Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ What's The True Meaning of Christmas? ❯ Unrequited Love ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer: Read Chapter 1 of this fic for this. I DON'T want to repeat it again. It breaks my heart everytime I type it bacause it makes me realize Syaoran, Eriol, Touya, Kero-chan and etc. don't belong to me!!!! *sniff* *starts bawling* WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, for all the completely obsessed E+T fans (like me), read Akogare and A Cappella! They are my favorites and are VERY good, guaranteed to make any E+T fan swoon. I dedicate this fic to the fics' authors! (I can't remember their names! Gomen ne!!! ^^;;) I also dedicate this fic to Moon Angels, who reviewed the last chapter! Oh yeah, to animegirl 18, who was so supportive of me in school!!!!!! Arigato to all of you!

************************************************************* *************************

What is the True Meaning of Christmas?

It seemed like it was going to be a normal day. Tomoyo brushed her teeth, had breakfast, and she was early for school, as usual. Class was alright too. But it was weird. Her friends had acted a BIT strange during lunch.

"HOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Tomoyo-chan, hi!!! Don't worry, nothing is going on!!! He he he..." said Sakura nervously when Tomoyo turned around the corner and saw her whispering to everyone else. Everyone nodded quickly in unison. Li-kun acted similarly. He was all nervous and jumpy and seemed to want to say something, but whenever he opened his mouth, Sakura would clamp it shut with her hand. Hiiragizawa-kun just seemed to find it amusing watching Sakura's and Syaoran's nervousness. Something was going on, but she didn't know what it was, couldn't quite put her finger on it. It seemed like a big scheme without her in it and she hated that.

When she gave her friends all their presents, they had been delighted. Chiharu was squeezing her new stuffed animal like nothing else. Well, except for when she choked Yamazaki-kun. Naoko-chan already had her nose in her book and was reading avidly, completely ignoring everyone, causing them to sweatdrop. The presents had similar effects with the other people. Sakura-chan loved her new dress, which had made Li-kun blush profusely, then causing Sakura-chan to ask him if he had a fever. Hiiragizawa-kun was looking at his new suit rather oddly. It was a strange expression that she couldn't decipher. Strange...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Tomoyo walked straight to the back of the library. It was her private getaway spot. There was a corner that barely anyone went to that had a table with 2 chairs in it. It was all by itself, but unlike what most people probably thought, it wasn't spooky or lonely there. She loved to sit there, either to read books or to just think. When she got there though, she had a little surprise. She saw someone already in one of the chairs, seemingly deep in his thoughts, with his back to her. It was obviously a boy. He looked very familiar... He had dark blue hair... He turned around, sensing someone.

"Daidouji-san! What are you doing here?" Eriol exclaimed affably.

"Hiiragizawa-kun, I come here everyday."

"Really! What a coincedence! I come here everyday also! We must come at different times, since I just decided to come earlier today!" Eriol flashed Tomoyo a bright smile that sometimes made Tomoyo want to puke. She hesitantly sat down across from him. "It is rather peaceful in here, is it not?"

"Oh, yes. Very. I come here all the time, just to think and---" She stopped. Eriol seemed to have the ability to make someone tell everything. It was just something about him... It sometimes freaked her out, with his magic and everything, and her having no magic of any kind at all. She always imagined that magical people would have a condesceneding look in their eyes as they looked at non-magical people (AN: For all the Harry Potter fans, like me, Muggles! ^^) No, he wasn't like that. But other times, he seemed to look at her differently than he would for other people. Tomoyo wondered why...

And so their daily library meetings continued for a week, and then one day...

"Daidouji-san, what would make you happy, besides Sakura-san's happiness?" Eriol asked suddenly. The question startled her.

"As long as Sakura-chan is happy, I am happy." she replied immediately, out of habit. It was a complete lie. She knew that. Eriol knew that.

"Are you really? So you are completely fine with Sakura-san's attraction for my cute relative?" he questioned.

"Yes, is there any reason I shouldn't be?" she bluffed. Eriol looked at her hard for a long time. Tomoyo shifted uncomfortably under his gaze. It was as if those dark, dark blue eyes saw right through her, saw every thought, saw what she was really like under her mask.

"If I was in love with someone, I wouldn't be happy that she loved someone else." he finally said. Tomoyo stared at him in shock for a moment, then turned red. Not from embarrassment, no, she would never be embarrassed for being in love with Sakura, but from anger. Pure anger. She didn't even bother to excuse herself, like her usual, polite self would have, but she spun on her heel and marched off.

