Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Moon, The Sun, and the Chinese Cherry Blossom ❯ Prophetic Pillow ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:

Visits and Songs

"The kajiuo's actually up early, miracles do happen, ne," Onii-chan said as I walked into the kitchen. "Onii-chan! Sakura no kajiuo!" I said raising my voice and kicking him on the shin. "Itai," I heard him mutter as he grabbed his shin. I still didn't get why he still called me a kajiuo. I mean I'm 17, and I'm DON'T have pointy ears or sharp teeth and, in my opinion, I look like a regular teenage girl. I'm kind of tall, according to some people. But I don't think that I am, I'm only 160 centimeters, but Tomoyo, Meiling, Chiharu, and Rikka are too. And Naoko and Seikio are only two centimeters shorter. And Kaho-san is four centimeters taller than me; that's tall. Come to think of it… why was Kaho here so early?

Not that I wasn't glad to see her but she normally wasn't hear in the morning… and Onii chan wasn't either. He was normally sleeping at his apartment. `So the only reason that they would be here is if they have big news…' I thought as I noticed something on Kaho-san's finger was reflecting off the light. `Did Onii-chan finally…'

My thought were interrupted by Otou-san walking in. "Oh, Sakura-chan your up early." He said sounding slightly surprised. I was amused by the surprised look on his face when he saw Onii-chan and Kaho-san. Onii-chan had slightly tensed up when he walked in, but Kaho-san kept the same mysterious but kind smile on her face. Kaho shifted slightly in her seat so that she was lightly leaning on Onii-chan's shoulder.

She looked content and at home. She should, I suppose, her and Onii-chan had been dating for about five years. They were almost always together. He was either at her apartment, or she was at his apartment, or they were here. She was like a Onee-san to me, because she was so kind to me, and always gave me advice, with anything between homework to the cards. Some times when my friends and me had sleepovers she came to. But some times she also joined in on Tomoyo's, Meiling's, and Chiharu's favorite game of `Make Sakura-chan so pretty that Syaoran-kun will have a nosebleed when he sees her.'

"Kaho-san, Touya-kun it's nice to see you two," he said his regular smile remaining in place. Kaho-san smiled at him and said, "It's nice to see you too Fukitaka-san." Onii-chan took Kaho-san's left hand and stood up, she followed suit. "Otou-san, we have something important to tell you," Onii-chan said in a serious, but happy voice. I looked at him and than glanced back a Kaho-san's finger. This time it was ease to tell what had glinted; it was a golden engagement ring. "Hayaan!" said happily as I clapped my hands together and jumped up a bit. Kaho-san smiled at me.

Otou-san looked at me, as if he wanted to ask what had suddenly made me so happy. But Onii-chan didn't give him a chance. "Otou-san, I asked Kaho-chan to marry me…" He said smiling. I don't think I've ever seen him smile so happily before. "That's wonderful…" Otou-san started, but I didn't give him time to finish. "HAYAAN!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, smiling and jumping in the air. "Kaho-san really is going to be my Onee-san now!"

"That's right," she said smiling. I hugged her happily. `This is so wonderful!' I thought as I hugged her. "I'm glad that you like the idea Sakura-mouto," `Sakura-mouto,' I thought happily, "Of course I'm glad Kaho-nee!" I exclaimed happily still very excited. "When is the wedding?" I anxiously asked her. "We were thinking about February." She told me smiling with complete happiness. "Sugio…" I started in awe, "a winter wedding, how pretty." I finished. "I thought so too, I'm so glad that you agree. I was hoping that you would be my Maid of Honor." She said smiling, breaking the hug but still holding my hands. "Hai, I'd love to."

"Kaho-chan, why'd you pick the kajiou?" Onii-chan said as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. "Sakura no kajiou!" I said as I put my foot between Kaho-nee's legs and stomped on Onii-chan's foot. "Itai, well for someone who isn't a kajiou you sure do kick hard." Onii-chan muttered under his breath. "You have Shaoran-CHANNNN to thank for that!" I said emphasizing the chan part. That was my way of getting back at him for calling me a kajiou. But really I still don't understand why after nearly 7 years he hasn't gotten used to the idea that I love Shaoran, and by some miracle he loves me back.

