Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Questions and Remembrance ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Starting Over Series #2

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: None now

Warnings: sad and sappy?

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Sequel to: Gesture of Friendship

Questions and Remembrance

Yue gazed up at the moon that shone brilliantly overhead and let out a contented sigh. It was a beautiful night with the full moon dominating the sky and millions of stars sparkling overhead. He felt so rejuvenated from the moon and seemed to glow. Stretching he half spread his wings and laid down on his back.

"Yue?"

Yue turned his head and noticed that a large lion with wings had landed on the roof. He was surprised to see Keroberus the sun guardian awake at this time of night. Sitting up he regarded the lion quietly and waited for him to speak. Yue was surprised when Kero walked over to him and laid down and placed his furry head in his lap.

"What?"

Glancing up Kero smiled at Yue and laid his head back down again. He knew that the moon guardian was surprised that he had done this and purred contently. At one time Kero had done this often but that had been a long time ago when Clow Reed had been alive.

"Why did you come here Keroberus?"

Yue felt a strange emotion fill his heart when he glanced down at Keroberus. The two had at one time been close but when Clow had died that had soon changed everything. Yue had been devastated to loose the person he loved and who had created him. Magic had swirled around the two guardians and then they had been sealed into the book for many centuries. During this time period Yue had been steadily destroying and sealing all the emotions he had inside. It had hurt too much to feel for another living being when that being could either die or be taken away at any moment. When he had finally achieved his goal he had sealed himself into his false form until the new master's judgment.

"Yue?"

Yue blinked in surprise and gazed down into concerned golden eyes.

"I am alright Keroberus. Just thinking about the past is all. You never did tell me why you came here tonight."

"I came because I wanted to see my brother again, Yue. We haven't really spent that much time together unless helping Sakura learn how to use her magic."

Kero sat up and regarded his brother thoughtfully. He had come here tonight to see him but also to ask him an important question.

"Yue in the time we were in the book did you seal your emotions away?"

Kero watched surprise then confusion fill the silver eyes before Yue glanced away. When the moon guardian had judged Sakura he had noticed a slight change in him. Yue appeared so cold and lifeless like a doll. Oh he had tested Sakura the way Clow had instructed him but with no emotion. The only time that Kero had seen any emotion was when Kaho had mentioned the bell Clow had left and when he had been defeated. Yue at one time had been a happy and contented guardian. Of course he was sometimes too serious but he had been a gentle soul. He wondered if Yue would answer his question and if so what to do about it.

Yue could feel Kero watching him but he didn't know what to say. He wondered if he should confess to his brother and tell him why he did it. Maybe if he told him then perhaps he could help him regain what he had lost.

"Yes Keroberus I did seal away my emotions."

"But why?"

Yue looked over at Kero and saw that he appeared sad.

"Why would you do such a thing Yue?"

"Because it hurt so much to feel Kero!"

Kero blinked in shock when Yue shortened his name. The other guardian hadn't called him that since Clow had been alive and he smiled.

"Because Clow died?"

Yue nodded slowly and would not meet Keri's gaze. He wondered if his brother was angry at him for doing this or maybe even hate him for it. Yue was so confused and feeling all theses old and new emotions again made it hard to think.

"Yue look at me."

Yue shook his head and Kero let out a half sigh. Using one of his wings he turned Yue to face him and waited for the silver eyes to meet his own. Kero saw so much confusion and doubt reflected there.

"Yue it was understandable why you did that. Heck even I thought about doing it myself."

"You did?"

Yue gazed at Kero and watched as he nodded his head.

"Yes. It hurts to loose someone you love especially like that, but I am glad that I didn't do it."

"Why?"

"Because then I wouldn't be able to love Sakura or even you and Clow."

Yue gazed into warm golden eyes and saw that there was indeed love reflected there. Bowing his head he felt ashamed and bitter with himself for sealing away his emotions. Lifting his head he gazed back at Kero with determination and a firm resolve.

"Will you help me feel again Kero? I want to remember how to love my family and my friends again."

Smiling hugely Kero nodded and laid his head back down on Yue's lap.

"Thanks Kero."

"You are welcome Yue."

Yue hesitantly settled a hand on Kero's head and began to stroke his head. He felt Kero began to purr and smiled. It was going to be hard to try and regain all the emotions he had sealed away but with a little time he would do it. Titling his head back he gazed up at the moon and made a silent vow that he would succeed.

Hmm well this was um an interesting chapter to write, not to sure were that came from. Guess I was in a sappy mood or something. Oh well review please! =)