Case Closed Fan Fiction ❯ The Detective Prince ❯ Business Gone Bad ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Detective Prince
Chapter 10
Business Gone Bad

Something banging in the near distance can be heard. Conan's eyes slowly opened, rolling to his back. He looked to the clock as he sat up.

"Can't believe I'm just now realizing I left my bag at the apartment."
 

He jumped from the bed, still feeling the soreness around his wrist. Conan got into his school clothes as he made his way to the door. Just as he opened the door he caught sight of his bag next to the bed.

“My bag, I could have sworn I left it over Tim’s place.”

Conan walked over as he noticed a small sticky note pinned to his bag. He peeled it off bringing it to his eye level. It read:
“You really should lock your window at night, see you around detective.”

“Looks like Red Robin swung by last night.” Conan thought to himself.

Conan reached down grabbing his bag heading to the kitchen. To his surprise no one was around. He went over as he grabbed an apple then headed out the front door. As he made his way down the side walk his phone began to ring. Conan reached into his pocket as he looked to see an unknown incoming call. He brought the phone to his ear answering it.


“Hey Conan, I got some new information.”

“Tim?”

“It’s on the abductions.”

“What did you find out?” Conan asked.

“The victims found weren’t even couples, in one case the two didn’t even know eachother.”

“What, does that include all three cases?” Conan asked.

“Yep, according to the statements given by parents and friends.”

“This whole thing just got more interesting.” Conan said.

“No kidding, we need to figure out this guy’s motive if we’re going to catch him.”

“What time do you think we can meet?” Conan asked.

“Got a meeting after class today for my program.....how does five sound?” Tim asked.

“See you then.”

With that the two of them hung up as Conan continued walking down the road. He saved the number adding Tim to his contacts. When he looked back up the school was in view. Conan walked through the school yard as Ai stepped infront of him. Conan quickly put on his best smile.

“What’s the deal, why didn’t you answer any of my calls yesterday?” She asked.

“I was busy with a...case, which required most of my time.”

“Why am I getting the vibe you’re lying to me?” Ai asked.

“That I can not answer.” Conan said as the rest of the Detective Boys walked over.

Conan rolled his eyes knowing they would be questioning him as well.

“Hey Conan how come you didn’t answer my calls yesterday?” Genta asked.

“I thought we were going to meet about the stolen statue.” Ayumi added.

“Sorry guys, I was really busy with another case.” Conan declared.

“What case?” Ai asked crossing her arms.

Conan looked down at his watch as a smile came to his face.

“Would you look at the time, we have less than a minute before the bell rings.” Conan said as he took off.

Ai watched as he ran.

“I wonder what he’s up to.”

He sorted things around in his locker, closing it when he finished. When he turned to walk he bumped into Sonoko causing her
to lash out at him.

“Watch where you’re going!” She yelled not noticing it was Tim until he walked past her.

“Oops, I didn’t mean for that to happen.” Sonoko thought to herself.

As the day went on only one thing rested on the mind of the two detectives, the mystery of the double abductions. The final bell of the day rang as Conan slipped down from his chair making his way toward the door
. He heard his name called. He turned to see Sumiko.

“Have you decided on which case you would like to work?” She asked.

“I’ve come to agree with Yoshida, the statue case seems to be the most fitting.” Conan said.

“Good, we’ll start working the case tommarrow.” Sumiko said.

Conan continued toward the exit to see Ai standing next to the door.

“So when do you plan on telling me about this supposive new case you’ve been working on?”

Conan looked over at her, staring into her eyes. He then shrugged his shoulders as he walked past her. Ai watched as he made his way down the hall.

“Shinichi....what is on your mind?” Ai thought to herself.

He walked toward the street, signaling for a taxi. It didn’t take very long for one to pull
up as he stepped in.

“Where to?”

“Five miles west.”

He sat back as they drove through the city. Tim looked out the window, observing the many structures. They got caught in a traffic jam, delaying things up a bit. After nearly thirty minutes of driving they came to a stop.

