Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Unappreciated Love ❯ A Fiance and a Girlfriend? ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Unappreciated Love

By Lyeza

Disclaimer: None of the characters in Cardcaptor Sakura belongs to me. All of them belong to Clamp.

Chapter 2: A Fiancé and A Girlfriend?

Arrival Hall

"They should be around here somewhere," Fujitaka said scanning the crowd.

Suddenly a man stood in front of him and asked, "Kinomoto family?" Seeing Fujitaka's nod, the man continued, "Welcome to Hong Kong. I am Wei. Please follow me. The Li family is waiting for you. They then followed the man to a place where an elegant woman stood along with four young ladies and a handsome gentleman, who was leaning casually against a pillar. The man then turned to the Kinomoto's and Tomoyo and said, "May I present you, Li Yelan, Li Feimei, Li Shiefa, Li Fuutie and Li Syaoran."

"Its an honour to meet you," Fujitaka said and bow.

Yelan smiled, "Its an honour to meet you too."

Fujitaka then turned to his family and Tomoyo and introduced them, "This is my son, Touya, my daughter, Sakura, and her best friend, Tomoyo". The three of them bowed.

Yelan smiled at all of them and finally looked at Sakura. "So you are my soon-to-be, daughter-in-law. Come and meet your future husband," she said, gesturing to Syaoran who was still leaning against the pillar and crossing his arms.

Syaoran however stayed put; not because he was trying to be rebellious but because he was surprised to see Sakura. He realised that she was not what he had expected. She was the most beautiful lady he had ever seen. Her emerald eyes were shining with innocence, framed by long auburn bangs. She also had a perfect figure. "The cards sure know how to choose their Mistress," Syaoran thought absently. She was indeed gorgeous; the kind of woman that he thought only existed in a guy's fantasy. He also noticed her aura. It was pink, warm and very strong, probably even stronger than his. He shook his head. He was not the kind to be swayed by beauty. He must not forget his mission, that is, to hurt her enough that she did not want to get married to him.

"Syaoran," Yelan's sharp voice interrupted his thoughts. "Come here and welcome your future wife, "her voice clearly conveyed that she would not tolerate his insolence. Syaoran took a few steps forward until he stood directly in front of her. "Welcome, Kinomoto," he said, his voice devoid of any emotion.

"Thank you," a melodical voice replied. Syaoran was captivated by her voice. "You can call me Sakura," Sakura continued. Syaoran simply nodded. He did not want to call her by her first name (That is part of his plan) but looking at his mother's disapproving look, he did not dare say it to Sakura yet. Actually, that was not the only reason he did not say anything. The truth was, he did not trust his voice to speak since Sakura's beauty still overwhelmed him. Who knows if his voice shakes or even worse, if he stutters for the first time in his life? He had never lost control and he was not about to start now. He stole a glance at Sakura. She had a slightly disappointed look along with a look of uncertainty. He wondered what was she thinking right now; more importantly what's her opinion of him. He shook his head again. It should not matter. In fact, he was supposed to make her hate him. But why was he feeling slightly sad at that prospect that she would come to abhor him?

"Ahem. Now that our guest have arrived, let's head to the Li's mansion," Yelan said, looking knowingly at Syaoran. His four sisters also had a similar look to their mother on their faces. Syaoran frowned and started to head for their limo.

Not so far away from them, a figure stood lurking in the shadows. An evil glint lit up in his eyes when he saw Sakura. "So she is the Card Mistress," he thought, "She really has strong magical power and it will soon be mine. Ha! Ha! Ha!" It was ironic. He had been looking for her for years and only to have the Li Clan delivered her right to his lap. He should thank those snobs once he got the Card Mistress.

In the limo

Sakura's uncertainty was growing by the second. She looked at Tomoyo who were busy discussion the wedding preparations with Syaoran's four sisters. They were very excited about it and totally oblivious to her. She was rather confused by what happened back at the airport. When she first saw Syaoran, she was totally captivated by how handsome he was. She also realised that he too had a magical aura. It felt green and strong. It also gave her a sense of security. However, when they were introduced, he was totally cold and unfriendly. She understood that he too was shocked by this engagement and probably had some reservations himself but he should try to be warmer to her if they were ever to get married. "I just hope I have not made the wrong choice," she whispered.

Sakura did not see Syaoran for the rest of the day until it was time for dinner. The dinner was rather enjoyable with Syaoran's animated sisters and Sakura would have very much enjoyed her dinner if it was not for Syaoran. Throughout the whole dinner, Syaoran who was sitting opposite of Sakura, kept glaring at her.

"Why is he doing this?" she wondered. "Why is he not giving me a chance?" Sakura tried to ignore him but with him watching her every move, she was so conscious of herself that she ended up dropping her cutlery and spilling her soup.

