Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Magic Kaito - Kimochi ❯ Kimochi ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Kimochi

Author's Note: Amazing what boredom at your grandparent's house with a laptop handy does. Had been rereading the Magic Kaito manga again and kept thinking about Toichi's picture on the wall. Most people know that the secret room behind the portrait is where the Kid stuff is kept, but some people may not know that the opposite side of the portrait is a picture of Toichi as the Kid. That got me thinking; that side of the picture only shows if someone's inside the room... And due to a lack of creativity to create one, Kuroba-san (Kaito's mother) is without a first name in her scene. For those who don’t know, kimochi is Japanese for feelings.

---------------------------

1 - Feelings of a Mother

---------------------------

She sighed to herself as she walked past the portrait of the first phantom thief.

She was not upset that her son had found the room, nor was she upset that he was taking over the role of the Kid. She knew it would be pointless to even attempt to stop him. The only thing left to do was to pray that Kaito would not get caught or worse, killed by the men who had killed her husband. It had made her feel slightly guilty; never having told her son the truth. Maybe that was why she never tried to stop him.

She placed her hand very lightly on the portrait of her husband's other self.

"Toichi, protect him," she said in almost a whisper before going downstairs.

Kaito looked up from his father's notes. He thought he had heard something but he passed it off as his imagination.

-------------------------

2 - Feelings of a Friend

-------------------------

Aoko walked quietly up the stairs. Jii had said that Kaito had gone for a walk outside to try to get rid of his sleepiness from his cold.

"This is the second time this week Kaito has been absent due to illness," she sighed to herself, dropping the day's assignments on the desk in Kaito's room.

As she left through the hallway, she noticed something different.

"Wasn't this a picture of Kaito's father a little while ago?" she asked herself quietly.

Kaito loved his father more than anything else in the world, including magic, why would he take down his picture to put up one of the Kid?

"...Stupid Kid otaku..."

Kid...he had already done a heist this week and was supposed to strike again tonight.

Aoko sighed and leaned against the wall. "Father is going to be late again tonight..."

Suddenly the wall behind her opened and she rolled into the room. A very surprised phantom thief and an inspector's daughter found themselves staring at eachother face-to-face.

Everything suddenly made sense. The illnesses, the absences...everything.

"Kaito...what are you doing in that..."

She stopped; it was pointless. She knew the answer and fell to her knees on the floor not daring to look at Kaito's face anymore.

The thief remained silent, put on the tophat and left the room.

Through her tears she could have sworn she had heard the thief speak to her.

"...I'm sorry...Aoko."

--------------

2nd Author’s Note: Will I add more parts later? Perhaps. I just wanted to get these two out of the way.