Clamp School Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Nokoru's First Love ❯ The School Ball ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: Woot! One memory lane chapter down, and don't know how many more to go. (Sweatdrops) Erm, you didn't see me type that. (Runs away)
 
Disclaimers: Sailor Moon and Clamp Campus Detectives won't be mine, even if I'm in my grave.
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts and flashbacks. As you can see in the previous chapter, I don't really like Serenity very much.
 
[Words] = sounds
 
Chapter 4: The School Ball
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Days later, Mizuno Ami was walking past the Elementary School Student Government office, when a faint `meow' caught her attention. Ears picking, she quickly detected where the sound was coming from.
 
Meters from the office door, was a ginger-colored kitten, meowing softly.
 
Smiling, the azure-haired girl carefully lifted the auburn-color kitten and petted it gently.
 
“And where did you come from?” she asked the kitten.
 
Before Ami knew anything, the kitten leaped from her arms and ran towards the door and scratched the oak entrance with its claws.
 
Nodding in understanding, Ami picked up the kitten, took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Meanwhile, back in the Student Government office…
 
“10.” Suoh counted, picking a white kitten from behind the main socket.
 
“11.” Akira added, lifting another grey kitten from under his desk.
 
“12.” Nokoru finished, petting the last kitten on his lap.
 
“We're missing one more.” Suoh concluded.
 
The two remaining members of the School Government nodded in agreement.
 
Just then, a faint sound of knocking was heard from the door.
 
“Come in.” Suoh replied, from his position on the carpeted floor.
 
The door creaked open and a soft voice was heard.
 
“I do believe he belongs here.”
 
All three pre-teens looked up, to see a smiling Mizuno Ami cradling the missing kitten in her arms.
 
Suoh sighed in relief.
 
Akira, who was closest to her, went forward and picked the last kitten from her hands.
 
“Arigato, Mizuno-san.” Akira replied in relief.
 
Ami shook her head, “Iie, it was not a problem.”
 
Nodding towards the ginger-colored kitten, she added, “I found it by the office doors. How it got out is a mystery.”
 
Stepping back, she bowed slightly and added, “If there's nothing else, I'll take my leave.”
 
Before Nokoru could say anything, the door was shut softly behind the departing Mizuno Ami.
 
“Kaichou…” Suoh begun, looking at the blonde president in worry.
 
Shaking his head, Nokoru answered, “I'm alright, Suoh.”
 
The navy-haired ninja nodded. But deep down, he knew the kaichou was not all right.
 
The re-appearance of the sapphire-haired genius girl had caused drastic changes in the kaichou, mentally.
 
Suoh hid a small smirk; no matter how much the kaichou denies it, he knew the blonde chairman was slowly, but knowingly, falling in love with the girl genius.
 
Little wonder, she's just about the only student in the entire campus who's able to match up with kaichou's brains. The ever-stern ninja thought.
 
He himself had done a little `research' on Mizuno Ami a while back.
 
It did not surprise him that this girl had the brainpower that rivaled that of Imonoyama Nokoru. What really surprised him was that the girl had no martial arts background, yet she was able to deflect off quite a number of combat professionals, and with one single blow to boot. (A/N: This is the `additional' power I mentioned earlier.)
 
When he questioned Nokoru about it, the blonde had just answered that this was the capability he mentioned and refused to elaborate.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Upon shutting the door, Ami heaved in relief; she was worried that Nokoru will hold her back.
 
“Gomen ne, Nokoru-kun. You have to understand. I'm under Rijichou's orders.” She muttered, exiting the Elementary Section.
 
Minutes later, Imonoyama Nokoru whirled his chair around as he looked down from the office window.
 
With his fan hiding his face, the blonde looked down at the top of Ami's lush azure hair and sighed uncharacteristically.
 
“A very enigmatic friend you have there, kaichou.” Suoh commented.
 
Nokoru nodded absentmindedly.
 
Suoh smirked; he's got him.
 
“I can see why you're intrigued, kaichou. If I were you, I'd be too.” The ninja added.
 
At that, Nokoru blinked twice and choked on his tea.
 
“Suoh!” he exclaimed, flushing red.
 
The ninja's eyes twinkled in amusement, before returning back to his chair.
 
After the fifth-grader left, Nokoru pondered on his words.
 
Suoh is right. Ami-chan, I think I'm falling for you, my water nymph. He wondered, fingering the rose crystal on his desk.
 
Akira hid an amused smile; So, I'm not the only one with a love interest around here. He thought. Then, his thoughts trailed to Ohkawa Utako and the treasurer blushed.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Ohkawa Utako glared at Ami when the azure-haired girl arrived for practice.
 
“Ami-sensei, you're late.” She exclaimed.
 
“I was held back, by a slight distraction.” The older girl answered.
 
Utako quirked a brow, “It doesn't involve a certain Elementary School Student Government President, does it?”
 
“Partially.” Ami answered mysteriously.
 
“It also involved a Takamura Suoh and….”
 
Winking at Utako, Ami finished, “A certain Ijyuin Akira.”
 
Utako blushed.
 
Azuya Nagisa giggled.
 
“I won't do that if I were you, Nagisa-san. After all, you'll never know; you might fall for Takamura-sempai.” Ami advised, her eyes twinkling.
 
Nagisa gasped and turned away, blushing heavily.
 
Ami smiled knowingly, as if she knew what would happen next.
 
“Practice.” Utako mumbled, minutes later.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Time passes….
 
Nokoru was seated on the baseball bench of the Penguin team.
 
Akira was beside him, serving tea.
 
“Takamura-sempai is great in any sports.” The Treasurer commented, when Suoh hit yet another fast ball.
 
