Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Interfered Boredom ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Second Generation 34

Shinji: Cards can be tricky sometimes and our last adventure was no exception. After Meeko went "missing", the rest of us went and tried to search for her. I found her, well more like she found me. The Little had shrunk her and made her a real life Thumbelina. Anyways, we decided to go out and find the Big card, who was suspected of causing more trouble, back in town. We found the Big, but it was under one of those attitude spells of Abbadon's. While Makoto and I tried to capture the Big, Akiko protected Meeko who was with Kero-chan, and they sealed the Little. So now everything's back to normal, well in size anyway. Kero: And I got my cake! *stuffs his face with pudding cake*

Akiko sat in her room, playing with a partially braided piece of her hair. She had spent the morning practicing her magic, reading her father's old magic books, reading her manga, and now she sat on her bed, trying to write a letter of love to Makoto. She had already tried a couple of times to get out on paper what she felt on the inside. It seemed impossible though! Already, her room trashcan was full of crumpled pieces of paper that were once letters that she found just not right.
Akiko wanted to just call Makoto and ask him to come over so maybe, if Kami-sama allowed, she could tell him what she felt in person.
She also thought of doing this, because she was bored out of her mind! Meeko and Makoto, along with their parents, were going to an opera that was in town. She got the feeling that neither Makoto nor Syaoran wanted to go, but she kept that information to herself. Shinji had been invited to go along, since Kero refused to have to sit through even one song.
She smiled at the thought of poor Kero covering his ears because of the high notes. She wanted to go, just to be with Makoto, but Shinji was invited instead, so she let it be. She could find something else to do, if she wanted, but right now, she couldn't think of anything!
She sighed in frustration and through yet another piece of paper into the trash. Why should she even bother? Akiko sighed and laid back in her bed. Maybe taking a nap was a good idea. She closed her eyes and fell asleep.

Nakuru sat in a big chair at her home, chatting on the phone. Yukito was seeing Shinji out. "You be good, and…" He leaned in. "Try not to fall asleep. Their music an get quite…tiring after a while."
Shinji smiled and nodded. "I'll do my best. As long as I'm with Meeko, I could be in Abbadon's abyss and still be happy."
Yukito laughed and nodded. "Don't say such things. They might just become true."
Shinji nodded. "I'll see you guys later." With that, he ran out and over towards Meeko's house.
Nakuru waved out of the window. "Bai bai, sweetie! Be safe! And protect those crazy twins of yours!"
"I will! Promise!" Shinji threw over his shoulder as he ran down the street.
Nakuru turned back to her phone conversation. "So, Kaho, you and Touya are going to the tournament too?" She asked.
Mizuki Kaho nodded. "Touya entered one of the races, and I'm hosting the special occasion." The substitute teacher explained.
"Isn't that a surprise!? My dear Yukito also entered one of the contests! Shall we go together?"
Kaho smiled. "It'd be my pleasure. I'm sure Touya would love having Yukito there. It'd be like old times."
Nakuru beamed. "Then I'll see you there later today?"
"Hai, ja ne."
"Ja." Nakuru hung up and turned to Yukito entering the room. "We'll be joining Touya and Kaho at the races! Isn't that great!?" Nakuru hugged Yukito, who blushed despite himself.
"That's great. Won't mind going up against Touya. It'll be the first time in a long time." Yukito agreed.
Nakuru looked up at the ceiling and put her index finger to her chin. "If Shinji is going to the opera with Meeko and Makoto, what will little Akiko be doing?"
Yukito paused. "I guess she'll be at home. Sakura-san and Syaoran only had five tickets and Kero-chan refused to go."
"Well, I don't blame them. Who wants to hear an opera, when we can just use the Song card to hear some real music." Nakuru replied. "But, I refused to have anyone at home on such a pretty day! She must come with us."
Yukito shrugged. "Fine with me. You give her the call and ask Tomoyo."
Nakuru was already ahead of him and back on the phone. "Hello Tomoyo…"
Yukito shook his head and looked out the window, shutting out his wife's constant chatter. "I sense trouble. There are Clow Cards about."

Akiko awoke to the door opening, and her mother stepping quietly into her room. "Akiko dear?"
"Ohayo, Okasan." She said, sitting up in bed.
Tomoyo came and sat down. "Nakuru called and invited you to go with her and Yukito, Touya, and Mizuki sensei to some races being held at the high school. Touya and Yukito entered for old times."
Akiko smiled. Finally something to do! "Sure! I'd loved to!"
Tomoyo smiled. "Okay, they'll be here in about ten minutes. I'll have the maids pack you a lunch to take with you."
Akiko hugged her mom. "Hontou ni, arigatou gozaimas!"

