Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Funhouse ❯ It's Playtime! ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Funhouse
Chapter 11: It's Playtime!

"Okay, who wants to be the first to tangle with the new and improved Psycho?" Psycho asked, looking down at the Guardians.

Kerberos flamed up. "I'm gonna shut you up for good!"

"Wait!" Yue warned, but it was too late. Kerberos growled and flew at Psycho.

Psycho hovered out of the way just as Kerberos was closing in. He reached out and grabbed his tail. The Sun Guardian came to a sudden stop, then found himself being spun around above the villain's head. "Wheeeeeee! Helicopter!" Psycho shouted gleefully.

"Let him go!" Yue demanded.

"If you insist!" Psycho flung Kerberos at Yue hard. The Moon Guardian did not have time to move and fell to the ground with the Sun Guardian pinning him.

Touya ran up to the fallen Guardians. "Are you...?" he started to ask Yue.

"I'll live," Yue replied.

Kerberos shook the dizziness out of him and got off Yue. He glared at Psycho. "Is that the best you can do, clown?" he asked angrily before taking off.

"You know, I am a clown," Psycho said thoughtfully. "I guess I should start acting like one. Psycho Trick!" He fired a hoop of fire at Kerberos. Kerberos flew halfway through it, then it solidified and closed on him, pinning him in the air.

"Awwwwwww, you didn't make it through the hoop." A whip appeared in Psycho's hand and he lashed him with it. "Bad lion! No soup for you!" he shouted, laughing as each lash struck the Sun Guardian. Kerberos winced with each hit.

Tomoyo captured everything on tape. "Kerberos!" she gasped.

Yue bristled at this act and flew up at Psycho. He knocked the whip out of his hand, then threw a punch. Psycho caught his hand, then spun him around and grabbed his hair. "Now what did I say about your hair, young man?" Laughing, he threw him towards Kerberos. "Psycho Bomb!" he shouted, firing three energy balls at them. Just as Yue contacted with Kerberos, the Psycho Bombs exploded on them. The two Guardians crashed in front of Tomoyo and Touya. They groaned as they tried to get up.

"Ganbatte!" Tomoyo shouted. "You're the heroes of this video!"

"Keep fighting!" Touya shouted encouragingly. "He's just a robot!"

Psycho heard everything. "So I'm just a robot, huh?" He started to wave his hands. "Can a robot do this? Psycho Trick!" Thin threads shot out of his fingers and headed for the fallen Guardians.

To Tomoyo's and Touya's amazement, Kerberos and Yue stood up. They were further shocked as the two Guardians started to fight each other. Kerberos lunged at Yue, who countered with punches and kicks.

"What are you doing?" Touya asked loudly.

"It's not us!" Kerberos cried.

Tomoyo focused on Psycho. "He's right! Look!" she exclaimed, pointing to the clown. Touya saw him waving his fingers. He also glimpsed the attached strings.

"I just love my new puppets!" Psycho declared gleefully. "They're so life-like!"

Tomoyo and Touya watched as Yue ceased his attack, then started punching himself in the face. The Moon Guardian tried his best not to express any pain.

"Stop hitting yourself! Stop hitting yourself!" Psycho said, laughing.

"Break loose!" Touya shouted.

Kerberos tugged on his strings. "I can't! They're too strong!"

"I must concur," Yue said, pulling on his strings.

"Try shooting them off!" Tomoyo suggested urgently.

Kerberos readied a fireball while Yue prepared to fire some crystals. When they were about to fire at the strings, Kerberos's head was moved so it pointed at Yue, and Yue's hand was aimed at Kerberos. They fired, knocking each other down. They felt their strings come off.

From above, Psycho laughed. "Puppets these days. They just don't last long."

On the ground, Kerberos and Yue groaned. Still recording, Tomoyo whispered, "Sakura-chan, where are you?"

* * * * *

"Any last words before we kill you, Cardmistress?" Enter asked.