Nokoru nodded in agreement, “Having a baseball game for the elementary school was a good idea, but having Suoh play for the Panda-san team was a damage.”
 
Akira commented, “The teams for the baseball game was chosen by a lottery. Kaichou and I were on Penguin-san team.”
 
Nokoru nodded, “Quite true.”
 
Just then, a male student approached the pair and handed a piece of paper to Nokoru.
 
After reading the note, the blonde Elementary School Student Government President smiled.
 
“I'll be looking forward to what you can do, my Cinderella.” He answered, in response to her note.
 
Puzzled, Akira took a look at the paper, which read: Just as Cinderella disappears, I'll appear at midnight. Find me, my Prince, if you can.
 
“Kaichou…” Akira was confused.
 
The youngest Imonoyama, however, smiled.
 
By this time, Suoh was already beside the two.
 
Nodding slowly, he remarked, “Very enigmatic indeed.”
 
“Kaichou, what are you going to do?” Akira asked.
 
“I'll play along.” He answered.
 
Then, fan opening, he added, “Besides, I already know where she'd be.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
One day before the ball…
 
Akira noted, standing on the second floor, overlooking the Gamera Place, “Tomorrow is the ball.”
 
Beside him, Suoh nodded, “I think we can still make it.”
 
Then, unsuspected by the two, someone sneaked up behind Nokoru, just as he turned his head around.
 
Giving the blonde Elementary School Student Government President a quick shove, that someone scurried off in a hurry.
 
Suoh immediately jumped off, trying to catch the falling sixth-grader, while Akira ran down the staircase.
 
General girls' screaming.
 
Arriving on the scene, Akira asked worriedly, “Kaichou, Takamura-sempai, daijoubo desu ka?”
 
Nodding groggily, Nokoru nodded, “Hai, daijoubo desu."
 
Turning to Suoh, the blonde asked, “Daijoubo desu ka, Suoh?”
 
Wincing, the blue-haired fifth-grader answered, “Iie, it's just the leg…”
 
“Onegai, let me through.” A soft voice requested.
 
Turning to face the newcomer, the crowd parted to allow Mizuno Ami to enter.
 
Kneeling beside the injured Suoh, she quickly examined his ankle.
 
“It's swollen.” She noted.
 
Turning to face Suoh, she added, “I'm afraid you've sprained your ankle, Takamura-sempai.”
 
“I was afraid of that.” He muttered.
 
“Demo, how did you…” Akira was confused.
 
Slightly downcast, Ami answered, “My okaa-san was Mizuno Nikko.”
 
“Sou ka, the famous doctor.” Akira breathed in understanding.
 
Frowning slightly at the wound, she added, “I could reduce the swelling…”
 
Then, she looked at Suoh, “That is if you trust my abilities, Takamura-sempai.”
 
The fifth-grader nodded, putting total faith in her.
 
Ami nodded and turned her attention back at the sprained ankle. Shutting her eyes, she focused.
 
Suoh felt her remove the mental shield she had placed around herself and gasped when he felt her true aura rise.
 
Glowing a gentle watery blue, Ami placed her hands above the wound, and allowed her powers to flow.
 
 
Moments later, her aura subsided and Ami supported herself with her hands, as she
panted in exhaustion.
 
“Mizuno-san…” Akira was by her side, worried about his classmate.
 
Raising a hand to stop his further questions, the spell-caster answered, “Daijoubo desu, Ijyuin-san.” It's just that using my `abilities' taxes my body a little.”
 
By then a stretcher had arrived on the scene.
 
Standing up, the trio parted to allow the paramedics to carry Suoh away.
 
Moments later in the nurse's office…
 
A concerned Akira asked, “Daijoubo desu ka, Takamura-sempai?”
 
The ninja answered, “Hai, as Mizuno-san pointed out, I've only sprained my right ankle.”
 
At that, Nokoru was downcast, “Gomen ne Suoh. If I had more athletic ability...”
 
The stern ninja shook his head, “It's nothing, onegai don't worry about it.”
 
Akira was puzzled, “But did you feel faint? Kaichou, you suddenly fell...”
 
Nokoru shook his head, “Iie, I didn't fall.”
 
Akira was shocked, “Nani!”
 
“I was pushed.” He answered.
 
On the sick bay, Suoh commented, “Let's cancel the ball.”
 
Akira nodded in agreement, “I think that it should be canceled too.”
 
Nokoru, however, protested, “Iie, the `Kindergarten, Elementary School Joint Ball' will go on as planned.”
 
Shocked, the two argued, “Kaichou!”
 
Sternly, he replied, “The perpetrator's after me. Just because of me, an event that all of the kindergarten and elementary school students are all excited about cannot be canceled. I did not tell you, but the phone call said this. `Cancel the ball or something horrible will happen to the President.'”
 
Slightly angry, Suoh replied back, “Why didn't you tell us then?”
 
Nokoru answered, “If I did you would definitely have canceled the ball right?”
 
Smiling, he added, “Just because of me, I don't want to cast a shadow on the faces of those ladies' smiles.”
 
“Stubborn as always. Good to know you've haven't changed, Imonoyama-sempai.” A very familiar, but amused voice sounded from the door.
 
Both Nokoru and Akira turned to see Mizuno Ami at the door, stifling her giggles.
 
Nokoru looked insulted, “Ami-chan!” he pouted.
 
“Acting cute isn't becoming of the youngest Imonoyama.” She reminded him, her eyes twinkling.
 
Akira blinked, Ami-chan?
 
Suoh had to smirk, Looks like I have the perfect blackmail material. (A/N: Suoh-san is very cunning ne?)
 
“I do hope I wasn't interrupting anything.” She added curiously.
 
“Iie, not unless you count preventing another verbal war.” Akira answered.
 
