Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Symbiote ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Symbiote

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Four

“Good morning. Did you sleep well?”

“I’ve still got a headache.” moaned Meiling, letting out her huge yawn. “These beds aren’t as comfortable as they used to be. I still feel a bit tired from yesterday.”

“You should rest up for today then. Okay?” Syaoran smiled, lifting the blankets over his cousin. “Tomoyo and Sakura bought these flowers for you. They wish you to get better soon.” he settled them into a vase, careful not to ruin them.

“Thank you, Syaoran. That’s very kind of them.” Meiling said softly. “But…where are they now? Shouldn’t you be with Sakura-chan?”

“They have other business to attend to…”

XXX

A depressed Tomoyo gazed at the tiny thing, hissing at her scornfully inside its seal container. Lucky she found the last remains of ‘it’ on Meiling before they sent her to the hospital. She wasn’t entirely sure what to do with ‘it’, and Sakura had suggested the best solution thus far. Words couldn’t possibly describe what creature had manipulated Meiling’s mind and brought the worst out of her. It was stupefying…

“Such a small thing…could change so much in a person.” Tomoyo shook her head. At least she knew one thing for sure. ‘It’ lived to feed on jealousy, aggression, revenge, rage, any negative aspect inside every human being. “It makes you think. Doesn’t it, Sakura-chan? Whoever do you think will be next?”

“I don’t know, Tomoyo-chan. I don’t think anyone would ever believe this. Not even Eriol-chan.” taking the container from Tomoyo, and firmly tying it with a heavy stone, she shut her eyes and took a deep breath. “We can only pray that no one will find it, ever again.”

Releasing her hands, she dropped stone off the high bridge. The container sank beneath the water, into the depths where even the slightest ray of light barely shone.

And ‘it’ disappeared…back into darkness.

End