Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ What dreams may come ❯ One-Shot

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Challenge: Dreaming.
Genre: Any.
Canon: Yes.
Rating: G-PG13.
Stipulations: Pick the character or characters of your choice, and show us what they are dreaming of at any point in canon. This can be a daydream, an ambition, a nightmare, or any other kind of dream. Also, use the words 'red', 'radiant', and 'sentry'.
Time: Two weeks.
 
Challenge: Dreaming
Genre: Angst, Introspective
Rating: Pg
Summary: Post-capture of Firey, Syaoran dreams
Pairing: Mild Sakura x Syaoran
Title: What Dreams may come
 
He stirred fitfully in his sleep; eyes closed and breathing relatively even. The small electronic alarm clock on his nightstand ticked the seconds away, a silent sentry keeping watch against the dark denizens of night. Snow fell in the quiet December stillness, yet it brought the sleeper no peace.
The events of the day had progressed quietly, perhaps too quietly. Even the sniping he and Touya had exchanged, nay, Yukito's presence, paled in his mind when compared to the radiance she had shone.
She had used two cards. She had used two top-level elemental cards, at the same time. Firey would have set them all aflame with a moment's hesitation, and yet… and yet she hadn't. The child garbed in red had stilled, and in that moment, she had struck, and to be completely truthful, she deserved this card, and not he.
In his dreams, he smiled at her, and blushed when she smiled back.
In reality, he vowed to become a stronger contender. He would not lose.
But when he woke screaming from a nightmare, a moment's hesitation and all was lost, hope reduced to ashes, he knew that he was lying to himself.
He did care.
 
End Fic
Completed 1/10/06