Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Mystery of the Kid Thief ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapt
er 6
Mystery of the Kid Thief

He paved his way down the street, staring into the distance as he did. The house came into view as he slowly made his way up the stairs. Conan opened the front door as he walked in. Ran was asleep on the couch, her head resting on Sonoko's leg.

"Where's Mrs. Kisaki?" Conan asked.

"She went out for the night, she said she'll be back in the morning." Sonoko informed.

"How's Ran?"

"She finally fell asleep."

Conan walked over toward the window as he stared out. His mind went blank. He then looked toward the ground as his eyes closed. Thoughts of Ayumi went through his mind, where was she, was she still alive? His head sprung up as he punched the wall near him. Sonoko looked over at him.

"I guess he's taking it hard as well." Sonoko thought to herself.

At that second the front door swung open hitting the side of the wall with a bang. Ran's eyes slipped open as Conan flipped his head around jumping back.

"Kogoro!" Conan yelled out.

"Da..daddy?" Ran said still half asleep.

He walked in as he took a sip of the beer in his right hand. Kogoro kicked the door shut with his back foot as he walked over.

"Turn the news on, I just cracked the case of the year!"

"Dad what's going on, I thought you were dead!" Ran cried out as she rushed over to him.

"All the abducted kids are safe. I was working under cover in a maximum protection unit, I had to fake my death so." Kogoro began as he is cut off by a slap to the face.

He looks down at his daughter, surprised at this. Ran then grips onto him as she begins to cry. Kogoro wraps his arms around her. Sonoko and Conan glance over at each other as a smile comes to them both.

"It's alright Ran, I'm here now." Kogoro said trying to calm his daughter down.

Conan switched on the TV wanting to clarify Ayumi was ok. He glanced at the TV for a good minute or so as a smile came to his face.

"What can I say, Kogoro really came through this time." Conan thought to himself relieved to see his friend was safe.

Ran continued to cry as Conan walked over.

"So what exactly happened?" Conan asked.

"Someone tried to blow up my car, thankfully someone was watching from the shadows. They contacted me shortly after, thats when they came up with the plan."

"Who was the person who contacted you?" Conan asked.

"I have no idea, the only other people who knew about it was a few of the officers, and inspector Megure." Kogoro said.

"Who paid for your police protection?"

"That I agreed I wouldn't discuss with anyone." Kogoro replied.

"Conan you should really stop interrogating him, it's not like he's the bad guy." Sonoko said.

"For once, she might be right."

Conan laughed a little while rubbing the top of his head.

"I hope you don't mind staying here for the night, for Ran ofcourse." Kogoro said looking toward Sonoko.

"I'm fine with that."

"Alright then, I think it's time you kids got some rest." Kogoro said.

"For the first time I'll admit, it's great to have Kogoro here."

It was a clear night to say the least.  The morning brought the same tempo. He rolled onto his back as the light cracked through the curtain. He laid there for awhile longer. After about two minutes he rose as his hands brushed past his face and hair.

“Just realized I never gave miss Ayumi her necklace back, add that to my list of things to do.”

Tim walked over as he got dressed. He brushed his teeth in front of the mirror then looking down and adjusting his tie.

“What’s today, Friday?” Tim thought to himself.

He walked over next to the bed as he picked up his bag tossing it over his shoulders as he headed out.

Conan got into his school clothes as he slid on his glasses. He made his way into the main room as he saw Kogoro sitting in front of the TV sipping on a beer. Ran and Sonoko were in the kitchen laughing about something. He walked over pouring himself a bowl of cereal.  After he finished eating Ran walked up to him.

“Have a good day in school Conan.” Ran said.

“I will.” Conan replied

He made his way out the front door. He walked down the street as the school came into view not to much longer as he glimpsed over to see his friends surrounding Ayumi.

“Yoshida!” Conan yelled as he raced over.

The rest of the group looked over as he joined them.

“Hey Conan.” Genta said.

“Yoshida what are you doing at school, shouldn’t you be at home after what happened?” Conan asked.

“My mom tried to persuade me to stay home, but I wanted to be with you guys.”

“We’re glad you’re ok.” Mitsuhiko said.

Ayumi rolled her eyes as she directed her attention over toward Conan, who noticed as he took a step back with a slight laugh.

“What’s wrong Yoshida?” Conan asked.

“You promised you wouldn’t let anything happen to me, you lied!” Ayumi snapped.

“I tried my best to find you..ask Haibara.” Conan exclaimed.

“I’m not part of this.” Ai stated stepping back.

“What about Salekea, was she abducted to?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“No, she was actually working with genitor Logan. She helped him kid nap his victims.”

“Wow, I had no idea.” Genta said.

“We should have never trusted her.” Ai said.

“I should have seen the signs.” Conan thought to himself.