“This will do.” Tim said paying the cab driver.

He walked an additional block or so as he came upon a large building. Tim walked up a small set of stairs leading to the entrance. The doors automaticly slid to the side as he headed over to the front desk.

“Would you happen to know where this afternoons meeting will be held?”

“Right down the hall there, third door on the right.”

“Thanks.”

Tim walked over as he turned the corner. At the end of the hall there was a row of lockers stacked up against the wall. Tim looked over to see a few people using them.

“I wonder what those are for, employees maybe?”

He walked up to the third
door. As he reached for the knob he caught sight of someone at one of the lockers which caused him to freeze.

“Gin, that’s one of the guy’s who works for the Black Organization
, according to Kudo.”

Tim watched on for a few seconds. Gin placed a small box into one of the lockers, closing it. He then knocked on the locker twice.

“I wonder what that’s all about.”

Tim turned back to the door as he pushed it open. He walked in to be greeted by many.

“You must be Mr. Wayne, it’s a pleasure to finally meet you.”

“To you as well Mr. Ballen.”

“I see you did your homework, come..let me introduce you to some of the founders.”

Mr. Ballen walked him through the room introducing him to many of the people. As they walked Tim felt a hand come to his shoulder. He turned to see a familiar face.

“Silvia Salvonte.”

“Hello Timothy.”

“What are you doing here?” Tim asked.

“I’m a journalist, I’m here to take notes, things of that sort.”

“That’s one thing I didn’t know about you.”

“What of you, what brings the man of the dark city to this very place?”

“I’m here to promote my Neon Nights program.” Tim replied.

“Maybe you could give me an exclusive.” Silvia said taking a step forward.

“Well that might just all depend, I’ll have to check my schedule.”

“Is that a tease Mr. Wayne.” She asked taking yet another step forward.

One of the men clapped out getting everyones attention.

“Phew, that was close.” Tim thought to himself.

“Now that everyone is here, what do you say we get this little meeting started.”

Everyone found a seat around the large table as they began. Tim took notes as they went through a couple speakers. When his turn arrived he carried on with confidence and strength in his voice. When he finished speaking he received a wink from Silvia who sat a few seats down. Over an hour went by. He sat there, listening and voicing his opinion on different subjects. Suddenly a scream of a woman can be heard, echoing through out the hall.

“What was that?”

“You hear that?” Mr. Ballen asked.

“I’ll go and give it a look.” Tim said as he sat up.

He made his way toward the door with a few following close behind. They made it into the hall as the scream could be heard once more.

“That way.” One pointed.

They quickly made their way down the hall as they turned to see a woman standing over a dead man. He was laid out, with blood flowing from his neck.

“What happened?!” Mr. Ballen asked.

“I don’t know, he was like this when I arrived.” She said with a trembling voice.

“Gin, where’s Gin?” Tim though to himself as he darted down the hall.

“Where ever are you going Mr. Wayne?” Mr. Ballen called out.

Tim turned the corner as he saw Gin heading for the exit. He then turned to see he had a large black briefcase in his right hand.

“If he’s the killer, I have no doubt the murder weapon is in there. Can’t exactly go over there and take him down, don’t have any proof he did it.”  

Just as Gin reached the front door a security guard stepped infront of him.

“Excuse me sir but there has been a murder, I can’t let you go until we examine the situation. So if you could head back around the corner, that would be most appreciated.” The officer said.

“This might just be my lucky break.” Tim thought to himself.

“I don’t see any problem in that sir, I’m in no rush.” Gin calmly replied stepping back.

Gin pulled out his phone as he made his way back over. The officer followed close behind.

“Guess I better give the body a look myself.”

With that Tim turned and headed back to the crime scene. When he arrived there were more people gathered around the body than before. Tim pushed his way through reaching the body. He kneeled over as he looked it over. He looked at the depth of the cut, it was clean and precise.

“This must have happened quick,
the killer defiantly has experience with a blade.”

He continued to look the body over as something caught his attention.