Ami raised an eyebrow, “Verbal war?” she questioned.
 
Looking back and forth from Nokoru to Suoh, she nodded in understanding, “Oh I see.”
 
“Is there anything we can do for you, Mizuno-san?” Suoh asked.
 
“Actually, yes there is, Takamura-sempai.” Ami answered, entering the sick bay.
 
“It's about my `special abilities'.” She stated.
 
“I'm sure you've felt `it' earlier.” She added seriously.
 
“Don't worry, your secret is safe with me. Rest assured that my lips are sealed.” Suoh answered.
 
Ami nodded and gave a small bow, “Arigato gozaimasu, sempai.”
 
“A question Mizuno-san.” Suoh added, after some thought.
 
“Yes, sempai?” the girl asked.
 
“How exactly did you acquire such, ahem…”
 
“It's alright to mention the word `magic' in front of me, sempai.” Ami replied.
 
“The `normal' term for people like me is `sorceress', but I prefer to be called an
elemental spellcaster.” She explained, forming an ice ball above her open palm.
 
“Why so?” Akira asked.
 
“Sorceresses use staffs to summon their magic. Spellcasters on the other hand, draw on
the mana from their surroundings to cast their magic.” She added, closing her palm,
dissipating the ice ball.
 
Suoh nodded, mana, he knew, referred a very ancient term for the energy the magic users drew upon to cast their magic.
 
Suoh prompted, “So, the energy from before…”
 
Ami nodded, “Is mana, directed for a healing spell.”
 
“Smart and concise as usual, Ami-chan.” Nokoru applauded.
 
“If I didn't know you this well, Imonoyama-sempai, I'll be insulted.” Ami added in jest.
Nokoru had to laugh.
 
“Smart, beautiful, and with a sense of humor. I can see why kaichou is intrigued.” Suoh commented, a small smirk gracing his face.
 
Nokoru's laugh became a deep flush, “Suoh!” he protested.
 
“I'm flattered, sempai. But orders are orders. I'm afraid I have to leave.” Ami interjected regretfully.
 
Bowing slightly, she exited, but not before passing Akira a note.
 
Opening the folded piece of paper, Akira flushed after reading it.
 
“Very enigmatic indeed, kaichou.” Suoh noted.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
The day of the ball….
 
As emcee, Nokoru announced, “Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the `Kindergarten, Elementary School Joint Ball.' Onegai enjoy yourself to the fullest extent.”
 
On the darkened sidelines, both Suoh and Akira stood, looking out for anything suspicious.
 
“Daijoubo desu ka, Takamura-sempai?” Akira whispered, worried about the older boy's injury.
 
The ninja nodded, “Hai, don't take your eyes off of Kaichou.”
 
Akira nodded vigorously, “Hai!”
 
Nokoru was seen moving to the center of the Gamera Place. Approaching a girl, he greeted her.
 
“Konnichiwa.”
 
The girl answered softly, “Konnichiwa.”
 
“You are the one who have been sending me the sheets and the letters this past week.” Nokoru concluded.
 
“You are also the one who gave me the phone call.” He added.
 
“Doushite?” the girl asked, shocked.
 
“The `fairy of the lake' was also you.” Nokoru continued.
 
The girl nodded and confessed.
 
“Hai, I disguised myself as a boy to take the place of my late brother. I'm extremely sorry for deceiving the school.”
 
Nokoru nodded and replied, “Your tears are beautiful, but you are smile is much more.”
 
Taking her hand, he offered, “Please smile, and will you dance with me?”
 
After the dance, Nokoru went over to meet up with the two.
 
Puzzled, Suoh asked, “But how did you remember her name and handwriting from all
those letters you receive everyday?”
 
The blonde smiled, “Not only her. I remember all of the letter's contents, paper, envelope, hand writing, and the name.”
 
Starry-eyed, Akira remarked, “Sugoi!”
 
Suoh sighed, when it comes to "women," he has more memory than a computer.
 
Then, Akira said thoughtfully, “But it isn't good that she pushed kaichou from that high of a place.”
 
Nokoru answered, “That was only to frighten me a bit. She thought that I would land safely.”
 
Placing his hands together, Akira noted understandingly, “Sou ka, She didn't know that Kaichou lacked athletic ability!”
 
“Kaichou, about Mizuno-san…” Suoh reminded.
 
Nokoru nodded, “I know, Suoh. But knowing Ami-chan like I do, she'll keep her promise.”
 
Akira nodded, “The settings are ready kaichou.”
 
Suoh added, “Both Ijyuin and I are at your disposal tonight, kaichou.”
 
Nokoru nodded, “Arigato, the two of you.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
At midnight…
 
A formally dressed Mizuno Ami appeared in Gamera Place.
 
“Punctuality has always been a virtue of yours, Ami-chan.” Nokoru commented, as a spotlight flashed on him.
 
The girl had to smile.
 
“I see you've dragged both Takamura-sempai and Ijyuin-san into this `plan' of yours, Nokoru-kun.” She remarked amusedly.
 
Nokoru's eyes widened, Nokoru-kun? Conversation!
 
“Not `dragged' Ami-chan. They `volunteered'.” Nokoru corrected.
 
The girl retaliated, “Ijyuin-san, I can understand, but Takamura-sempai? I seriously doubt that.”
 
On the second floor, Suoh muttered, “She is smart.”
 
Akira nodded, “Indeed.”
 
Then, turning to Suoh, the fourth-grader said, “Takamura-sempai, I have to go. My mothers…”
 
Suoh nodded, “Just go Ijyuin. I can handle this.”
 
Akira nodded and took off.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Down below…
 
“Silkmusett's gown, tailored especially for you. Very elegant, Ami-chan. I expected nothing less from the Duchess of Augsburg.”
 