“You’re wrong, she tried to help me escape, but those guys saw us.”

“Is that when detective Mouri showed up, I bet he whipped them real good.” Genta said.

“No...I headed to the top floor where I hid.”

“How long were you up there?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“A couple minutes, I think.” Ayumi replied.

“Then what happened?” Genta asked.

“That’s when he came.” Ayumi said looking to the sky as a smile came to her face.

“Who...who came?” Conan asked.

“Red Robin.” Ayumi said looking back toward her friends.

Everything fell silent for the next few seconds.

“Ayumi, who’s Red Robin?” Ai asked.

“I...I don’t know.”

“What did he look like?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“He had a mask on, he blew up the wall by just pointing at it. Oh, and he also had wings, he flew us down to the ground before the building exploded.” Ayumi said.

Conan looked over, staring into her eyes. She might of exaggerated a few things, but she was telling the truth. He could usually tell when one of his friends were lying. Ai walked over as she whispered into Conan’s ear.

“So what do you think?” Ai asked.

“I believe her.” Conan replied with a smile.

“Scratch the case of the ‘Shape’, our next mission is to find out who Red Robin is!!!” Genta yelled out.

“Yea!” Mitsuhiko yelled in agreement.

“What do you think Conan?” Ayumi asked.

“I’m all for it.” Conan said.

“What if Red Robin is the ‘shape’, that could narrow our search down a bit.” Conan thought to himself.

The bell rang shortly after as the five of them made their way to class. They were all surprised when they saw Sumiko Kobayashi.

“Hello class, how was your sub Mr. Gerald?” She asked.

“He wasn’t to bad.” Genta replied.

Conan felt a tap at his right shoulder as he turned to face Ayumi.

“Conan, what do you think will happen to Salekea?” She asked in a worried tone.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure she’ll be ok.” Conan said in a assuring tone.

He made his way into class as he took a seat in the front row. Tim pulled out his notes from the previous day as he looked them over, even though he knew all the material. A few moments later Tim turned as Airi sat in the seat to the left of him.

“What are you doing up here, I thought you sat in the back?”

“Didn’t you look on the board, we’re chemistry partners now.” Airi informed as Tim looked to the board.

“Oh, didn’t see that.” Tim said.

“Did you catch the news by any chance?”

“Let me guess, the amazing Kaitou Kid has struck again.”

“No, anything interesting on?”

“Those kids that were abducted, the police found them. They were all alive.” Airi said.

“That’s good to hear.” Tim said.

“So maybe she isn’t a complete fanatic of that guy like I thought.”

The rest of the day went smoothly
. The school day ended as he headed back to the apartment. He sat at the end of the bed as he stared at the wall.

“Sonoko didn’t show up for school again, must have been with Ran. I need to try and focus my attention on what brought me here, Deadshot.”

He fell backward as he rested his head on the back of the bed.

“That ofcourse will have to wait, atleast until after tonight’s event.”

Conan pushed the front door open as he entered to see Kogoro laughing over near the phone as he hung the phone up.

“Looks like you’re having a good day.” Conan said.

“Why the heck not, I’ve been invited to dozens of parties tonight.” Kogoro informed.

“Plan on going to any of them?” Conan asked.

“I want to go to the one being held at the town hall, but Ran is refusing to go.” Kogoro said.

“Why can’t you just go by yourself?” Conan asked.

“They invited both Ran and myself, I’d hate to show up on my own.”

“Why won’t she go?” Conan asked.
“I don’t want to run into Tim, he was listed on the guest list.” Ran said as she looked up from the dishes.

“I wonder what he did this time.” Conan thought to himself.

“There is nothing wrong with that kid, he has a lot of class.” Kogoro said.

“Really Dad, weren’t you the one who said if he ever showed his face around here again you would cut off his balls!!”

“That was....I turned over a new leaf.” Kogoro replied.

“Why are you defending him all of a sudden?” Ran asked.

“I’m not, if you don’t want to go then fine. I’ll take Conan with me.” Kogoro said.

“Great, now I get to go partying instead of focusing on finding out more on the Red Robin.”

“Where did Sonoko go?” Conan asked.

“She left about fifteen minutes ago.” Ran said.

“Be ready in a couple hours kid, we have a party to be at.” Kogoro said.

A couple hours quickly went by. Conan took to his room as he looked through his closet for something to wear. He came across the suit he had received from Tim but decided to go with something simpler. Conan stuck on a red polo shirt along with some black dress pants and shoes. After he finished looking himself over, he headed to the front room as Ran gave him a look.

“You look really nice Conan.”

“Thanks.”

“Make sure you keep an eye on Dad.”

Conan nodded as Kogoro made his way into the room.

“You ready to go?”

“Yea.”