“His mouth is swelled up, a little blueness on the bottom lip.....was he poisoned?”

Tim closely examined around his neck, looking for the slightest peck. Nothing caught his attention. He then looked to the upper right shoulder, scouring over it.

“There.” Tim pointed as he saw a slight opening on the shoulder.

He got in a little closer to confirm his findings.

“That’s defiantly a needle print, thing is..... it’s not a straight injection.” Tim thought to himself as he felt a hand come to his shoulder.

“Excuse me sir, but I’m going to have to ask you to step back.”

Tim turned to see an officer standing over him.

“Did you touch the body at all?” The officer asked as Tim stood to his feet.

“It should be in the same shape as when it was first discovered, I didn’t touch anything.” Tim replied.

“Good.”

Tim turned as he made his way through the crowd once more.

“I’m guessing there must have been a struggle, that would explain the uneasiness of the needle mark. When the victim did’t immediately go down, he must have resulted to a blade.”

He looked around, checking to see where Gin was. Tim walked forward to see Gin heading back over toward the lockers.

“What’s he up to now?”

Gin opened the same locker from earlier as he placed his briefcase inside. He then stepped to the side giving it a couple knocks. This caused Tim to raise a brow. He then turned to his side to see Silvia heading over.

“I’d say you’ve been at a crime scene before, what were you looking for around the body?” Silvia asked.

“Nothing really, I guess I just wanted a close up.” Tim said.

“So you say.” Silvia said as two officers headed their way.

“And this is where we get questioned.” Tim stated.

As they engaged in conversation Tim would glimpse over at Gin from time to time. Their talk with the officers lasted nearly five minutes, questioning them about what they heard and saw.

“Thank you for your insight, if you find out anything else just give me a call.” One of them said handing Tim a card.

“Thank you officer.......”

“Officer Chiba.” He answered.

“I’ll be sure to do that.” Tim said as he turned to see Silvia walk off while pulling out her phone.

Tim then directed his attention back over to Gin. He was being questioned as well. Tim slowly made his way over as they had Gin open the locker he was using. One of them reached in as they pulled out the brief case.

“You mind us taking a look in side?”

“Not at all.” Gin replied.

“This is it.” Tim thought to himself.

They opened the briefcase to come across a bunch of paper work. They looked it over for about a minute, then questioned him some more. Disappointment came over Tim’s face as he leaned up against the wall.

“There goes that allegation out the window.”

He then turned to see the officers were beginning to let people go who had been cleared.

“Damn.”
 

He sat infront of the TV, looking down at his phone every so often. Conan sat up as he heard someone approaching from his side. He turned as Ran took a seat next to him.

“What are you in here watching?” She asked looking toward the TV.

“Cops.” Conan replied.

“Really, I didn’t know you liked this show.” Ran said turning back to him.

“I only watch it some of the time.” Conan said.

“How’d school go today?”

“Not bad, we just took a lot of notes for our test at the end of the week.” Conan said.

“You think you’ll do alright?”

“I think so.” Conan said sitting back putting his hands behind his head.

“If you need help studying, I’m always here.” Ran stated.

Conan looked up at her, a smile coming across his face.

“Thanks Ran.”

She smiled back. His phone began to ring. Conan reached over as he stepped down from the couch and walked over to his shoes.

“Conan who is that, you plan on going somewhere?” Ran asked.

“It’s Heiji, we plan on going to see a movie.” Conan lied while walking toward the door.

“Make sure you’re home on time.” Ran said with authority in her voice.

“Yes Ma’m.” Conan said with a laugh.

“Boy do I hate lying to her."

He walked out the door while answering his phone.

“Hey Conan, you busy?”

“I’m on my way now.” Conan replied.

“Good, I’ll be waiting.”

Conan slid his phone into his pocket, making his way across the street. He walked for the next twenty minutes. He approached the apartment complex, pushing the front door open. He made his way to the elevator, taking him to the fourth floor. Conan walked down the hall as he approached Tim’s room. As he reached for the knob the door swung open.

“Come on in.” Tim said.