Syaoran showed the usher their tickets and everyone filed in. Meeko hung onto Shinji's arm, and Sakura hung onto Syaoran's, while Makoto walked behind them. He wasn't too thrilled about going. He didn't like the opera, and he didn't like being away from Akiko.
Meeko took a side-glance at her brother. Daijobu, oniichan. You'll see her again, soon enough.
Makoto glared at his sister. Easy for you to say. You're hanging onto angel boy's arm.
Syaoran sighed and mumbled under his breath. "I can't believe I have to go and pay to see some fat lady sing."
Sakura heard it nonetheless and playfully knuckled his ribs, making him squirm. "You did it because you are a wonderful husband and father." She gave him a peck n the cheek, and Syaoran blushed.
"You know I'd do anything for you." He said, smiling and walking into the massive theatre. "Now, where are our seats?" While Sakura looked about for their assigned seats, Syaoran secretly grimaced.

Akiko sat down excitedly besides Nakuru in the bleachers, while Kaho made her way to the podium and Touya and Yukito made their way to the starting line.
"Oh, isn't this exciting, Akiko?" Nakuru asked, smiling broadly. Then she smirked mischievously. "Wanna bet I could beat all those guys with my feet tied together?"
Akiko raised an eyebrow. "No, I won't bet, cause I know you could. You just fly over them!"
That made both Nakuru and Akiko burst out in laughter.
Kaho cleared her throat and tapped on the microphone to get the crowd's attention. "Welcome to our Tomoeda's 35th novice and beginners races! The funds spent today will be given to the city's orphanage!"
Everyone cheered and clapped, including Akiko and Nakuru.
"The first race will be the 400 m dash!" She announced. She raced a gun and the race began.

Syaoran and Makoto sat back with their arms crossed in growing annoyance. Meeko and Sakura were leaning forward, hands over their hearts at the beauty behind the music. Shinji was just holding onto Meeko's other hand, smiling at her and paying more attention to her ethereal presence than listening to the music.
The woman sang and soon, smaller more petite women joined her from the back, adding to the harmony.
To Syaoran, it was adding to his headache. "Why can't they just stop and…"
As if on command, the singing ceased.
Syaoran smirked. "Well, that's a lot better."
Meeko gasped and pointed. "Look! Look at where she was standing!"
Syaoran and the rest bent over to get a good look at the stage, and right where the lead singer was standing, was a small swirling mass of sand. And it was growing.
"The Sand card!" Syaoran shouted.
Meeko jumped to her feet when she heard the scream of one of the supporting singers, right before they disappeared underneath the swirling sandpit. Row after row began to disappear, along with its occupants.
Sakura thought quickly and took out her cards.
"No! Shinji shouted. "You cannot interfere!"
"What? You want me to just stand here while innocent people get pulled under the sand?" Sakura glared at the silver haired boy.
"No, leave this to us." He said, Makoto and Meeko standing supportive behind him.
"Yeah, well whatever you plan, you have better do it fast cause here it comes!" Syaoran shouted, jumping out of the way of a flying stream of sand.
Meeko took to the air, Shinji carrying Makoto up with him as he revealed his wings.
All the occupants of the theatre were now underneath the sand and if Meeko and the others didn't hurry, they would suffocate real soon.
Sakura used her Fly and pulled Syaoran up with her. "You really need to lay off those Mochi cakes!" She said. "Power!" Her aura increased and she held her husband with ease.
"Then tell your stuffed animal to stop buying them with my credit card!" Syaoran protested.
"You shouldn't have said the pin number out loud gaki!" Came a new voice.
"Huh?" Everyone turned to see Keroberus and Spinel Sun in their full forms, flying through the open door.
Kero flew over and Syaoran jumped on. "How'd you guys know about the card?" He asked.
Kero glared at Syaoran. "A little thing called magic."
Shinji plopped Makoto onto Spinel Sun. "Whatever we plan, it had better be soon! Those people won't last much longer!"
Now the entire floor and all the levels of the theatre were swirling with Sand.
Meeko shot a worried glance at Shinji. How are we going to get out of this one?