Sakura looked at him, then at Backspace. *I can't give up, no matter what. There must be something I can do...*

"We're sure to get a promotion after we get rid of her, Enter!" Backspace said happily. "Think about it. Programmers Backspace and Enter!"

"An intriguing thought," Enter said, scratching his chin with his claw. Thoughts of a higher rank flew through his mind.

An idea came to Sakura. *I hope this works...* She faced Enter. "Um, sirs?"

Enter snapped back to reality. "What is it? Do you have any last words?"

"Actually, I was wondering why being a Programmer is so great," Sakura answered.

"It's better than being a Formatter," Backspace said, having heard Sakura. "It's a step up."

Sakura kept facing Enter. She leaned forward and whispered, "Anyway, your friend here said 'Programmers Backspace and Enter.' You look like the smart one, so shouldn't you be mentioned first?"

Enter scratched his chin. "Hmmmmmm..." He looked at Backspace. "She does have a point."

"Huh?" Backspace said, baffled.

"Why should your name come first? I am the smarter of us, so it should be 'Programmers Enter and Backspace,'" Enter said.

"What are you talking about?" Backspace asked.

"When we are promoted, my name should come first," Enter said. "After all, I am the superior model."

"What?" Backspace almost exploded. "We're both Kilos, so we're equals!"

"Ah, but I have more maneuverability than you, you tank," Enter said haughtily. "I have actual legs."

"You're an overgrown mole!" Backspace bellowed, raising his head to glare at Enter.

Enter met his gaze and stepped forward. "You know, maybe I should get rid of you and get the promotion myself!"

"Hey, genius. We have to kill the kid before we get promoted!" Backspace shouted.

"Good point. Let's take care of that first," Enter said.

"Yeah," Backspace said in agreement.

Both faced their target. Unfortunately for them, Sakura was gone.

"Idiot! You let her get past us!" Enter shouted.

"Me? You're the one who got an ego enlargement!" Backspace fired back.

"I can't believe you let your eyes off her!" Enter shouted.

"You started it!" Backspace shouted.

Enter was about to shout back when he spotted Sakura at the platform. "She's getting the Cards and Key!"

Backspace raced over to the platform while Enter burrowed. Sakura grabbed her Cards and Key. She held the Star Key before her eyes. "The key that hides the power of the stars! Show your true identity! I, Sakura, command you under the covenant! Release the seal!"

The Star Key grew into the Star Wand. The timing was good. Enter emerged before Sakura. "Got you!" he declared.

With no time to think, Sakura took the first Sakura Card in the deck and looked at it. She sweatdropped a little. *I might as well...*

Backspace caught up to Enter and aimed all his guns at Sakura. "End of the road, kid!"

Sakura tossed the Card before her. "Release! Flower!" she shouted as she hit it with her Wand.

Flowers started raining on the two robots. "Hey, what's going on?" Backspace asked.

Enter tried to move, but the amount of flowers weighed him down. "I can't move!"

Backspace found himself in the same predicament. Soon, both robots were immobilized by the flowers.

"Fire!" Enter shouted.

"I can't!" Backspace cried. "My guns are clogged with flowers!"

Now with time on her side, Sakura took out another Card. "Release! Power!"

Enter aimed his drill nose at himself and started to burn the flowers. Feeling super strong, Sakura hurried to Backspace. She bent down and lifted the tank robot over her head.

"Hey, put me down!" Backspace demanded.

"If you say so!" Sakura hurled Backspace at Enter, and the two killer robots fell hard. Unfortunately for them, Enter's nose flamethrower was still on. The lit weapon ignited the flowers, engulfing both robots in flames. Sakura watched as Enter and Backspace screeched, then disintegrated with a loud noise.

"Robots aren't supposed to do that," Sakura muttered. She remembered the battle costume Tomoyo gave her. It was tucked under her arm. She took it out and looked at it.

Sakura sweatdropped and sighed. "Only for you, Tomoyo-chan."

* * * * *

Psycho lowered himself down just as Kerberos and Yue picked themselves up. "Had enough yet?" the clown asked tauntingly.

