Case Closed Fan Fiction / Saint Tail Fan Fiction ❯ Both Sides ❯ Confrontation ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Both Sides
Chapter 3
~by Shimegami-chan
http://www.shimegami.com/ichijouji



Hattori's lying.

Saint Tail thanked God that she had more sense in her head than Asuka did. The look on Hattori's face when he had blurted out Kudo's fate had been more than enough to convince the wily thief. Kudo couldn't be dead. So was Hattori an accomplice to the crime?

And the Kaito Kid...Meimi had heard many stories about him. He was a legend of over 20 years, and simply couldn't be caught. He would leave riddles for the police just like the calling cards she left for Asuka, and despite the collaboration of the entire police force, always got away. He was amazing--but Meimi didn't approve of his morals. She did what she did in order to right wrongs, not for personal profit.

On the other hand, she simply couldn't see any motivation for Kudo to steal the jewel. Who else could it have been? Kid? Of course, there had been no calling card--a fact that could practically eliminate Kid from the suspect's list. And a smart guy like Kudo could probably pick the lock on the safe, not to mention figure out the jewel's location.

I'll check out Kudo, Saint Tail finally decided. I'll just go to his-- A door slammed, and Meimi realized that she had missed part of the conversation. The kid that had been with Hattori--Conan was his name, wasn't it?--had left the house and was in the driveway, mounting what looked to be an electric skateboard. The spectacled boy sped away leaving Meimi staring from the rooftop. This kid knows something.

I'll go after Kudo later. Saint Tail leapt onto the next house over, following Conan with her eyes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


Conan was deep in thought even as he shot around the evening Tokyo traffic, glad that Agasa had modified his solar-powered skateboard to work even in the dark. It had come in handy on more than one occasion.

Kid. This whole mystery was...intense. Never before had Conan been so stumped over a simple theft! It was still a possibility that the culprit was one of the city's lesser-known criminals, but who could possibly pull off such a stunt and successfully blame it on him?

Moreover...why would Kaito frame him? He had been chasing Kid for a long time, and they'd even come to an understanding not to reveal the others' identity at one point. Conan had great repect for Kid--and he was going to catch him, someday. He had thought that Kid shared that same respect for his detective skills, even in his small form.

So who--or what--was behind this fake Shinichi?

"Stop right there, kiddo."

A girl in what looked like half a tuxedo was perched atop a nearby fountain. "Good evening, Edogawa Conan. I understand that you're a friend of Hattori Heiji's."

"What of it?"

"Then tell me this: why did Hattori lie to Asuka, and where is Kudo Shinichi?"



....to be continued....



------------------------

Shi-chan : Review, please! ^___^