Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Hunt Begins ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapter 3
Hunt Begins

Beep, beep, beep! Was the sound he heard as he rolled onto his back reaching over and shutting off the alarm. He stared up at the ceiling for a couple minutes as yesterdays events resurfaced. He slowly pushed up as he wiped the sleep from his eyes, reaching over for the remote turning the TV on. He laid back as a news alert came in.

"We have just got word of another abduction, one killed another missing."

He sat back up as he looked on.

"A young boy was found under a bridge with his arms and legs bound together, Police are keeping the details of his death close to their chest, but the boy's younger sister is still missing."

He shut the TV off as he slid out of bed heading toward the bathroom.

"That makes it nine children abducted, one killed." Tim thought to himself as he turned the shower on.

He slowly washed up as he heard someone yelling in the other room next to his. Tim stepped out as he quickly dried. He walked over brushing his teeth as he looked into the mirror wondering what today would have in store for him.

"If I'm correct Deadshot should be making a move within these next two days, I need to find out Katina Sugo's schedule." Tim noted to himself as he got dressed.   

He walked down the street as Teitan Elementary came into view. He had ten minutes before class started as he walked up to the side. Conan leaned up against the school wall
, thinking about the abductions.

“So now we’re up to nine kidnappings, the sooner I figure who and why the better.”
 

Conan heard someone approaching him as he turned to see genitor Logan heading his way.

“How are you doing this morning Conan?” He asked.

“Fine I guess.”

“I’m sure you’ve heard about the kidnappings, you be careful you here.”

“Yah, I know.” Conan said.

“I’ll see you later, if you need anything you know where to find me.”

With that he walked off. Conan stood in silence for the next five minutes as he made his way to the classroom. Ayumi was the first of his friends to arrive as she took a seat behind him.

“Hey Conan did you find out anything new?” Ayumi asked.

“Not really, but I’m still working on it.”

Conan dug around in his bag as he pulled out his note book and pencil and placed them onto his desk.

“Conan.” Ayumi whispered.

Conan turned around once more.

“What’s wrong?”

“If they take me, will you be there to save me?” Ayumi asked.

Conan stared over at her.

“No one’s going to take you.” Conan replied.

“But what if they do, I need to know.”

A couple moments go by.

“I won’t let anything happen to you.” Conan assured.

“Thanks Conan.”

“I really need to crack this case.”

He walked down the hall holding his books in hand.

“I checked Katina’s phone records, she’s planning on taking a train to a different city later tonight.
11:00 P.M. to be exact. Red Robin will be there to escort her.” Tim thought to himself.

He was deep in thought  as someone walked by bumping into him causing his books to drop along with there’s.

“I’m so sorry.” A woman said as both bent down for their things.

It took a couple seconds as they sorted everything out. Tim grabbed his things as he looked forward. He barely recognized her at first, last time he saw her she was naked.

“Hi..” She said softly.

“Hey.” Tim replied.

They both held their books to their chest as they stood up, keeping eye contact the whole way up. She tilted her head to the side as others walked past. She slowly looked back up at him.

“You must be Tim.”

“You must be Ran.”

Ran smiled at this.

“About yesterday...I.” Tim began.

“It’s ok, Sonoko told me everything.”

“I was out of line to come into your home, even if I heard you scream.”

“It’s ok, why don’t we just start over.” Ran suggested.

“Ok.”

“Hi, I’m Ran.” She said.

“Nice to meet you Ms. Mouri, I’m Tim.” He replied.

Moments went by.

“She sure has a nice smile.” Tim thought to himself.

“He has class, just like Sonoko said.”

“Well....I guess I’ll see you around.” Tim said as he stepped to the side of her heading to class.

“Tim wait.”

He turned and looked over at her.

“Would you be interested in having a tour of the city tonight?”

“I’d hate to say no, but.”

“I’d love that.”

“Great we’ll meet up later, I’m sure you’ll like Conan.” She said as she made her way to class.

“Wait, I don’t have your number?”

“We’ll meet after school.” She replied.

“But I said yes anyway.”

The bell rang as Conan made his way out. Salekea caught up to him as she grabbed a hold of his arm.

“Hey Conan.” She said with joy in her voice.

“Hey Salekea.” Conan said.

“You’re really smart, thanks for helping me with the problem today.” She said gripping around his left arm.