Conan walked in as he took a seat at the end of the bed.

“You thirsty?” Tim asked.

“Not really, but I’d like to thank you for swinging my bag by yesterday.”

“No problem.”

“How’d things go last night, anything serious?” Conan asked.

“Pretty light actually, just a group of guys arguing and a little car chase.” Tim answered.  

“Sounds like fun.”

“It’s almost like a vacation, compared to things back home.” Tim said.

Things became silent as Tim took a seat at the table near the balcony.

“So....how did your meeting go?” Conan asked.

“All went well, except for the killing ofcourse.”

“Wait...what, when were you going to inform me about this?” Conan asked.

“Wasn’t sure how to tell you.” Tim replied.

“Did you find out who the killer was?”

“Not exactly, I was so focused on Gin that I.” Tim began.

“Gin was there?” Conan asked cutting him off.

“Yea, I was so focused on him that I didn’t properly examine the whole situation.”

“You think he was the killer?” Conan asked.

“I don’t think so, I let my knowledge of him cloud my thought process.”

“It’s ok Tim, we all do that some times.”

“I was careless, stupid, and unprepared. It should have never happened.” Tim stated as he kicked the side of the wall in frustration.

The room fell silent once more. Conan hopped back to the ground as he walked over to the table. Tim looked down at him.

“Hey, just relax, we’ll get another shot at Gin.”

“I’m not worried about him, I already placed a tracer on his briefcase before he left. What I’m more concerned with is what went down on the killing.”

“Nice going, though I’d advice you to wait until I get you a proto type version of the APTX 4869 antidote.”

“Really, how so?”

“I’ll have Haibara whip some up.” Conan said.

“Think she might become suspicious?” Tim asked.

“Don’t worry, I’m sure I can come up with something.” Conan said.

“When can you have it to me?”

“By tommarrow.”

“Sounds good, I’ll hold out on my pursuit until then.”

Conan nodded as he headed for the door.

“Where are you going?” Tim asked.

“To go get your medicine.”

Conan reached forward pushing the door open. He slowly looked back as a smile came to his face.

“When can you give me another lesson on using those disks of yours?” Conan asked.

“Very soon.” Tim smiled back.

Conan left, taking back to the streets. He walked for a little over a mile as he came to a stop. He reached forward. Just as he was going to knock the door swung open. Ai stood there, with a tough girl expression on her face.

“So....I see you knew I would be coming.”

“I saw you approaching the house through the window.” She replied.

They both stood there for the next few seconds, neither one saying a word. Conan slowly took a step forward.

“You going to invite me in?” He asked.

“That depends, you have something you want to tell me?”

Conan looked down taking a deep breath. He released looking back to her.

“I’m sorry I haven’t totally been honest with you, I’m willing to talk if you’re up for it.”

Ai moved to the side as Conan stepped in. She headed for the kitchen, Conan followed close behind.

“Where’s Dr. Agasa?” Conan asked.

“He went out to get supplies for dinner.”

Ai turned facing him yet again.

“So what’s been on your mind?” Ai asked.

“Think Kudo, think.”

Conan stalled for a second longer as he finally began to speak.

“It’s Ran, I think she... has a crush on that guy.” Conan thought up.

“You mean Wayne?”

“Yea.”

Ai put a hand to her mouth, giggling. Conan’s eyes narrowed as he crossed his arms.

“That’s why you’ve been so uptight, poor little Conan.” Ai said as she continued to giggle.

“Great, she believes me.”

Conan waited nearly a minute for Ai to stop snickering over his
...... jealousy.

“Are you done yet?” Conan asked with his arms still crossed.

Ai stood straight, giving him the most serious look she could come up with.

“Ok, I’m fine now.” Ai said with a slight grin forming on her face.

“I need to ask you a favor.” Conan said.

“And what might that be?” Ai asked.

“I need you to make me up a twenty four hour vaccine of the APTX drug.” Conan replied.

“What for, you going to convince Ran that Wayne isn’t the guy for her.”

“You hit it right on the mark.”

