Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ Plotless Point of View ❯ Ai ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Anime » Detective Conan/Case Closed » Plotless Point of View B s : A A A Author: Night-Blaze Fiction Rated: K - English - General - Reviews: 5 - Published: 10-06-04 - Updated: 10-06-04 id:2084188
document.write('');

A/n : I know this fic is quite silly and pointless, plotless and maybe a bit out of character. However I would appreciate it if you just read it and give me a feed back. I am considering if I should write other fics about this but with alternate point of views...

Anyway, on with a fairly plotless story. Standard disclaimers apply here as well...


Plotless Point of View

Ai's POV

The kids have come over to play in Agasa's house again. Conan included. He seems a little less enthusiastic compared to his other companions but it is more than I can usually muster for such occasions. Agasa has come up with yet another one of his new inventions and, to me, it is just a much more improved and advanced version of a Gameboy.

Let me clarify something before I go on. I did not say that the professor's invention is primitive or anything but this time, it really is just a Gameboy, a toy that children play with, a handheld electronic device where kids play all sorts of games on.

The professor has a truly brilliant mind but sometimes, I wish he would invent more constructive devices to help Kudo and I keep an eye on the Black Organization and not get caught in the process. He usually meets the standard that I mentally set for him, though occasionally, he even surprises me. But I will never let him know this from me.

Conan is now the one playing with the 'Gameboy'. As usual, all the other kids have lost and now it's his turn. Hmmm... interesting... from the concentration lines on his face, this seems to be quite a tough game to play and yet, judging from the facial expressions of the kids, he is obviously winning. Perhaps I might have a go at it later if it proves challenging enough.

"Yahoo..!! Conan has won!" The kids cry.

I smile ever so slightly and raise my eyebrow when Conan looks up from the game and straight at me. He gives me a crooked smile and says, "You should try playing this sometime. It's pretty challenging."

"Perhaps I will, once you explain to them how you won." I say, gesturing to his surrounding audience. He only gives me a pained look while I give him a seemingly innocent smile. What I just suggested is what he fears most; and in trying to avoid it, he tried to pique my interest so that I would take the Gameboy off his hands. He would have succeeded too if I hadn't known him as well as I do.

He knows me very well too, for not many are able to capture my interest as quickly and as easily as he does. He knows that I will only 'play' with something if it is challenging, regardless of other people's views on whether or not it is 'fun' to play with.

Although I must confess that there are times when I'm with the kids that I do experience fun without it involving a murder case.

However, if anyone ever wants anything challenging, all that that person needs to do is to hang around Kudo or Conan, whichever way one sees it. I am now used to thinking of him as "Edogawa Conan", but whenever a case arises, he sheds his act of being a seven year old kid. Slight though it may be, but when it happens, I can't help but be reminded once again that this boy is actually teenager "Kudo Shinichi". As Kudo, trouble always arises when he is around, so even as 'Conan-kun', there is no exception to that rule.

I see that Ayumi has finally cornered Conan into teaching her how to win that game. To my amusement, I also see that Genta and Mitsuhiko are looking unfavorably at Conan right now as he is teaches Ayumi. To those two boys, Conan looks as if he is reacting quite positively towards Ayumi's advances though I know better.

He is pretty much sweating himself dry trying to think of a way to get out of this situation, probably cringing at himself since the other two boys are staring daggers at him and very embarrassed too, for he knows very well that Ayumi likes him.

I snicker. I just can't help it. Since it wasn't too loud, I doubt that anyone notices at all. But apparently Conan's hearing is very sharp because for an instant he sends me a death glare. That makes my hidden grin even larger. This kind of scene had been replayed nearly everywhere the "Detective Kids" have been to together.

It is a very familiar scene and as usual, I do not help him in this kind of situation a single bit. I enjoy seeing him squirm under his own skin. I think that it must be a rare sight to see Kudo squirm in discomfort for any reason other than Mouri Ran, which is why I usually let Agasa rescue him or watch him maneuver the kids out of his hair.

I wonder why Mitsuhiko is looking at me right now and not at Ayumi. I mentally sigh. I know for sometime now that he has a minor crush on me and he can't decide if he should just give in and surrender Ayumi to Conan then come after me or should he still remain loyal to Ayumi.

Personally, I will obviously advice him to try the latter as it has a much higher success rate than the former. Maybe someday I will give him that admonishment but now, so long as he still hasn't stepped past the boundary, I'll leave him alone.

