Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction ❯ Where Love Blooms ❯ Amber Eyes ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own CCS, so I wouldn't bother sueing me if I were you, I don't have much anyway. All I have is a tonne of homework anyway.

A/N: This is my first ever CCS fic, be nice. This was just an idea I got while I was sitting in an english lesson, after that I blanked out the rest of the lesson and spent the time dreaming up all the details for this story. By the way this is A/U. I'm surprised my muse Yuriko actually bothered to give me the inspiration for this.

Yuriko-Ha! I need to sometimes or I'd be jobless.

Foxtails- -.-' At the slow rate you give me ideas I would've thought you were jobless.

Yuriko- Why you…

* Yuriko chases Foxtails out the room while shouting curses and threats. *

Where love blooms- Amber eyes

Briiiiiiiinnng

Sakura stood up and left her classroom smiling to various people on her way out of class. She sighed, how long had it been since she left Tomeda with Tomoyo to study in England? A good two years, she missed her father and Touya terribly, even though she phoned them every weekend and emailed them everyday. Sakura walked passed her lockers in the hall and went into her form room where she greeted Tomoyo and Eriol, her lifeline over the last two years.

"Sakura!" waved Tomyo across the classroom.

Sakura smiled and walk across to her friends dodging flying paper aeroplanes and various bits of unidentifiable junk on her way. Eriol picked up his bag and said,

"I'm sorry, I have a piano lesson, I have to go early. I'll see you later!" he glanced around the room and stepped back when a piece of gum landed smack right where he had been.

Eriol frowned.

"Dodging paper pellets and bits of gum all day, you hardly need to take gym in this place." He commented dryly before weaving his way through paper balls and out the classroom.

Tomoyo giggled as she watched Eriol making progress through their bomb mine of a class room. She heaved he bag onto her back, wincing slightly as the straps cut into her shoulders.

"Too much homework," she remarked then turned to Sakura, "come on!"

Sakura who had watched Tomoyo and Eriol closely just smiled slyly and said,

"You know you like him." Tomoyo blushed and stammered,

"I know nothing of the sort now come on." She grabbed Sakura's arm and together they walked back to the apartment they shared, discussing school as they went.

"We're going over to Eriol's house today for our project," informed Tomoyo.

"Hoe, we are?" asked Sakura.

Tomoyo sighed and said,

"For our english project remember." Sakura blinked then smiled as understanding dawned on her face.

"oh!"

Tomoyo sweatdropped slightly, as sweet as Sakura's innocence was it sometimes did get annoying,

They didn't have much time to talk after that as the pair arrived at their shared apartment which Sonomi had so kindly provided. Tomoyo rumaged around for the key then inserted it into lock.

"We're going at 6:00 pm." Tomoyo told her best friend who was rushing up the stairs to her room at this point.

"Hai[1]!" shouted Sakura from the top of the stairs.

Sakura took a quick glance at her watch, 4:00 pm, plenty of time to do homework then get dressed and go to Eriols's house. She thought as she slammed the door to her room and settled down to do her homework. Sakura settled down and worked through her english and science homework before immediately confusing herself with her maths. Sakura sighed, of all things why does it have to be algebra? She thought to herself. She took one last glance at the jumble of letters and numbers in front of her before slipping into a land of daydreams.

"Sakura" an oddly familiar voice called out,

Sakura turned around to find her mother looking at her proudly.

"Kaasan [3]!" Sakura called.

"Hush child and listen," Nadeshiko said, "you have finally caught all the clow cards and have them under your control, yet your power is still wild and untrained."

"But how can I learn to control it."

Nadeshiko smiled.

"I can arrange that…please find happiness child, you've had too many hardships in your life…" Nadeshiko faded away.

Sakura suddenly heard Tomyo calling her…

The next thing she knew, Sakura was snapped out of her daydream when she heard Tomoyo shouting from downstairs. Sakura jumped up in shock and looked at the clock on her desk, 5:55 pm! I wasn't dreaming for that long was I, Sakura thought as she dashed to the door and yelled down the stairs,

"Give me five minutes Tomoyo, onegai [2]!"

From downstairs Tomoyo just sighed and glanced at her watch.

"Hurry!"

Sakura slammed the door shut again before diving into her closet to look for a decent set of clothes. She hurriedly grabbed a skirt, shirt and a fleece before rushing into the bathroom to change from her school uniform.

"Two minutes Sakura!" Yelled Tomoyo from below, whilst glancing at her watch.

"Coming!" Sakura shouted back, pulling the fleece over her head the same time. Stupid! She reprimanded herself, don't start daydreaming when you're in the middle of homework and certainly not for that long! Sakura ran a brush roughly through her hair before dashing hurriedly down the stairs to grab a pair of shoes and join Tomoyo. I wonder if that dream means anything… wondered Sakura

"About time too." Grumbled Tomoyo half heartedly.