“Sure, just give me a little bit to make it up for you. Though I’m not sure I agree with you interfering with her love life.”

“Looks like we’re in business, not to mention I’m back on Haibara’s good side.” Conan thought to himself.

Hours had gone by as night struck. He sat up at the bell tower, staring down at the city full of life.
He was hard in thought, mentally analyzing the murder from earlier in the day.

“I may have let a killer walk free today, I should have kept a clear vision. I allowed myself to be fixated on one induvisual, that should have never happened.”

Red Robin stood up, the wind clashing against the bell causing a slight ring.

“I want to give the crime scene another look.” He thought to himself as he glided down toward the city

With the use of his grappler Red Robin made his way back to the building. He found an entry through a window. It was dark, no one in sight.

“No guards...that’s a surprise, still need to look out for the security camera’s.”

Red Robin quietly made his way down the hall, slipping past all security monitors. He came upon the large hall he had been in earlier that day as he pulled out a mini flashlight. He walked forward, flashing his light from side to side to see if there was anything he missed.

“Think Tim, there’s got to be something.”

Red Robin came to a stop as he approached the lockers. He looked down at the locker that Gin had occupied that day. He took to a knee, looking it over.

“Wait a minute....is it possible that he.”

Red Robin quickly hacked the combination as he pulled it open. He flashed his light inside while digging for something in his utility belt.

“Gin seemed a little suspicious when using this locker, lets see if there is any blood specs
that could lead to him being a suspect.”

He held out a mini spray bottle as he sprayed all sides, as well as the front of the locker.

“Luminol Chemiluminescence, perfect substance to locate blood traces.”

To his disappointment there were no signs of blood present near or in the locker.

“There has got to be something, what were the knocks on the locker for, what happened to the box he had?”

Red Robin began to feel around in the locker, pushing both sides. Nothing happened. Next he reached in, pushing up against the far wall of the locker. It gave off a slight cracking sound.

“What’s this?”

He continued to press as the wall pushed to the side revealing another room. The look of victory came to his face. Red Robin squeezed through the small opening, entering the room through the locker. He closed it behind him.

“What is this place?”

Red Robin pulled out his mini flash light once more as he scoured the large room. There were many pipes on the walls as well as the ceiling. The floor and walls were made up of bricks.
He walked through a dark tunnel, minutes going by, which felt more like seconds. Tim went on, finally coming to a stop.

“Dead end.”

He took a few steps forward, observing the area. Red Robin pressed his right hand up against the wall as he felt around. As Tim
swayed his hand from side to side he felt a lever. Red Robin took a step back pulling on it. Suddenly metal bars popped out of the wall, leading up toward the ceiling.

“Looks like I might have something.” Red Robin thought to himself flashing his light upward.

At the end of the row of bars sat a manhole. Within the next few seconds cars from above can be heard driving by. Red Robin snapped his fingers.

“Now his phone phone
call right after the officer told him he couldn’t leave makes sense, Gin is the killer......but who’s his accomplice?”

The sun shined high in the air. It was a beautiful morning. He stared out at the sun from his chair, the bell rung a few seconds later. Conan faced forward as Ms. Kobayashi gave instructions to the class on the days lesson.

“I want you all to pull out your study sheets, the test is in just one day so I want you all to be prepared.”

Conan pulled out his sheet, though he knew he would pass he pretended to study. A second later he heard his name whispered. Conan turned to his side to see Mitsuhiko.

“You ready to crack down on that case after school?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“More than ever.” Conan replied.

Most of the class period was spent on crossword puzzles, the last thirty minutes they watched a video dealing with their studies. Once the bell rung Conan made his way out to the school yard where he waited for the others to show. One by one they made their way out.

“Where’s Ms. Kobayashi?” Ayumi asked.

“She’ll probably be out any time.” Mitsuhiko assured.

Genta paced back and forth, waiting for her to arrive.

“If she dosen’t hurry, we’re going to start without her.” Genta exclaimed.

