Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Case of The Falling Elevator ❯ Prolouge ( Prologue )

[ A - All Readers ]

The elevator slowly crancks down, taking a lone teen girl with dark brown eyes and light brown hair tied back in a sweet little ponytail down to the bottom floor from several stories up. She had reached somewhere between fourteen and fifteen when the whole car stopped. She tried to make it go down, but it only went up, up three stories and plumeted, her screams echoed, and she barely made it to the bottom, just then, she was pulled back up, faster then she'd come down.

Someone was trying to kill her, she was running out of air, her screams only made it worse, she couldn't get out, her screams echoed as her elevator shaft crashed to the ground, shattering the doors on the first floor, throwing her out into the hall, her eyes open wide with fear, every inch of her body was covered in the blood from her wonds, like she'd been killed before she fell.

~@~

"So, this is what the great Detective Moore is doing on a Saturday night, listening to Rachel snore in the next room while Conan takes forever in the bathroom. How exciting."
"That and you need to help me with this new case." Quinten Mifen said, holding out the documents. "Her name's Suichi Ryu. She was a great student, took advanced classes, loved to play the piano, and lived with only her mother. Pritty boring compared to what your doing, eh?"

"Yeah. When'd she die?"

"She seemingly died four hours after the impact from the elevator. She died trying to get out of the hotel she'd been sent to. Apparently she's from out of town and she was going to see her mother."

Conan stood there in the hall, listening.

Quinten Mifen was one of the good detectives in the house, but he wasn't the only one who liked to snoop deeper into a case. He'd stopped by to help Richard and ended up with a whole new case to help solve.

"Hey, look at this."
"Normally if people move before they die, don't their eyes shut?"

"Exactly, her eyes are still wide open, and her blood is smeared everywhere."

"Something tells me she was dragged there and then left, but why Suichi? Why not the bus boy or the hotel manager?"

'Good questions, Richard,' Conan thought as he went to bed.

"By the way, they're going to call us to the sene. According to police, no one saw this girl until a woman found the body."

"Good, then we'll get a good look at her then. See you tomorrow, then, Richard?"

"Yeah, sure. See ya near the dead girl."

Quinten gave a snort. "Ha, like that'll ever happen."