Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Lost and found ❯ chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Detective Conan

Author: Cheerlin

E-mail: cheerlin88@hotmail.com

Anime: Detective Conan

Type: Romance &Drama

Disclaimer: Detective Conan doesn't belong to me. It belongs to Gosho Aoyama.

Chapter 6

"I don't ever want to see you again!" She said shrilly.
Her words were like a spell. It froze him.
"What do you mean by that?" He asked. Ran's eyes were filled with fresh tears but she tried her best to not let them fall.
"I mean that I don't want you to be in my life anymore." She whispered.
"But I love you Ran!" I love you!" Shinichi said desperately. Ran shook her head.
"No you don't. You're just saying it to make me feel better. Do you know how much I've missed you ; and the only thing that kept me alive was your phone calls but now…" She sobbed.
"If it was for the misunderstanding between me and Shiho…" He started but Ran silenced him by holding out her palm.
"You really don't understand, do you?" She asked.
"I do. I really do. I've suffered too Ran but I had to keep you safe!" Shinichi defended himself.
"Keep me safe from what? From being hurt by your love affair with that pretty blond girl?" She said , upset tone still strong.
"Ran, listen to me!" Shinichi demanded calmly but Ran just turned
around. She didn't want to face him. And in that moment her father
and mother stepped in. The first thing Kogoro Mouri did was to yell
like he always does.
"Shinichi Kudo! How dare you do this to my daughter? Get out of here!" Kogoro yelled frustrated, dragging Shinichi
out the door.
"Ran, listen!" Shinichi yelled.
"No, leave me." She whispered.
"You heard her." Eri said calmly but yet her expression was hard and flashed a dangerous glare. Shinichi was practically thrown out of the door.
"I'll wait. I can wait until you want to listen to me and finally accept me again." Shinichi said to Ran outside of the door. Ran silently sobbed.
"Ran, you should forget him. He only made you suffer for him. I've told you that detectives are no good." Eri said ; who were now sitting on the bed letting the tears flow.
"I know mum, I truly do." Ran replied. Eri stood there and watched her daughter go through almost the same situation like she with Kogoro and that made her suffer.
"Dear Ran, it's for the best." Eri added embracing her beloved daughter. Kogoro stood there silently watching the scene.
"Just like me and Eri once…" He thought and gave out a sigh.
Shinichi felt like his heart has been crushed. Silently he went
away. He couldn't do anything now when both Ran's parents are by her
and he knew he would anyway talk to her later on when she's better.
"I am glad she is safe from now." He silently thought. It was late
yet Shinichi didn't want to go home. He went to the park and sat
there thinking.
'What am I going to do now? In 3 hours I'll go back to be Conan again. Would it be better in that way? Ran hates me right now and she doesn't even want to talk to me. How about Gin and Vodka? They are still after me and Shiho and soon they'll get us in one or another way. What am I going to do?!" Shinichi hectically screamed in the dead of the night.
"Do what you should be doing" A response came to him. He looked at the spot were the voice came from. A figure came out of the shadow and he was surprised who it was.
"Shiho…" He widened. "How did you know I was here?" He blurted out
angrily. She smirked but sat on the bench next to him.
"I just know because I know you my dear detective, you're losing your touch." She said playfully but yet not looking at him. Shinichi stared at her as if she was from outer space. "I know you got dumped." She continued, facing him with a pleasant smile.
"I wasn't dumped!" He suddenly yelled but Shiho's smile lasted.
"Take it easy Kudo. You'll get a heart attack soon. You know what?" She suddenly said now very serious. "You don't need to be very upset about this. Soon you'll be Conan again and Ran will love you for who you are."
Shinichi shook his head and his light blue eyes got a very dark tone.
"The love she gives to Conan is love to a brother. Conan is not me. Not me Shinichi Kudo. I am sick of Conan!" He said and buried
his face in his hands. Shiho stared at him but soon she turned away.
"I know what you mean. I'm going through the same thing my dear but
we need to live with that. But you have a choice. You can tell her the truth and maybe she'll accept it ; if she truly loves you or she could hate you for the rest of her life."
"That was very encouraging!" Shinichi said ,giving out a loud sigh. "But she already hates me so maybe it doesn't matter anyway but if she knows, then the black organization is after her as they are after you and me. I just can't let that happen to her. I am a detective but the safety of other people is important. I don't want to be the cause of someone else's death." He explained.
"How about mine?" Shiho quietly whispered. Just for a second Shinichi was caught off guard but recovered quickly.
"Your safety is as anybody's safety so it's important. I thought you knew that Shiho. I can't lose you now after all. You're still going to make me the cure to this spell you put on me in the first place." He joked. He stared at Shiho's pretty face.
"She isn't that hard and bad after all. Just deep inside, she is a
very pretty girl."
he thought. Shiho started to blush when she realised that Shinichi was staring at her with those instinctive eyes of a detective. He had a pair of eyes that could look right through you as if you were of glass. To break the silence she opened the bag she brought with her.
"This is after all our first and maybe the last time we are who we were so I want to celebrate." She said, not facing him and took out a bottle of wine and two crystal glasses. She filled them and gave Shinichi one. "To us!" She said and proposed a toast. A small *cling* could be heard. Shinichi drank it all in one gulp and so did Shiho. They didn't even notice it but it seemed like a moment later they were both drunk and the bottle was empty.(A/N: I know, I know. People can't get drunk by drinking a bottle of wine but just say that they both don't drink much, okay?) Shinichi rose, holding the glass.
"Why?" He asked in the middle in the night. The stars were twinkling brightly and the moon was looking down at the two red faced humans.
"First you gave me the chance to see her in my real form but in just a second later you're taking her away from me. Are you playing with me?" He asked the sky. Shiho dropped her glass and it broke into a thousand pieces but she didn't care. Walking to him ;she embraced him from behind.
"No Shinichi, they're not playing with you. Please don't do this to yourself." She begged. Shinichi was silent but he turned around to face the sobbing girl. He wiped away a tear from her cheek and brought her nearer.
"Don't cry Shiho, it's breaking your image." He said. Not even wanting to ;she started to chuckle.
"What's the kind of image you're getting from me Kudo?" She asked with her casually tone but it had a hint of curiousity.
"Well, you're always having this cool and cold like image. Like you're getting through everything without help but I know you're not that kind of person. Not when you're with
Ayumi and not when you're with me. I want you to stop with that act. Deep down I know you're a very wonderful and nice person." He said tenderly, catching her eyes in his.

She nodded and smiled.
"You really have figured me out but you know why I have to act in this way." She said and lowered her gaze almost painfully from his eyes. Not even expecting it Shinichi pushed her closer to him and she could smell his cologne. She just wanted to stay in his protective arms and wanted to feel his touch in this cold night. They stayed in that position in a while until Shiho started to get cold. Her small body
was shaking and her lips started to take on a hint of blue. Shinichi loosened his grip on her. Just like a gentleman he gave her his jacket and in silence they walked home, both with new thoughts.