With that the two of them headed to the car as they drove off. As they drove Conan stared out wondering if he would ever be Shinichi again...... for good. They drove for nearly fifty minutes as they came upon a large building. After five minutes of driving in circles they finally managed to find a parking space. Kogoro tightened his tie as they made their way toward the entrance as they are greeted by two security guards who immediately recognize Mr. Mouri.

“Go right on in.” One of them stated as they opened the gate.

“Good job on finding those kids.” The other added.

Kogoro and Conan made their way down a large hall as they took a right when they got to the end of it. They entered a large room filled with many different people. There were tables stashed with food around them as well. Conan’s eyes skimmed around the room.

“No wonder Kogoro wanted to come to this particular
party.”Conan thought to himself as he caught sight of Yoko Okino the pop star.

Kogoro noticed her a few seconds later as he made his way over. Conan followed after him. She looked up as the two approached.

“Detective Mouri, it’s so good to see you again.” Yoko said.

“The same could be said to you.” Kogoro commented.

“Congrats on finding those girls.” Yoko commented.

“Thank you.” Kogoro replied

Conan knew this conversation could go on awhile. He walked off as he observed the different food types which surrounded the area. He grabbed a small dish as he grabbed a few things. He looked around trying to find a place to sit as he heard a familiar voice from behind.

“Fancy seeing you here.”

Conan turned around while looking up to see Tim.

“If you need somewhere to sit you’re welcome to take my seat, don’t plan on eating anything.” Tim said as he lead Conan over.

“Thanks.” Conan said as he took a seat.

He slowly ate as Tim stood up against the wall behind him. Both Tim and Conan caught sight of a man and woman sharing a very animal like intimate kiss as Conan dropped his fork.

“Lost your appetite kid?” Tim asked with a laugh.

“Yeaahh...you could say that.” Conan replied.

Conan pushed his dish to the side as he stepped down from the chair.

“Why was Ran so upset with you again?” Conan asked.

“Women just take certain things the wrong way, when you get to my age you’ll understand.” Tim replied.

“Oh...ok.” Conan said.

“Conan seems really close to her.” Tim thought to himself as Kogoro headed over toward the two of them.

“Hello again Mr. Wayne, thanks again for all your help.” Kogoro said holding his hand out.

“No problem Mr. Mouri.” Tim replied shaking his hand.

“Again..... what does he mean, again?” Conan thought to himself.

It became very evident something was going on. The question then posed was.... what? What were Tim Drake and Kogoro Mouri hiding?
Conan thought about this as a tall man walked over. He stood at 6‘2 with a broad body. His eyes were a blue-ish grey.

“A pleasure to meet you young Timothy Wayne.” He said holding his hand out.

“He has an accent, South American maybe?” Tim thought to himself.

“And you are?” Tim asked reaching forward.

“I am Bondo Salvonte, native of Bahia Brazil.” He replied as he shook Tim’s hand.

“He has the grip of someone in command.” Tim thought to himself.

“That’s Conan by the way." Tim said

“Hello there Conan." Bondo said looking down.

“Hi." Conan waved up.

“So what brings you to Japan?” Tim asked.

“Business like yourself. I find in these difficult times having allies proves to be very beneficial to expanding on my products.” Bondo replied.

“I’m sure you can find many who can help you while you are here.” Kogoro said.

“Yes indeed, I’ve already gained two essential business partners who could prove very useful to me.”

“What is it you do Mr. Salvonte?” Tim asked.

“I run a medical research facility, finding new and more efficient ways to battle corruption and disease.”

“I like the sound of your business already.” Kogoro said taking a sip of his beer.

Conan glimpsed around as he caught sight of someone he did not expect to see. His eyes widened as he slightly stepped back.

“Gin, what is someone from the Black Organization doing here?” Conan thought to himself.

Tim noticed this as he looked over at Gin as well.

“Does Conan know that man?”


Gin then walked off blending into the crowd.

“Everything was going perfect until something very important was stolen from me.” Bondo continued.

“What exactly was stolen?” Tim asked refocusing.

“A diamond, that freak they call the Kaitou Kid got the best of my security and men the other night. They say he supposed to rob the bank in the center of the town this week.” Bondo said.

“This Kaitou Kid seems to pop up into almost all of my conversations as of late.” Tim thought to himself.

“They call him the phantom kid you know.” Bondo added.

“I’ve heard a lot about him, the guy’s clever.” Kogoro said.

“That he is Mr. Mouri, but if I get my hands on him I will surely remove his.” Bondo said.

Bondo took a sip of the drink in his mug as a young woman walked over. Tim and Conan glanced over at eachother noticing it was the same woman who was locked in the kiss earlier. She walked up next to Bondo.

“Who are your friends Bondo?” She asked.