After a few races, Touya and Yukito were very close to the top. Only one more race to go and they would gain first and second place, depending who won the next race.
"I won't let you win too easily, old friend." Touya said.
"Who said I needed you to let me win? I'll win on my own." Yukito replied, putting his hands down on the ground against the white starting line, and looking up with a determined expression.
Kaho raised the gun once more and shot off the beginning BANG!
Touya and Yukito took off, immediately leaving all the other runners a bit farther behind. Akiko and Nakuru jumped to their feet, clapping and screaming their encouragement to the two runners.
As Akiko clapped and whistled, flower petals fell in front of her face and landed on the floor. Looking up with a confused expression, Akiko saw that the entire field was being slowly covered with flower petals of different colors.
She glanced over at Nakuru, who was also frowning. "I sense a Clow Card." She said. "It has to be Flower."
"Flower? Is this all it does is create flowers and flower petals? That doesn't seem too bad."
Transforming into Ruby Moon, the guardian looked down at the cardcaptor. "It isn't that bad, unless it gets to about ten feet, then it can get lethal." She pointed to the field and Akiko saw that already, the petals were building on top of each other, and covering the land fully in their brilliance. Small children were up to their waists in petals.
"Oh no! If this keeps up, they'll drown in flowers!" Akiko brought out her staff. "I have to stop this!"
"But we don't know where it is." Ruby Moon said. Which was a lie. She knew where it was, but she wasn't permitted to say. This was up to the children.
Kaho joined them and looked to Akiko. "Any ideas?"
Akiko bit her lip. She wasn't sure what to do. She just knew she had to find it and fast. "Okay, first we split up. We each take a direction. Ruby Moon, you take North and West since you can fly. Mizuki sensei, will you take east? And I have south"
Both adults nodded, but Ruby Moon raised a hand. "What shall I do about the people? I can't be seen in this form."
Akiko grimaced. She hadn't thought about that. Just then, an idea came to her. She took out one of her cards. "Dream!" She struck it with her staff and it released. "Give everyone peaceful dreams, in their sleep."
Dream nodded and folded its hands in front of it, then rose into the air, spinning and releasing small magic sparkles of blue over the bystanders. Soon, everyone without magic was asleep. "Okay, people we got a card to capture."

Shinji blinked. That was a good question. What were they going to do to capture Sand? He was about to answer, when Sand attacked and a stream of Sand came flying at him and Meeko. They flew off in opposite directions, barely avoiding the attacks.
Sakura gritted her teeth. How could she help?
Syaoran flew besides her, holding onto Keroberus with one hand and holding onto his sword in the other. "We can advise them, right?" His wife nodded. "Then lets try telling them what cards to use? Would that work?"
Keroberus shook his head. "You can hint to it, but telling them is just as bad as doing it for them."
Sakura tried to think hard. They had to seal Sand with what cards they had. But…who had what cards? She wasn't sure."
"We caught it with Water and Freeze, right?" Syaoran asked.
That's it! Sakura pulled back with her wings and dove forward. "I'll distract it! You guys figure out a way to stop it!" She shouted to her children.
"Sakura!" Syaoran shouted, diving down with Keroberus, to figure out what the heck his wife was thinking! Had she gone crazy or something!?
Sakura dodged most of the attacks, but one caught her from behind, and she fell into the sand, threatening to go under.
"Sakura!!" Both Syaoran and Keroberus shouted. They went down to try and help her, but ended up getting hit by more falling sand, and landed in besides her.
"What were you thinking!?" Syaoran shouted.
Sakura coughed and tried to get one good breathe of fresh air. "I…want them to think hard. They have to get us out now, maybe that'll help."
"Yeah it'll help getting us killed!" Syaoran said, holding onto Sakura, keeping her above Sand as much as he could.
Meeko fought back her tears. "We have to do something!" She shouted to her comrades. "Okasan!!"
Sakura looked up. "You can do this! I know you can! You have to freeze this motion! Get us out!"
Shinji looked through his cards. Nothing he had would help in freezing the motion. The best card with that was…
That's it!
No…that was a water element. Wait…didn't Meeko…
Hai! He thought. Yosha! (All right!)
"Meeko! Use Watery!" Shinji shouted.
Meeko looked over in shock. "Nani? You nuts!? You want to drown them more?"
"Just do it! Quickly!"
Meeko took out her card. "Watery!" Watery was released and swirled around, mixing with Sand and making a muddy mess.
Sakura and Syaoran stopped struggling, and looked up. "Get us out!" They shouted.
"My fur!!" Keroberus whined.
"Now what?" Makoto growled at Shinji, hating to do this to their parents.
"Use Freeze!" Shinji commanded.
Makoto glared a moment longer, then caught on. "I get it!" He threw his card forward, and jumped off of Spinel Sun. "Freeze!"
Beginning at the edges, Sand froze along with Watery and Sand was frozen, stuck to the bottom of the theatre.
Shinji whirled his staff. "Return to thy true form, Clow Card!" Sand swirled and slowly flew to Shinji, and turned back into a card.
Sakura and Syaoran got up, finally free and clean from Sand's messy personality. Kero licked his leg and was satisfied when none of his fur stuck together.
"Good work, you guys!" Sakura said with a smile.
Meeko ran to her mother. "Daijobu Okasan?"
"Hai, daijobu desu ka." She responded.
"One less card to worry about." Kero commented, taking his spot atop his mistress' shoulders.
"And one more worry in here." Suppi added, also back in his…smaller form.
They looked around and saw all the people, laying limp in their seats, clean and finally awaking from their adventure.
"We had better get out of here." Sakura suggested.
"Best idea I've heard all day." Syaoran said, followed by Makoto, as they raced out of the theatre.