Yue glared at Psycho. "We will defeat you."

Psycho laughed. "You're way out of your league, Moon Guardian."

"Big talk coming from a robot," Kerberos said, snarling.

"Oooooooo, tough talk from the stuffed animal," Psycho said mockingly, wiggling his fingers. "I'm so scared."

Kerberos growled and charged the robot clown. Psycho jumped over him, did a flip, and stomped on his back. Kerberos went down with a thud. Yue lunged at the clown, but Psycho did a flip kick on him. While Yue was recovering, Psycho caught him with a punch to the face.

Staggering, Yue fired a crystal blast. "Psycho Bomb!" Psycho shouted, hurling three at Yue. Yue's shot destroyed one, but the others hit him hard.

"No!" Touya shouted as the Moon Guardian fell.

Psycho laughed, then grabbed Kerberos by the tail. "Hey, why break up a set?" he said before tossing the Sun Guardian on Yue.

Kerberos and Yue groaned. "Ganbatte!" Tomoyo yelled.

"Now for the finishing touches!" Psycho declared. "Joy Buzzer!"

The Guardians found themselves being electrocuted. Psycho stopped the Joy Buzzer attack. "Psycho Bomb!" The resulting three Psycho Bombs exploded on the fallen Guardians.

To the shock of Tomoyo and Touya, the Guardians were back in their false forms. Kero-chan was lying unconscious on top of Yukito's chest. Both were not in the best of shape.

"Yuki!" Touya cried, running to Yukito. After putting her camera on "pause," Tomoyo was behind him.

Touya was at Yukito's side. "Yuki, daijobu?" he asked, concerned.

"Kero-chan!" Tomoyo cried, kneeling near Yukito and taking the tiny Guardian into her hands. His eyes were swirly.

Yukito groaned, then looked into Touya's face. "What's going on?" he said with a weak smile.

"Oh, nothing. The evil clown just kicked your true form's butt," Touya answered.

"Is that it?" Yukito said with a little laugh. "No wonder I hurt all over."

Kero-chan regained consciousness. "Anyone got the number of that truck that hit me?" he asked, still woozy.

"Thank goodness you're both still alive," Tomoyo said.

"Too bad you can't say the same for your mistress," Psycho said.

Kero-chan glared at the robot. "What are you talkin' about?" he demanded, attempting to fly.

"You know, you Guardians are terrible at your job," Psycho commented cruelly.

"What is he talking about, Toya?" Yukito asked.

"I don't know, Yuki," Touya answered.

Psycho giggled. "Do you think it was a good idea to leave little Sakura alone in my Funhouse?" he asked, grinning.

Kero-chan flew out of Tomoyo's hands and headed for the evil clown. "What did you do to her?"

Amused at the tiny animal before him, Psycho swatted him hard. "While you and Birdboy were fighting me, two of my flunkies were getting rid of her," he explained as Kero-chan fell to the ground. "I'm sure they finished her off by now. Looks like you two are out of a job."

"Sakura-chan..." Tomoyo whispered.

"Sakura-chan is dead?" Yukito tried to take everything in. "If Yue hadn't left..."

"No! I don't believe you!" Touya shouted.

Psycho laughed. "Believe what you like. Enter and Backspace killed her while you two were trying to defeat me. What a joke! You Guardians are no match for me!"

Kero-chan flew up from the ground and got into Psycho's face. "Oh yeah! How about I transform into my real form again and we'll have a little rematch?"

"Try it, both of you," Psycho taunted, daring the Guardians to change.

Kero-chan tried to change, but nothing happened. "What the...?" he wondered, looking at himself.

Yukito tried to change into Yue. "Nothing's happening," he said.

"What's going on?" Touya asked.

Zapping Kero-chan back, Psycho laughed. "They used too much energy fighting me! It'll take them a while to assume their real forms."

Kero-chan stopped himself from falling to the ground and flew back to the others. "Ya know, I do feel weak," he admitted.

