Chrono Crusade Fan Fiction ❯ The Main Part ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Main Part
 
Chapter 1
 
 
“So, you have been chased by devils for over a year? Right after they found out that their experiment won't work?” asked Rosette.
 
Naomi nodded. “I don't know why, but they are. It's so tiring running away from it all,” said Naomi.
 
Rosette sighs. Naomi took another huge gulp of water from the water bottle she got.
 
“Anyways, so you're a devil, Chrono?” asked Naomi.
 
“Yep,” said Chrono.
 
Naomi clutched onto Rosette. She hid herself from Chrono's view.
 
“What's wrong?” asked Chrono.
 
“She must be scared. Going through that much in one year. I should know better then anyone what's she going through,” said Satella.
 
“It's ok, Naomi,” said Chrono. “I won't hurt you, I swear.”
 
“You sure?” asked Naomi.
 
“Positive,” said Chrono, smiling.
 
“Ok then,” said Naomi.
 
 
“Those clothes look so good on you,” said Azmaria.
 
“You think so?” asked Naomi.
 
She was wearing a knee length navy blue skirt and a pastel blue blouse. Her mid-back length hair was tied up in a maroon color ribbon. She took a shower and they could tell she had sunshine blonde hair and pale skin, but she looked so cheerful.
 
“I think they look wonderful on you,” said Rosette.
 
Naomi blushed.
 
“Thank you,” said Naomi.
 
“We better leave. The train may leave soon,” said Rosette.
 
“Um Rosette?” asked Naomi.
 
“What is it?” asked Rosette.
 
“If it isn't too much trouble, can I come with you? It's ok if you don't want me to come,” said Naomi.
 
“Oh. We don't mind at all,” said Rosette.
 
“Thank you,” said Naomi. She hugged Rosette.
 
Rosette looked a bit taken a back.
 
“From now on, you will be my Big Sister,” said Naomi.
 
Rosette looked surprised. Naomi looked so happy. But, she wasn't smiling. That was odd. To be happy, but not smile? That is really horrible.
 
Rosette sighed. “Ok then,” said Rosette.
 
“Thank you, Big Sister,” said Naomi.
 
 
“Only 3 more days until we reach San Francisco,” muttered Rosette.
 
It was night, and they were on the train. Chrono and Azmaria were sleeping. Naomi was sleeping too, but woke up.
 
“What's the matter big sister?” asked Naomi.
 
“Huh? Oh nothing,” said Rosette. “Did I wake you?”
 
“No. You just couldn't sleep, right?” asked Naomi.
 
“I guess,” said Rosette.
 
“Big sister, do you love Chrono?” asked Naomi. (Now that was a question out of the blue)
 
Rosette blushed. She looked really stunned. But then her eyes grew sad and she looked out the window.
 
“Oh, I'm sorry,” said Naomi.
 
Her eyes darkened as she got up. She passed Azmaria's sleeping form on the seat. She walked out of the car and into the dining car. No one was there except for a man, who looked like he was sleeping.
 
Naomi sat down in a chair. She was thinking of past thoughts. Voices filled her head.
 
“She is a freak.”
 
“Her hair and eyes don't match at all.”
 
“She brings misery everywhere she goes.”
 
 
“Stop,” murmured Naomi, tears in her eyes.
 
 
“No one wants to be her friend.”
 
“No wonder her parents died after giving birth to her.”
 
 
“STOP!” yelled Naomi.
 
“Naomi?” asked a questionable voice.
 
Naomi opened her eyes to find a worried Chrono looking back at her.
 
“Huh? What is it?” asked Naomi.
 
“You were crying. Is something wrong?” asked Chrono.
 
Naomi looked into his eyes and blushed.
 
“No. Nothing's wrong,” said Naomi. “Thanks for asking though.” Naomi smiled.
 
Her smile was almost like Rosette's. Naomi opened her eyes and yelled, “ Chrono, look out!”
 
Chrono turned around just as he was knocked out.
 
Naomi looked at the man. It was the man who was sleeping. He was actually a devil. Naomi growled.
 
“Come on Naomi. You need to tell them sometime,” said the devil.
 
“No, Grider,” said Naomi.
 
(Grider is pronounced Gr-I-der. The I is long.)
 
Wings spread out of her back. But, there was something weird about her wings. One of them was a snow-white angel wing. The other one was a black devil wing.
 
“Don't come near my friends,” said Naomi.
 
Her eyes changed. Her left eye was the same maroon color. But, her right eye was blood red. Both eyes, though, had rage in them. Naomi chanted a spell as light came forth and surrounded Grider.
 
 
Chrono slowly opened his eyes to find maroon ones looking back at him.
 
“Huh? Naomi?” muttered Chrono, sitting up.
 
They were on the floor of the dining car. It was dark outside, so it was empty in the dining car.
 
“Chrono, there is something I need to tell you,” said Naomi. “Just promise to not tell anyone else.”
 
“I promise,” said Chrono.
 
“The truth is… I'm not a human. I'm a devi-angel,” said Naomi.