bothering the other by the way he held himself. Narrowing his eyes in determination, he stalked across the room and grabbed Yue by the shoulders. Silver eyes opened in shock and then glared back at him in anger.

"Let me go Touya!"

"Not until you hear my side of the story first!"

The two of them began to struggle and then loosing there balance fell over. Touya let out a low moan as his back and head slammed into the ground. It felt like everything in his body was exploding in pain and it hurt to move. He could feel Yue land across his hurt ribs and tried to stifle a shriek of agony. Opening one brown eye he looked down at the angel and tentatively encircled him in his arms. He didn't want the other trying to escape and this was a sure way to keep him there.

Yue felt all the air rush out of him as he fell across the other boy. He felt Touya's in drawn breath and knew that he hurt himself in the fall. Feeling arms encircle him, he growled angrily and tried to rise. The arms around him tightened and he couldn't get up.

"Touya, let go."

"No. Please Yue let me explain and then afterwards I will let you go ok?"

Thinking it over, Yue knew that Touya wouldn't let him go free until he said his piece. The only problem was that he didn't know if he wanted to hear it.

[I think we should let him explain Yue and perhaps then we will at least know why he did it.]

Sighing softly he knew that Yukito was right and that it was better to know why then to guess for eternity.

"Alright Touya I will hear what you have to say."

Closing his eyes in relief he let out a sigh and was thankful. Touya released Yue and the two sat up. Gazing at the wall, Touya took a calming breath and collected his thoughts.

"To start with at one time I did love her but that soon fell apart after she left me. For a time I didn't think I could ever feel that way again and then that started to change when I first met you."

Yue's eyes widened and he blinked in surprise. He hadn't been excepting that confession and something inside of him became warm.

"As more time went on I knew that you made me feel something and I still needed to resolve a whole lot of past issues. I didn't want to get involved with you until I had settled all that and could give myself to you whole heartedly."

Touya glanced over and noticed that the guardian's attention was focused on him. It was hard to admit all this since he was a private person but if he wanted Yue and Yukito to understand then he needed to do this.

"And when Kaho appeared and kissed me, I was more confused then ever. I mean I knew that I was starting to fall for you and to have her come along and do this through me for a loop. It took me a while to come to a decision and then I decided to act on it. And that is the reason I kissed her once more was to just be sure if there was anything left between us."

"And is there Touya?"

The two locked eyes for a moment and then Touya smiled. It was the gentlest and warmest smile the other had ever given the moon guardian.

"No Yue, I don't feel anything for her any longer and I never will."

Yue blinked in surprise and stood up. It was just too much information to deal with right now and he still needed to figure it out. He watched as the other boy's face fell and smiled sadly. Crouching down Yue grasped the other's chin and raised his face.

"But I do believe you Touya and thank you for telling me. For now I think that's its best if we part, because I need to think things through."

Touya sighed softly and nodded. He understood what the other was trying to say but it still hurt. Brown eyes widened in surprise when he felt cool lips brush his own. Yue stood up and walked over towards the window. Opening it he paused for a moment and gazed back at the other boy. Smiling in reassurance, he leaped out the window and flew home. Touya watched him go and could only hope that things would work out okay.

*

A crescent moon hung over head and the stars shone brilliantly. It was a beautiful night but the boy on the roof ignored it. For the past week he had been thinking and couldn't come up with anything. His other half was barely any help and was just as confused.

[Do you think we did the right thing?]

[What do you mean?]

Yukito sighed softly and shifted positions.

[I mean we ran away from Touya and didn't leave him any hope. By now he probably thinks we rejected him and haven't forgiven him at all.]

[That is true, but can we really trust him again?]

The two fell silent and gazed back up at the moon. Clouds slowly rolled across the sky and lightening streaked overhead. It was going to rain soon and brought a sense of melancholy to them.

"Forgive him."

Yukito started in surprise and sat up. Kero sat floated a few feet away and was regarding them thoughtfully. He could tell that they were surprised that their brother had snuck up on them. But then again they had been distracted and not paying attention.

"Hello Kero what are you doing here?"

The sun guardian ignored this and glared at them. "Stop beating around the bush and forgive the boy. It was a horrible mistake and he deeply regrets it, so why are you still dragging it out?"

Yukito heard Yue growl angrily and heard him ask to switch places. Nodding in reply, he smiled apologetically at Kero before vanishing in a white light. When it cleared, Yue glared angrily at his brother and snorted.

"Because I am afraid to trust him again Kero. Afraid to offer him my heart once more and have it broken a second time."

"Yes but in the end do you really want to give him up at all? He is your best friend and someone you love deeply. Are you going to throw it all away because of one mistake that will never be repeated?" Kero all but snarled at him.

Yue opened his mouth but then snapped it shut. He was angry that his brother was butting in and wished he would leave him alone. The words were ringing true and he didn't want to hear it yet.

Kero sighed and gazed over at him sadly. If his next words didn't get the other moving then nothing would.

"Do you know that he isn't eating properly or sleeping right? That he believes you do not forgive him and he lost his chance with you?"

Silver eyes looked at Kero in surprise. "But I have forgiven him, I just need time to figure it all out and decide what to do."

"Well you better figure it out soon or else Touya may waste away from heartbreak."

Yue was worried about Touya and he didn't want him to suffer at all. But he and Yukito hadn't figured out what to do yet.

[But haven't we Yue? The moment we heard that Touya was hurting was when we decided.]

Closing his eyes for a moment, the moon guardian thought it over and knew Yukito was right.

"Let's go Kero."

Kero was surprised that his plan had worked and almost grinned in glee. He turned away and hid a smile. Sakura's brother was really okay just a bit sore still from his fight with Ryu. He was just exaggerating a little in order to get his analyzing brother to think faster and it looked like it worked. Now hopefully the two of them would straighten things up between them and everything would be okay again.

*

Touya leaned against the cherry blossom tree and yawned tiredly. He hadn't been able to sleep lately because he was worried about Yue and Yukito. Neither of them had come over in a long time and he was starting to lose hope. Closing his eyes, he felt a tear slide down his cheek and another soon joined it.

"Are you alright?"

He opened his eyes and gazed at Yue. It was shocking to see the one he loved standing there looking at him and he wondered if it was a dream. The moon guardian regarded him thoughtfully and took a few steps forward. Raising a hand, he gently whipped the tears away and cupped Touya's cheek.

"I forgive you."

So many emotions flew through the brown eyes but the one that stood out the most was relief. Touya was overwhelmed by this and a few more tears slipped free. Gathering him into his arms, Yue held him close and felt him sag against him. They still had a lot of things to talk about but for now all Yue and Yukito wanted to do was hold on and never let go.

***

The End (lol)

Finally finished this chapter and man took forever. Aw well hope everyone enjoys it and such.