“Detective Mouri and Mr. Wayne.” He replied.

“And who might you be?” Kogoro asked looking her up and down.

“Silvia Salvonte, sister of Bondo. Some call me the snake of love.” She replied.

“These guys look like they mean business.” Conan thought to himself.

She wore a green dress and had a perfect figure. Silvia shared the same eyes as her brother. Her skin was a light brown, and her hair fell just past her back, holding a dark brown color. She walked forward as she ran her fingers right up Kogoro’s shirt. He froze at this. This brought a smile to Silvia’s face.

“Experience, strength, and maturity. You poses all those qualities Mr. Mouri.” She said whispering into his ear.

She then took a step back as she looked into his eyes. It’s almost as if Kogoro went into a trance.

“Is she studying him?” Tim and Conan both thought at the same time.

“You’re the kind of prey I can play around with, like a little mouse who waits to be consumed by the very venom’s that posses it.”

She then walked over to Tim.

“Speed, youth, and money. But what are you inside.... Mr. Wayne?”

Silvia ran her hand up Tim’s shoulder to his neck. Stroking his cheek as she took a step back looking into his eyes. Silvia stood there as she gave him a hard long look. Bondo looked on as a smirk came to his face.

“You’re the type of prey who will squirm, try to put up a fight. Set the bird to the snake, a robin I suppose.” She said taking a sip of her drink.

“What are you drinking?” Kogoro asked.

“Just a little something special, would you like a drink?” She asked in a seductive tone.

Kogoro nodded as she handed it to him. He took a sip then handed it back.

“Not bad.” Kogoro said.

“We’ll be seeing you two around. You as well young Conan.” Bondo said as the two of them walked off.

“Wow, she is incredible.” Kogoro said.

The rest of the evening was pretty much a blur. He had made his way back to the shed as he took a seat at his computer chair. There was one thing on his mind, Kaitou Kid. He sat as he went through articles talking about the master magician.

“It’s strange, the Kaitou Kid usually leaves clues for what he plans on stealing. His three latest incidents have been different
, no clues at all.”  

He tapped his finger on the desk as he thought up a plan.

“The police said he plans to head to the town center this week. I did a little research on his most recent events. One thing is consistent, he’s been stealing IIb type diamonds, one of the rarest diamonds to find
, center town dosen’t currently have one.

He continued to tap his finger on the desk.

“Why the sudden change, is it because of the IIb components, it’s  boron
impurities maybe?”

Tim stood up from his chair as he reached for his phone.

“He wants a IIb diamond, come and get it.”

It was a windy night out. Conan laid in bed with his phone in hand as he dialed Dr. Agasa’s number. He answered shortly after.

“Dr. Agasa can you do me a favor.” Conan asked over the phone.

“What is it you need Conan?” Dr. Agasa asked.

“Can you see if you can find anything on a Tim Wayne?”

“Sure no problem, what should I be looking for?”

“Anything that dosen’t seem normal, tragic maybe.” Conan replied.

“Hold on a second.” Dr. Agasa said.

It became very quite over the line as Conan lay in silence for the next minute or so.

“Conan the only thing I found on Tim Wayne was a lot of paparazzi stuff, and a couple things on a Neon Nights program.” Dr. Agasa informed.

“Ok, thank you for your time.” Conan said.

With that they both hung up as Conan looked out at the sky.

“Thought he might of found something, guess I’ll have to take my case in a new direction.” Conan thought to himself.

He placed his phone to the side of the bed as he looked up once more
.

“There’s just something about him, tonight when Silvia looked into his eyes I....I saw something in him that I’ve never seen in any person before. Tim’s clear...for now anyway.”

He sat at the chair as his phone continued to ring. Someone answered in the next second or so.

“Hello.” Tim said.

“What do you want?” A cranky voice from the other line asked.

“Damian I need to talk to Bruce, is he around?” Tim asked.

“What happened Drake, you screw up your mission.”

“Is Bruce there, it’s important?” Tim asked ignoring him.

“One second Drake.” Damian said finally giving in.

Tim waited as he stared up at the computer screen.

“Tim what’s the situation?” Bruce asked
.

“Don’t have much time to talk, but I need to ask a favor.”

“What is it Tim?” Bruce asked.

“I need you to send me one of the IIb diamonds with a couple of the paintings in the Wayne collection, I have a situation.”

“Money problems?”

“No, I have a plan on catching a fugitive.” Tim answered.

“I’ll send them as soon as possible, and Tim.......be careful.”

“Thanks Bruce.”

Bruce hung up as Tim placed his phone to the side.

“Things are folding into place. Tim Wayne will host an art show in town, and when night strikes.....Red Robin will capture the Kaitou Kid
!!

To Be Continued




Converting /tmp/phpiyFklL to /dev/stdout