“I see you've taken notice of my change in title.” Ami bemused.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Upstairs, Suoh frowned, Duchess of Augsburg, where have I heard of this before?
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Then, a single white rose appeared out of nowhere and Nokoru presented it to her.
 
“A rose for the beauty before me.” He commented.
 
Ami blushed, allowing him to pin the corsage on her dress.
 
Nokoru offered his hand, “Should we?”
 
Ami blushed and nodded, taking his offered hand.
 
As if on cue, the music sounded in the background and the pair begun a waltz.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Upstairs, Suoh looked on as the pair twirled on the dance floor.
 
To an outsider, he can feel a certain something coming from the two, radiating literally.
There was just a feeling about those two that he could not place. It was as if the two were meant for each other.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
“I missed you, Ami-chan.” Nokoru whispered, pulling her close.
 
“I know.” She answered back, leaning on his shoulder.
 
Breathing out, she replied, “It's the Rijichou's orders, Nokoru-kun. I have no choice.”
 
Nokoru nodded, “I understand.”
 
Looking up, she smiled, “But tonight is an exception.”
 
Nokoru nodded in understanding.
 
The pair knew that that night was the only time they could be this close to each other and they intend to make full use of whatever time they had.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: That's it for now. (Looks at glaring readers who are about to slaughter her.) Erm, maybe not. (Sweatdrops) Guess I'll have to continue.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Somewhere in the Universe, the ghastly figure of the late Princess Serenity screamed in mental rage when she saw the above scene enfold.
 
She had no idea what Orion saw in the pathetic ice princess, except for the fact that she was the Dragon Mistress. Then, she remembered what Mercury told them about the Dragon Mistress when Orion presented her to her mother's court.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Flashback
 
He loves me. He loves me not. He loves me…” Princess Serenity chanted, as she plucked off petals from a daisy.
 
The daisies will be upset if you keep torturing them like this, Moon Princess.” A familiar voice sounded behind her.
 
The blonde princess turned around, to see Prince Orion standing behind her.
 
P...prince Orion!” she stammered, blushing.
 
Standing up, she dusted herself off.
 
Wh…what are you doing here?” she asked nervously.
 
I should ask you that, Moon Princess. You were the one who invited me.” The stellar prince answered.
 
Which princess do you like best?” she suddenly asked.
 
Please let it be me. Please let it be me. Please let it be me. She chanted mentally.
 
I think you should know who.” The blonde prince replied.
 
At that, Princess Serenity's hopes shattered.
 
So, the rumors are true; about you and Mercury…” she added sorrowfully.
 
Yes, Amelia is my chosen one.” Orion's confirmation served only to deepen the Moon Princess's anguish.
 
Wh… why her?” she asked.
 
Then, she thought in horror, unless, she's the…
 
There is no `why' in devoted love, Moon Princess.” Orion commented.
 
Furious, she screamed, “It's always about Mercury! What's so good about her anyway?
She's nerdy, a total brainiac and… and…” Princess Serenity could not carry on.
 
You'll see why after tonight, Serenity.” Princess Amelia informed her, coming beside Orion.
 
Still agitated, Princess Serenity hurled an entire string of accusations at the Mercury princess, including the sentence, “You thieving wretch!”
 
Unfazed, the azure-haired royal answered, “As I said, you'll see after tonight, Serenity.”
 
That night, the entire court of Queen Serenity arrived in the White Moon Palace. It was made known that both the stellar princes were leaving, for Prince Orion had already chosen a bride.
 
Mutterings were heard all over as about whom the lucky princess was who the rumors had said it was.
 
A trumpet was heard, and Prince Orion appeared before Queen Serenity.
 
You say you've found the `Dragon Mistress'.” The Moon Queen said.
 
The blonde prince nodded, “Yes, Queen of the White Moon. I have.”
 
The silvery-haired Queen prompted, “And she will be…?”
 
Footsteps were then heard coming forward. Gasps of surprise were heard all over.
 
By Jove, she's the `Dragon Mistress'? Princess Serenity exclaimed mentally, at the final confirmation of the `Dragon Mistress' identity.
 
Brow quirked, Queen Serenity questioned, “You claim that Princess Mercury is the `Dragon Mistress?”
 
Looks are deceiving, inner beauty is the main virtue of the `Dragon Mistress'.” Prince Orion quoted from the prophecy.
 
I see no other explanation, Queen Serenity.” He concluded.
 
Suddenly, a shout came.
 
I challenge her claim to Prince Orion!”
 
That voice belonged to Princess Serenity.
 
On what grounds, child?” Queen Serenity questioned her daughter.
 
The Fates made me dream of him!” she replied smugly.
 
Princess Serenity knew her mother held high regards to the Fates.
 
Turning to Orion, the Moon Queen continued her questioning.
 
Did she succeed in wooing you, prince?”
 
Orion smiled and shook his head, “No, she didn't.”
 
Then, it's not Fates, but obsession at work. Challenge denied.” Queen Serenity concluded.
 
Fuming, Princess Serenity returned to her position. She had thought that her mother would help her.
 
But how? Mercury isn't that powerful.” Princess Minako inquired.
 
I believe many of you have a misconception of the `Dragon Mistress'.” Princess Amelia interjected, standing up.
 
The `Dragon Mistress' is merely a title given to the `one' chosen by the High Council of the Gods. Her duty is simply to dispute any arguments among the five Dragon clans. The `Dragon Harp' is only a tool to open the gateway from Kalimdor to wherever the `Dragon Mistress' is at. The `Dragon Mistress' herself must support the dragon with her energy alone.” She explained.
 
Queen Serenity nodded.
 
Court dismissed.” She announced, disbanding the court session.
 