"I just realized something. With your mistress dead, who'll give you guys magical energy to survive?" Psycho asked. "Okay, the Sun Guardian may be able to live on, but the Moon Guardian..."

Touya looked at the weakened Yukito. "No, not again..."

"Oh, don't worry. I'll make sure you don't have to suffer through all that angst again." Psycho's hands started glowing with electricity. "I'll just kill both of you now!"

Without a second thought, Touya rushed Psycho. "Toya, no!" Yukito cried.

"Joy Buzzer!" Psycho fired, knocking Touya to the ground.

Yukito tried to get up. "Toya..."

Kero-chan flew to Touya. He saw him still breathing. "He's still alive," he reported.

Psycho zapped Kero-chan to the ground. "Not for long," he said as the little lion landed next to Touya. "Fine, I'll kill the Guardians and the older brother." He gazed at Tomoyo. "You, I'll keep alive. You've been getting my good side all night."

Touya winced and rose. "You won't get away with this."

"Guess what? I already have!" Psycho prepared another Joy Buzzer, a more powerful one capable of incinerating Touya, Yukito, and Kero-chan. He looked at Tomoyo. "Get your camcorder ready! You don't want to miss me frying your friends!" He pointed at the three, ready to fire.

"Matte!"

Psycho looked for the speaker of that. He saw someone emerge from the Funhouse. "What?" he exclaimed.

Tomoyo turned around. Touya, Yukito, and Kero-chan followed suit. What they saw was a welcome sight.

"Sakura-chan!" Tomoyo cried, relieved. She aimed her camera at her and resumed recording.

"Sakura!" Kero-chan shouted.

"Kaiiju," Touya said with a smile.

Sakura walked up to her brother and friends. She was wearing the battle costume, which made her look like a clown. A cone hat adorned her head. Her legs were covered by baggy pantaloons. Luckily, Tomoyo had not decided to include overgrown clown shoes.

If Psycho's facial features could move, his mouth would have been open in shock. "So, you managed to defeat Enter and Backspace. They were Kilo Class Cybers, so I'm impressed you got past them."

*Kilo Cybers?* Tomoyo thought.

Sakura fixed her eyes on Psycho. "I won't let you hurt anyone else."

"My, someone got a confidence boost," Psycho said. "Nice outfit. A rather unique burial shroud, to say the least."

Sakura stepped forward. "Go get him, Sakura!" Kero-chan shouted enthusiastically. "Kick that clown's butt!"

Psycho laughed. "You little fool! Your Guardians couldn't beat me! What makes you think you can?"

"Because I'm Sakura. Everything will be all right," Sakura said without fear.

"We'll see about that. Psycho Trick!" Psycho shouted, waving his hand and throwing a long ribbon at the Cardmistress.

Before she could act, Sakura found herself being wrapped in the ribbon. Bound tightly, she fell to the ground. She struggled to break free, but to no avail.

"Sakura-chan!" Tomoyo shouted. The camera was still on.

"I have some old friends who want to renew their acquaintance with you. Here!" Psycho declared. With a wave of his hand, Time Bombs appeared and surrounded the Card Mistress.

"I don't like this..." Kero-chan said, worried.

Touya forced himself up, then ran towards his sister. Once there, he started throwing Time Bombs away. Yukito got up and joined Touya. "Hang in there, Sakura!" Kero-chan shouted, flying towards the others to help.

"Sorry, but it won't be that easy." Psycho waved his hand, and the three would-be rescuers were flung away. They landed before Tomoyo in a heap. Touya landed on Yukito, and Kero-chan landed on Touya. With another wave of his hand, Psycho made an energy dome appear over Sakura and the Time Bombs. "I want to make sure all her body parts are there," he said, giggling.

The others watched helplessly as Sakura continued to struggle within the ribbon. The Time Bombs flung themselves on her and held her tightly. Their timers were set for one second.

"Bye, bye." Psycho waved his hand again and started the timers.

Their timers reaching zero, the Time Bombs exploded, taking Sakura with them. Tomoyo's camera captured the moment.