Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Joker's Wild ❯ The Desire for Revenge ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Magic Kaitou or Detective Conan. Sucks for me, but guess what? You don't own it either! Haha! Sucks for ALL of us! All I own is a deck of cards.
So now, without further ado, here is chapter one to my first Detective Conan fanfiction…

I present to you…

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I. The Desire For Revenge

She wanted to kill him.

She wanted to rip him to shreds, glue him back together, and rip him apart again. How could he? That complete idiot! Always outsmarting everyone one way or the other, never falling for anyone else's pranks no matter how hard an opposing other tried.

She wanted to kill him.

Someone had to get him back. A lot of people needed to get him back, but despite the countless attempts, everyone seemed to fail miserably. Either that or it backfired on the other person, too. Anyone who seemed to mess with him usually ended up embarrassed or all hope taken away from them at ever getting him back.

Oh, she wanted to kill him!

Aoko Nakamori stormed out of school, arms crossed, books held close to her chest. She looked awfully violent when enraged, so she made a path through everyone who had already crowded around. They seemed to split for her or dodge out of her way in fear of being run over. She didn't care of course. She didn't want to see his face, hear his voice, hear his footsteps behind her. She wanted nothing to do with the complete pervert who would not give her a break…

Kaito Kuroba.

How she despised that name. Of course, she had finally learned to wear shorts under her skirt, but nothing could have protected her from that horrible incident that had happened earlier…with the tofu… Aoko shuddered as she turned to walk down the sidewalk to her house, passing other students who were doing the same. She felt herself turning crimson as she recalled everyone staring at her and Kaito at lunch…. It was horrible, it could never have been worse. She passed a blur of more people.

”Oh, Kaito I'm going to kill you…” she said to herself. Aoko felt her shoulder hit the shoulder of another girl's, both of their books falling to the ground.

”Oh, I'm sorry!” the other girl said quickly, kneeling down to scoop her books up.

”It's fine.” Aoko said to the girl. She looked at her as she picked up her own books from the ground. “This is actually one of the better things that happened to me today.

”I'm sorry.” The other girl said. She stood up and tucked a piece of her long brown hair behind her ear. Aoko stood up as well, brushing herself off.

”Hey, your from Tetain, aren't you?” Aoko said, looking at the other girl's uniform.

”Yes, I am.” She said. “I couldn't help but hear you said you were going to kill someone…”

”This kid Kaito. He's really a jerk…”

”Kaito?”

”Kaito Kuroba.”

”I've heard about him.” The other girl said. “Isn't he supposed to be a pervert…?”

”Yep. I've known him since I was really little.”

”Oh, so your always stuck with him, then.”

”Yeah…”

The two gave a small laugh as the crowd around them seemed to die down.

”I'm Aoko Nakamori, by the way.” She said extending a hand.

”Ran Mouri.” The other girl said, giving her hand a shake. “And I'm sorry about Kaito.” She added.

”Eh, it always happens. I just wish I could get him back.”

”Get him back for what?”

”Everything. He always plays tricks on people…he's just a jerk sometimes.”

”I know someone like that…” Ran muttered, thinking back to her best friend the detective geek. “It's just not as severe, thank God.”

”But I mean, Kaito just likes to pick on everyone. Especially me…today really ticked me off.”

”What happened?”

”Tofu incident…” she said, looking down turning pink. “Don't ask.”

”That bad?”

Aoko nodded solemnly. “I've gotta think of someway to get him back. I will, it'll just take a while.”

”You know, I could try and help.” Ran said informatively. Of course, she had just met Aoko, but felt quite a bit sorry for her. She even felt they had a bit in common as they conversed.

”You could?” Aoko said, looking to Ran, her eyes wide. “But, we've just met and all, I mean…”

”I know, but the way you talk about Kaito, it seems like something needs to be done.”

”Something's needed to be done for a very long time.”

”Well, I think I can get a few people to help out.”

”Like a team?”

”Well, I have a good friend who's a, well, a `detective', and one of his, er, friends is one as well. Plus his girlfriend may even help out.”

”We could get him back! And plus, with two brilliant detective minds on the team, we could do some real damage!” Aoko said enthusiastically.

”Brilliant…hmm.” Ran said, highly doubtful Shinichi and Heiji were something a tiny bit short of brilliant. Of course, Aoko seemed to pay no attention to this comment.

”We'd have to really mess with his head. It takes a lot to trick him.”

”I think we can create a few ideas. How hard can it be?” Ran said with a shrug. “I can get in touch with Shinichi…I doubt he'll have the heart to call Heiji up, though. They're almost mortal enemies…” she continued, only to find Aoko seemed to be a bit, well, lost in her own little world of plotting.

'I'm sure Kazuha will be up for it, and possibly Sonoko…. Yeah, those four ought to be helpful, so, that's six…'

”Ran, you ok? You seemed to be in your own little world…plotting.” Aoko said, looking at her with a concerned expression.

”Takes one to know one, I suppose.” Ran muttered.

”Huh?”

