Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Kudo Duo ❯ chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2
"Interesting." Inspector Maguire said, they were all still inside Mr. Jinni's bedroom inspecting this Thomas Kudo. "Any relation to Jimmy Kudo?"

"I'm his older brother actually," Thomas said, scratching the back his head.

"I didn't know Jimmy had an older brother." Rachel said, now very interested in this new member of the Kudo family.

"Truth is he doesn't know he has an older brother either." Thomas replied, lowering his hand. "I'm only two years older than him, but the year that he was born I was hit by a car and put into a coma for eighteen years." Eighteen years? Conan thought, why didn't mom and dad tell me.

"Eighteen years?" The inspector said, "is that even possible."

"I was lucky." Thomas nodded.

"But you were only hit by a car," Conan chimed in. "I didn't know that could cause eighteen years of a coma and why doesn't Jimmy know that he had an older brother in the hospital? Why didn't his parents tell him?"

"Conan." Rachel warned him.

"No its okay," Thomas assured Rachel. "After I woke up the doctors kept me there to get my strength up to normal. A scientist named Dr. Agasa visited me, he gave me and Jimmy's parents phone number of where their current location was at. They explained to me that they couldn't tell Jimmy because after he was born he was to young to understand and when he grew older he became the best soccer player on the team and they didn't want him to be distracted and worry about me. Then they told me he had been solving mysteries here in this town and I came to find him. As for the coma, I only know that I woke up in the body of twenty year old." Thomas smiled at Conan.

I'll have to clarify this with Dr. Agasa, Conan thought.

"Where are you staying?" Rachel asked.

"Currently I've been staying at the police station because Dr. Agasa doesn't really have any place for me to sleep because even his bed is covered lab equipment." Thomas said.

"Hey maybe you can stay with us!" Rachel offered.

"Now wait a minute!" Richard and Conan yelled at the same time, Rachel gave them an evil glare and they backed off.

"Well that would be nice, actually I was wondering if I can get a job as an assistant detective to you Mr. Moore." Thomas said hopefully.

"An assistant detective?" Richard asked, puzzled.

"Basically help you with clues or take over on a case if your sick or on a vacation." Thomas said helpfully.

"Vacation!" Richard smiled, his eyes went big and bright. "Your hired!" Richard stuck out his hand for Thomas to shake it, Thomas took the offer and shook back. No wonder the word vacation would get Richard's attention, Conan thought.

"It will be nice working with all of you." Thomas smiled and shook Rachel's hand. He turned to shake Conan's hand, who paused before taking his hand. Almost immediately after the contact Thomas pulled away and frowned, but it disappeared and a smile replaced it. What was that about? Conan thought.

"I guess we should be going," Richard said now in a happy mood. "Do you have any luggage Thomas?"

"Please call me Tom." Tom said, "yes all my stuff is at the police station."

"Well lets get going," Rachel said, she started walking towards the door.

"Yeah, I better be going to." The inspector said, "the guys from the morgue will be here any minute." They all left the building, said goodbye to the inspector and then got into Richards car as soon as the guys from the morgue showed up. They drove to the police station where Tom got his luggage, he put the suitcase into the trunk and they went home. Once there Rachel gave Tom the tour, she took him to the kitchen.

"This is the kitchen," Rachel pulled out a hand to show him. "That's the living room, that's the hallway, that's the bathroom, that's my room, and that's my dad's room." Tom was in a daze because of how fast and short the tour was. "You'll be sleeping in the living room with Conan."

"I'm going hit the sack." Richard called out, he walked down the hallway to his own room.

"I think I'll go to sleep too, goodnight." Rachel said and then left. Tom put his suitcase next to the sofa, Conan lay there with his eyes open and looking like he wasn't going to sleep tonight at all, Tom sat down on the chair with the same look.

"So, Tom," Conan said, drumming his fingers on the couch. "How long exactly have you been awake?"

"About five weeks," Tom replied.

"Five weeks? It mustn't have taken long to get a job at the police station." Conan said, looking for any fault in Tom's story.

"Dr. Agasa backed me, plus when you drop the Kudo name on them they practically open their arms to you." Tom said, not stopping to think once.

"I see." Conan said, he stopped drumming his fingers. "You were hit by that car at the age of two, right? Well, shouldn't you still have the same mental capacity of a two year old?"

"Your inquisitive for a nine year old." Tom smiled, Conan frowned. "Inquisitive you may be, but nine year olds still need their sleep, so lets just go to sleep, goodnight." Tom closed his eyes and started to breathe slowly, Conan frowned and lay back on the couch. Why did he dodge my question? Conan thought, perhaps he's not saying something. Conan closed his eyes and went to sleep.

Conan opened his eyes, he was enveloped in darkness, he looked forward to see the figure of a man under a light. Conan could hear the man muttering something but couldn't it out. He walked closer to the man, and closer evermore. The man was bowing his head, when Conan walked up to him he raised his head.

"I know who you are, Jimmy Kudo!" The man said, Conan woke up before he could see the mans face more clearly. He sat straight up, he was sweating all over. What a strange dream, Conan thought, I've never had one like that before. Conan looked over to see Tom still sleeping, He settled back down on the couch and once again closed his eyes. I'll go to Dr. Agasa's in the morning, Conan thought as he opened one eye to see Tom, and then we'll see who you really are. Conan closed his eye and went to sleep.

The next morning Conan walked to Dr. Agasa's. It was a chilly day, so Rachel made him wear his scarf. I can't wait till I find a cure for this, Conan thought while tugged at the scarf, then people will take me seriously like they did before and then Richard wouldn't benefit off of my ability to solve mysteries. Conan smiled as he cherished the thought, he reached Dr. Agasa's lab and burst through the door.

"Dr. Agasa!" Conan yelled, he looked to see that he had caught the poor scientist by surprise, because the scientist had accidentally mixed the wrong chemicals and it exploded in his face. . . . literally.

"Hello Jimmy, what can I do for you today," Dr. Agasa smiled through a burnt face.

"Well I went to a case last night with Richard," Conan leaned against a bookcase. "But I had my work cut out for me."

"Oh, so the great detective Moore lived up to his reputation," Dr. Agasa's smile got bigger.

"Actually no," Conan said with downcast eyebrows. "A police officer did, in fact he proved Richard wrong. He said his name is Thomas Kudo and he claims to be my older brother." The smile disappeared off of Dr. Agasa's face, Conan was caught by surprise by the sudden change of Dr. Agasa's mood. "You mean you know, he's actually my older brother?!" Dr. Agasa nodded.

"Your parents made me swore never to tell you," Dr. Agasa bent down and placed a hand on Conan's shoulder. "Sorry Jimmy."

"Yeah well, Richard hired him as an assistant detective so he's living with us now," Conan said. "But what's strange is that he's been in a coma sense he was two, but he's incredibly smart, do you know why he's like that?" Dr. Agasa took his hand off of Conan's shoulder and stood up.

"That puzzled me too," Dr. Agasa looked over at his lab table and rubbed his chin. "He seems to have a great knowledge of the world, its as if he was never in a coma. Jimmy as soon as you get a chance you should ask him about it." Conan nodded.

"So what were you making anyway Doc?" Conan asked, crossing his arms.

"Chocolate milk," Dr. Agasa smiled weakly and held up a Hershey's bottle, Conan sighed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H ey you guys, the next few chapters will be more exciting but doesn't this chapter raise questions................well its kind of obvious.....anyway I'll update as soon as I can, please R&R!