Clamp School Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ Nokoru's First Love ❯ The Reappearance of the Spirit Rose ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

SailorStar9: I think I've neglected this fic long enough. This is Chapter 5. Before I start, a Q&A session to the following reviewer.
 
Shini no Tenshi: (Authoress looks insulted) I'm a girl, not a guy. (Pouts) I will try to update, that is if my memory is still correct with the anime.
 
Words in italics refer to thoughts and flashbacks. As you can see in the previous chapter, I don't really like Serenity very much.
 
Chapter 5: The Reappearance of the Spirit Rose
 
Disclaimers: Why do I have to say this every single time? I own not the legal rights of Sailor Moon or CLAMP Campus Detectives.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Imonoyama Nokoru sat by a bed in the infirmary, with a worried-looking Ohkawa Utako, a concerned Azuya Nagisa, and a stern-looking Takamura Suoh behind him.
 
Just then, a nurse came into the sickbay and commented, “It's getting late, Imonoyama-san. I suggest all of you to return home. Mizuno-san will be quite alright in our care.”
 
“I have no doubt in the abilities of the doctors in CLAMP Campus.” Nokoru answered.
 
“It's just that…” he trailed, looking down at the unconscious Ami.
 
“You feel guilty that you've landed Mizuno-san in her current condition.” Suoh supplied.
Nokoru let out a small smile.
 
“Suoh's right. It's my fault for not realizing it sooner.”
 
Just then, Ohkawa Utako spoke up, “For kami sake, President Imonoyama, do you really think Ami-sensei will blame you for that?”
 
Nokoru blinked at the outspoken kindergartner.
 
“President Ohkawa…” Nokoru was stunned silent.
 
“Utako-chan is right, President Imonoyama.” Nagisa added.
 
All eyes turned to the soft-spoken girl.
 
Nagisa blushed, before replying, “You know Ami-sempai better than any of us present. Do you think she will blame you for something that wasn't even your fault in the first place?”
 
At that, Suoh decided to intervene.
 
“The both of them are right, Kaichou. From what I can see, Mizuno-san isn't the type of person to hold grudges.”
 
Nokoru sighed and nodded, “I suppose you're right. Miz… Ami-chan has always been very forgiving.”
 
Suoh reminded, “Kaichou, we have to leave. The infirmary will be closing in half an hour's time.”
 
Nokoru shook his head, “The three of you go on ahead. I…I'll like to stay a little longer.”
 
Suoh nodded, and the three went out.
 
Once the door clicked shut, Nokoru turned his attention back on Mizuno Ami.
 
Gently stroking her hair, Nokoru looked fondly at the comatose girl.
 
“I know you won't be able to hear me, Ami-chan, demo… gomen ne.” he whispered.
 
Quietly pulling a chair, he sat beside her as past memories of their younger days came flooding to his mind.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Flashback
 
It was in the middle of summer and 5-year-old Imonoyama Nokoru was running happily in an open field.
 
3-year-old Mizuno Ami was sitting under the cool shade of the ancient oak tree, reading a book.
 
It was one of the very rare times where the two children could actually get away from the pressures of everyday life.
 
Ami was so immersed in her book that she had not noticed Nokoru sneaking behind her.
 
Then, all of a sudden, her world turned black as the playful Nokoru covered her eyes with his small hands.
 
Startled, she shrieked, dropping her book on the grassy ground.
 
Then, her vision `returned' to her as Nokoru removed his hands, rolling on the ground, giggling hysterically.
 
Pouting cutely, Ami glared at the laughing Nokoru as the best as she could, before turning away seconds later.
 
Knowing that she was angry, Nokoru went in front of her, with puppy dog eyes, begging for forgiveness.
 
Huffing, Ami turned away, promptly ignoring him.
 
In an instant, he was before her again, his puppy dog eyes never leaving him.
 
Once again, she turned the other way.
 
This went on for quite some time, before Ami relented.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Nokoru smiled fondly at that particular memory.
 
Thinking back, he realized how ridiculous he must have looked.
 
Then again, puppy dog eyes always worked on you ne, Ami-chan? He wondered, glancing affectionately down at the comatose girl.
 
The nurse then re-entered the room, informing him that they were about to close.
 
Nokoru nodded, and turned back to Ami.
 