Spinel Sun sighed, and climbed out of Eriol's lap, where he had been hiding, and fluttered by his creator. "Master, that wasn't very nice." he admonished. (AN: I have NO IDEA 'admonish' means, I just THINK I do. I use clues from the books I read.)

"No, Spinel, I suppose it wasn't. It just came out. I can't be perfect all the time."

"You should apologize."

"Yes, I should..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Tomoyo and Sakura were walking home after school the next day. Tomoyo was still steaming over what had happened in the library yesterday. 'How DARE Hiiragizawa-kun comment about my feelings for Sakura-chan?' she fumed. She had avoided Eriol the whole day in school. All this she thought while Sakura and herself talked about whatever best friends talk about, when all of a sudden, Sakura popped a question out of nowhere.

"Do you think Li-kun liked the dress you gave me?" Sakura asked suddenly. She immediately blushed a scarlet red. "Not that it matters, of course. Him just being my friend and all." Tomoyo smiled genuinely for the first time since yesterday.

"How could he not like it? Especially when Sakura-chan is so KAWAAIIIIIIII!!! Besides, didn't you see the look on his face?" Tomoyo asked.

"What look? I didn't see any look. He did turn red. Tomoyo-chan, do you think Li-kun has a fever?" Sakura asked worriedly.

"Sakura-chan, Li-kun is in love with you! You can't see that?" Tomoyo asked, exasperated.

"HOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Do you think so???? Tomoyo-chan, can you keep a BIG secret? I think I'm in love with him. This feels so different from the time I thought I was in love with Yukito-san, and Yue had said what I felt for him wasn't love." Sakura said shyly. Tomoyo felt a stab at her heart. She tried to ignore it, but it was too strong. She always knew that Sakura had loved Syaoran, but she had tried, successfully, to put that knowledge into the deepest corner in her mind, hidden away, but now it came out again.

"Hoe? Tomoyo-chan? Is something wrong? Tomoyo-chan! Are you okay?" Sakura exclaimed worriedly. Tomoyo managed a smile.

"I'm alright. I just remembered I forgot something at school. Go on without me."

"Well... okay. If you're sure... Ja!" Sakura waved and skipped off.

Tomoyo waited until she went around the corner before her legs crumpled from underneath her, and she collapsed, sobbing for the unrequited love she felt for her friend.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Eriol was walking home with deep thoughts, thinking of ways to apologize to Tomoyo, when he heard a distant sound of crying. He ran around the corner and saw a girl with her face buried in her hands that looked VERY familiar...

"Daidouji-san?! What happened?" he instantly realized what must have happened. Sakura-chan, what else?

Tomoyo tried to turn away from him, obviously still angry about what had happened at the library. But she obviously couldn't take it any longer because she threw her arms around his and sobbed into his shoulder. After being shocked for a moment, Eriol patted her back soothingly and murmered some comforting words to her. After what seemed like an eternity, Tomoyo stopped crying. Eriol let her go. Tomoyo drew her arms back quickly, as if burned, and looked down, a perfect picture of deep embarrassment.

"Feeling better?" Eriol asked gently. Tomoyo, still looking down, nodded quickly. "Are you sure?" she nodded again, and made no move to forgive him, no move to thank him, no move to apologize to him. "Well then, I must leave now if you are alright." Eriol said briskly, trying not to feel hurt. He turned and started to walk off when he heard her call him.

"Wait! Eriol-kun!" Eriol turned around, shocked that she had used his first name. "Arigato, Eriol-kun."

"You're welcome Daidouji-san."

"Call me Tomoyo."

"All right... Tomoyo. Then you MUST call me Eriol." he said, stammering slightly, blushing a delicate red.

Tomoyo smiled, warmly and brightly. "I did. And I will." she said. Eriol knew that with that smile and those 5 simple words, he was a goner. He fell into an abyss he wasn't sure he wanted to come out of.

************************************************************** ************************

AN:
1. I really need some reviews for my fic. I have 1 person that reviewed my first chap. except for my friend because I begged her to!!!!! SOMEONE please review my fanfic!!! I NEED some motivation!!!!! I enjoy writing, but if no one gives me motivation, I might not continue. *sniffle*

2. Please don't blame me if I use some of the -sans, -chans, -kuns, and etc wrong. I'm NOT Japanese!!! Also, the characters may be OOC (especially the 2nd season people, or non-people) because I only saw the 1st season of CCS people in action in the Earthy episode and the one before that. I've never seen the 2nd season people (and non-people) in action!!!

Please, don't forget to R+R!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ja!!!!!!!!! Bye! See you later!!! (And any other farewells there are in different languages!)