They didn’t have to wait much longer. Sumiko came walking over, stopping when she reached the group.

“Alright Detective Boys, let’s get started by stating what we already know.” Sumiko said.

“The statue was stolen at night, some time past one.” Genta said.

“They had enough dynamite to remove it from it’s container, but not to much to damage the statue.” Mitsuhiko added.

“This means they are highly organized.” Ayumi said.

“Based from the size and weight of the statue it took at least five people to hall it into the pickup truck.” Conan said.

“How do you know it was a pickup truck?” Mitsuhiko asked.

“From the prints left at the scene, which imply the type of vehicle used.” Conan explained.

“Very good. How about you Ms. Haibara, do you have anything to add?” Sumiko asked.

Ai stood there, thinking of something she could add to the investigation. At that second foot steps can be heard approaching as they turned to see Shiratori Ninzaburo.

“Ninzaburo.” Sumiko said greeting him.

“I heard you all speaking of the stolen statue.” Shiratori said.

“You want to help us find where it is?” Ayumi asked.

“I’d of loved to, but it’s already been found.” He informed.

“What, when?” Genta asked.

“Just this morning.” Shiratori replied.

“Guess we’ll have to work on another case.” Mitsuhiko said with a sigh.

“I’ll tell you what, I’ll have a new one picked out for tommarrow.” Sumiko said.

“That sounds great.” Genta said.

With that they all headed home. Conan on the other hand followed after Ai. She came to a stop as he walked up next to her.

“Did you make the sample of the antidote for me?” Conan asked.

She reached from behind as she handed it to him.

“Good luck.” Ai said with a smile.

“Thank you Haibara, you don’t know how much this means.” Conan said as he took off.

Conan made his way back to the house shortly after. He went to his room as he pulled out a spare bag. Conan began packing it with a couple things as he heard a knock at the side of the door. He turned to see Ran standing in the entry way.

“Can I come in?” Ran asked.

Conan nodded as she walked over.

“Why are you packing your bag, you plan on going somewhere?” Ran asked.

“I’m going to spend the night with Heiji, he rented a place just up the block.” Conan answered.

Ran crossed her arms as she glared down at him.

“It’s a school night Conan.” She said.

“I know and I’ll be on time tommarrow, Heiji is just going to help me on my homework.” Conan lied.

“What’s wrong, you don’t think I’m smart enough to help you?”

“It’s not that, just something Heiji is really good at.”

Ran took a seat on the bed, looking to the side. A few moments went by as she directed her attention back down at Conan who had a large smile on his face. Ran couldn’t help but laugh at this.

“Ok you win, just make sure you don’t stay up to late.” Ran stated.

“Thank you, you’re the best.” Conan said as he hugged her legs.

He then shoved the last of his things into the bag as he took off. Ran stepped up from the bed as the front door slammed shut.

“I forgot to remind him to brush his teeth, I’ll just give Heiji a call to remind him.” Ran said reaching for her phone.

Conan raced down the streets, ready to begin business. Not to long after he found himself standing infront of Tim Drake’s door as he slightly knocked.

“The doors unlocked.”

Conan reached up as he nudged the door open. He walked in to see Tim over at the desk working on his laptop.

“How did you know it was me?” Conan asked.

“The sound of the knock.” Tim replied.

“You must have good ears.” Conan commented.

Conan walked over next to Tim, looking up at the screen.

“What are you looking at?” Conan asked.

“Survaliance footage, would you happen to know who this man is?” Tim asked as he zoomed in on something.

Tim adjusted the sharpness on the survaliance footage as Conan gave it a hard look. It didn’t take him very long as he nodded his head.

“That’s Vodka, Gin’s partner in crime.” Conan said.

“You sure?” Tim asked.

“I’m positive, you think he had something to do with the murder?” Conan asked.

“I believe Gin was the one who killed the man, Vodka must have been the one to switch out the briefcase with an identical one.”

“I’m not so sure I follow.” Conan said.

“The locker Gin rented out was also a passage way to some underground path. When he placed items in the locker he would knock on the door, that probably informed whoever was on the other side a delivery was ready.” Tim began.