Akiko ran and noticed that she was running against the flow of flowers. Must be going the right way. She assumed.
And she was right. Around the corner and behind the field, stood Flower, spinning and created more and more flowers and petals.
Akiko held her staff in both hands. "Flower!"
Flower stopped swirling and turned to face the Cardcaptor. She was a beautiful card, with long, curly pigtails hanging down on the sides. It cocked its head with a smile at Akiko's approached.
"You've made a nice mess here, Flower." Akiko admonished.
Flower showed genuine remorse and bowed its head in apology, since it couldn't speak. Akiko sighed. "Get back and I'll seal you."
Flower nodded and reached behind her, slowly bringing out a beautiful peony. Akiko blinked, but when Flower handed it to her and pointed to Akiko's heart, Akiko blushed. "Hai, I'll give it to him."
Flower smiled and stepped back, closing its eyes as Akiko brought up her staff. "Return to thy true form, Clow Card!" Akiko sealed Flower and turned to see Ruby Moon and Kaho standing there, smiling. "You guys knew all along, didn't you?"
Ruby Moon turned back into Nakuru and winked. "Couldn't give it away could we?"
Akiko nodded with a smile. "I guess not. Thanks anyway."
"Come on." Kaho said. "We have a race to watch."
Akiko nodded and held the Peony close to her heart. Arigatou. She silently thanked the card, and ran off to rejoin her friends.

"And to think I thought we left you behind to do nothing." Makoto joked.
Akiko shrugged. "It wasn't too hard, but I did miss you."
"Not as much as I missed you." Makoto said, then blushed at his own words.
Akiko giggled and brought out her present. "Here. Flower made it for you."
Makoto took it and smiled. "Arigatou." He leaned in and gave Akiko a kiss on the cheek.
Akiko blushed and beamed, leaning on Makoto's shoulder, just watching the sunset form atop Makoto's roof.
Downstairs, Syaoran and Sakura sat on the porch, watching the small couple.
"A peony. She has good tastes." Syaoran commented.
Sakura turned to him. "Did I when I gave you your first flower?"
Syaoran mock frowned. "Who said it was my first?" Sakura tickled him, until he confessed. "Okay! Okay! It was my first flower!"
"And do you remember what you did to thank me?"
Syaoran grimaced. "Unfortunately."

Sakura walked home after school. It was late since she stayed for cheerleading practice. Tomoyo had to stay even longer to practice for her recital the next day. Sakura hummed to herself, and didn't notice the boy hanging upside down in front of her until it was too late.
"Hoe!!" She shouted, falling backwards. When she saw amber eyes look back at her, she blinked. "Syaoran-kun? What are you doing hanging upside down from that tree?"
Syaoran flipped and landed in front of her, blushing like crazy. "I…w-wanted t-to give this t-to you, in exchange f-for w-what you…f-for w-what you…" He paused, and finally just blurted it out. "FOR WHAT YOU GAVE ME!!"
He thrust the flower at her and ran off before she could question his actions. In her hand was an undamaged Sakura blossom.
"For what I gave him?" Sakura smiled, remembering the peony she had given to him earlier that week. "Arigatou, Syaoran-kun. Hontou ni, arigatou." With a smile still on her face, she walked the rest of the way home.
From atop that same tree, Syaoran sat, watching her disappear into the distance. "Aishiteru, Sakura. I'll tell you someday."

Syaoran of today grimace, "Okay, not my best or most romantic moves…" He wrapped an arm around Sakura and smiled. "But I told you didn't I?"
Sakura nodded. "Yes you did. Prom night."
"And I'll say it again. Aishiteru, my most precious Sakura."
"Aishiteru, my koibito. (Sweetheart)" They leaned in to kiss, a sweet gentle kiss. "Oh, I got four more tickets to replace the show we missed due to the Sand card."
Syaoran literally blanched. "No!!!"

A/N: *giggles* I got this idea right after finishing my other one. I don't know why, but it was very fun to write and I finished it in about 3 hours! Did you like it? I hope you did! I hope to finish this series by 40 chapters, but I might over do it a little. Here's hoping. Ja!