"Oh no," Sakura groaned when she accidentally knocked over her glass of water.

"Klutz," Syaoran muttered, saying it loud enough for Sakura to hear.

Sakura glared at him. "Do you know that it's rude to stare?" she retorted. Everyone became silent as they watched Sakura stood up and shouted at Syaoran.

"Do you know it's rude to shout during dinner," Syaoran pointed out calmly as he smirked at her.

It was then Sakura noticed what she had done. "I'm sorry," she said, settling down.

"Don't worry about it, Sakura," Yelan said, smiling. Then her shrewd eyes turned to Syaoran who was looking innocently back at her.

"What is it?" he asked, his voice completely lacked of guile.

Yelan did not say anything but her eyes silently warned him not to create any more trouble.

Fujitaka watched the altercations between Sakura and Syaoran just now. He knew they have started on the wrong foot and he wondered if he done the right thing by consenting to this match.

The day after,

Fujitaka and Yelan stood at the balcony overlooking a beautiful garden. Both of them were watching Sakura who was walking through the garden.

"I really like your daughter. She is the epitome of grace, humility and beauty. You have raised your daughter well, Fujitaka," Yelan complimented.

"Thank you. However, I feel that your son does not share your sentiments," Fujitaka said and frowned, remembering how cold Syaoran had acted towards Sakura.

Yelan sighed, "I really hope Syaoran does not mess this up. I know he is furious that he is being forced to do what we told him to but I sincerely hope he does not let his pride get in the way. He is a great guy; it's only that he has pretty low opinion on girls since they keep throwing themselves at him."

"I see," Fujitaka said, obviously not knowing what else to say.

"Well, I'm sure that if we can make him spend more time with Sakura, he will realise that she really is a wonderful girl and eventually fall in love with her. He better not drive her away before that happened. I doubt he can find anyone else like her," Yelan said.

Fujitaka looked at Sakura who had finally disappeared from their view and then turned to Yelan, "Yelan, I really want you to answer this as truthfully as possible," Fujitaka said, his voice serious. Yelan hesitated for a while. She knew what he wanted to ask. "He deserves to know about this. After all, Sakura is his daughter," Yelan thought and nodded.

Seeing Yelan's nod, he continued, "There is another reason why you are so adamant about this match, don't you? Please tell me the whole story."

"Yes. Not so long ago, we found out about this evil sorcerer, Toru, who is looking for the Card Mistress. He wants her power. He is very strong. Since his power came from all the sorcerers and sorceress he had killed for the past century, Sakura will not be able to fight him alone. By marrying Sakura, Syaoran will be able to protect her all the time and we also believed that if both Sakura and Syaoran combine their power, they will be able to defeat this dangerous evil. I hope you understand that this is not the only reason we want Syaoran to marry Sakura though. Besides the fact that she is also the Card Mistress, her kind and humble attitude makes her worthy to take the place as the wife of our leader. We also know that Sakura has what it takes to teach my cold-hearted, cynical son more about love and compassion. Years of hard training had made him harsh and we want to make it up to him," Yelan explained.

(Note: Fujitaka knows about Sakura being a Card Captor)

Fujitaka stood quietly as he tried to absorb what was being said. He thought that after converting all those cards to Sakura Cards, Sakura's problem would be over. It seems that it was just the beginning of her troubles. He doubted that this would be the only threat that would come her way and he knew that she would be in safe hands and be well protected if she married Syaoran. "Sakura, don't change your mind about this engagement," Fujitaka whispered.

Nearby, Kero and Tomoyo heard the conversation that had just taken place. Kero who was perched on Tomoyo's shoulder was deep in thought while Tomoyo became starry-eyed as she envisioned the good-looking Li Clan warrior protecting his beloved, the Card Mistress, from a great evil. She decided to carry her video camera at all times so that she would be able to videotape the whole thing when it happened. Quietly, she left with Kero so that the preoccupied Yelan and Fujitaka would not discover their presence.

In the garden

Sakura was walking down the path in the heavenly garden, looking in awe at her surroundings. It was the most beautiful place she had ever been to. "How could a place be this beautiful?" Sakura breathed. As she walked along the path, she saw a beautiful lake ahead of her. With the swans swimming gracefully in the lake, it was indeed a breathtaking sight. She ran towards the lake, laughing dizzily, "Wow, I love this place." Suddenly she heard rustlings not so far away from her. "Who's there?" she asked. More rustling ensued. Curious, she started towards the source of the noise and what she saw made her gasped in shock.

Syaoran and Meiling were sitting on the bench in the garden, discussing about his plan to drive Sakura away when Syaoran felt Sakura's sweet aura approaching.