“Yea, anytime.” Conan said as he began to blush.

“Do you have any siblings?”

“No, how about you?”

“I’m an only child as well. Can I ask you something?”

“Sure, you can ask me anything.”

“Do you like me?” She asked as they turned the corner to see the other‘s.

“Hey Conan you ready to crack that case?” Mitsuhiko asked as they all noticed Salekea latched onto his arm.

“Conan what’s she doing here?” Genta asked as she hid behind him.

“Does she have any detective skills worth mentioning?” Mitsuhiko asked.

Conan could feel the tears coming from her eyes on the back of his neck.

“Your friends hate me, just like at my old school!!!!” She yelled as she took off sobbing.

“No wait!!” Conan yelled.

She kept running as she turned the corner. He was about to run after her but decided against it. Conan turned as he glared over at the others.

“Now look what you guy’s did.”

“Are you mad Conan?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“Was she your girlfriend or something?” Genta added.

“She’s your girlfriend?” Ayumi asked looking surprised as her eyes watered up.

Ai found this whole situation to be humorous. Conan then realized he went a little over board.

“Salekea’s just a friend, you guy’s didn’t have to scare her off.”

“I had nothing to do with this.” Ai exclaimed as she sat up on the wall next to her.

“Sorry Conan, I didn’t mean to make her feel bad.” Mitsuhiko apologized.

“Me to, I didn’t think it would turn out like that.” Genta said.

He made his way to his locker as he placed his books inside. His phone vibrated as he looked down to see he had one missed call. Tim decided he’d check it later as he continued.

“Things sure d
o spread. When I got to gym class Argo and Zee already knew I’d be heading out with Ran tonight. I don’t think Zee was to thrilled about it either.”

Tim lined his books up in alphabetical order as he took a step back and looked them over. He then closed his locker as he made his way down the hall.

“Argo gave me something wrapped in a paper bag and said give it to Ran as a gift, informed me she likes to cook.”

Tim continued to walk as he exited the school. He caught sight of Ran sitting at a bench
near the side walk. She smiled, he did the same as he walked over.

“I’ve been waiting for you.” Ran said as she stood up.

“Sorry about that, usually take my time getting out. Where was Sonoko today?”

“She had something to do, did you miss her?” Ran playfully asked.

“It was much duller in science class today.”

“Hahaah ha. Let’s go, there’s someone I want you to meet.”

“Ok.” Tim said as he followed her.

They met at the park once again as they went through the case. Conan thought to himself as the others talked openly. Ai noticed this as she walked over to him.

“You ok, you’ve seemed a little off these past few days.”

“Just anxious is all.” Conan replied as his phone vibrated.

He answered it as he heard Dr. Agasa on the other end.

“Got anything good for me Doc?”

“Two more children were abducted.”

“Great, any more clues on who we could be looking for?” Conan asked.

“No but there is a public video just released showing them in a store just before they were taken.”

“Think you can send that to me?” Conan.

“Already ahead of you.”

Conan held his phone out as the video slowly uploaded. Ai came to his side as they watched on. They looked to see a clothes store.

“This must be survaliance footage.” Conan thought to himself.

They watched as a couple people walked around. Then a young boy and girl came into the picture.

“That must be them.” Ai pointed.

The girl walked toward the left as she left the screen. The boy on the other hand hesitated, then followed after. The video came to an end.

“Don’t think that helped to profile our killer.” Ai said.

Conan watched the video once more, then for a third time.

“Before the girl walked off, it looked like she was talking to someone
, someone prompted her. The boy hesitated to follow on the other hand, he did in the end.” Conan thought to himself analyzing the footage.

“Dr Agasa were all the people in that store questioned within that hour?” Conan asked.

“Yes, they all were clean.” Dr. Agasa replied.

“What are we dealing with?” Conan questioned.

“I wish I knew.” Ai said.

“Could this be the work of ‘the shape’?”

“Conan, Conan!!!”

Conan and the rest of the Detective Boy looked over as Ran approached along with Tim.

“Ran!” Ai said as she walked over to greet her.

The rest of the group did the same.

“Hey everyone, I want you to meet a new friend of mine, his name is Tim.”

“Hi Tim.” Ayumi said jumping up.

Tim knelt down to their level as he looked the group over.

“So what are your names?” Tim asked in a friendly tone.

“I’m Haibara Ai.” She said slightly swinging her hair to the side.