Unfortunately Tomoyo could never stay mad at her friend for too long.

"Gomen [4]," said Sakura breathlessly as she grabbed her coat. She pushed the dream to the back of her mind. This isn't the time.

"I was-"

"Daydreaming, again." Finished Tomoyo for her.

Sakura looked up surprised then she frowned playfully.

"You know me too well," she muttered.

Tomoyo laughed and dragged her friend down the road rather than reply.

Exactly fifteen minutes later Tomoyo and Sakura were finally at Eriol's house (A/N: o.O more like mansion). Tomoyo rang the door. Tomoyo and Sakura both stifled laughter as they heard a lot of scuffling and shouting from behind the door before it wrenched open to reveal a flustered looking Nakaru and Spinel Sun both covered with flour.

"Sorry about that," apologised Nakaru while shoving Spinel back. Suddenly she realised who was at the door.

"Sakura! Tomoyo!" immediately both girls found themselves in a bone crushing hug.

"Once they were released from Nakaru, Tomoyo and Sakura looked around to see the entire hallway covered with flour and dough with a few broken vases where Nakaru or Spinel seemed to have stumbled.

"What on earth happened?" asked Tomoyo incredulously.

"Oh, that." Grinned Nakaru scratching her head sheepishly while looking back at her path of destruction.

"Me and Spinel were trying to bake cookies…" she trailed off.

Sakura goggled then said,

"If this is the hallway, I don't want to know what state the kitchen's in." Tomoyo giggled in agreement while vaguely wondering how only one person and a beast the size of a stuffed toy could create such havoc.

"I was trying to bake-" started Nakaru when Spinel interrupted.

"More like burn the kitchen down."

"Shut up," Nakaru said and trapped Spinel under an unbroken vase, holding it down before continuing, "I was trying to bake cookies, and then Spinel came in. I tried to get him to eat some I made earlier, only he said I'd poison him. Then it sorta turned into a food fight and Spinel managed to consume sugar-"

"You were force feeding me!" Yelled Spinel from under the vase.

Nakaru shook the case then continued once Spinel silenced.

"Then he started to fly around breaking things and I had to try and catch him. Then the door rang and I chased Spinel to here before the sugar wore off, then I had to fight him to open the door!" said Nakaru all in one breath.

"Didn't Eriol mind?" asked Sakura.

"Nope." Grinned Nakaru, "He was upstairs with his friend but he said he was expecting you.

Tomoyo just smiled and shook her head, Nakaru may have been sixteen and Eriol's legal guardian but she definitely acted a lot younger than him.

"I'll show you to Eriol-Sama then clean up." Nakaru said innocently. "with Spinel as a wash cloth."

"Nevermind," replied Tomoyo sweatdropping, "we'll find our way to Eriol, you can start cleaning. And I think you better let Spinel out Nakaru-san, before he runs out of air."

Nakaru lifted the vase, and as Tomoyo predicted Spinel was out cold drooling, over a half-eaten cookie. Nakaru picked him up then motioned towards the stairs for Sakura and Tomoyo, then truned around and headed for the kitchen leaving a trail of flour footprints behind her.

Together Sakura and Tomoyo picked their way through flour and bits of pottery, when they got up the stairs, Sakaura stared blankly at the long, carpeted corridor in front of them then turned to Tomoyo,

"Did Nakaru tell us which room Eriol was in?" she asked.

"No…" said Tomoyo, "we'll just have to check every door."

And with that statement Tomoyo opened the first door to find an enormous library. She glanced downm the corridor and the fifty or so doors then sighed.

"We've got a long way to go."

About thirty or so doors later, Sakura was about to open a door when she heard the light muttering of conversation inside. She motioned to Tomoyo who joined her.

"Sounds like he's got company," commented Tomoyo quietly.

Sakura nodded and was about to knock when Eriol's voice was raised from inside and they heard,

"Come in Sakura and Tomoyo." At that point the door opened.

Eriol, who was sitting in his chair-of-evil smiled at the person sitting across to him.

"I didn't know you were coming to visit, quite an unexpected visit, you should've called. I've got friends coming over." He smiled.

The person scowled.

"You must meet Sakura some time my friend, she needs your help. She is having trouble with the cards. Come to think of it here she is." Said Eriol as he sensed Sakura's pink aura outside their door.

"Could you please open the door, you're closer."

Just as the person stood up and stalked to the door and opened it. Eriol raised his voice and said,

"Come in Sakura and Tomoyo."

"Hi Eriol, I'm sorry we're la-" Sakura never got any further as she found herself drowning in amber orbs…

~~~

A/N: Well that's that for this chapter, please read and review. No prizes for guessing who the 'amber-eyed' person is. See you in the next chapter guys ^_~

[1] Hai mean yes.

[2] Onegai means please

[3] Kaasan means mother

[4] Gomen means sorry