"Shhh, Meiling. Sakura is approaching. I can sense it," Syaoran whispered.

"What? Can't you speak louder?" asked Meiling loudly. Panicking, he clamped Meiling's mouth with his hand.

"Who's there?" Sakura's voice was heard.

Without thinking, he turned to Meiling and kissed her. Meiling was, of course, too shocked to respond.

"Li san..." he heard Sakura said, the anguish in her voice was evident. Slowly and deliberately, he let go of the stunned Meiling and looked at Sakura. What he saw in her eyes was almost his undoing. Tears of hurt and bewilderment filled her emerald eyes. Instinctively, he took a step towards her and tried to reach for her. Sakura jerked away from him. She took a deep breath and looked at Syaoran, her expression now completely hooded.

"I'm sorry, Li san. I did not mean to interrupt you," Sakura said in a formal voice and looked inquiringly at Meiling.

"Ummm...Kinomoto...uh..." he stopped when he saw the hurt appearing in her eyes again when he called her by her last name. "This...is..." he tried again but was interrupted by Meiling.

"Hi! I'm Meiling, Syaoran's girlfriend. You must be Sakura, his fiancé. Pleased to meet you," Meiling said and extended her hand.

"Yes. Pleased to meet you too, Meiling. Uhh...I better go now. I just realised I have another bag I have not yet unpack. See you around," Sakura lied and quickly turned away.

Syaoran looked at the girl who was hurriedly walking towards the mansion. "She'll probably hate me by now," he thought. It was what he wanted but why did he feel remorseful over what had happened. Somehow, he could not erase the look of betrayal on Sakura's face from his mind. "Sakura... " he whispered.

"So that is your fiancé, huh?" Meiling asked slyly, the regret in Syaoran's eyes did not go unnoticed. "I must say, she is a great beauty and seems to have a good character," Meiling observed. Syaoran just raised his eyebrows. "I can judge people correctly, you know, ...umm... with the exception of you of course. Anyway, you still want to go ahead with the plan?" she asked. She believed that deep inside, Syaoran really did not mind this match. She saw Syaoran hesitated for a while.

"Of course. What makes you think I feel otherwise," Syaoran said, the look of uncertainty that was evident seconds ago had already been replaced by a cold and guarded look. "By the way, that kiss means nothing to me. Its part of the plan," he continued, narrowing his eyes at Meiling.

"Of course. What makes you think I feel otherwise," Meiling shot back, throwing his words back at him. "I better get going now. Call me when you need me."

In Sakura's Room

"You know, I can get used to this kind of life," announced Kero happily as he gulped down a bowl of pudding that a servant had brought in seconds ago.

Tomoyo sweatdropped. Her mind was still occupied with the conversation she and Kero had overheard. Suddenly, the door opened with a loud bang and a distraught Sakura entered. Sakura threw herself at Tomoyo and cried uncontrollably.

"Hate...I. (sob)...Baka Li…(sob) two-timer.... Home.... (sob)", Sakura tried to explain while still crying. Tomoyo and Kero had a hard time understanding Sakura.

"Sakura, take it easy. Try to calm down and tell us what had happened," Tomoyo said. A few minutes had passed when Sakura finally calmed down. Slowly, she told them what had happened in the garden.

"That stupid Chinese gaki," Kero burst out in anger. "He does not deserve you, Sakura. I say we leave this place at...ACK!!!!!" Tomoyo had grabbed Kero, who was hovering over Sakura, and was heading towards the door with him in her hands. "What do you think you are doing?" Kero shouted.

"We'll be right back, Sakura. Just give us a few second," Tomoyo said, leaving behind the confused Sakura.

Once they were out of Sakura's room, Kero turned to Tomoyo and repeated, "What do you think you are doing?"

"Shh! I don't think we should encourage Sakura to break the engagement; not yet anyway. Remember that Sakura's life is in danger and Syaoran seems to be the only one who can help her overcome this new threat," Tomoyo explained. Kero kept silent.

"After all, I don't think, we should judge Syaoran harshly. Somehow, I don't think Syaoran is that horrible. Trust me, I'm good at judging characters," pleaded Tomoyo.

"Alright, " Kero conceded. "You know, thanks to that gaki, we are going to have a hard time trying to convince Sakura not to give up on the engagement."

"I know but I'm sure we can pull it off, right?" Tomoyo said.

Kero nodded and sighed unhappily. "Come on. Let's go and change her mind," he said, gesturing for Tomoyo to open the door.

To be continued….

Will Sakura break the engagement? Will Syaoran regret what he have done? If he does regret, will it be too late by then?

Stay tuned for the next chapter.