Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ The Second Generation Cardcaptors ❯ Discovery ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Second Generation:

Discovery

Konnichiwa! My name is Meeko! But to figure out who I am, I'm gonna have to go way back to before I was born. You see, my mommy and daddy met when they were about my age, that would be ten for all you rookies out there. They grew up together and after a few years, after my daddy got some sense knocked into his head by my uncle, he finally asked her to marry him. That's when me and my brother came into the picture, I'm sure I don't need to go into detail how that came around.

My brother, Makoto, is my twin brother. We both have amber eyes with dark hair. Mom says we take mostly after dad. Whatever. I don't think that at all. You see, somehow, my brother and I can talk to each other, without saying anything at all. I think they call it telepathy. Makoto and I pinky swore we wouldn't tell a soul about it. Well I'm sure my mommy and daddy don't have anything like that, cause they would've said something.

One thing that really bothers me, is that orange stuffed animal that mommy insists having on her shoulder all the time! Daddy doesn't seem to mind, but there's something about the thing that bothers me. My brother senses it too. We played many a few pranks getting that toy away from mom and hiding it. But somehow, it always appeared on her shoulder the very next day! Mom never mentions anything about it being gone, so I know it's not what it appears to be.

We all live in Japan, and were a nice little family, well that's what I thought until a couple days ago. That's when everything went for a 360! In roller blade talk that's a full spin! Mommy and daddy showed me and my brother something I would never forget. Let me rephrase that…Li Kinomoto Sakura and Li Syaoran Card Captors showed us something I would never forget.

Confused? So was I. Here, I'll start at the beginning…

Meeko woke up, the same way she always did, on the bottom bunk of the bunk beds she had in her room, err, her and her twin's room. Makoto was sleeping on the top bunk, snoring so loudly, you'd think he swallowed a Scottish bagpipe or something!

Meeko slowly got up and climbed up to the top bunk. Hearing her twin snore was one thing, seeing him sleep was a totally different nightmare. Makoto could sleep in the strangest positions. It didn't matter if he was on the bed, of halfway off the couch! He'd still sleep like a log.

Unable to take the torture anymore, Meeko slammed her pillow down on Makoto's face. He wiggled a bit, screamed, and finally woke up.

"Why'd you do that for?!" He said drowsily. He rubbed his eyes and glared at his sister.

Meeko giggled. "Now you do look like daddy!!" She jumped down and grabbed some clothes out of the closet. "Could you sleep any noisier!?" She yelled as she went to the bathroom to change.

"It's not my fault!" Makoto retorted. "That dang dream kept me up last night!"

Hearing this Meeko threw open the door, unknowingly walking in on Makoto trying to change out of his P.J.'s. "Hey!" He protested and pulled up his jean pants.

Meeko rolled her eyes. "Oh like I haven't seen you in your boxers before." She went to the dresser drawer and pulled out a shirt. She threw it at him and sat on her bed, pulling her legs up to her chest. "What was the dream like this time? Was it any clearer?"

Makoto slipped the shirt on and sat next to her. "Well, I saw a baton with a bird on it…"

"And a sword with a green stone." Meeko added.

Makoto nodded. "There was a book with all the cards, with weird writing on them. They each looked different."

Meeko thought about her version of the dream, for she too had had the same dream. "I remember a lion looking creature, kinda protecting us. You think we should tell mom and dad?"

Her twin shook his head, causing his bangs to fall over his eyes. "They might send us to the loony bin." He held out his pinky finger. "Swear you won't tell anyone."

Meeko looked at the finger and back up again to her brother. "I…I can't. What if something happens? What if mommy and daddy get hurt?"

"Doesn't matter…"

"But it does matter!" Meeko shouted and stood up.

"Kids! Breakfast's ready!" Their mom called from down stairs.

"Coming!" Meeko said, leaving their room, and a worried Makoto sitting on the bed.

"You don't know all that I saw, or you'd walk your self to the loony bin, Meeko." With that he got up and walked down stairs, to hopefully enjoy one more normal meal, before anything from the dream came true.

Li Kinomoto Sakura stood over the burner, making her famous pancakes. Suddenly, strong arms came from behind her and wrapped her up in a big hug. "Hoe!" She giggled, as Li Syaoran gently kissed the back of her neck, sending shivers up and down her spine.

"Ohayo, Li Kinomoto Sakura-san." He greeted.

She turned and met him with a smile. "So formal? What have you done thins time?" She joked.

He laughed and pulled her closer. "Nothing, I just love the way your name sounds."

She put a finger to his chin. "Glad I kept my maiden name, ne?"

He shrugged. "I just feel not all of you belongs to me."

"A girl's gotta have some freedom."

"Oh, so your saying I'm keeping you in a cage?" He gently squeezed her, making it unable for her to get away. "Let's see how much freedom you have." He said as his mouth inched closer to hers…

A choking sound could be heard, ruining the moment and causing both adults to twirl around. Only to face a sick looking Keroberus, guardian of the seal. "Do you really have to do that every morning?" He asked, floating up to Sakura's shoulder.

"Kero! We're married now! That's what married people do!" Sakura scolded him.

"Yeah, maybe, but your still acting like newly weds!" He said.

Syaoran continued to hug Sakura as she finished the pancakes. "And what's so wrong with that?"

Kero growled. "If you weren't married to Sakura I'd…!"

"You'd what? Nothing much a stuffed animal could do." Syaoran taunted.

"Why I outta…!"

"Mommy! Daddy! Are you talking to someone?" Meeko called out, coming down the stairs.

Kero quickly went stuffed and Syaoran moved in front of him. "No, just chatting between ourselves.

Meeko shrugged her shoulders and sat down at the table, followed by Makoto.

Syaoran sat at the table, as Sakura brought a big plateful of hit pancakes to the table.

After starting to eat, Syaoran tried to start up conversation. "So…have any good dreams last night?"

This froze both children. Sakura sensed something. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

Meeko started to speak, when her brother interrupted her. "Nothing. Just some dreams that we probably don't remember." He said. What are you trying to do? Get them mad at us? He told his sister.

She slightly flinched with his tone. He immediately apologized. Hey, look…I'm sorry…

"I'm done. Gotta leave for school! See ya!" She got up from the table, taking her plate to the sink and went towards the door.

Makoto got up too. "I'm done too." He said quickly and took off after her. They picked up their backpacks and went out the door.

Sakura sighed and started picking up the morning dishes. Syaoran started to help her. Kero let out a sigh and started flying around. "They're hiding something." He said. "I wonder what it is?"

Sakura rinsed the dishes and placed them in the dishwasher. "I sensed something from both of them, they seemed scared about it."

"Probably just a nightmare." Syaoran reassured her, not liking to see his wife so worried. "Besides…we're hiding something from them."

"It's for their own good! They're too young to understand and control their powers." Kero said. "It's better to wait until their older."

Sakura sighed and leaned back into Syaoran's embrace. "I know…it's just, I don't like keeping secrets like this."

Syaoran kissed her head and laid his head on hers. "We do what we have to to keep them safe."

Sakura nodded. "Alright. I just don't know how much longer I can hold this off."

Syaoran nodded his agreement, and exchanged glances with Kero. I don't think you'll have to wait that long.