Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ True Colors ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This is my first fanfic! Please R&R on suggestion and comments!
 
Title: True Colors
Rating: T for Teen
Genre: Romance/Adventure
Type: Alternate Universe
 
Summary: Sakura is a servant in the castle of the kingdom, sold by her family when they are in crisis and finds many surprises awaiting her. One is Syaoran, who is cold and rude but softens under Sakura's influence and another is a plot that holds the balance of everyone's she loves future hanging in the balance. Can Sakura save all she loves? And can she find a loophole that can bring Syaoran and her together? Read to find out! S/S
 
Sakura: 17
Syaoran: 17
 
I would also like to compliment Starlight Rose on her fanfic Heart's Treasures which gave me the inspiration to start my own fanfic. I took some names she used (because I loved them so much) and altered them to fit my story, I hope she doesn't mind! Anyway, thank you to all the readers for giving this story a chance!
 
Card Captor Sakura and all its characters are owned by me only in my dreams (No, really it is owned by CLAMP). Starlight Rose gave me inspiration for some of the names, but everything else is mine.
 
Prologue
 
“Grandma! Grandma!” A young tot screamed as she ran to her grandmother's arms, pausing only to curtsy before hugging her. The old woman giggled at memories of her own children when they were her age.
 
“Grandma, I petted a bunny yesterday that made a home in the garden!” she grinned showing petite teeth that would come out in a few years. “Grandma, can you tell me the story about your Great-Great-Great Grandma? You know the one that was a servant in the castle.”
 
“But, Satsu I've already told that one to you a few times.”
 
“I know, but it's my favorite!” her green eyes grew large and filled with tears, pleading. Satsu could now give this look with the ease of practice.
 
The old woman smiled inwardly, “Alright, but first lets sit under the Sakura trees, just like the main character would do.” Satsu obviously thought this was a good plan because she held her hand and eagerly led her to a large, blossoming tree. They settled and she rested her weary back against the trunk and let out a sigh of relief. Satsu waited patiently for her grandmother to get comfy and finger-combed her auburn hair.
 
“You know, Satsu, you look so much like her.” The old woman reminisced on how her hair was the same shade of auburn when she was a young thing.
 
Satsu remained silent, having heard this from her grandmother before. She had countless times wished to be the girl in this story. She gazed at the sunset, with its pinks, purples, oranges, and the blues that faded into navy and then black. Stars were beginning their courtship with each other as Grandma would say. They were constantly winking at one another and the gazers below.
 
She and her grandma for a while sat watching the sunset sink in and see it fading into the endless dark. Then, for a moment, she saw a light make its way across the sky in the navy blanket. “Grandma, look! A shooting star!” She pointed at it and the old woman squinted as if trying to distinguish the light in the black sky was an impossible task. It almost was for her old eyes but then finally differentiated it from the other lights in the sky. “Well, don't just sit there, make a wish.”
 
Satsu looked back at her, “What about you, don't you want to make one?”
 
“Sweet, I have all I have ever wanted and more. You make your wish, but remember not to tell me.”
 
Satsu thought as long as she could for a five year old, which was about two seconds, and made her wish. I wish I could be Sakura in Grandma's story, she said inwardly.
 
“Have you finished?” Satsu nodded and her grandmother took a deep breath and started in her melodic voice. “Once, in the time of Kings and Queens, there was the kingdom of Clow…”