As I look up at Mitsuhiko, he quickly averts his attention back to Conan and Ayumi. I also avert my attention to Ayumi. She is certainly a sweet girl but I will say that she is pretty perceptive too. I believe she will actually grow up to become a successful detective too, so long as she keeps her emotions in check.

However, I do pity her. She can gain Conan's affection easily enough but she can never gain his love; the girl named Mouri Ran, his current 'guardian' has totally ensnared his heart. I had contemplated a relationship with Kudo, but it just won't work out and so I will just leave that matter at that.

"Don't you think that you should help him out a little?" Professor's voice comes from over my head. I look up to be greeted by his amused face still looking at the other kids' antics.

"Maybe I will, but not yet. I am enjoying myself right now and, from the looks of it, so are you." I settle myself back comfortably back into my personal armchair to continue watching the scene before me and also to hide my widening grin. "However, if you want to, YOU can always be the one helping him out."

"Like I would! You said so yourself, I'm enjoying myself. It isn't often that I get to see Kudo squirm beneath his skin like that." The professor answers. "Anyway, after all that hard work of inventing that game-playing device, I think I deserve a rest." This is soon followed by a sound that indicates that he, too, is settling himself down on the armchair behind me and making himself comfortable.

I turn my attention back to Conan. He now has a pained expression on his face as Ayumi begins to inch closer while the two other boys give him more and more murderous looks. He quickly ends his explanation to the kids and gets off the couch with the game device in hand. He walks towards me. I raise my eyebrow and look back into Conan's eyes as he hands it to me.

"Please take it." He pleads, then in a softer voice, "For the peace of my mind, just help me this time and I will owe you a favor. I have a headache today and am not up to the task of handling them on my own without losing my temper even though I know they are pretty much innocent."

All this is very amusing to me and as we are still out of earshot of the kids I reply, "Alright, but you will have to keep your end of the bargain. You owe me one, and it shall be anything that I shall ask of you. Is that alright with you?"

He eyes me suspiciously and on seeing the ends of my mouth twitch slightly, he sighs in defeat. "So long as whatever that you ask of me isn't against my own principles." And we shake on that before I take the 'Gameboy' from him and proceed to examine the nature of the game.

Ayumi looks at me balefully as I take the 'Gameboy' offered to me by Conan. She still thinks that I like Conan. That is a pretty amusing thought. However, I shall admit that he is a rather interesting person to be with and that he often piques my interests in things that was once of no consequence to me in the past.

He intrigues me; but I can safely say that I am not in love with him. It is just that he and I have more things in common than with the rest of the other average kids and thus making us seem closer in the eyes of this young girl.

I pretend to be interested by the game as I ignore the eyes of everyone else in the room as they look at me. Then Conan asks permission from Agasa to use his spare guest room so that he can have some privacy and rest, all the while massaging his temples with his hand.

It seems he really has a headache, and my admiration for him rose a bit more. He has endured the other members of the Detective Kids for a whole day now and still hasn't lost his temper with them; I don't think there are many who have as high a tolerance level as he has for kids.

Ayumi, Genta and Mitsuhiko look like they have found other ways to entertain themselves and allowed Conan to excuse himself from their game. The Professor is still sitting in his armchair with a mysteriously contented smile on his lips as he surveys the situation from his corner.

I guess this will end like any other eventless day in this house when the whole gang would come over. There are no cases to be solved, no interactions with police officers and dead bodies, no transformations from Edogawa Conan to Kudo Shinchi and best of all, the day will end in peace.

Days like this are very rare and precious. I am grateful for these days of peace in my life of constant danger with Kudo. But I know too that such peace is very fragile and can break at any moment. Nevertheless, I will enjoy this while it lasts.

Hmm.... This game the Professor created is actually quite interesting; perhaps I should put in more effort to play the game. And for a peaceful day like this, I am glad I have people to share it with – even though it may be a mismatched group of people. As irritating as the kids, Conan and occasionally Professor Agasa are to me, they are now perhaps the closest thing I have to a family and I shall do anything in my power to protect them.

I seem to be developing a sentimental side lately. I think Conan is rubbing off on me too much but I don't resent such feelings. Surprisingly, I even enjoy such emotions somewhat. Family. This is as close as I can have at present and so I will treasure it. Now, all I have to do is keep my mind on the game. I will not let Conan beat me in such trivial things.

#OWARI/#

A/n: Quite out of character eh? But if you have read till this point, maybe you can just give me a review, some feedback? I would really appreciate that. THANX.

If things come out weird meaning the fonts and symbols don't blame me. somehow, the editor doesn't seem to cooperate with me very well at all.

-Blaze-