Mother, this isn't right! Orion's interest in Mercury wrong!” Princess Serenity protested, after the court session.
 
Queen Serenity then quirked a brow at her daughter, “Then pray, whom should he be interested in? You?”
 
The Moon Princess blushed.
 
I see. You assume that because you're the High Princess, you have the authority to demand that any of the other princesses to turn over her power to you. Then, Orion will have no alternative but to marry you.” The Moon Queen concluded.
 
As what Mercury said, the `Dragon Mistress' is chosen by the High Council of the Gods. They alone hold the absolute power in making the decisions in the entire Cosmos.” She added.
 
Princess Serenity gasped, if that was true, then Orion and Mercury were far more than fated to be together.
 
They were destined.
 
Accept it, child.” Queen Serenity advised, and walked off.
 
I will not allow it! She mentally screamed. I'll never accept it! Not as long as I have a breath left in my body. I will not be denied from what is mine!
 
The maidservants winced at the sound of glass breaking coming from Princess Serenity's resting chambers.
 
Damn Mercury! Damn her to hell! I should be the one Orion wants! I'm so much better than the blasted weakling!
 
She had remembered going up to Orion, cooing, in an attempt to make him change his mind.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
She had bristled and pouted like a child. "Why don't you love me?" she questioned in all innocence, genuinely not understanding how he could possibly resist her.
 
"Gee, where to start?" he snapped sarcastically, stepping away.
 
“That girl is weak, Orion, she is unworthy of your attentions." she murmured seductively.
 
"You deserve someone stronger, someone better. Let me be that someone."
 
"She is far too naïve and innocent." she cooed. "You deserve someone more experienced, someone who will know how to please you in every way possible."
 
Orion's eyes had widened in appalled understanding. He frowned in utter revulsion and glared at the Moon Princess.
 
“I would rather die a horrible and agonizing death that let you anywhere near me that way." he hissed.
 
Gasping, Princess Serenity stepped back; He refused her?
 
Disbelief turned into fury. He wasn't allowed to refuse her. He had to fall in love with her. She pulled back away from him, much to the Orion's relief.
 
All the sweetness and innocence that had played upon her face were now gone, replaced by the expression worn by every woman who was ever shunned by the one she loved.
 
"You'll change your mind soon enough." she ground in promise. "You'll see. Mercury will fall, and you'll be mine.”
 
And it was then, when she decided to bring forth the Demon Signs, no knowing how dangerous they were.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
In a separate dimension, Ysera, the Dreamer and overall mistress of the Emerald Dream held a meeting with the other head dragons.
 
This Emerald Dream was a vast, ever-changing spiritual world that existed outside the boundaries of the physical world and Time itself.
 
In a clam voice, the green dragon, Ysera questioned, as she looked around, “Where is the Spell-Weaver?”
 
“Malygos is guarding the Mistress as we speak.” The gray dragon, Neltharion answered.
Alexstrasza, the red, commented, “It's good you've come out of recluse, Earth-Warder.”
 
“It is necessary for me to withdraw from recluse, Life-Binder. Sargeras is still after the Mistress.” Neltharion replied sternly.
 
“Quite true.” Nozdormu, the bronze, agreed.
 
The Mistress has met up with the Orion Prince. Malygos, the blue, reported back mentally to Ysera.
 
Good, thank you, Malygos. Ysera replied back.
 
“The two descendents of Elune had gone too far as to challenge the High Council's authority. Zeus had ensured that the High Council's power is never to be defied.” Neltharion added.
 
Alexstrasza was worried, “But Metallia…”
 
“That demoness is only a minor threat. Queen Serenity had atoned her sins by sealing that demoness away.” Ysera answered.
 
“What about the Princess?” Neltharion asked.
 
“Her lust of someone who is destined for another has resulted in the reappearance of the Demon Signs. She also didn't know something. Both Orion and the Mistress are soulmates. As such, they share a connection with the other. One will feel and experience what the other felt.” Ysera added.
 
Nozdormu gasped at Ysera's implication, “And if one dies, so will the other.”
The Dreamer nodded.
 
“Princess Serenity had indirectly caused the downfall of her Kingdom, by summoning the Demons Signs and indirectly killing one of the planetary senshi.” She concluded.
 
“Isn't she betrothed to Endymion?” Alexstrasza questioned.
 
“She is, but she wanted another.” Ysera explained.
 
Nozdormu snorted, “She's spoilt, that's what.”
 
“Nozdormu is right, the Moon Princess had been sheltered ever since she was born. She had been fed from a silver spoon since young. To her, life is a bed of roses. She will do whatever it takes for things to go her way.” Ysera replied.
 
Alexstrasza concluded, “So, that's what happened to the `perfect couple'.”
 
Ysera nodded, “She didn't care who got hurt, as long as Orion was hers.”
 
“In the end, it was Orion who took that hit for the Mistress.” She added.
 
“I have half a mind to kill her right now.” Nozdormu growled.
 
“Too bad, you can't, since she's already dead.” Ysera pacified the bronze dragon.
Neltharion agreed.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: This is the next `case'. Suoh-lovers will probably like this part.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Time passes…
 
At CLAMP Campus Archery Range, an archery competition was being held.
 
After a student hit his target, general girls' screaming were heard as Takamura Suoh took the stage.
 
“Suoh-san is next.” One was heard exclaiming.
 
Standing up, the fifth-grader readied his arrow, hitting a bull's eye.
 
Once again, the girls screamed.
 
“A bulls eye! He's great indeed!” another girl blurted out.
 
After the match, Suoh was in the back of the archery range, refreshing himself. As he turned off the faucet, he suddenly heard a flute playing.
 
What sound is it? A flute? He wondered.
 