"And how do I have him to thank for that?" he said sarcastically. Folding his arms and frowning. "Is he hitting you so you kick him back." He said growling a little. "ONII-CHAN HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING LIKE THAT ABOUT SHAORAN-CHAN, HE WOULD NEVER DO ANYTHING LIKE THAT!!!" I yelled furious, how could he talk about Shaoran-chan like that? "YES HE WOULD HE TRIED TO BEAT YOU UP BEFORE!!!" He shot back. "We were in FORTH GRADE! And he wasn't really going to hurt me, it's against his honor code!" I said back to him calming down a little bit. "HE WAS TRYING TO STEAL THE CARDS FORM YOU!!! IF I HADN'T SHOWN UP…" He stopped when Kaho-nee put a hand on his shoulder. "Touya-chan, that's enough. I know that you don't like Li-kun very much but yelling wont help, and he's a good man, he loves Sakura-mouto and you know it." She said in a serious, calm but warm voice.

"He doesn't deserver her," he muttered under his breath.

"You're right, I don't," A voice from the door way said. I recognized the voice, "Shaoran-chan!" I said happily as I ran up to meet him. We hugged tightly and I pecked him on the cheek. I took his hand and led him into the dinning room. Onii-chan was glaring at him, and Kaho-nee smiled but kept a firm hand on Onii-chan's shoulder. Otou-san glanced from Shaoran-chan and I to Onii-chan and Kaho-nee's direction. Otou-san looked like he was about to say some thing but Onii-chan, unfortunately, beat him to it.

"Gaki, what are you doing here?" He said glaring daggers at Shaoran-chan. "I came here to pick Sakura-tenshi up for school, what are you doing here?" He asked sliding his arms around my waist from behind. He leaned his chin on my shoulder but kept glaring at Onii-chan. "WHY Y-YOU…" Onii-chan started, but I didn't let him finish. I turned around in Shaoran-chan's arms and wrapped my arms around his neck. I smiled and looked into his eyes.

"Onii-chan and Kaho-nee," A look of curiosity crossed his features but he let me finish, "to tell us that they're getting married in February." I said happily. "That's wonderful." He said smiling at Kaho-nee and Onii-chan. "Congratulations," he added taking my hand and walking over. Then he did the unexpected; he placed his hand out for Onii-chan to shake. Onii-chan looked shocked. Kaho stepped closer to me and smiled even more brightly. I couldn't help looking kind of smug. `Yes Onii-chan, this is the horrible delinquent who tries to beet me up and dwells on every thing,' I thought sarcastically.

Onii-chan looked shocked like he didn't know what to do. Like he was having an internal struggle of whether or not to except Shaoran-chan's jester or to continue to hate him for something that happened eight years ago. He took Shaoran-chan's hand!? I didn't think that he would. `Arigitou Onii-chan,' I thought, smiling happily. Then they smiled at each other. "I think we've just witnessed a miracle," Kaho-nee said quietly to me. We both started to giggle softly.

They walked over to us and we stopped giggling. "Onii-chan, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. I wanted to know why he had accepted Shaoran-chan's jester. "Sure kajiou." He answered smirking. I let his kajiou comment pass, I was too curious of his actions to ask.

We walked into the living room and he looked at me questioningly. I sat down on the soft green sofa and let myself sink back into the soft pillows, but I grabbed my favorite one. It was one that Okaa-chan had made before she died. It was beautiful; the left corner had a beautiful crescent moon embroidered on it with stars around it. There was also a sun behind the moon, not as big but still beautiful. There was also a cherry blossom tree embroidered in the right corner. But the thing that I like most about it is the back, which she had embroidered an old prophecy on. I don't know what it says though, because it's in Cantonese. Some how I've always felt attracted to that pillow, it's probably because Okaa-chan made it.