”Oh, nothing! Aoko, you free tonight?”

”I can be.”

”Then I can try to round everyone up. We can start a game plan, maybe meet at Shinichi's…it's sure big enough…”

”Who's everyone?”

Ran sighed, a bit discouraged. Aoko wasn't turning out to be the brightest light as she hoped she would be. But she had to know a thing or two about Kaito. Ran was a bit shocked at herself for being so into something that hadn't even yet been planned or thought out. But it was worth a shot.

After talking over some more details about when to meet up, Aoko then set off to her own house, while Ran set off to hers.

”Ok, now to get everyone together…”

She grabbed her cell phone and opened the cover, dialing Shinichi's number frantically. She pushed send, then put the phone up to her ear, walking briskly now, anxiously waiting for him to pick up.

Riiiiiiing… Riiiiiiiing… Riiiii -

”Yeah?” came a bored voice

”Shinichi! It's me.” Ran said quickly into the phone.

”No need to yell it…”

”Listen, I need to ask you a favor. You know that kid Kaito, right?”

”I think you mean Kaito KID, Ran…”

”No, that kid from the school that everyone talks about…all the girls said he's a pervert…?”

”Oh yeah, I've heard guys talk about how far he's -“

”Shinichi!”

”Sorry. It's true.”

”Anyways, I met his best friend today, this girl named Aoko Nakamori.”

”Nakamori, yeah, I heard he had a daughter.”

”Yeah…anyways, she says he needs to be paid back. So, can you help us out?”

”What's in it for me?”

”Don't be selfish. Please Shincihi? It'll be fun!”

Shinichi sighed and Ran crossed her fingers.

”Fine.” He said after a few moments.

”Yay! Oh, er, can I ask something else?”

”I guess.”

”Can you call Heiji and ask him to bring Kazuha over to your house tonight so we can meet up and go over plans?”

”Hattori?! Ran, have you lost your mind? I'm not going to ask him to help -“

”Please! It'll help if we have a lot of people.”

”No.”

”Please, Shinichi!”

”I don't even know why I'm doing this for some girl I don't know to get back a guy who hasn't done anything wrong…”

”He's outsmarted everyone.”

”Please. I could easily outsmart him.”

”Then call Heiji and tell him to bring Kazuha if you want to do this!” she protested desperately.

”…fine.”

”Yay! We'll meet up at your place around eight.”

”Wha -“

”Gotta go, bye!”

”Ra -“

Ran snapped her phone shut, relieved. She had won half the battle, not if he could jus get those two morons to behave and think of something. “Guys always like a challenge…to show off.” Disgusted and thankful for this aspect of a guy's nature at the same time, Ran continued to walk home, tickled she had gotten her way.

* * * * *

Shinichi sat on his couch, phone in hand, his thumb over the first digit in Heiji's number. He had been sitting this way ever since he got off the phone with Ran…which was for about five minutes. Finally he heaved a sigh and began to punch in his number.

”The things I do for you, Ran…” he sighed.

Riiiiiiing… Riiiiiiiiing… Riiiiiiiiing… Riiiiiiiiing…

”Damn, what are you doing Hattori?” he whispered annoyed.

”Hello?” came a voice.

Shinichi cussed in his mind. “Hey, Hattori.”

”Why the hell are you calling me? I was in the middle of something.”

”Ran wanted me too.”

”Well, what does she need?”

”She wanted to know if you and Kazuha wanted to help get back at this kid Kaito.”

”Don't you mean Kaito KID? Your one to mess that up, Shinichi…”

”No you idiot, this kid at this other school named Kaito.”

”Oh, I've heard of him!” came a female's voice.

”Eh, Kazuha?” Shinichi asked.

”Give it.” Kazuha snapped. Shinichi heard a struggle then Kazuha's calm voice. “Yeah, he's a real pervert…everyone talks about what a genius he is though. Everyone wants to get him back.”

”Yeah, well, that's what Ran and this Aoko girl want to do. So, ya'll wanna be a part of it?”

”Of course!”

”A part of what?” came Heiji's voice.

”This plan to outsmart Kaito.” Kazuha said to him.

”I can outsmart him any day.” Kazuha sighed then talked to Shinichi again.

”So, like a team?”

”I'm not working with -OW!” Heiji yelped.

”Yeah, like a team.” Shinichi said.

”We're in! When do we meet up?” she said enthusiastically. “HEY!”

”Yeah, when?” Heiji said.

”Oh, my house at eight tonight.”

”I think I know where that is…the really big one, right?”

”Yeah.”

”Okay.”

”I'll let you get back to Kazuha - I mean, whatever you were in the middle of.”

”Shut up, you bastard.”

”See ya.”

”That was mean, Heiji -“ Kazuha said before Shinichi hung up the phone with great joy. He wouldn't have to put up with anyone for almost five whole hours, which was seemingly a miracle. Maybe it'd be fun plotting against someone, out smarting them and showing off a bit…maybe Ran would be a bit impressed… Either that or she'd think it was flat out stupid. But it was her idea, after all.