While walking around to source out the origin of the flute player, Suoh continued to speculate; It is a flute. And a Japanese flute...There isn't a music room around here and in CLAMP Campus there isn't a class or club with Japanese instruments, and elementary school and up all have classes right now. Who is it?
 
Eventually, Suoh finally chanced upon the flute player.
 
The petite lilac-haired girl, upon spotting a stranger, leapt off the branch she was sitting on, and fled.
 
“Yamatte!” Suoh cried out to the mysterious girl, whom he dubbed ` the Wisteria fairy'.
 
With the wind blew past him, Suoh wondered, “What was that?”
 
The next day, in the Elementary Student Government Room, Akira called, “Takamura-sempai.”
 
Still not getting an answer, Akira called again, “Takamura-sempai?”
 
At that, Suoh became aware of Akira.
 
“What is it Ijyuin?” he asked.
 
“I want you to look through these documents…” Akira replied, worried.
 
Suoh nodded, “I understand.”
 
Worriedly, Akira asked, “Takamura-sempai, are you sick?”
 
Suoh shook his head, “Daijobu.”
 
“Demo, you seem to be out of it.” Akira noted.
 
At that moment, the door opened.
 
“Gomen nasai, I'm late.” Nokoru apologized.
 
Noticing the wisterias in his arms, Suoh stood up abruptly.
 
“Kaichou, that wisteria...”
 
Remotely surprised, Nokoru blinked and replied, “Y...yeah...the wisterias by the archery range was beautiful, so I got them from the CLAMP Campus gardening club who is in charge of it. What about it?”
 
Sitting down, Suoh answered, “Iie, it is nothing.”
 
Sneaking beside Akira, Nokoru whispered to the fourth-grader, “Did he find out something I did?”
 
Blinking, Akira shook his head and replied, “I don't think so. If he did, then Kaichou's desk would be over flowing with documents.”
 
At that, Nokoru sweatdropped, “A… Akira…”
 
It was not long before document stamping was heard.
 
Passing a stack of papers to the Treasurer, Suoh said, “It's the document for the elementary school teachers, hand this in as it is.”
 
Akira nodded and answered, “I'll go to the teacher's lounge now.”
 
The door closed seconds later.
 
Nokoru began, “Su…” and was cut off by a door knock.
 
Clearing his throat, the blonde six-grader answered, “Please come in.”
 
The door opened to reveal Ohkawa Utako.
 
“Excuse me, konnichiwa, President Imonoyama of the Elementary School Student Government.” She greeted him.
 
Nokoru brightened and replied, “Well, President Ohkawa of the Kindergarten Student Government. Arigato for coming.”
 
“It is about the Kindergarten's Fall Garden Party that I sent the other day.” The ebony-haired kindergartner added.
 
Nokoru nodded and replied, “Of course, the Elementary Student Government will support it fully.”
 
“Arigato, I have already received permission from the Board of Trustees and the
Gardening Club. We will try our best to make it a wonderful garden party.” Utako
answered.
 
Opening his fan, Nokoru noted, “But it is a splendid idea, to use the wisteria trellis by the archery range as the stage for the garden party.”
 
Utako nodded in agreement, “I heard the plan to replant the wisteria on the wisteria trellis to a circular shape, so I thought it fit to use as a stage for this year's kindergarten's fall garden party. A week later, the garden club is going to replant it from the current rectangular shape to a donut shape.”
 
Nokoru added in understanding, “It is for the readjustment for the vines to growth.”
 
Utako smiled and replied, “The detailed plans for the garden party. Gomen to have taken your time, I will leave now.”
 
Nokoru laughed, “I am quite delighted to exchange words with a beautiful lady.”
 
Blushing slightly, Utako answered,” How flattering. So…”
 
Nokoru stopped her from continuing, “President Ohkawa.”
 
“Nani?” The kindergartner inquired.
 
“You who are beautiful, is glowing with beauty right now is because of "love"?” he concluded.
 
On the fan, the `on target' wordings were seen.
 
Smiling mysteriously, the kindergartner replied, “I could say the same for you, President Imonoyama.”
 
Then, she shut the door, leaving a bewildered Imonoyama Nokoru.
 
Snapping himself out of his thoughts, Nokoru added, “It is true that women becomes more beautiful when they are in "love." I would like to meet the person who has captured her heart.”
 
Just then, the door opened. Akira had returned.
 
“I just returned. Was someone here?” he inquired.
 
Nokoru nodded, replying, “Hai, a charming customer.”
 
Suddenly remembering something, Akira produced a document.
 
“Oh yes, this.”
 
“What is this?” Nokoru inquired.
 
“I was handed at the Teacher's lounge. This past week, there seems to be an unexplained phenomenon at the CLAMP Campus Colosseum and the Salad Bowl Dome, so they wanted to report it to the Elementary Student Government.” Akira explained.
 
A brow quirked, Nokoru asked, “An unexplained phenomenon?”
 
Akira nodded, “The stage of the colosseum was destroyed. The ground of the Salad Bowl Dome was split as if by a huge sickle.”
 
Frowning, Nokoru concluded, “It's too far to be a prank.”
 
Akira pressed, “Someone in CLAMP Campus to do such a thing...do you think it's an outside job?”
 
Nokoru laughed, “It's the first serious job for the CLAMP Campus Detective Team since it started. So let's go to the scene of the crime...”
 
“They already asked the CLAMP Campus Investigation Team.” Akira reported.
 
Nokoru facefaulted.
 
A movement outside the window caught their attention.
 
“What is that?” Akira asked.
 
“That is the missile that the CLAMP Campus Electrical Engineering Department built from the request of the Raichou. It must be in it's last test run.” Nokoru explained.
 