"Onii-chan," I started curiously, "why did you shake hands with Shaoran-chan?" Waiting for his answer I fiddled with my hair. He looked pensive, like he was trying to find a reason. He sat down on the couch across form me and sat there for a few minutes thinking. I was kind of tired because I woke up so early due to my dream. I started to drift off, half asleep, and half awake. I heard a soft melody in my head; I didn't know where it came from though. I started to mutter it under my breath, it seemed natural. I only half heard the words as they came from my mouth but I heard them in my head, or was it in my heart?

"Kumo wa nagarete'ru kaze wa utaidasu

Itsumo hashitte'ta kono michi no soba de

Ima mo shiroi hana ga saite waratte iru

Demo tomaranai mune ga tsumaru hodo

Ima ga daisuki de dakedo sugite-yuku

Sore wa mukashi naita yume no kakera no you

Fuwafuwa to ukabu yasuragi mo

Namida koboreru fuan mo

Daiji na mirai ni tsunagatte-iru

Hazu dakara

Ashita ni natte mo

Itsuka otona ni natte mo

Kitto omoidashite ne

Anata ga koko ni ita koto

Wasurenai de ite

Hiroi sekai no hate de mo

Zutto kienai ima wo

Minna arigatou

Tsuki wa terashite'ru kaze wa nemutte'ru

Itsumo waratte'ta kono machi no sora de

Ima mo nagareboshi ga negai kanaete iru

Demo wakaranai toki ga sugiru hodo

Hanaretaku nakute dakedo tooku naru

Sore wa kinou yonda hon no shiori no you

Kirakira to hikaru akogare mo

Donna kanashii kimochi mo

Daiji na mirai ni tsunagatte-iru

Hazu dakara

Kisetsu ga sugite mo

Dokoka shiranai machi de mo

Kitto hirogatte-iku

Minna ga koko ni ita koto

Wasurenai de ite

Chiisa na kono basho kara

Sotto hajimatta koto

Minna arigatou

Yume wo noseta kuni wa

Kioku kara tabidatsu

Mata aeru yo

Ima wa hohoende

Itsumade tatte mo

Dokoka tooku e itte mo

Kitto shirasete hoshii

Watashi ga koko ni ita koto

Wasurenai de ite

Hiroi sekai no dokodemo

Zutto kienai omoi

Minna arigatou

Thank you for all your tenderness

Thank you for all your happiness

Thank you for all your kindness

Thank you for all your everything

Thank you for being my light, my sun…"

I finished the song, only half aware that I had sung it. I felt dazed, like I was seeing something from the past, or was it the future? I felt my finger brush a light material. It was the back of the pillow, I was tracing characters, I didn't know how, but it didn't really matter. It felt natural. "…Moon…Cherry…Blossom…" I muttered only half aware that I had.

"Sakura?!" I heard Onii-chan say. I shook myself, what had just happened. I don't remember. Onii-chan was looking at me like I had just killed someone. "Sakura… the song that you just sang…do…do you know that Okaa-chan used to sing that to us." What? I stared at him in disbelief, "…N-no…" I choked out, how could I know, but it sounded familiar. "Sakura," he started shakily, almost like he'd seen a g-g-gh-ost. "When I asked Okaa-chan what that songs meaning was along time ago, she told me that when you were older you would sing the song; and when…when you did… to ask……you…… what it means." He asked me. I don't understand, why would Okaa-chan say something like that? I don't even remember the words in that song. "N-no…" I said.

But some how I felt like I did, and what I muttered `Moon Cherry Blossom,' could that and whatever the song was be connected?

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Arigatou to the two people who reviewed my last chapter. One of them, not mentioning who partly guessed some of the plot, (you know who you are). I hope that you keep reading this. I'll put up a new chapter when I get five new reviews. Arigatou Minna-san! Ja ne for now.