Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Starting Over Series ❯ Problems with the Heart ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

05 Mar 03

Title: Starting Over Series #6

Author: Silvertoekee

Pairings: Touya + Yukito/Yue

Warnings: Angst, sap, pesky guy, whatever

Disclaimer: Don't own CCS

Sequel to Misunderstanding

Problems with the Heart

Touya flopped down on the grass and stretched out his entire body. The past few weeks had been very interesting and emotionally exhausting. For one that jerk Ryu had started to stalk him and didn't seem to get the hint that he did not want him. The boy was starting to become a pain and he was going to have to figure out what to do about it. But his biggest problem was his relationship with his best friend and were it was headed. He wasn't to sure if he wanted to get into another dating relationship especially since the last one had gotten him hurt badly. Even though he did know that Kaho had not meant for that to happen but still it did make one wary of relationships. Feeling a hand drop on his shoulder he started and glanced up into warm hazel.

"What are you thinking so hard about Touya?"

Reaching up he cupped the other's cheek and watched as he leaned into the caress.

"Just some issues I need to resolve Yuki."

Seeing the puzzled look on the other's face, Touya decided to change the subject. He wasn't ready to discuss this with the other yet and would when he had figured it out.

"So Yuki how was your day?"

*

Yukito glared at his math book and threw down his pencil in a huff. He couldn't figure out the simple math problem and it was driving him nuts. Usually he could figure out those problems easily but he couldn't seem to concentrate.

(That's not why your upset and you know it.)

Closing the math book he childishly shoved it off the bed and heard it slam on the floor.

(Of course that's not why I am upset Yue. Its just what is up with Touya lately?)

Ever since the incident with Ryu and their fight, which luckily had been resolved, Touya had become distracted. Something seemed to be weighing heavily on his mind and Yukito wished he would tell him. The other boy would seem to drifting off into his own world when he was alone or thought he was.

(Give him time Yukito. Whatever it is I am sure he will tell us when he is ready.)

He knew that Yue was right but still it was so hard not to ask. Touya was one of those types of people who would tell you what he was thinking in his own time. The other boy was a very private person and did not express himself often. Yukito was still surprised that the he had befriended him since he had a rep of being a loner but was still popular.

(Alright Yue I will try and be patient, but I don't know how much longer I can be.)

(All good things come to those who are patient or so Clow told me. Not that Kero was ever good at waiting but I was.)

Yukito let out a quiet chuckle at that and could imagine Kero complaining loudly about whatever while looked all haunty.

(Hey I was more regal then haunty. And it was a good way to make Kero mad.)

Yukito let out a laugh and felt a little better. He grabbed the abused math book off the floor and decided to try working on that problem again.

*

Touya let out a half yawn and stepped out of the restaurant. It had been a long day at work and he couldn't wait to get home. He rubbed his shoulder tiredly and nearly jumped when a hand touched his. Whirling around he cursed softly and glared.

"What the hell are you doing here Ryu?"

The other boy just smirked at him and winked.

"Why to ask you out on a date Touya."

Rolling his eyes he wondered if fate was causing him all of theses problems lately, starting with this person.

"I am not interested Ryu and never will be. How many times do I have to tell you this?"

He watched as the other boy blinked at the rejection before he smiled again. Touya couldn't figure out why the idiot didn't understand the word no and it was getting tiresome. How was he supposed to figure out his relationship with Yukito and Yue if this jerk kept bugging him?

"Probably a thousand times because I will never give up Touya. I always get what I want and what I want is you."

About ready to deck the other man he turned abruptly and walked towards his bike. Angrily unlocking it he quickly hopped on and sped away.

"You can run Touya but I will find you."

Gritting his teeth in anger he began to imagine twenty ways of killing that boy.

*

Walking home after school that day Touya angrily grumbled under his breath. Ever since last night his luck had been going down hill and it was probably that jerk Ryu's fault. For one he had woken up late for school this morning, his bike chain decided to break, and he had forgotten to study for a major test. And to make matters worse it was raining and he getting soaked. Slowing to a halt under the Cherry Tree, he leaned against it and closed his eyes. He still hadn't resolved where he wanted to go in his relationship with Yukito and Yue. To be frankly honest he was terrified of getting hurt again the more he thought about it. Perhaps it was time to ask his father for advice on how he was feeling since he couldn't figure out what else to do. Feeling a bit better he turned around and started to walk home again.