At that, Akira was puzzled, “Do missiles fly that slow?”
 
“That missile is special. It is able to go from a slow speed of a blimp to a speed close to the sound barrier.” Nokoru clarified.
 
“Sugoi!” Akira exclaimed, impressed.
 
Then, he asked, “But what is the Raichou going to use it for?”
 
Nokoru thought for a while and added, “That missile has a camera on it, so she must use it to look at the campus.”
 
“But why use a missile for it. There are blimps, helicopters, and etc...” Akira inquired.
 
Fan opening, Nokoru replied, “It seemed interesting.”
 
Akira fell sideways.
 
In fifth Grade Class Z, the girl students were worried about one Takamura Suoh.
 
“What is wrong with Suoh-san?” a girl asked.
 
“He seems down these couple of days. He's always quiet but this is different. He seems to be in thought.” Another added.
 
“Is he sick?” one asked
 
“I'm worried.” Another replied.
 
In the midst of class, Suoh wondered, Was it an illusion?
 
After class, Suoh was walking towards the Elementary Student Government Room, when Nokoru caught up with him.
 
“Suoh!” the blonde cried out.
 
His attention caught, Suoh answered, “Kaichou!”
 
“Akira is absent today.” Nokoru added.
 
“Did something happen?” Suoh inquired.
 
Nokoru answered, “Fourth graders are on a trip for five days. Akira said that yesterday.” Surprised that Suoh was not paying attention.
 
Suoh frowned and nodded, Now that I think about it...
 
“Suoh, let's go to the Kindergarten Garden Party rehearsal as a break.” Nokoru encouraged.
 
Let's go, let's go. He added mentally.
 
Suoh objected, “But there are documents that must be finished by today.”
 
“It's alright, alright.” Nokoru assured him, pulling the rather unwilling Suoh along.
 
Upon arrival, Nokoru noted, “They seemed to have finished moving the wisteria trellis to a circular shape.”
 
Suoh reminded, “Kaichou, the documents for today's student government...”
 
“President Imonoyama.” A voice sounded behind them.
 
Turning around, Nokoru answered, “President Ohkawa. The Kindergarten Garden Party is tomorrow. The preparations seem to be going smoothly.”
 
Utako nodded in agreement.
 
Turning to Suoh, she added, “Please come tomorrow, Secretary Takamura too.”
 
Amazed at the wisteria formation, Nokoru thought, Wisterias in the fall. CLAMP Campus Garden Club is amazing.
 
Nodding, Suoh answered, “Arigato.”
 
A shuffle of footsteps alerted the trio.
 
“The rehearsal just started.” Utako noted.
 
Suoh gasped in recognition at the player. That girl...
 
“So, that is Lady Azuya Nagisa.” Nokoru nodded.
 
Surprised, Suoh asked, “Kaichou, you know her?”
 
Nokoru nodded, “She is a great Japanese-style dancer as her mother and a renowned traditional court musician as her father. She herself has talents surpassing her parents. She is certainly going to be in Class Z in the future.”
 
Realization dawning on him, Suoh remarked, “So that's why she was playing the flute...”
 
Laughing evilly, Nokoru asked, “What is it Suoh, do you know Lady Nagisa?”
 
Stammering, the ninja replied, “N…no, it's not that...”
 
Then, Nokoru noticed something.
 
“President Ohkawa.” he interjected.
 
“Hai, President Imonoyama?” Utako inquired.
 
“If Lady Nagisa plays the flute, then why is a harp present?”
 
Utako smiled, “The `Harpist of Illusions' will be making a guest performance alongside with Nagisa-chan.”
 
“The `Harpist of Illusions'?” both elementary students echoed.
 
Utako nodded.
 
“And you know her pretty well too, President Imonoyama.” Utako added mysteriously.
 
For once, Imonoyama Nokoru was confused.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
The next day…
 
General typing sounds were heard the Elementary Student Government Room.
 
At his desk, Suoh was typing away busily when he hit on his stack of neatly arranged documents.
 
“Suoh, aren't you going to the garden party?” Nokoru inquired.
 
“I am working.” The strict ninja answered, as he continued typing.
 
Regretfully, Nokoru replied,” Ohkawa President invited us.”
 
“There are piles of documents still left.” Suoh added adamantly.
 
“By the way, Kaichou what are you doing on the computer?” he questioned.
 
The President answered, “I am compiling data of the unknown destructions on CLAMP Campus that Akira brought from the Teacher's Lounge.”
 
“Kaichou!” Suoh asserted, a vein popping on his forehead. (A/N: Don't these two remind you of fandom Duo and Wufei?)
 
Fooling around again! He thought angrily.
 
Nokoru added, “It's probably the time of Lady Nagisa's performance.”
 
Suoh fell over.
 
Chuckling evilly, Nokoru thought, This is interesting.
 
His computer screen beeped, alerting the sixth-grader.
 
“Nani!”
 
Suoh managed to pull himself up, shaking his head in resignation.
 
“Suoh!” Nokoru blunted out.
 
“H…Hai?” he asked.
 
“Look at this!” the sixth-grader exclaimed in shock.
 
The blue-haired ninja got off his seat.
 
“It's the data of the flight course of the missile that the chairwoman requested.” Nokoru realized.
 
He added, “And these are places where the missile reached its fastest speed. When the Colosseum and the Salad Bowl is placed on top of it…”
 
Suoh frowned, “The two points do much, but at other areas it did not appear so why only the Colosseum and the Salad Bowl?”
 
“It's the circular shape.” Nokoru concluded.
 
“Circular?” Suoh was baffled.
 
“The Colosseum is conical shaped. The Salad Bowl had it's roof opened on the day of destruction, so this was also conical shaped. And because something high speed passed on top of it...” Nokoru explained.
 