“Kojima Genta, leader of the Detective Boys.”

“My name’s Tsuburaya Mitsuhiko.”

“And I’m Yoshida Ayumi.”

“That must mean you’re Conan.” Tim said as he looked over at him.

“How did you know my name?”

“Ran told me.”

“Tim, what do you think about my new necklace I got?” Ayumi asked stepping forward.

Tim reached out holding it in his hand as his thumb rubbed against it.

“It’s really nice.” Tim commented.

“He’s good with kids, that’s a plus.” Ran thought to herself.

“You said you’re leader of the Detective Boys, are you guy’s detectives?” Tim asked.

“You’re exactly right, we’re the best young detectives you’ll ever see.” Genta said proudly.

“I wouldn’t doubt it. You kids stay out of trouble now.” Tim said with a smile as he stood back to his feet.

“Need to find out when Deadshot will strike.”

“I better get going, I’ll see you tonight ok.” Tim said as he looked over at Ran.

Ran watched as he walked off.

“Tonight, are they going on a date?!!” Conan thought to himself.

“Conan you ready to go home?” Ran asked.

“Yea sure, I’ll see you guy’s later.” Conan said as he and Ran made their way home.

It was a quite walk home. The wind blew past them as the leafs scattered about. Conan looked up at Ran who had a large smile on her face.

“Don’t tell me she actually likes that guy.”

They continued to walk as Conan rolled his eyes at the thought of Ran going on a date. Conan looked down as they continued to walk. Ran noticed this.

“Is something wrong Conan?”

“I’m fine, just a long day.”

“What do you think about coming with me and Tim tonight?”

“I’d love to come, he seems like a cool guy!”

“I knew you would.”

“Good, now I can keep an eye on this Tim.”

He spent the rest of daylight plotting out his move for Deadshot. Night came as he tossed on a casual suit
. He grabbed the bag Argo had given him as he exited the apartment. He walked down the streets as he observed the many constructions which made up the city. Tim made his way over as he is met by Conan in the front.

“Hi Conan.”

“So how are you liking it down here so far?” Conan asked.

“I must say I’m enjoying the time away from the business side of things.”

“Where are you from?”

“Gotham City, it’s much different than here.”
“Never been there, is it a lot of fun?”

“Just like any big city I’d say it’s very flexible on what you can do. Though the winters can be very bitter.”

Their conversation came to an end as Ran came walking out in a casual black skirt.

“You look nice.” Tim commented.

“Thank you.”

“Let’s go shall we.” Tim said.

They walked around the city going from stores to the open markets which filled the streets. They went into a shop as Ran tried on multiple outfits as Tim and Conan sat around for over thirty minutes.

“And this my friend is why you don’t go shopping with women.” Tim said.

“That we can agree on.” Conan thought to himself.

Ran walked over as she fixated her attention on a red dress. She looked it over for nearly a minute as Tim and Conan walked over.

“You like that one?” Conan asked.

“Yea.... it’s just a little to expensive.”

“If you really want it I can get it for you.”

“No, that’s ok.”

“I insist.” Tim said as he grabbed the dress off the hanger.

“Tim you don’t have to.”

“It’s ok Ran, I want to.” Tim replied as he walked over and paid.

“What about you little man, see anything you like?” Tim asked as he walked back over.

Conan’s eyes skimmed around  as they locked onto a black suit. Conan walked over as he rubbed his hand on the slick leather.

“This one is perfect.” Conan said.

“I knew you’d find something.” Tim said.

Tim paid for the suit as they made their way back onto the streets. They went out for ice cream, ice skating, and then watched fire works which went off in the distance. After the fireworks finished they made their way down the street.

“I must say I enjoyed my time.” Tim said.

“I’m glad you did, we should do this again.” Ran said as someone jumped from the side of a building holding a gun.

“I want all jewels and money, have the kid hand it over.” He said calmly.

“Think you could put the gun away?” Tim asked.

“Shut up.”

Ran slowly moved back as he yelled out.

“Don’t move bitch!!”

“Just a couple more.......now!”

Before Tim could make a move Ran tossed the dress to him while at the same time kicking the gun out of the man’s hand. She lunged forward landing multiple blows to his body then finishing him off with a striking kick.

“Hot damn.” Tim mumbled.

Conan’s eyes narrowed as he looked up at Tim.