"Hey Touya wait up!"

Half turning around in irritation he let out a sigh when he noticed that it was only Yukito. The pest Ryu was nowhere in site and he grateful. He watched as his friend ran up to him and smiled. The other boy had on a bright blue raincoat and carried an umbrella.

"Touya your soaked! Here get take my umbrella ok?"

Smiling down at the other in gratitude he reached over and pulled him into a hug. He heard Yukito let out a squeak and watched as the umbrella fell to the ground.

"I am sorry that I have been distant lately Yuki but give me a little more time ok?"

He could feel the other nod against his shoulder and let out a contented sigh. Tonight he would talk to his father and hopefully he could help him in this situation.

*

Walking into his father den that night Touya felt apprehensive and nervous. The last time he had a serious talk with his father it had been about his relationship with Kaho and look how bad that had turned out.

"What is it Touya?"

"Dad I need to talk to you about something serious."

He watched his father regard him thoughtfully before nodding at him.

"It's about Yukito and his other half Yue and your feeling for them am I correct?"

Touya almost died in shock but then again his dad was good at finding out things. His dad had always been this way ever since he could remember and had gotten even better at it since he had gotten half of Clow's power.

"Yes. I am afraid to get involved again and don't know which way to go."

"Is it because of Kaho and your past relationship?"

Nodding his head he watched, as his father grow quiet and thoughtful.

"The only thing I can tell you Touya is that you should trust your best-friend and trust yourself. Relationships are a tricky thing and sometimes we will get hurt in them or perhaps even find joy. But if you shut yourself away then you will be alone and never find that special someone to love."

Mulling over his father words he let them sink in and smiled sadly.

"I understand dad but I just need to get my brain and heart to agree."

His father stood up and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Just take it one step at a time and I have a feeling you will know what you want when the time is right."

"Thanks dad."

*

Walking down the road Touya wondered why he didn't bring a jacket with him again. He was soaking wet and he knew that he would probably catch a cold. Work had been long and busy. It was pretty late that night and he wondered if Yukito was a sleep. Eventually he knew that he would have to tell his friend about everything soon. His heart and head were still in turmoil but his talk with his father had helped. Slowing down he blinked in surprise when he noticed that he was in front of Yukito's house. He must have been so lost in thought that he had automatically wandered over here. Glancing at the darkened windows he smiled before walking over to the porch. Sitting down Touya decided to rest a minute and watched the rainfall.

"This feels like déjà vu somehow."

Jerking his head around Touya glanced up at saw Yue. He hadn't even heard the other come outside or even walk towards him. But then again it could be because of magic and the other was floating off the ground.

"So what brings you over here at this time of night Touya? And why aren't you wearing a jacket again? Are you trying to get sick or something?"

Touya almost laughed out loud at Yue's remarks and how similar they were to his so long ago.

"No reason really I just wanted out of the rain for a bit."

He almost jumped in surprise when the other sat behind him and enfolded him in a feathery cocoon. Warm arms encircled his shoulders and he was pulled back against Yue's chest. Eyes opening wide in surprise he watched as the magic circle formed under there feet. Yue began to chant and soon warm air rushed around them. The next instance he was completely dry and watched as the circle fade away.

"Now your all dry and hopefully you won't catch a cold."

Touya decided not to point out that he would get wet again when he went home. It felt nice to be held in the other's arms and he relaxed against him.

"Yue?"

"Hmm?"

"Will you and Yukito give me more time on were our relationship is heading? I need to figure out some of my past issues and settle them. I'll understand if you two don't want to wait and I know its selfish but...."

He was about to say more but Yue's hand on his lips stopped him. Turning around he gazed up at the moon guardian and saw compassion.

"Touya we care about you very much and we will wait for you. Relationships are a tricky thing and should never be rushed. So take all the time you need and when your ready then tell us ok?"

Nodding his head Touya knew somehow that he would figure everything out soon and Yue words were what he needed to hear. Reaching up he threaded his hand into white hair and pulled Yue down for a soft kiss.

"Thank you. And I promise when I am ready then I will tell you both everything."

Settling back against Yue again he intertwined their hands and they both continued to watch the rainfall.

**

Yay got this one out and man it was fun to write. Hope it makes sense and review!