“So you think Vodka was on the other side?”

“I know he was, survaliance shows him coming out of the manhole which leads to that path.” Tim stated.

“Nice work Tim.” Conan stated.

“Thanks.”

Conan placed his bag onto the bed as he pulled a couple things.

“What’s with all the stuff, you spending the night?” Tim asked.

“You bet, I just told Ran I was hanging with a good friend of mine, so we should be ok.”

“I hope he knows what he’s doing.”

Conan walked back over, placing the test tube containing the APTX antidote next to Tim.

“Is this the prototype you spoke of?” Tim asked.

Conan nodded.

“How long will it work for?” Tim asked drinking it.

“Twenty four hours.” Conan replied.

“Great, looks like we’re about ready to roll.”

“What do you want me to do?” Conan asked.

“You’ll be in communication with me through my com link, don’t want you to get to involved.” Tim said.

“Sounds good, so what’s the plan?” Conan asked.

“We strike at sun down.” Tim replied.

It was yet another clear night, just as the previous one had been. He waited a top a building, for the right moment to present itself.

“The tracer I placed on Gin’s briefcase is coming from inside that building, I’ll just have to wait it out until he comes out.”

Conan sat back at the apartment, monitoring all of his movements through an online tracking system.

“Anything yet?” Conan asked.

“He hasn’t come out.. but he will, and I’ll be waiting.”

Thankfully they did’t have to wait much longer. Red Robin stood to his feet as Gin walked out from the coffee shop, with Vodka to his side.

“Looks like Vodka’s with him Conan.” Tim radioed.

“Two birds with one stone, so after you catch them what are you going to do?”  

“You’ll find out very shortly.” Red Robin replied shooting out his grappler.

He followed the two of them as they made their way down the street. They came to a stop about a few blocks up as they glimpsed back. Red Robin swung to the nearest building coming to a stop.

“What gives, it looks like they’re expecting someone.” Red Robin thought to himself.

They continued to walk. Tim followed from overhead as he looked down to see them force a woman into a dark alley. Gin pulled out a gun pointing it point blank at her.

“Alright woman, give us all you have.” Gin said.

“Please, I don’t have anything of value.” She said taking a step back as terror came upon her face.

“I’d do as he says slut, or he’ll plant one right through your head.” Vodka added.

“I have kids...please don’t hurt me.” She begged as tears came to her eyes.

“Stop your whimpering.” Gin said as he stepped forward hitting her over the face with the gun.

“Time to take my shot.”

With that Red Robin jumped from the building as he glided down toward them. Vodka and Gin both looked up as a bird disk came flying knocking Gin’s gun from his hand. Red Robin landed in between the two of them a second later.

“Run.” Red Robin said looking to the woman.

She got up as she ran to safety. Vodka reached for his gun only to have it knocked from his hand by another bird disk.

“What are you supposed to be, some kind of super hero.” Gin asked as he lunged forward with a punch.

Red Robin caught his arm twisting it, while flipping him to his back. Vodka jumped at Red Robin as he kicked him in the chest sending him to the ground as well. Gin got back up as he threw a punch from behind. Tim slid to the side of Gin dodging his attack. Red Robin then reached forward as he grabbed Gin by his shirt lifting him off the ground.

“What is this all about?” Gin asked as Red Robin tossed him to the ground next to Vodka.

“Lets just say I’m putting an end to your little operation.” Red Robin replied.

Suddenly a cable of some kind wrapped around Red Robin’s neck, releasing an electrical current. Tim yelled out as the currents flowed through his body. Within seconds he fell to his back, unconscious. The woman who had been in distress stood over him, with an evil grin over her face.

“Conan to Red Robin, what’s going on?”

He got no response.

“Red Robin, Red Robin........ come in Red Robin!!”

It was no use, his com link had been fried. Vodka walked over kicking him in his side a few times.

“Not so tough now are you.” Vodka said continuing his assault.

“That’s enough Vodka.” Gin said.