“There’s something about this guy. He didn’t even budge when that man jumped out, he was calm and collective the whole time.” Conan thought to himself.

Ran pulled out her cell phone as she called the police
. They waited for the police to arrive to apprehend the gunman. They then took off. They came to a park as the three of them took a seat at a bench. They observed the night sky as Tim began to tell stories about the stars.

“You’re such a nerd.” Ran stated.

He ignored this as he continued on. This lasted for another ten minutes or so.

“Tim were you scared back there?” Ran asked.

“I think when anyone holds a gun to you, it lets out the fear. Good thing you were there, I’m some what of a slouch in combat.” Tim lied.

“So...I guess this is where we call it a night.” Ran said.

Another minute or so goes by as they just look up at the night sky.

“Ran....... I... have something else for you.” Tim said as he pulled out the paper bag Argo had given him.

“I wonder what’s in the bag.” Conan thought to himself.

Ran took the bag into her lap as she peaked inside. Tears slowly rolled down her face as she looked over at Tim.

“What’s wrong?”

She slapped him as she tossed the dress at his face. Ran then got up as she stormed off. Tim pushed the dress from his face as he ripped the paper bag open to reveal a stash of condoms. Conan jumped up at this as Tim punched the side of the bench. Argo and Zee had played him. Conan jumped down as Tim looked over at him.

“Keep the suit kid, it will look nice on you.”

“I think he was just as surprised as Ran and I, did he not know what was inside?”

Conan nodded as he walked off after Ran. Tim threw the dress over his shoulder as he looked down at his watch. It read 9:05
.

“Looks like I got an early date with Katina Sugo.” Tim said as he walked off.

He took a taxi back to his apartment. Once in he tossed the dress onto his bed as he suited up for work.

“I made my way to the subway as I watched her go through security. No sign of Deadshot......yet.”

Red Robin hid near the ceiling scouring the crowd for Floyd Lawton. He saw no sign of him. Katina entered the train as she took a seat near a window.

“Bingo, he’s goanna strike any time now.”

A minute passed by and nothing happened.

“Where is he, does he plan on boarding or something?” Red Robin questioned.

In the next minute the engine started as the train began to move.

“Just great.” He said as he used his grappler to swing to the top of the train.

They went down a dark tunnel. This lasted for about a minute as the train headed out. Red Robin stayed low as not to lose his balance.

“Why didn’t he strike, I felt sure he would.” Red Robin said as he saw another set of train tracks to the left.

A loud sound can be heard in the far distance as Red Robin focuses his attention into that direction. Not to far away on the other set of tracks another train was coming. Tim used the cowl’s zooming system to get a closer look.

“Let’s see if there is anything suspicious over there.” Red Robin said.

As he looked on one of the cargo doors on the other train slid open.

“Got him!” Red Robin said as he caught sight of Deadshot holding a rifle.

“So he was going to shoot her when the two trains crossed, clever move. The only thing he didn’t account for was someone like me.” Red Robin said as he reached for one of his bird disks.

The trains continued to motor on as they came closer to one another.

“I’m going to have to time this just right, if I mess up, Katina dies.”


He held the bird disk just right under his chest as the other train came within a few yards. He looked on as Deadshot lifted his gun ever so slightly.

“Almost....not quite.”

Deadshot flung the rifle up as he took aim.

“And here....we............go!!!!!” He yelled as he threw the bird disk knocking the rifle out of his hand.

Deadshot looked up as he saw Red Robin glide over to the same train as him. He headed to the top as Red Robin followed after him.

“It’s over Deadshot, give it up.”

“Your that Red Robin aren’t you, heard about you from Catman.”

“Why are you going after the Sugo’s?” Red Robin asked.

“Don’t see how that is any of your business, you should head back to Gotham while you still can.”

“Not without you I and the creep your working with.” Red Robin declared.

“Who say’s he’s here?” Deadshot said as he began to fire at Red Robin with a wrist device of some kind.

Red Robin dodged around avoiding the bullets and keeping his distance. Deadshot took advantage of this as he shot the hinges off at the end of the train where he stood.

“Goodbye Red Robin.” Deadshot waved.

Red Robin looked back as he took to a knee.

“He got away....but only this time.” Tim thought to himself as the train took him back to where he had started.

To Be Continued


Converting /tmp/phpbVneim to /dev/stdout