Realization dawning, Suoh added, “Wind forms, and the center of the cone turned into a vacuum.”
 
Nokoru nodded, “Then a slicing phenomenon occurred. The test run of the missile both occurred at night, so there was no one at the two points, so it is good that no one was hurt.”
 
Suoh breathed out, “Amazing Kaichou.”
 
Nokoru flipped open his fan and said, “I would like them to request it to the "CLAMP Campus Detective Team" for next time.”
 
“So, the missile right now…” Suoh prompted.
 
“In its test run! And they are going to test the fastest speed again in the next couple of minutes!” Nokoru responded.
 
Suoh asked, “Can't you stop the test?”
 
Nokoru shook his head, “Iie, the test runs the course that was programmed before. It's set that outsiders can't interfere with it.”
 
In deep thought, Suoh added, “I don't think there are anymore conical shaped buildings on CLAMP Campus aside from the Colosseum and the Salad Bowl. The test course…”
 
Sudden understanding dawning on him, Nokoru exclaimed, “The Wisteria Trellis! They just replanted the wisteria so the center is conical shaped!”
 
At the comment, Suoh opened the window and jumped out, running towards the Wisteria Trellis.
 
Nokoru called out to him from the open window.
 
“Suoh!”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Meanwhile, in the Wisteria Trellis, Azuya Nagisa was playing on her flute, accompanied by the `Harpist of Illusions', who turned out to be Mizuno Ami.
 
“Nagisa-san's playing is always amazing.” A student breathed in awe.
 
Another student nodded, “And who would have expected the `Harpist of Illusions' to be Mizuno-sempai.”
 
The student beside them added, “Mizuno-sempai is indeed astounding. Not only is she an accomplished harpist, she also an excellent swimmer and a top-grade ice skater.”
 
A fourth student agreed.
 
“Even Japan's National Swimming Team wants her in their Olympic swim squad.”
 
“The Olympic swim squad? Isn't she too young?” the first student asked.
 
Everyone else nodded.
 
“But I've heard they've reserved a place for her.” The student who mentioned about the Olympic swim squad added.
 
“Sugoi! Mizuno-sempai is indeed amazing.”
 
Just then, the missile flew past, and a high pitched sound was heard.
 
The audience was sent running.
 
A higher pitch sound was heard and things started breaking apart.
 
Leaping away from the flying debris, Ami looked on, shocked as Nagisa stood still, scared.
 
“Nagisa-san!” the older girl screamed.
 
“Kyaa!” Nagisa let out a cry of pure shock.
 
More things fell apart.
 
That split second, Suoh leapt up and carried Nagisa out of the danger line.
 
Upon realizing her rescuer, Nagisa blushed and muttered, “Arigato ...for rescuing me.”
 
An “Ami-sensei, abunai!” scream from Utako alerted the pair that the danger was not
entirely over.
 
On the sidelines, Suoh and Nagisa could only watch as the trail of destruction headed towards Mizuno Ami.
 
Reacting on instinct alone, Ami's eyes grew feral, as an eerie wind of frost picked up around her.
 
At that point, Nokoru arrived on the scene.
 
“S…seem to make it.” He said, panting.
 
After catching his breath, his eyes widened at a levitating Mizuno Ami.
 
“Shitmatta, Ami-chan!” he exclaimed.
 
After gathering enough energy, Ami released the accumulated power, deflecting the numerous debris that was headed towards her.
 
Powering down, she fainted, collapsing on the destroyed brick ground.
 
Leaping up on the stage, Nokoru caught her just in time, before she hit the floor.
 
“President Imonoyama! What happened?” Utako asked, kneeling beside him, worry evident in her voice.
 
“It is the words of the chairwoman that all is her fault. She will make compensations for ruining the Kindergarten Garden Party.” He answered.
 
“And Ami-sensei…” she pressed, looking rather distressed at Ami's demise.
 
“She'll be fine. That outburst drained her of much of her energy.” He answered.
 
“Well, one good thing did come out of this mess.” Utako commented, looking over at Suoh and Nagisa.
 
Nokoru nodded, “Indeed.”
 
Utako agreed, “I don't seem to understand the situation...but those two seems to have gone well.”
 
Nokoru managed a relieved smile, “I wanted both of them to meet in a more sedate manner...but Suoh and Lady Nagisa seems to have been able to meet.”
 
Utako nodded apologetically, “Gomen nasi for making an unreasonable request. Nagisa-chan was quiet these days and I asked her why and she cried that she couldn't forget the person she met at the wisteria trellis, but she didn't know what to do... Ami-sensei tried to help, but knowing how busy Secretary Takamura was… Besides, Nagisa-chan is a quiet girl, so she doesn't start a conversation by herself or try to have something happen. I thought that if they could only meet once again...”
 
Nokoru nodded, “You are very kind.”
 
Utako managed a small smile, “But no nearly as kind as Ami-sensei. She was willing to forego today's performance just to aid Nagisa-chan.”
 
“Besides,” she added, “I like Nagisa-chan very much. She is a very, very important friend. To be in "love" is something "wonderful." If Nagisa-chan is in love and become "happy" then I am "happy" too.”
 
Nokoru remarked, “You must be in a "happy" love. I would like to meet the person who is in the "happy" love with someone wonderful like you.”
 
Somewhere else, Akira's sneeze was heard.
 
Utako managed a blush, “I could say the same for you, President Imonoyama. With Ami-sensei, I mean.”
 
At that, Nokoru had the decency to blush.
 
Nodding towards the new couple, Nokoru added, “I am "happy" too. Suoh seems to be unable to forget the Wisteria fairy that he met at the Wisteria Trellis.”
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: (Sweatdrops) How was that? Read and review people!