Vodka came to a stop as he fixed his collar. Gin stepped around the body as he walked over to the woman, placing a hand on her shoulder.

“Well done Vermouth, I hope I didn’t hit you to hard.” Gin said as his hand slid from her shoulder.

“You know I can take a punch, I’m more interested in who this guy is.” She said taking a step toward the body.

“He’s got excellent marksmanship, I’d say he’s been at this for awhile.” Gin said.  

“What is he, military..... CSI maybe?” Vodka said.

“Does it really matter, he’s going to be a dead man none the less.” Vermouth said as she turned to walk away.

“Where are you going?” Gin asked.

“I have something I have to attend to, I take it you two will properly dispose of this...problem.”

“Ofcourse, we’ll catch up with you later.” Gin said as she walked off.

So tense, so cold inside. An ever lasting darkness.

Water can be heard flowing from side to side, as they rocked back and forth. His eyes pushed open as his vision slowly came back to him.
He felt his body tied to a pole, struggling to move.

“Am.....am I on a boat.”

His vision finally came into clearance as he saw Gin standing a couple feet away from him. Everything snapped back. They were indeed on a boat.

“I see you’re awake.” Gin said.

“Where’s your friend?” Red Robin asked with a slight cough.

Gin pointed toward the ground. Tim looked down to see Vodka laying, knocked out.

“What happened to him?”

“When he tried to unmask you, a sleeping gas of some kind flowed from your mask. Though I’m sure you knew that.” Gin answered.

“How long was I out?” Red Robin asked.

“Long enough for us to rent out this boat, but enough about that. Why have you been tracking us?”

“Dumb question don’t you think, you know the answer to that.” Red Robin said.

Gin smiled as he walked over, getting a little closer.

“Well since you know who we are, would it be so much to ask who you are?”

“Red Robin.” He quickly replied.

“Red Robin aye, interesting choice for a code name.”

Gin walked over as he took a seat at the edge of the boat, just a few feet away.

“I would ask who sent you but I bet that would prove useless, since I’m pretty sure you won’t talk.”

“Smart guy.”

“Hmm.”

Tim began feeling his way around, trying to loosen the rope which bounded him to a pole.

“You knew I was following you, how?” Red Robin asked.

“I discovered the tracer planted on the side of my briefcase, from there I’ve had the luxury of having a little extra security.” Gin said as he pulled out the tracking device letting it drop into the water.

“Security?”

“Snipers, two of them. They’ve been keeping an eye on me from the roof tops.”

“Must have seen me on my pursuit.” Tim thought to himself.

The two of them sat in silence for the next few moments. Gin stood up as he walked toward the other side of the boat. He reached down as he pulled up a briefcase. Gin headed back over as he hand cuffed the briefcase to one of Tim’s wrist’s.

“Heavy, what’s in the case?” Red Robin asked.

“A small dose of cement.” Gin replied.

“Cement.....?”

Gin walked over as he picked up a pipe bar laying on the ground. He fiddled with it in his hands for a couple seconds. He then headed back toward Red Robin.

“I have one last question, how did you come to find out about the Black Organization?”

Tim tilted his head up as a smirk came to his face.

“Go to hell.”

Gin smiled at this remark.

“Perhaps I’ll see you there some day.”

Gin then tightened the pipe in his hand. He then gave Red Robin two good shots to the stomach causing him to yelp out.

“That’s it, I love when they squirm.” Gin said as he pulled out a mini test tube from his jacket.

As Tim gasped for air Gin forced the liquid from the bottle down his throat. Tim choked a little as Gin hit him in the side of the ribs with the pipe.

“Tell me Red Robin, can birds swim?”

With that Gin pushed the pole over board as Red Robin sunk into the darkness of the lake.

“If the poison dosen’t kill him, the indulging of water will. The cement filled briefcase will assure his deep watery grave, farewell
... bird boy.” Gin thought to himself as an evil grin came to his face.

To Be Continued


Converting /tmp/phpadKyAF to /dev/stdout