Quickly brushing a kiss on her lips, the Elementary School Student Government President exited the room.
 
The next morning, Nokoru was back in the infirmary.
 
“I see you've returned, Imonoyama-san.” The doctor in charge of Mizuno Ami noted.
 
“Sensei, how is she?” Nokoru asked, his glance never leaving the girl.
 
“From what the tests show, it seems that her energy had been zapped. Also, we've found something rather interesting about her.” The doctor answered, looking up from his clipboard.
 
Nokoru raised an eyebrow.
 
“Something interesting?” he questioned.
 
The doctor nodded.
 
“She has an abnormality in her blood from the sample we took. In short, Mizuno Ami isn't what we would deem as `normal'.”
 
“I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean, Sensei.” Nokoru remarked.
 
“Her blood, as we found out, is mixed with silvery swirls, with a hint of blue. To put it simply, Imonoyama-san. Mizuno Ami isn't totally human.” The doctor explained.
 
“Such a phenomenon is rather…” The doctor paused for a while, trying to find the right word.
 
“Shocking?” Nokoru supplied.
 
“Actually, the word I'm looking for is `astonishing'.” The doctor corrected.
 
“Silvery swirls indicate that I'm a magic user. The blue hint tells of the element I use.” a soft voice supplied behind the duo.
 
Nokoru was immediately by her side.
 
“Fascinating.” the doctor muttered.
 
“What are you going to do, doc? Dissect me?” Ami joked, with a small smile on her face.
 
The doctor laughed at her expression.
 
“Iie Mizuno-san. The Rijichou had told me about selected people who have such abilities. And you are the few of them.”
 
Ami sighed in relief.
 
Nodding in understanding, the doctor retreated out of the room, giving the two pre-teens some privacy.
 
“Never. Ever. Do. That . Again.” Nokoru warned.
 
“You have me scared.” he admitted.
 
“Gomen nasai.” the girl muttered, as she rested her head on his shoulder.
 
“Don't be.” Nokoru consoled her.
 
“Kaichou…” Souh hissed from the open door.
 
The two pre-teens blushed at the sudden intrusion and Nokoru quickly left her side under the intense glare of the blue-haired ninja.
 
Ami giggled at the sheepish look Nokoru sent the fifth-grader and before long, the pair was gone.
 
Once she was alone, the Dragon Harp reappeared in her palm and the 10-year-old was given another flashback.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
Flashback aka memory sequence
 
Princess Mercury had something that Selenity (Queen Serenity to most of us) wanted; the Spirit Rose.
 
The High Council of the Gods not only chose her as the `Dragon Mistress', Hades also chose her as the Keeper of the Spirit Rose.
 
The Spirit Rose contained all the souls of every creature in all worlds and Princess Amelia was chosen to protect it. The Rose itself was really a masterpiece of work, perfectly capable of protecting itself from nature, but not humans and greed.
 
And greed for power was what drove Selenity to lust for the Rose. She was not satisfied with the Ginzuishou, she wanted more. The Spirit Rose proved to be exactly what she wanted; its power to control the fate of every single creature in the universe.
 
But when Amelia refused outright to hand the Rose to her, Selenity was outraged. Nobody had dared to deny her of anything!
 
Then, Amelia told her point blank that the Rose was given to her by Hades himself, Selenity was not satisfied with her answer and had demanded the Rose again.
 
Once again, Amelia refused to hand the Rose to the Queen of the White Moon.
 
Furious, Selenity was about to grab the Rose when suddenly, the exquisite crystal burst into a bright light, forcing the two to cover their eyes.
 
When the light eventually died sown, the Rose was gone. Denied of her prize, Selenity went away.
 
Where the Rose went, nobody knew; all except Sailor Pluto. The Eternal Guardian of the Time Gates saw the Rose escape back to its master's hands. Hades had kept it safe, until Amelia was reborn.
 
End of Flashback
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
At that, Ami was jolted out of her musing when a bright light shone between her palms.
 
With the light died off, the Spirit Rose reappeared before her.
 
Ami looked down at the remarkable crystal in her hands and smiled knowingly. Without Selenity's interference this time, the Rose will be kept safe from greedy hands.
 
***************************************************************** *********************
 
SailorStar9: Short Chapter I know, but please bear with me. I'm running out of ideas for this.