Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Outai Ookami ❯ The Disappearance ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I sang along with my cd as I drew a quick sketch of my family. 'Twas a quiet night. Perfect for working in my art studio. "Tidal waves, they rip right through me...tears from eyes mourn, cold and sad...pick me up now, I need you so bad--" That`s when I heard the door open.
"Megumi, what`re you listening to?"
I looked up to see my twin brother, Shinichi Kudo, jr., standing in the doorway of the studio.
"It`s called American rock, Shinichi." I responded. "And it`s very good music."
"Huh...Listen, that Kuusou kid you hang around is here. You know...Yoko`s sister..."
"YAY!" I rushed out of the room and to the front door, where Kuusou stood. "Hi, Kuusou!"
"Hiya, Megumi!" she responded.
"Didga bring the stuff?"
"What stuff?" Shinichi Kudo, sr., asked from behind me. My father was a great detective. He should know this!
"It`s popcorn, Dad." I said. Kuusou handed the paper bag she held in her hand to my father, who looked inside. Yep. Popcorn. "You girls watching a movie?"
"Yep." Kuusou responded. "'Spirited Away'. I heard it was really good."
"It IS, Kuusou!" I said happily. Dad handed me the bag, and we rushed up the stairs to my room.


"So..." I said after the movie had ended. "How`s it going with Akage Ookami, Kuusou?"
"Well...let`s just say that we`re in dire need of a trumpet player." she said. "And we heard that you were first chair trumpet in the band, so..."
"You asking me to join in on the band?"
"Yeah!"
"I ACCEPT!" I danced around the room, making Kuusou laugh. Shinichi poked his head in, and looked around. "Uh...I`m not even gonna ask." he said. We stopped what we were doing, and looked at Shinichi. "Hey, bro!" I said.
"Hi, Megumi! Listen, I`m going out with Naomi. Don`t wait up for me, 'kay?"
"All right. See ya."
He got his head out of the room and closed the door.

didn`t return the next day.